The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

When is ZoS going to fix their tech

Horus6
Horus6
✭✭
You guys really need to to do some major server overhauls and get some better optimization down the lag is just *** always has been and seems to be getting worse.

And please don't tell me it's me because it's not.

1. 60 mega bits down (if you don't know the conversion it's not my problem)

2. 10 up

3. 2 amd r9's (16 GB of Gddr5 PS: your nvidia still uses Gddr3 and the difference is huge.)

4. 4.8 Ghz cpu

5.32 GB ram

6. I could go on but there is no point...

I've got no render lag, I'm talking about network lag and my connection is stable at 7.5 Megabytes capping out occasionally at 8 so it's not me lol....

It's just getting old to only be able to play at certain times of the day to avoid the massive lag (which is only slightly less massive earlier in the day lol)

I'm not going to bother responding to any one that even attempts to tell me that it's my system or my connection, it may not effect you (which is highly unlikely) but it has and still does hit a huge portion of the player base.
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed lag in pvp is getting worse then I took a look at the campaigns and nearly every one was full during prime time on the Xbox servers at least. so to me this makes sense haha
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed lag in pvp is getting worse then I took a look at the campaigns and nearly every one was full during prime time on the Xbox servers at least. so to me this makes sense haha

This makes sense IF each campaign is just a separate thread on the server...if each campaign has it's own server(s) then no the lag does not make much sense.

Also their headend into the server room could be at capacity with all the communication going into the megashard. Lots to figure out and hard to do without a budget or leadership.
  • Horus6
    Horus6
    ✭✭

It doesn't though.

Yes with more people etc.. you expect lag it happens.

That being said the entire point of a mega server (which is not one server) it's clusters of servers (in a very simple explanation) " bridged to act as one " to not only allow more people but to also reduce the impact of things like lag.

And it's not just in pvp it's every where it's got more to do with bad server tech, which could be a result of a lot of different things....

Poor coding (issues with optimization etc..)

cheap servers...

poorly setup servers etc..

• Horus6
    Horus6
    ✭✭

This makes sense IF each campaign is just a separate thread on the server...if each campaign has it's own server(s) then no the lag does not make much sense.

Also their headend into the server room could be at capacity with all the communication going into the megashard. Lots to figure out and hard to do without a budget or leadership.

That's part of the point though lol this is effecting the amount of money they take in think about how many people have quit since the game went live because the lag was too much for them ( Yes I understand there are people with shity systems and crappy connections, as a company they're supposed to anticipate this. They did not.)

As for your point on PvP if each campaign is simply instanced off then they're just bad and yes each should have it's own server.

And in regards to being over capactity, I just can't accept that you can run through low level zones and see maybe 10-20 people in them there should be no lag at all.

Which is why I say it seems like it's an issue with not only the server tech but the code as well, you can't make an mmorpg and not make sure your code is clean and optimized the excess waste from every thing can and will have just as much of a negative impact on gameplay as a cheap server will.