Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Thieves Guild Guide: Systems & Skill Line"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Thieves Guild Guide: Systems & Skill Line. Learn more about the new Thieves Guild passive skill line and some of the new systems coming your way in the Thieves Guild DLC game pack in our latest guide.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Pensola
    Pensola
    ✭✭✭
    I am so excited for this DLC, you have no idea!

Also, thank you so much for Mementos section! They have always been fun to use in RP and just to have fun with friends while waiting for others or for spawns, but I do agree they take space. It is really kind of you to include that! Oh, that reminds me… will the mementos be account-wide, or character specific? They are underneath mounts and pets which are, so I got curious.
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean the passives on the PTS are already finalized for live release? DIsappointing.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excited for the DLC. :)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you attempt to open a Thieves Trove and have the Thieves Guild DLC game pack, you will also automatically unlock the passive skill line
    That's really bad. It should be a reward for completing Partners in Crime and joining the Guild, not something you can just acquire by owning the DLC.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    If you attempt to open a Thieves Trove and have the Thieves Guild DLC game pack, you will also automatically unlock the passive skill line
    That's really bad. It should be a reward for completing Partners in Crime and joining the Guild, not something you can just acquire by owning the DLC.

It didn't unlock for me automatically. I found a trove under the dock on my way to the first heist and I didn't get the skill line and couldn't open it.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What are these?

the “Covetous Countess" quests
  • GindralesDemnevanni
    MEMENTOS FINALLY!

Save money on locations in inventory.
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    25 days left, only 25 days, very long w8ing, but it's worth.

How much it will cost the artisans? (crownstore banker, merchant)
    Shadowsilk gem (goblin disguise) it will in the costumes collectibles like the skeleton?
    These new npc animations awesome, can we can use as emotes?
    Can we climb the wall too? :)
    Edited by ChuckyPayne on February 11, 2016 4:20AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    It didn't unlock for me automatically. I found a trove under the dock on my way to the first heist and I didn't get the skill line and couldn't open it.
    Hmm... I guess maybe that was written in error. It will unlock though I think if you just port to Abah's Landing without starting the quest, which is still wrong. It's the Guild skill line; you should be required to join the guild to get its skill line, and to join the guild you must finish the first quest.

Dominoid wrote: »
    What are these?
    the “Covetous Countess" quests
    @Dominoid Those are found on the Guild Job Board (which is now apparently called the Tip Board, for some reason). Instead of pickpocketing in three zones like most of the others, for these you have to steal three items from a specific category, and then launder them and deliver them. If you've got the right type of items in the Laundered Shipment, you can just deliver them straight away.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That collections window... :cry: tears of love for how beautiful it is... :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when will they be making changes to stamina sorc?
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This DLC sounds great. So tempted to do the quests on PTS but I dont want to spoil the story.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where do we get the skill points for this skill line in addition to all of the points needed for Legerdemain? :tongue:

For the budget conscious the most useful from this new skill line are Haggling and Veil of Shadows. (Finders Keepers is nice but you get it for joining the Guild). The rest are "meh" for the investment required.
    Edited by tinythinker on February 11, 2016 3:02PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This DLC sounds great. So tempted to do the quests on PTS but I dont want to spoil the story.
    I've done a few of the quests, but I won't spoil the experience for you. Beyond the quests, there are some fun world bosses and delves, too. But I will say this: if the character(s) you want to play with don't have Legerdemain maxed out, I would strongly recommend it to make the most of the new guild. It isn't necessary, but it will make things easier and more rewarding.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done a few of the quests, but I won't spoil the experience for you. Beyond the quests, there are some fun world bosses and delves, too. But I will say this: if the character(s) you want to play with don't have Legerdemain maxed out, I would strongly recommend it to make the most of the new guild. It isn't necessary, but it will make things easier and more rewarding.
    Conversely, while it will be a bit harder, and take a bit longer, you could do what I've been doing and use the new repeatables to build up your legerde and TG at the same time :)
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Conversely, while it will be a bit harder, and take a bit longer, you could do what I've been doing and use the new repeatables to build up your legerde and TG at the same time :)
    True, but either way Leg just sucks up all the skill points :neutral:

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pensola wrote: »
    I am so excited for this DLC, you have no idea!

Also, thank you so much for Mementos section! They have always been fun to use in RP and just to have fun with friends while waiting for others or for spawns, but I do agree they take space. It is really kind of you to include that! Oh, that reminds me… will the mementos be account-wide, or character specific? They are underneath mounts and pets which are, so I got curious.

Agreed! Now, if we can just get a collections window for all of our disguises...
  • epoling
    epoling
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stealing and murder are the coming up DLCs. Couldn't the criminal activities have been broken up with something for those of us who don't want to be bad guys?
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Aside from the passive that makes pickpocketing easier, which Legerdemain skills would you recommend putting points into?

I guess the stamina cost for sneaking one would be worthwhile after they change the stamina regen.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »

Aside from the passive that makes pickpocketing easier, which Legerdemain skills would you recommend putting points into?

I guess the stamina cost for sneaking one would be worthwhile after they change the stamina regen.

I actually like them all. The stealth one is the most useful as it will really up your game sneaking in Cyrodiil.

Pickpocketing is a quick source of gold and will level the skill line very fast. It's also a fun mini game.

Force locks is great in imperial city / sewers / WGT. It also saves the hassle of lock picking once you have the skill line maxed at 20.

The other two are less useful, but fun if you're trying to build a dedicated rogue character. I wouldn't put points in these until you have all the other elements of your character fleshed out with skill points.
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a question!

Will the assistance be randomly generated in appearance, or will there be a select few who all look the same?
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    epoling wrote: »
    Stealing and murder are the coming up DLCs. Couldn't the criminal activities have been broken up with something for those of us who don't want to be bad guys?

Well the Iron Wheel are the bad guys :) So your joining the good guys, dispite them being theives.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.