The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How much crowns would you pay for having assistants?

Thealteregoroman
Thealteregoroman
✭✭✭✭✭
Its pretty much a convenience and was wondering how much crowns you would pay to have the many different types of assistants they will have.
Especially if they are from different guilds. Should they be free for ESO Plus members?
****Master Healer...****
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is an assistant?
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ****Master Healer...****
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't think I'll bother with them
    As you say merely a convenience, just save you a trip to town
    I think maybe between 500-1000 crowns would be a fair price for them, pet range
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would this be something you buy once and then have permanent access to, or a limited use item you have to buy again to keep using?

If it's permanent (like a pet which you can summon and unsummon at will) then I might consider buying one to access the bank, but not for more than 1000 crowns. If it's single use (or a pack of 10 uses or whatever) then I wouldn't buy it with crowns and probably wouldn't buy it with gold unless it was very cheap.

My other MMO, Guild Wars 2, has something similar - you can buy single-use items with cash or gold that summon bank, merchant or Trading Post (universal trade system) NPCs and I never buy those because it's not worth the cost when a bit of planning makes it easy to wait until I can go to a town. Even when I get free ones as in-game rewards I find myself wanting to save them until I 'really' need them, which basically never happens.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. In that case, I wouldn't pay anything. I have no use for these summons and they'd probably be too immersion-breaking for my taste. It's good that ZOS is adding them, though. I'm sure people will appreciate the convenience.
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Would this be something you buy once and then have permanent access to, or a limited use item you have to buy again to keep using?

If it's permanent (like a pet which you can summon and unsummon at will) then I might consider buying one to access the bank, but not for more than 1000 crowns. If it's single use (or a pack of 10 uses or whatever) then I wouldn't buy it with crowns and probably wouldn't buy it with gold unless it was very cheap.

My other MMO, Guild Wars 2, has something similar - you can buy single-use items with cash or gold that summon bank, merchant or Trading Post (universal trade system) NPCs and I never buy those because it's not worth the cost when a bit of planning makes it easy to wait until I can go to a town. Even when I get free ones as in-game rewards I find myself wanting to save them until I 'really' need them, which basically never happens.

Nice! I think and HOPE that it will be permanent!
    ****Master Healer...****
  • draco_nightstalker
    draco_nightstalker
    Soul Shriven
    Wondering if the merchant assistant also buys and launders stolen goods
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably not :neutral:
    ****Master Healer...****
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't think I'll bother with them
    As you say merely a convenience, just save you a trip to town
    I think maybe between 500-1000 crowns would be a fair price for them, pet range

While I was in the PTS,I got them and they are right handy to have,I can tell ya.When you are out in the middle of nowhere and your bags are full,the banker and the merchant assistants are worth buying.
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe they're unlockable with the Thieves Guild DLC, right? I remember hearing that, at least. If that's true then... nothing, because I'm already subscribed and will be getting them anyway.
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    700-1000 is my bet, above that and at least i won't bother by them u have been doing fine so far.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe they're unlockable with the Thieves Guild DLC, right? I remember hearing that, at least. If that's true then... nothing, because I'm already subscribed and will be getting them anyway.

One of them, the Fence, is unlocked by doing the TG quest line.

The Banker and the Merchant are sold for crowns.

To answer to the OP, I think 700 crowns would be a good price. The Merchant can't fix your gear and the Banker can't access guild bank/store, so they are not convenient enough to make me pay any more for them. They also do not have any unique dialogue that would make me want to have them following me around. I mean, if one of the assistants was Pacrooti, and he had a few funny different lines he would say every time I interacted with him (similar to M'aiq's lines), I would pay up to 1000 crowns even if he didn't have any other functionality.
    Edited by Abeille on February 28, 2016 5:29AM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You will be able to buy them in the crown store.
  • LindsC
    LindsC
    ✭✭✭

Nope. After you complete the TG quest line you get a fence assistant although you get 1/3 less of the items value
  • Slashie
    Slashie
    ✭✭
    The fence will come with an achievement, and I could see the merchant and banker being sold for around 1000 crowns each. Any more and its over priced..
    Although, I doubt many people will keep them out often, but running around and seeing the same person following everyone around in public dungeons etc. would be kind of annoying.
    I like how party members can all use one person's follower, so this would help with issue at least a little bit.
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would pay zero dollars