Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Allow us to skip it IF it has been done on at least 1 character on the account

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow,skip the quests now,is it? What next.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    Wow,skip the quests now,is it? What next.

Skip the ones you've already done 4 times, so you have time to do the ones you didn't do yet.... so many quests in the game, why force people to play the same 40 quests again and again.

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »

Praise be Akatosh!
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I will still do them for the skill points...

All they need to fix is the slow walking, waiting ect.

OR

Just put all the enemies in one room and let me kill everything at once that way I don't need to run around. :trollface:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    And I will still do them for the skill points...

Which is how it should be.. want the skill points, do the quest line.. but before it locked off 2/3's of the game if you didn't want to do the quest line again for the Nth time, with no way to advance from VR1->VR16 without grinding it out. With this change, people can do VR1->VR16 questing, doing content that they might not have done yet.

It's not just skill points btw.. it also levels your Soul Magic skill line.. so if you want to use one of those skills, you have to do the quest.. which is fine imho.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All we need now is a way to skip the "Vision of the Companions" if you've already seen it (the middle of the Level 5 Harborage quest), and the "Council of the Five" dialogue (the Level 45 Harborage quest), and things will be all good.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure, but if you mean to skip the main quest in order to get to the silver and gold zones, then with the comming DLC in March, there will be a possibility to go to every zones after you reach VR1, so no Cadwell`s silver or gold needed anymore
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    I am not sure, but if you mean to skip the main quest in order to get to the silver and gold zones, then with the comming DLC in March, there will be a possibility to go to every zones after you reach VR1, so no Cadwell`s silver or gold needed anymore

Hence my post further up http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2619069/#Comment_2619069
  • VShane
    VShane
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Farorin wrote: »
    I would be cool with this, so long as we got the skill points for it. XP would be nice too, but the only thing I would be worried about would be losing skill points.
    Why would you be able to get the XP and skill points if you haven't put in the effort to get them? I think OP's idea could work, but only if you get no rewards at all from anything you've skipped, otherwise you're getting something for nothing.
    (Completing it on another character doesn't count - you shouldn't get rewarded on Character B just because Character A has done something, as that's getting double reward for single effort.)

Maybe just a lengthy multiple choice Tamriel history test, then get the number of Skill pts based on your score.