Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Allow us to skip it IF it has been done on at least 1 character on the account

• PsychoKRATOS1
    PsychoKRATOS1
    ✭✭
    Well you aren't forced to. You can still do craglorn and cyrodiil.
    Any n every game that has a levelling system is going to be a grind of sorts.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True.. but most games don't lock 2/3 of the grind spots behind a mandatory quest sequence :smile:
  • PsychoKRATOS1
    PsychoKRATOS1
    ✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »

True.. but most games don't lock 2/3 of the grind spots behind a mandatory quest sequence :smile:

I wouldn't say 2/3rds maybe a third. Since you can grind to vr5 quite happily in cold harbour as you said in a previous post.
    Then you have cyrodiil and craglorn. You do it in a group and you're pretty close to maxing within 2 weeks. Just rotate public dungeons and cyrodiil quests with a bit of pvp on the side.

I mean making it so you can skip content to get to better content defeats the purpose of the game. And how the devs want you to progress through areas. Can't get to B without A being done. Linear progression. I've gotten a few characters to VR14 by just grinding quests in cyrodiil and mobs, mobs apparently will offer 0 xp after a certain amount of kills come next patch so... looks like you'd be wishing for those quests if the option to skip was there.
    Edited by PsychoKRATOS1 on August 17, 2015 4:44PM
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just rotate public dungeons and cyrodiil quests with a bit of pvp on the side.

Why would you do public dungeons? It's the worst XP in the game, not even 1.7 will change that because 100% more of nothing is still nothing.

1.7 I'll probably just do PvP and cyrodiil delves.. no chance in hell I'm going to do Cadwell's Silver a second time. So not much options left. Always hated questing, ESO was a bit better than most MMOs in that aspect, but after getting one character to VR14 via questing. I can't stand to do another quest for the next 10 years :smile:
  • PsychoKRATOS1
    PsychoKRATOS1
    ✭✭

Why would you do public dungeons? It's the worst XP in the game, not even 1.7 will change that because 100% more of nothing is still nothing.

1.7 I'll probably just do PvP and cyrodiil delves.. no chance in hell I'm going to do Cadwell's Silver a second time. So not much options left. Always hated questing, ESO was a bit better than most MMOs in that aspect, but after getting one character to VR14 via questing. I can't stand to do another quest for the next 10 years :smile:

Well grinding is going to get a hard uncomfortable screw against the wall. And xp reqs are being lowered. Quests pd's and pvp gonna be your only options.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well grinding is going to get a hard uncomfortable screw against the wall. And xp reqs are being lowered. Quests pd's and pvp gonna be your only options.

BTW where did you read that part about grinding getting the nerf bat treatment?! Didn't recall regarding anything like that in the PTS patch notes.
  • Reznique
    Reznique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doing the same stale quest 8+ times just kills..

Effort and other nonsense is not in any way, shape or form related to this. You skip wailing prison and get 3 skill points and level 3 instantly, so whats the problem here.

I am absolutely hating the fact that you have to quest in order to level your character efficiently. For me its just an MMO and the fact that its built around TES doesnt bother me at all.

I do not want to spend hours on doing main story quests and neither i want to do Cadwells silver in order to continue grinding, however ZOS thinks otherwise.
  • siryoshi17
    siryoshi17
    Soul Shriven
    One question
    I just started the game and am in Ebonheart on Stonefalls. I joined the Ebonheart Pact and want to go to Black Marsh as I always play as an Argonian and want to see what it looks like. Is it advised or not advised to go there at this time in the game?
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    siryoshi17 wrote: »
    One question
    I just started the game and am in Ebonheart on Stonefalls. I joined the Ebonheart Pact and want to go to Black Marsh as I always play as an Argonian and want to see what it looks like. Is it advised or not advised to go there at this time in the game?

Maybe that question deserves another topic, since it has nothing to do with this thread.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OLIVI3R wrote: »
    For me its just an MMO and the fact that its built around TES doesnt bother me at all.

I do not want to spend hours on doing main story quests and neither i want to do Cadwells silver in order to continue grinding, however ZOS thinks otherwise.

Same for me.. before ESO, I hadn't even played any TES games.. and don't plan on playing any single player TES games after this. I don't have any problems with people wanting to quest, just wished it wasn't forced on me to be able to see the entire game.

• Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want access to the best farm/grind spots you need to earn them.
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    The system would have to scan every quest on every character you have to check if you have completed it so it knows whether to offer the skip? Seems like it would be much easier at that point to just add a skip button to every quest so the game doesn't have to use any extra resources. At that point though, why would you need a skip button? You can just not take the quest and move on.

The only real upside here would be if you can keep the xp and quest rewards after skipping the quest. That then leaves you with being able to make an alt and run through the game skipping all the quests to max out a character. If this is done the way the OP suggests, then after you level up one character you essentially would automatically get 7 more maxed out characters? This makes absolutely no sense to me. It sounds like a way to just get a bunch of fully levelled up toons without having to play through additional content after you have levelled up one character. If this was a single player RPG I could see using console commands for this but its an MMO. Then need to keep making money and players levelling up alts keeps them in the game considering crown store purchases and subs. I can't see this ever happening.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surragard wrote: »
    The system would have to scan every quest on every character you have to check if you have completed it so it knows whether to offer the skip?
    It wouldn't really, it just needs to check one thing: whether the Coldharbour Ash Black dye is unlocked.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The system would have to scan every quest on every character you have to check if you have completed it so it knows whether to offer the skip? Seems like it would be much easier at that point to just add a skip button to every quest so the game doesn't have to use any extra resources. At that point though, why would you need a skip button? You can just not take the quest and move on.

The only real upside here would be if you can keep the xp and quest rewards after skipping the quest. That then leaves you with being able to make an alt and run through the game skipping all the quests to max out a character. If this is done the way the OP suggests, then after you level up one character you essentially would automatically get 7 more maxed out characters? This makes absolutely no sense to me. It sounds like a way to just get a bunch of fully levelled up toons without having to play through additional content after you have levelled up one character. If this was a single player RPG I could see using console commands for this but its an MMO. Then need to keep making money and players levelling up alts keeps them in the game considering crown store purchases and subs. I can't see this ever happening.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or really didn't get it.
  • thunderwell
    thunderwell
    ✭✭✭
    If I forfeit the gold, items and XP, and keep the skill points and soul magic progression, I'll skip main quests that I've already completed.
    But that's imo.
    NA, PC Megaserver
    Zhaani, Female Khajiit, Nightblade, AD (current main)
    (Unless otherwise put in my sig, all characters are below level 50)
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Docmandu Not trolling I actually didn't get it but your comment made me go back and reread. Failed to realize you were limiting this to the main quest and I thought you wanted this option for every quest in the game.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Docmandu Not trolling I actually didn't get it but your comment made me go back and reread. Failed to realize you were limiting this to the main quest and I thought you wanted this option for every quest in the game.

Lol.. that would be quite silly.. nah just wish I could get to the Silver/Gold zones on alts without being forced to do certain prereq quests again (ie. main quest and the entire cadwell's silver chain). Not expecting to get the rewards of those quests if I don't do them on the alts, just the access to the zones. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • SedoUmbra
    SedoUmbra
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Compromise: Let us skip all the hour long speeches from the prophet. Listening to them the 5th time right now. Can speak them along by heart. Best use of the time: Bio break.

That's what I like about ESO. There are 3 factions so 4 different oceans of quests (except the main). In Skyrim I could say the intro and all the main quest dialogue upto climbing the steps to High Hrothgar by heart.
  • twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    unfortunately this will never happen.

These guys clearly didn't think it through...or just expected us to play one character.

bad game design is bad
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you skip it you should get nothing for it...

Why?

Because you didn't do it.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CapnPhoton wrote: »
    If you skip it you should get nothing for it...

Why?

Because you didn't do it.

I agree, but give us the option to skip! That's what this post is about.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used to be against this idea.

Then I encountered the Light from the Darkness quest bug that flat out stopped my latest alt from progressing on the main quest in Coldharbor.

Now I am not against this idea.

Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Helluh
    Helluh
    But still find it a shame that one is FORCED to do main quest and cadwell quests. The game has 1000+ quests and you are FORCED to do those 50-70 quests on ALL your characters. Just doesn't make sense.

^^ That exactly. I've met so many people who refuse to make alts or play through the game again because they have no CHOICE and are forced into doing the exact same quests over and over.
    Ebonheart Pact Underlanders
    V16 Nightblade-Helluh
  • LyonheartCo

There are a few public dungons that are good due to fast spawning mobs and being able to pull large groups of them. I leveled a few toons to 50 using them in a few days ( 2-3 days max, a few hours each day ) ( after 50 I go to Cyro deleves )
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Separate char separate story
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akrasjel wrote: »
    Separate char separate story

Except that it's the exact same story for all your characters... this isn't SWTOR where you have separate story lines..

Anyway grinding in Wrothgar is now an option, so at least it alleviates the problem a bit of not having any level appropriate zones unless boring yourself to death with the main quest line again and again.
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a "fall asleep" function to skip boring speeches.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working on a new alt.. VR3.. dread having to do this crap yet again... will be able to grind to VR5 in Cold Harbour, but then I'll have to decide.. grind in IC or try Wrothgar... silver has a decent spot to get you to VR10, but damn that main quest crap.. not going through that for the 4th time!

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On 3rd alt.. VR5... guess I can't post pone doing this crap yet again... WTB silver/gold access via Crown Store!

I swear.. that prophet has more and more to say and walks slower and slower each time you do this..

• xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB crown store meteor for my sorc plz, this is my 5th v16 and do not want to spend another 10 hours mindlessly grinding that i could be pvp'ing
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta