Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Allow us to skip it IF it has been done on at least 1 character on the account

Docmandu
Docmandu
✭✭✭✭✭
Pretty please, with sugar on top!

I'll gladly skip getting the skill points, gold and XP if this was an option.

"You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe." -- Please let me take the blue pill !
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you'd skip the skill points, gold, and XP, would you also forfeit all abilities from the Soul Magic skill line?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be cool with this, so long as we got the skill points for it. XP would be nice too, but the only thing I would be worried about would be losing skill points.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    If you'd skip the skill points, gold, and XP, would you also forfeit all abilities from the Soul Magic skill line?

Yes.. gladly skip that too.. I'll use Meteor / Dawnbreaker like 95% of the population.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farorin wrote: »
    I would be cool with this, so long as we got the skill points for it. XP would be nice too, but the only thing I would be worried about would be losing skill points.
    Why would you be able to get the XP and skill points if you haven't put in the effort to get them? I think OP's idea could work, but only if you get no rewards at all from anything you've skipped, otherwise you're getting something for nothing.
    (Completing it on another character doesn't count - you shouldn't get rewarded on Character B just because Character A has done something, as that's getting double reward for single effort.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »

Yes.. gladly skip that too.. I'll use Meteor / Dawnbreaker like 95% of the population.

Thats only two ultimates. The soulmagic skillline has 1 ultimate, 1 skill and 3 passives. the skill and one of the passives are the only way to fill an empty soulgem. So the question is if you would be ok for not having the abillity to fill empty soulgems? or access to the other passives and the ultimate forever (so with the need to reroll if you decide differently later on)?
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Compromise: Let us skip all the hour long speeches from the prophet. Listening to them the 5th time right now. Can speak them along by heart. Best use of the time: Bio break.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Compromise: Let us skip all the hour long speeches from the prophet. Listening to them the 5th time right now. Can speak them along by heart. Best use of the time: Bio break.
    I would have no issue at all with skip options for the Vision of the Companions and Council of the Five. You can even keep the rewards for those, as you are getting rewarded for doing nothing.
    Ranique wrote: »
    Thats only two ultimates. The soulmagic skillline has 1 ultimate, 1 skill and 3 passives. the skill and one of the passives are the only way to fill an empty soulgem. So the question is if you would be ok for not having the abillity to fill empty soulgems? or access to the other passives and the ultimate forever (so with the need to reroll if you decide differently later on)?
    You get the base Soul Trap skill just for starting the game, so you could reasonably keep that one. You'd have to forfeit the passives and the ultimates though.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it wasn't clear yet... yeah gladly go without all of that. I get filled gems in PvP rewards anyway and even if I didn't, I'd be able to buy them from other players or via the Crown Store..
    The passives are something you can do without (don't think I've even got them specced on my VR14), so fine not getting those either.

Just want Cadwell Silver/Gold zone access without being FORCED to do the main story quest more than once.

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, I wouldn't ask for any skill points, levels, XP, achievements, or any other "progress" be awarded to a new toon, I just want full map access and the ability to skip through the lengthy speeches and scene watching parts of quests if we've done it before.

Then we would have the option of completing the main quest, and/or faction storylines if we want, or could just grind and collect skyshards in the open world if that's our preference.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno make it happen! Pls!
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    I would have no issue at all with skip options for the Vision of the Companions and Council of the Five. You can even keep the rewards for those, as you are getting rewarded for doing nothing.
    You get the base Soul Trap skill just for starting the game, so you could reasonably keep that one. You'd have to forfeit the passives and the ultimates though.

The first one is unlocked cause you did the tutorial. If you skip it you still get the rewards. If you skip the entire story, you should not get that one either.

My main point is that you cripple yourself significant and I don't think that allowing to skip just the main story change a lot for the experience.

The exceptions being the tutorial, the level 5 one and the level 40 one (just bla-bla).

I also think it would be better if the requirement for veteran rank zones and cadwells silver/gold would change. by getting god of schemes out of that, and giving that after the final assault they make the main quest fully optional (solving the OP's request). It also makes sure that the molag bal fight can be made more epic as it should be.

PC player - EU
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe." -- Please let me take the blue pill !

Congratulations. You are now VR16, with no skill points, no morphed skills, no leveled up skills, and no attributes to earn. Congrats, you are now a VR16 windbag that dies when breathed on. Enjoyed that blue pill, did you?

Your "friend" the Architect
    Edited by Darlgon on August 7, 2015 4:20PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

Congratulations. You are now VR16, with no skill points, no morphed skills, no leveled up skills, and no attributes to earn. Congrats, you are now a VR16 windbag that dies when breathed on. Enjoyed that blue pill, did you?

Didn't know all 300+ skill points and all XP in the game came from that one quest... must have missed something the first and second time.. granted was probably half asleep and drugged while doing it (not on blue pills.. that would become painful after a while), only way to drag myself through it.

Weird that I got my templar through BWB, Alliance Rank 14-ish and VR6 without main quest.. pretty sure I have a couple of skill pts and morphs on it aswell.
    Edited by Docmandu on August 7, 2015 5:05PM
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't know all 300+ skill points and all XP in the game came from that one quest... must have missed something the first and second time.. granted was probably half asleep and drugged while doing it (not on blue pills.. that would become painful after a while), only way to drag myself through it.

Weird that I got my templar through BWB, Alliance Rank 14-ish and VR6 without main quest.. pretty sure I have a couple of skill pts and morphs on it aswell.

What one quest? You didnt say anything about your having skipped quests first time around. You said "if I have done it". I have done every quest in game except some in Crag or Cyrodiil, most more than once. As have a lot of other players. Sounded like that was your complaint.
    Edited by Darlgon on August 7, 2015 5:07PM
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What one quest? You didnt say anything about your having skipped quests first time around. You said "if I have done it". I have done every quest in game except some in Crag or Cyrodiil, most more than once. As have a lot of other players. Sounded like that was your complaint.

Might be me.. but.. other people in this post got it.. so.. must be you then :)
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Might be me.. but.. other people in this post got it.. so.. must be you then :)

Funny, how, when I hit the "recent" posts quest tracker, it goes into all topics and discussions that are recent. I never know what subheading its in. Your header is why its misleading. It doesnt mention that its in the main quest section.
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. It is bad enough that you can skip the tutorial already
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malediktus wrote: »

Ah yes because running a tutorial 8 times really makes you a better player! /sarcasm

I guess you're also against editing the UserSetting.ini to set the SkipPregameVideos parameter, right?

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭

Ah yes because running a tutorial 8 times really makes you a better player! /sarcasm

I guess you're also against editing the UserSetting.ini to set the SkipPregameVideos parameter, right?

Can I give you some feedback.
    People have opinions. Respect them. You want to bring a point across and if you, in that process,, start insulting people who disagree it make you look very disrespectfull. Why should devs do something for someone who is treating others so badly?

Your point was much stronger without that personal attack. You could have much easier countered it by asking Malediktus for his motivations (which clearly are missing and making his argument and opinion very weak to start with). If he then doesn't give a good argumentation , he actually looses his point. If he does you got a base to discuss it based on those arguments.

bottom line. The personal attack just leads to weaken your point. As his opinion isnt strong anyways. just point out out that weakness by asking for improvement.

PC player - EU
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭

It does not neccessarily make you a better player but you are skipping an important part of your character's story. You also get the achievement, skyshard and skillpoint for skipping it, which makes no sense.
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why would you want to skip the main quest? If you like doing pvp or group pve and have the feeling that you don't need more skill points, just go ahead and do whatever you like. There is no need to do / skip the main quest in that case.
    If you need skill points or like solo pve, then doing the main quest shouldn't be a problem for you.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you want to skip the main quest? If you like doing pvp or group pve and have the feeling that you don't need more skill points, just go ahead and do whatever you like. There is no need to do / skip the main quest in that case.
    If you need skill points or like solo pve, then doing the main quest shouldn't be a problem for you.

That would be all fine, IF PvP XP was on par with just grinding out the levels. Level 10-50 is no problem if it takes ages, since everybody is on the same power level there, but once you hit VR1 you become cannon fodder, which is hardly "fun" PvP, hence the need to advance to a more decent VR level in an acceptable time.

That last part currently means doing some grinding. Which goes fine until you hit the brick wall at VR6 due to mobs of level 50 not giving full XP anymore at VR6 and the only way to get to VR1-VR10 zones/mobs is doing that dreadful boring main quest, which I've already done a couple of times on other characters. At this point, there is NO fun at all in that part and it is being FORCED on you if you want VR1-VR10 zone access.

Not really fits with their Play the way you like to play imho.

Again, I'm fine with having to do it at least once on an account.. but requiring it multiple times on the same account is quite tedious and repetitive.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    start insulting people

If you take that as insulting people, I suggest you stay off the internet.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does not neccessarily make you a better player but you are skipping an important part of your character's story. You also get the achievement, skyshard and skillpoint for skipping it, which makes no sense.

Point was that you have the option to skip it on 2nd-8th play through on an account and NOT get the achievement, skillpoint, skill line, .. since you didn't do it. It would give people with alts the option to skip it and do it at a later time if they feel the need to get the achievement/skill points, Soul Assault, .. etc.

Basically the same like you can skip some of the quests in a zone and still advance.. and if at a later time you want to complete them all for zone completion achievement etc, you can.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unlocks - account - wide <- YES Please!
    i agree that we should have everything we do unlocked on ALL characters if one character does something then ALL characters should also have it unlocked.

EDIT:
    just make it start after 50 for balance reasons:
    should not have a level 12 with all those unlocks and all those champion points, thats not balance.
    make it start once your other character hits level 50
    Edited by Gilvoth on August 9, 2015 3:55PM
  • BeanBagGamer
    BeanBagGamer
    ✭✭
    Terrible Idea
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [
    Terrible Idea

Insightful
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    start insulting people

If you take that as insulting people, I suggest you stay off the internet.

I know trolls exist on the internet. That doesn't mean I find that normal and I will fight them. Just the fact that this is internet doesn't mean it is an excuse to be insulting!

I explained how it harms your point. use the feedback in any way you want, but you had my support, and lost it now!

PC player - EU
  • PsychoKRATOS1
    PsychoKRATOS1
    ✭✭
    Grind to level 50 (mob slaughtering and cyrodiil) and do the main quest @ vr ranks. Makes the main story rewards worthwhile. Since the quests seem to level with you. Not like the masses of sp you get from skyshards would mean not getting the sp rewards from the quests would hinder you. Then once it's time to main quest. Happy days :D of course I only suggest the above if you've already done the whole game.

You get 29 skill points from skyshards in your alliance area.
    16 X 5 = 80 + 1 = 81/3 = 27 + the two you get from the tutorial areas. Yay. And well. .. If your alliance is dominant in cyrodiil that's another. . 15? Skill points before cadwells silver/gold.

I don't like skipping the tût. Simply because I get to lv 6 maybe 7 if I'm a masochist. Get a nice invent of nooby items that help with initial leveling past 6/7 and I'm stronger than someone who has skipped. Also the time I take to do the tut gives me an idea of how the character will play like.
    Edited by PsychoKRATOS1 on August 17, 2015 2:46PM
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I usually do 3-10 grind some mobs, 10-VR1 PvP in BWB, then it's a long grind to get some decent VR to be able to PvP again without being cannon fodder.

VR1-VR5 is quite doable in Cold Harbour, but then you hit a brick wall XP-wise and need to get that main quest over an done with. From there get some skyshards, PvP some (quite hard as low VR) and grind in Reaper's March (for DC).
    At VR10 now, which means even Reaper's March doesn't give decent XP anymore.. so either do 20+ cadwell quests to get to gold.. or grind it out in Cyrodiil.

Can't stomach doing anymore quests at this point.

Hopefully 1.7 with the battle levelling for low VR's will help to not needing to be max VR to be able to compete in PvP.

But still find it a shame that one is FORCED to do main quest and cadwell quests. The game has 1000+ quests and you are FORCED to do those 50-70 quests on ALL your characters. Just doesn't make sense.
    Edited by Docmandu on August 17, 2015 3:42PM