Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FOUND CAUSE FOR EXCESSIVE CRASHING MUST READ

WynonaStealth
WynonaStealth
✭✭
I've been having the crashing bug right after logging in to the game it will crash 30 seconds later. Well, I belive I found the cause and a work around for this.
THE CAUSE: it has SOMETHING to do with either the crafting station or the area around it( maybe within interact able range) mine personally in the clothing shop in orsinium just outside the bank. If I log my toon out while inside, when trying to log in, I will crash 30 seconds later 95% of the time. I'm not exaggerating either!

THE WORKAROUND: hurry and log into your toon as fast as possible(I think the crash timer starts as soon as you open the game though I could be wrong about that detail) as SOON AS you are logged in to your toon, hurry and ways time out of there, outside of Orsinium if you can.

So to summarize, this bug involves crafting stations or the vecinity around them IN Wrothgar.
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may be true. The game has only crashed a few times for me since launch, but every time it was around the wood crafting station in Reapers march.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    It has to do with any building in Wrothgar. Once my character crashes it take multiple attempts to get out. Mine usually crashes before I can take one step. It took me over 20 minutes to get out of a building a day or two ago. It is not limited to any one thing trust me.

My work around is loading another character then reloading the glitched one. The best work around is just not doing anything in Wrothgar.
    Edited by Darsaga on December 23, 2015 11:30AM
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally just was happening to me at the clothing station in orsinium. Crashed 3 times in a row, twice inside the clothing shop and once as soon as I went outside.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darsaga wrote: »
    It has to do with any building....

i bet this is whats happening in cryodiil also
    building or structures that can be torn down or rebuilt ...
    good thinking, you may have just solved lagg for us. maybe :)
    i think is worth having a dev look into it.
    Edited by Gilvoth on December 31, 2015 2:26AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also try this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2557071/#Comment_2557071

Go to 'my documents' / elderscrollsonline / live / user settings.
    Find a line that reads SET GraphicsDriver.7 - and try changing the setting to 'D3D11', save, exit, launch game
    Edited by Gilvoth on December 31, 2015 2:29AM
  • DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I'm lucky I don't have crashing in Wrothgar, but I do have microstuttering and another that seems like fps drops, at least according to similar effects that I've experienced on some PC titles that I was testing fps on.
    Edited by DragonSamurai360 on December 31, 2015 4:29AM
  • MiBlueEagle
    MiBlueEagle
    ✭✭
    It is definitely the clothing shop in wrothgar. That is the only time I ever have any issues with the game crashing. I'm currently on my 8th reboot trying to get out of the shop before crashing.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hmm, we'll check out the clothier station in Wrothgar and see if you all are onto something. Thanks for the tip!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm the same for myself on Xbox. Also watched a buddy of mine get stuck trying to dye his armor at the Orsinium station, took him 5-10 attempts to leave the building due to crashes within 10-15 seconds. However as soon as he was able to get outside the building the crashes immediately stopped.
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Can also confirm. Took me over an hour of constant crashing and reload to get out of Orsinium city itself so I could wayshrine out. As in the city even opening the map crashes you.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Could you guys try completely rebooting your system and see if that helps the issue? Make sure it's completely off, and not just in sleep mode.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol.. The old "Did you turn it off and back on" fix.. priceless
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! The Clothing Station in Orsinium ALWAYS leads to a crash for me. When I log back in and its in the clothing station, it just immediately crashes again. It can take me five or six times to reload, and exit that door as quickly as possible. Needless to say, I don't do crafting in Orsinium anymore. Additionally, it crashes fairly often when I am "delivering the goods" from crafting writs in Orsinium.

WELCOME TO CRASHSINIUM!
    N64 NA EP
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleep724 wrote: »
    Literally just was happening to me at the clothing station in orsinium. Crashed 3 times in a row, twice inside the clothing shop and once as soon as I went outside.

My game regularly crashes in this location as well. Xbox 1 NA.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Kwivur wrote: »

Call it what you will, but leaving the system on 24/7 has been known to cause issues. We just want to see if this is somehow related.

Also, for those crashing, do you find you only crash during peak times with a lot of players around, or do you have the same issue when the zone is fairly quiet?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭

Call it what you will, but leaving the system on 24/7 has been known to cause issues. We just want to see if this is somehow related.

Also, for those crashing, do you find you only crash during peak times with a lot of players around, or do you have the same issue when the zone is fairly quiet?

I have the issue during both time periods.. Although Orsinium is a nightmare during peak times. I also ALWAYS get a loading screen when I cross that central bridge, north of the Wayshrine.
    N64 NA EP
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so trying the unplug it and plug it back in!

I crash randomly walking down the street in Orsinium. And of course every 5 minutes in Azura. ..

But at least the long load screen is fixed, so I can log back in within a few minutes as opposed to 10 minutes.
    Edited by myrrrorb14_ESO on January 7, 2016 4:29PM
  • Futura
    Futura
    Soul Shriven
    I crash and lag out every 5-8 minutes. I have tested my internet and the Xbox connectivity it says its all great. Any thoughts on why i get disconnected so often? it just started happening this weekend. 1/8
  • Malsidius
    Malsidius
    ✭✭✭
    I'm literally trying to get out of Wrothgar, but my game crashes too fast. I've already turned my XBONE off n' on, and it still crashes.
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭

I can promise this is not related to a system being on too long. I had 5 max level characters doing writs and rider training in Wrothgar everyday until I could not handle the crashes anymore. I can also promise it is not related to any one building. I can also tell you with this many characters and play time I tested many methods to stop the crashes. The only two things that seemed to fix it were getting lucky and making it out before it crashed, or loading a different character and then loading the one that kept crashing.

Also if you want to add insult to injury sometimes just loading a character that logged out in Wrothgar the game would crash to the dashboard while loading. So I started traveling somewhere else to just log out. Made the entire DLC a nightmare for me so I just stopped playing it.
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    Also a note to everyone hopping on a fast mount or using any major expedition buff to move quickly through the town while the rendering of the area is happening can cause a crash or a second loading screen. If I do find myself in the area to help a friend I wait until all the buildings have fully textured and such before I move.

Another very common issue I have found this to help is Elden Root which I think suffers from the same bug.
  • xxtestamentxx
    xxtestamentxx
    Soul Shriven
    I had the same exact thing happen to me last night. I went into the clothier shop in Orsinium and my game CRASHed back to the xbox home screen. Log back in, CRASH. Completely powered down my xbox (held power button until it shut off) once I logged back in...CRASH. Decided I had enough and logged back in and quickly teleported to the nearest wayshrine. What happened you may ask? CRASH. Stay away from Orsinium for a couple of hours (even logged out for a few of those hours). Logged back in and thought why not, went to the clothier in Orsinium aaaaaand....? CRASH. Remembering what I learned earlier in the day I teleported to someone in my party. What happen? CRASH but this time I got the added bonus of have maximum noise pumped into my ear holes in the range of having a band of crickets take some speed with a redbull chaser.
    Xbox1 NA
    GT: xTestamenTx
    Main: Dark Elf Templar DPS
  • ExemplaryVisions
    Same thing is happening to me right now and it started last night. I've done the hard reboot and I re-installed the game. It's the Clothier Shop in Orsinium. I'm going to try to get out of Orsinium, which I'm sure will have me dealing with a lot of crashes. I guess I won't be touching that DLC after I get out.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In ZOS's defense, if you just have the XBOX on hibernate or whatever it is when you power down (so it loads on faster) it causes a whole bunch of issues with other things too. Not just ESO.
  • fullspektrum
    fullspektrum
    Soul Shriven
    Confirmed that the dye shop in wrothgar/orsinium is crashing my character if I try to dye my armor. Left the dye shop ran to a wayshrine and crashed again. Did it 5 times in a row on Xbox1. I don't leave my Xbox on, hard rebooting doesn't fix it.

If you pay for something it should work. That's what debugging and testing is for.
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happens often with me as well.
    It ain't easy being green.
  • facemanfacey
    facemanfacey
    ✭✭
    Just so you know it happens to me all the time at the clothing station in orsinium at all times of the day, whether busy or not. EU Xb1 Ep. Yesterday it happened 6 times in a row, as iwas just respawning inside the clothing crafting building...
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Yep happens xb1 eu server can also confirm
  • Kris_wbg
    Kris_wbg
    Literally going through the exact same thing as we speak. All started at orsinium clothing station.
  • DarkJaggered

As far as i can tell it hass nothing to do with this but it has to due with the city of Orsinium. it doesnt matter if i am by the crafting stations, the waypoint, or the writ drop off spot i have had it drop me all the way out to the xbox dashboard. the weird part is is that i was just in the area on a completely different character with no problem but then crash 5 times in a row on the one i just logged into. Its the city itself thats causing the problem cause i can run outside of it and never crash.