The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FOUND CAUSE FOR EXCESSIVE CRASHING MUST READ

• Eocosa
    Eocosa
    ✭✭✭
    I have also been having this problem happen REALLY badly lately (crashed 5 times within nearly as many minutes). I completely unplugged my system and went out for a few hours. Plugged it back in and once more it is crashing (the first time logged in).

It seems the worst for me by te dye station and the crafting station in Wrothgar, but it also happened while crafting food in the inn as well.
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭
    Kwivur wrote: »
    lol.. The old "Did you turn it off and back on" fix.. priceless

Call it what you will, but leaving the system on 24/7 has been known to cause issues. We just want to see if this is somehow related.

Also, for those crashing, do you find you only crash during peak times with a lot of players around, or do you have the same issue when the zone is fairly quiet?

As a long term email junkie with tech support, and over 3000 hours on XBox so far...

The hard reset is the only answer...but doesn't always work Gina.
    I have two characters and I need to hard set just to change characters or my Wrothgar issues persist on every occassion.

Also Gina, I'm in Australia, on EU, and my crashes occur with no regard to server occupation rates, as I am often the only SOB anywhere I may be in the game...Wrothgar, Cyro, or elsewhere.

The Wrothgar issues are ALWAYS at the writ board, cloth crafting station, or writ drop boxes, no where else.

Yes I have tickets regarding this but was told "It's a known issue and we are working on a fix" about 4 weeks ago.
    I can dig up ticket numbers if required.

If any of that helps anyone.
    II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm...never had any issues at the clothing station in Wrothgar, but then, I never logout from that location. For me, it's usually the bank, as that's where I always leave a character who happens to be in Orsinium.

So, I'm thinking that maybe it isn't necessarily the clothing station, per se, but rather a larger issue with Orsinium. Perhaps it's just that more people logout from that location (presumably a crafting alt?).

It took me four log-ins one time to get from the entrance to the bank to the banker. But, that was not on a log-in. Also, as someone else mentioned, I wait for everything in the area to load before I move anywhere in town, especially before crossing the bridge before the Mage's Guild. (And, as someone else mentioned, I also do this in Elden Root, as I leave several characters there in the banking/crafting area. It's the only other location in the game where my game consistently crashes. Too many veteran players with nothing better to do than spam their spells and shoot fireballs from their staves.)

It had gotten better for me for a while, but after the recent patch, I've started having issues again. The game sometimes doesn't load the textures properly, and I load in to a neon pink/purple world. The only fix for that is to book it to the wayshrine and zone to another area (hopefully before it crashes), as reloading doesn't fix that issue for me.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashing daily and my system isn't set for standby mode (meaning it shuts all the way down) but performed a hard reset and....still crashes daily or freezes on load screens in Orsinium

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • RabNebula
    RabNebula
    ✭✭✭

Amazing how many times it actually works though.
  • mistermutiny89
    mistermutiny89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swindy wrote: »

Call it what you will, but leaving the system on 24/7 has been known to cause issues. We just want to see if this is somehow related.

Also, for those crashing, do you find you only crash during peak times with a lot of players around, or do you have the same issue when the zone is fairly quiet?

As a long term email junkie with tech support, and over 3000 hours on XBox so far...

The hard reset is the only answer...but doesn't always work Gina.
    I have two characters and I need to hard set just to change characters or my Wrothgar issues persist on every occassion.

Also Gina, I'm in Australia, on EU, and my crashes occur with no regard to server occupation rates, as I am often the only SOB anywhere I may be in the game...Wrothgar, Cyro, or elsewhere.

The Wrothgar issues are ALWAYS at the writ board, cloth crafting station, or writ drop boxes, no where else.

Yes I have tickets regarding this but was told "It's a known issue and we are working on a fix" about 4 weeks ago.
    I can dig up ticket numbers if required.

If any of that helps anyone.

Aussie player on Xbox EU here too with 6 master crafters needing to log into Wrothgar at least once a day per character is absolute hell and that's whilst logging into near empty maps.

Best work around is to make sure that each character leaves Wrothgar before logging off. Even then approaching doors or crafting tables is iffy. Wrothgar still crashes at least three times a day.

Turning your console off and on or checking your internet doesn't fix this, it's Wrothgar specifically. You all know this at Zenimax but refuse to see when you're in the wrong. Some of us may have the subscription and pay for your dlcs but my mates that play casually have been informed not to buy any of your dlcs as they are prone to crashing.

The longer you leave it broken, the less money you make. Simple.

Guild Leader : Defenders Of Miley
    XB1 EU
    EP | VR16 Breton NB -mistermutiny
    AD | VR16 Dunmer DK - Grigori
    AD | VR16 Altmer Sorcerer - Isvoleet
    AD | VR16 Imperial DK - Leonidas
    AD | VR16 Bosmer NB - Hood
    AD | VR16 Breton Templar - Dante
    AD | VR16 Redguard Sorcerer - Raiden
    AD | VR7 Khajiit Templar - Ike'ilyew
    DC | 160 Breton NB - Vergil

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar
  • facemanfacey
    facemanfacey
    ✭✭

It's still happening... Not as frequent, but still there.