Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[FIXED :)] crashing in orsinium constantly every 5 minutes, and sometimes less

Gilvoth
Gilvoth
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
i crash constantly in Orsinium and sometimes takes even less then 5 minutes, sometimes i crash immediately after logg into Orsinium.'
i have never had any problems like this before, so i know for a fact has nothing to do with my computer.
  • NerdyHayseed
    NerdyHayseed
    ✭✭
    Same here. I've reported this and other crash issues multiple times on tickets. Got ZERO help from support... just a 'we're to busy to help you, you're on your own' canned response. If everyone's getting that response, who are they helping that 's keeping them so busy???

EXTREMELY frustrated.
  • NerdyHayseed
    NerdyHayseed
    ✭✭
    Mine actually crashes in seconds... but only the character in Orsinium. I had to repair the game last time to get him out. Like an idiot I thought it was fixed and went back to Orsinium today. Same thing; except now repairing the game doesn't fix anything. I've disabled all addons, am running as admin, running in compatibility mode, video driver updated... blah, blah, blah. .. no help. And no response from Support.
  • Ganacampo
    Ganacampo
    ✭✭✭
    The same for me.

This is only happening in Wrothgar, especially in Orsinium itself.

I just tried to play Orsinium again, first crash after 1 minute, second crash after 4 minutes, third crash after 2 minutes.
    Now I gave it up. :/

If it will be like this with every new zone it won't make any sense to buy a dlc within the first month after release, which is a pitty.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have never used nor installed an add-on ever in elderscrolls online. never.
    i know for a fact this is not my PC causing this.
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mates, just a thought, but its absolute shot in the dark.

Try lowering your graphics to absolute minimum and never mind how good your comp is. I remember something similar after the infamous lightning patch - it got contained (not fixed mind you) but in the meantime perhaps that will help. If it does turn on more options bit by bit.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    allready done that, been there allready. at lowest settings right now.
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well then my hypothesis goes to trashcan. sorry people.
  • NerdyHayseed
    NerdyHayseed
    ✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »

well then my hypothesis goes to trashcan. sorry people.

No worries. Thanks for the input... it's more than I've gotten from ZOS at this point :^
  • Anxileel
    Anxileel
    ✭✭✭

Try lowering your graphics to absolute minimum and never mind how good your comp is. I remember something similar after the infamous lightning patch - it got contained (not fixed mind you) but in the meantime perhaps that will help. If it does turn on more options bit by bit.

I used that method with the IC DLC and it worked but my only issue right now is the Long Loading Screens which is caused by this Patch. Going to have to wait it out until the servers are more stable for a bearable loading screen.
    The Argonians shall rise and the CHEESE will be endless.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys! We have a few crash fixes going into Monday's incremental PC patch, one of which is specific to Orsinium. This should clear up the crashes you're describing.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anxileel wrote: »

I used that method with the IC DLC and it worked but my only issue right now is the Long Loading Screens which is caused by this Patch. Going to have to wait it out until the servers are more stable for a bearable loading screen.

I had over month break and returned after IC - i noticed that loading takes much more time, got fed up with it. Thought ill give it another try after orsinium. Nope.

I honestly just jump to the forums right now to see whats going on, in vague hope of some good news. Well there are other fishes in the sea i guess.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys! We have a few crash fixes going into Monday's incremental PC patch, one of which is specific to Orsinium. This should clear up the crashes you're describing.

your awesome, and thank you :)
    Edited by Gilvoth on November 4, 2015 10:14PM
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I take it I am the only one who has not been able to log in today?

Not that anyone here is having much better luck...

Been getting error code 301:3:1:653:0 (unable to connect to server) consistently even though I was playing with no problems last night. And yes, I went thru all of their "troubleshooting" steps to no avail.

I know this is seemingly unrelated but a large number of technical issues occurring in a single day could be indicative of something going wrong on their end.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Hateanthem
    Hateanthem
    ✭✭✭✭

That's so awesome! Everyone who paid money gets to crash for only five more days! Gee golly I'm glad someone cares about the customers!

I wish everyone was so understanding at my work. If I told the companies I do business with that I would take care of them in a week after selling them a sub-standard product I would be fired. Guess usbgamers really are suckers for incompetence.
  • NerdyHayseed
    NerdyHayseed
    ✭✭

I hope so. I've enjoyed the game to this point.
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ooh, a patch incoming to fix things related to Orsinium. I hope it fixes my constant disconnetcs/logout
  • Penzoil3
    Penzoil3
    Soul Shriven
    I never had this issue until the patch came out. Now it's every 90 seconds to 2 minutes in Orsinium. I did a complete reinstall. Fixed it for 2 days. Then the system patched itself, and here we go again!
  • NerdyHayseed
    NerdyHayseed
    ✭✭
    Well... the "patch" didn't fix the crashing. I cannot log into my character in Orsinium..... AGAIN.
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this issue.
    Go to 'my documents' / elderscrollsonline / liveeu / user settings.
    Find a line that reads SET GraphicsDriver.7 - and try changing the setting to 'D3D11', save, exit, launch game
    "Forums are like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea.
    massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of
    mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it. ”

(with apologies to Eugene H. Spafford, aka Spaf)

I have the power to please one person per day. Today is not your day.
    Tomorrow... Tomorrow does not look good either.

82. Victory laps after killing the dragon with my 1d2 bow is considered in poor taste.
    83. My gnome does not like big butts and he cannot lie.
    84. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying a 220lb pull crossbow.
    85. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying an industrial strength flamethrower.
    86. Not allowed to make a superhero with a 99% chance of dodging even after the -10 penalty for a successful called shot.
    87. There is no such thing as a dwarven katana.
    88. My bard does not get a bonus to perform if she is obviously not wearing anything under her tabard.
    89. The elf's name is not Legolam.
    ** Mr Glenn's Forbidden activities list**

• heavy_artillery
    heavy_artillery
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot play in Wrothgar either, game crashes 5-6 minutes in EVERY TIME I try to play in that zone. Zenimax Tech Suppport told me I should try lowering my graphics settings like water effects etc :/
    @Bluenotebacker in-game, NA Server
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had crashes but they aren't just in Wrothgar. EX: I tried to log in to my character in Grahtwood and the game crashed twice--both ties badly enough that I had to restart my computer. But it's been sporadic; today and yesterday I'm crashing, but Tuesday I was able to run a Pledge. :/
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Maegi
    Maegi
    I had this issue.
    Find a line that reads SET GraphicsDriver.7 - and try changing the setting to 'D3D11', save, exit, launch game

This worked for me! Thank you. Seems like a simple fix, not sure why Zenimax couldn't implement this fix in a small patch. One number in a text file, no more crashes.
    Edited by Maegi on December 30, 2015 12:07PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this issue.

i did exactly as you said and i have not crashed not even once in the past 15 hrs!
    well done friend, i believe you fixed my problem, thank you :)
  • KevinMK
    KevinMK
    ✭✭
    I had this issue.

Thank you.
  • l.cockerell1968b16_ESO
    l.cockerell1968b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I had this issue.

I tried this, as I was crashing every 5 mins in Wrothgar (I don't crash anywhere else), unfortunately it didn't solve my problem. Thank you though for posting a possible solution.
  • Christanicus
    Christanicus
    Soul Shriven
    Not sure if I should be posting this here, but I am having problems with the game ever since I decided to play the DLC. Last night I managed to play Orsinium with zero problems. However, when I got on this morning my game crashed to the point that I had to do a hard reset for my Xbox. After that, it has repeatedly crashed to my dashboard before I can even get to the character selection menu.
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure if I should be posting this here, but I am having problems with the game ever since I decided to play the DLC. Last night I managed to play Orsinium with zero problems. However, when I got on this morning my game crashed to the point that I had to do a hard reset for my Xbox. After that, it has repeatedly crashed to my dashboard before I can even get to the character selection menu.

This is the PC help forum for a start, I suggest you posting your issue in a new thread over in the xbox help forum.