Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dragon Knight Chains - Fix "Get Over Here" - Still Broken 1 Year Later

• Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    here's a guy who talks about DK issues
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG8uAUG2Vu0
    ESO team should look in to this, not saying hes 100% right, but a lot of things are true, i take issue that when i morph my NB assassins blade in to killers blade it does magic damage, so i would need CP to both magic & Physical damage CP to increase its damage when most of my skills are Physical dam, DK has similar issues with some skills
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sugram22 wrote: »
    here's a guy who talks about DK issues
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG8uAUG2Vu0
    ESO team should look in to this, not saying hes 100% right, but a lot of things are true, i take issue that when i morph my NB assassins blade in to killers blade it does magic damage, so i would need CP to both magic & Physical damage CP to increase its damage when most of my skills are Physical dam, DK has similar issues with some skills

Thank you for the post. with a new PTS around the corner, maybe @ZOS_RichLambert or @Wrobel will finally do something about DK chains.

You broke the skill with patch 1.6, can you fix it yet after being reminded literally every quarter by multiple players and types of players since then?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert , I still use chain strats as chains is an amazing ability, but I also have back up strats for when chains frequently bugs.

For example in the room of vWGT were players encounter their first spider daedra, chains strats are great, but I usually have to fall back on stonefist strats because of the too high or too low bug. It is hilarious to call out "stonefist strats" to my group, but also very sad.

The skill also seems to work or not work depending on if it has worked or not worked within the past 5 seconds or so. Totally goofy, if you care about making the game better (as you said to have with the totally bizarre stamina regeneration while blocking nerf) and if you care whether or not people get frustrated again and again, then get DK Chains fixed.

By not getting the skill fixed you act immoral by causing others such great aggravation when it would mean nothing to you to have the skill fixed.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert , I originally made the parent post during august and the skill was broken before then.

If we just count from August, then the skill has been broken for 6 months. If we count just the daily pledges and assume that chains bugs out 2x per dungeon, and that is a conservative estimation, then players have experienced the chains bug 360 times each since the creation of this parent post.

That is only considering a single veteran dungeon completions per day, but if we add up instances of the skill failing in PVP, the open world, or even multiple run dungeons per day, then we are looking at each chains user having experienced this frustrating issue a cool thousand times, at least, since I made this post.

This is the long term health of the game that you cared so much about when shoving a nerfs down our throats which have obviously not had their intended effect (as most against the nerf predicted I may add). This is the long term health of the game @ZOS_RichLambert , and you should be embarrassed for letting this slide for so long. A cool thousand instances of frustration for chains users. @Wrobel , seemed to know during ESO Live that it wasn't fun for players to feel like they are using broken skills so why the development team has let this slide, especially with your stance of making the game healthy on the long term, is mysterious.

@ZOS_MattFiror the many issues such as this one, not only has the long term health of this game been damaged, but the Elder Scrolls brand has been damaged, your reputations as developers have been damaged. But Matt, perhaps you can divine the clandestine reasons as to why Rich and his team create such frustration and are missing opportunities to amend it.
    Don't tank

• Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    despite the flaws cause i have 1 DK in daggerfall & other1 in pact i changed the pact one in to magic build, not so much fun if both are stamina, hopefully they fix it, i would do 1 passive skill for all classes what converts u in to stamina class (at low lvl & it takes 1 point), so all skills are Psy damage, fire can be counted as Psy dam to, cause fire does dam to u Physically, there are different types of Spy dam fire & melee, but both fall in to Psy dam category if u take it realistically so converting it in to Psy damage when u become stamina user is quite realistic
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well they could make the pull push the player back down hard, if used from a high standpoint like in a fort, meaning on high ground the chains would pull them up to damage them then throw them back down so people would not exploit it, to bring people into keeps or safe areas. Then it would be fun to pull them up and fling them back down!
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 3, 2016 8:37PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like it's that time again to fix chains.

@ZOS_RichLambert , there was a joke on the April fools patch notes about us bringing down keep walls with chains. I appreciate the humor, but hope that such humor does not translate into a straw man argument on behalf of the development team.

Nobody wants to pull down keeps walls, but most people do feel that pulling enemies off of keeps was alot of fun. That being said, I am willing to take my lumps and never have that feature if you can all just fix the too high and too low bug.

I will take a moment to explain the bug just in case you all don't understand what is going on. This is the same bug that happens with charging attacks. When a player or enemy NPC is just of slight elevation difference, I am talking about a difference that seems like inches here and not the difference from the ground to the top of a keep wall, the chains ability fails to cast. It does nothing but waste time.

Additionally, after drinking a potion, this bug will be cured. For some reason the two things are related, but potion drinking allows chains to cast in the cases that it otherwise wouldn't (except in the cases that there is a huge elevation difference such as from the ground to the top of a keep wall).

Even more, people can currently chain themselves up on top of keep walls due to the new chain morph. People can chain others down from high up safe zones in Imperial City districts. This whole thing is an inconsistent mess.

The bug has been going on for a year now. I hate the bug. My teammates who realize what is happening when I experience the bug hate the bug. None of us DKs are trying to exploit chains. We don't give a damn if we can chain enemies off of keeps (though it would be more fun), but we want to be able to chain an enemy that has an elevation difference, compared to our position, of 2 inches.

Please, please, fix this bug.
    Don't tank

• zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to post in agreement. There is nothing more annoying than trying to pull adds in a dungeon together for the dps, only to find out that while I am on the same elevation as the adds, there is a pebble an inch off the ground between us, preventing me from pulling.

Since gap closers are getting the teleport treatment, perhaps chains should as well, to ONLY factor in elevation differences, and not pathing. That way the maximum elevation can be made more consistent, which I think EVERYONE would love.
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , chains has had this bug for almost a year now. Can it please be fixed in time for DB?
    Don't tank

• susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not pulling others of keeps is intended. Otherwise it would make rooftop rangers and mages way too vulnerable on top of sieges.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Not pulling others of keeps is intended. Otherwise it would make rooftop rangers and mages way too vulnerable on top of sieges.

This has totally nothing with pulling people off of keeps. NOTHING. Chains doesn't work, sometimes, when enemies are on basically the same level ground as the user.
    Don't tank

• susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This has totally nothing with pulling people off of keeps. NOTHING. Chains doesn't work, sometimes, when enemies are on basically the same level ground as the user.

That is when they have CC immunity. Chains are classified as one kind of CC in the game engine.
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was the Empowering Chains morph fixed on the PTS so that you can use it as reliably as Ambush etc? Or does it still fail to move you in most cases where there is a difference in elevation (and where there isn't), or if the target dodges?

And yes, once again, this has nothing to do with getting into keeps, this has with the skill not working at least 50% of the time in legitimate situations.
    Edited by RoamingRiverElk on May 14, 2016 3:15PM
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That is when they have CC immunity. Chains are classified as one kind of CC in the game engine.

No, watch the video. This bug has nothing to do with CC immunity.
    Don't tank

• Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was the Empowering Chains morph fixed on the PTS so that you can use it as reliably as Ambush etc? Or does it still fail to move you in most cases where there is a difference in elevation (and where there isn't), or if the target dodges?

And yes, once again, this has nothing to do with getting into keeps, this has with the skill not working at least 50% of the time in legitimate situations.

I haven't tested the morph that pulls the user on PTS. I just know that on the PTS, the morph that pulls enemies still gets bugged.
    Don't tank