Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO – The Year Ahead"

• Woodoochill
    Woodoochill
    ✭✭✭
    Mysticman wrote: »
    Spellcrafting was the only thing I was looking forward to this year, crafting stuff that I could conjure up like a Flame, frost or storm Atronach like in Skyrim would have make the game more like a Elder Scroll game should be like. I’m hoping that once they figure out how to make $$$ off of Spellcrafting they will still add it to the game, remember when they first started talking about stuff like spellcrafting more than 1 1/2 years ago this was a subscription game now that it’s B2P ZOS is obviously rethinking what they can afford to add to the game and what it will cost them.
    Now that Spellcrafting is all but dead how about adding "spell tomes" (spell-containing books that upon reading a tome, the specific spell contained within is learned, but the tome is destroyed in the process), to the game like what you have in Skyrim that would add a lot of excitement and new skills to the game. I believe a spell tomes system like in Skyrim could easily be adopted to ESO.

nope nope nope nope.... i hate spellcrafting beaing dead too but i will rather wait a year to get proper fun with spellcrafting as shown 2 years ago than boring tomes like in skyrim where it was just go there, buy that
  • kirk_lewis_ESO
    kirk_lewis_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I love the features coming but you have to admit that they created the up-hill battle when they took Elder Scrolls and made it an MMO. The people that play those games are already something then you decided on an MMO. MMO's are so tricky to pull off because you're talking about trying to keep millions of people's interest for a minute (so to speak) which is tough in a world where DLC content and "content" are two different things. You have to decide what makes sense to you compared to some guy that just wants a game to play etc etc. Not easy. Spell-crafting sounds like a pain in the ass even masochists wouldn't want any part of. For me personally, i just want a druid class and you have them already for NPC's except that they're not called druids. They're called "Wyrds".Other than that, with the player housing coming, VR being phased out, and more story content coming, i'm good but i'm a PvEer so what do i know.
    Edited by kirk_lewis_ESO on January 15, 2016 7:46AM
    Templar - looking for a new job (Blame the economy).
  • cjddrumnub19_ESO
    cjddrumnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ... I am DONE. This game was released with the promise that we would get REAL PvP. Guess what ZOS, the Skyrim-single player crowd is GONE, they left a month after you released. The only reason I have stayed here is because you ANNOUNCED THAT THE PVP JUSTICE SYSTEM IS COMING! You just released the "1 Million reason to play", I think it is time to give some reasons not to (also keep in mind that I know a lot about MMO development, I know how servers work, and I know how programming works):

1. Lag: There is incredible lag on populated servers, the reason we have it is because ZOS programmed this game wrong.
    2. Lying: This company lies more than any I have seen, more then Turbine, Trion, EA, ect.. As some examples, Justice System, Spell Crafting, Removal of Vet levels, Imperial City having an Arena, Imperial City coming out a year before it actually did, Console Version didn't come till a year after they said it would launch, and it goes on and on.
    3. Pvp: This game has lots of potential to be good, but at every turn they screwed up.
    4. DLCs: They don't care about the content we PAY FOR, Imperial City is DEAD, Making the ONLY PvP DLC that will probably come for a year or even two with how slow they work, will not make them more money... so *** over half of their players, who cares if they get nothing new...
    5. Dueling: ...HAHAHAHAHA they actually said the programming was TOO HARD!!! ARE YOU JOKING?!?! LOTRO, A PvE game that is over 10 years old has had dueling since launch... EVERY MMO HAS DUELING... I have to keep in mind that this is not a real MMO i guess, it is Care-Bear-Online. Dueling would "Ruin immersion".

I could go on much longer and in more detail but It is not even worth it, anyone who plays this game for more then one month will see this ***.

So anyway GOOD BYE,

-Showlor,
    Hardcore player since beta.
  • Ponyboy9569
    I have a couple questions, may or may not been answered already i just do not have time at the moment to read through all the comments so sorry if i am repeating anything, but i need to sleep due to work in the morning xD But with the removal of the veteran ranks, what happens to the 16 extra attribute points a vr16 would have. i have 4 vet characters, i just have not quite reached vr16, and do not want to miss out on attribute points i will never be able to earn, also making former vr16s more powerful then anybody else.. also with the character customization shop, will race change be available as well? i bought my game from the playstation store, so it did not come with a code for all race all alliance perk, so two of my vet characters are not the best class for the role. I read up on the alliances before purchasing the game, and chose ebonheart and all my characters have been so. This restricted me to nord, dark elf and argonian.. i recently have obtained the upgrade, and it makes me not want to play my old characters.. even if it is going to cost me 50k per switch i dont care.. just take my moneys so i can be fixed :D Also, i have heard that it is imperative that i get my current characters to 50, because it is going to as hard to get to level 50 as it is to get to vr16.. at least that is what i understand from what i was told from a friend, just want verification on this.. although i know in the blog article it did say the leveling from 1-50 would have little change, it is something i have heard enough that it just might be true. thanks in advance :)
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then i took an arrow to the knee
  • Galoriz
    Galoriz
    Soul Shriven
    LearnThis wrote: »
    I know I read about the character customization but I did not see the word "race" in there. Was there a reason that was not spoken of or at least mentioned?

Race changes are part of the current character re-customization design.

If we'll get crown store race re-customization, does it mean we could change alliance? Maybe with explorers pack?
  • Lolssi
    Lolssi
    ✭✭✭
    ... I am DONE. This game was released with the promise that we would get REAL PvP. Guess what ZOS, the Skyrim-single player crowd is GONE, they left a month after you released.
    I didn't even start until bit before f2p. This is great game because better story and quests than Skyfail.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2. Lying: This company lies more than any I have seen, more then Turbine, Trion, EA, ect.. As some examples, Justice System, Spell Crafting, Removal of Vet levels, Imperial City having an Arena, Imperial City coming out a year before it actually did, Console Version didn't come till a year after they said it would launch, and it goes on and on.
    • Justice PvP was never confirmed as actually happening.
    • Spell Crafting is still on the cards.
    • Vet Ranks are being removed, just as they said.
    • Imperial City has an Arena. Nobody ever said it would be a PvP arena.
    • No release date for Imperial City was ever stated, prior to the release date which we got, and which they achieved.
    No lies here. Just because things don't work out like you hoped they would, doesn't mean you can accuse someone of falsification with intent to deceive.

I have a couple questions, may or may not been answered already i just do not have time at the moment to read through all the comments so sorry if i am repeating anything, but i need to sleep due to work in the morning xD But with the removal of the veteran ranks, what happens to the 16 extra attribute points a vr16 would have. i have 4 vet characters, i just have not quite reached vr16, and do not want to miss out on attribute points i will never be able to earn, also making former vr16s more powerful then anybody else.. also with the character customization shop, will race change be available as well? i bought my game from the playstation store, so it did not come with a code for all race all alliance perk, so two of my vet characters are not the best class for the role. I read up on the alliances before purchasing the game, and chose ebonheart and all my characters have been so. This restricted me to nord, dark elf and argonian.. i recently have obtained the upgrade, and it makes me not want to play my old characters.. even if it is going to cost me 50k per switch i dont care.. just take my moneys so i can be fixed :D Also, i have heard that it is imperative that i get my current characters to 50, because it is going to as hard to get to level 50 as it is to get to vr16.. at least that is what i understand from what i was told from a friend, just want verification on this.. although i know in the blog article it did say the leveling from 1-50 would have little change, it is something i have heard enough that it just might be true. thanks in advance :)
    @Ponyboy9569 The 16 extra skill/attribute points are being moved into the 1-50 levelling, so by the time you hit 50 you will have all 65. Nothing will change for the 1-50 levelling, so it'll be as easy to get to 50 then as it is now (and may even be a bit easier, thanks to those extra skill and attribute points being moved down). Presumably extra points will be given on conversion for those people who have passed the relative new thresholds. Yes, race change will be part of character customization, but it's likely that if you don't own the Adventurer/Explorer Pack that you'll only be able to change race within your alliance (more money for ZOS if people have to buy the Upgrade in addition to the race change).

Galoriz wrote: »
    I know I read about the character customization but I did not see the word "race" in there. Was there a reason that was not spoken of or at least mentioned?
    If we'll get crown store race re-customization, does it mean we could change alliance? Maybe with explorers pack?
    @Galoriz Alliance change is currently down as "maybe". I think it'll depend on whether they can ensure questing progression isn't broken. I agree that the Explorer/Adventurer Pack should also be required, otherwise the purpose of that pack is effectively broken.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Oliviax
    Oliviax
    Not sure if this has been asked:

When the veteran Ranks are removed, Will the Cadwells Silver and gold still be left in the game as an optional feature?

I ask this mainly because there are 15-16 sky shards in each of the zones that can be used to build up skill points, and tbh I have no problems running through it on multiple characters.

I would like to see it kept there in case people want to acquire those skill points or will they have to change their race (ie pay money to the crown store to do this)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oliviax wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been asked:

When the veteran Ranks are removed, Will the Cadwells Silver and gold still be left in the game as an optional feature?

I ask this mainly because there are 15-16 sky shards in each of the zones that can be used to build up skill points, and tbh I have no problems running through it on multiple characters.

I would like to see it kept there in case people want to acquire those skill points or will they have to change their race (ie pay money to the crown store to do this)
    @Oliviax They said quite a while ago that Cadwell's isn't going anywhere. There's also a rumour that they are "making it easier" to get access to these zones, so I'm thinking they may be changing the requirements so you no longer have to do Silver before you can start Gold. (This would be easily doable, and they wouldn't even need to change any of Cadwell's dialogue.)
    Edited by Enodoc on January 15, 2016 1:13PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • kirk_lewis_ESO
    kirk_lewis_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have one concern though. In every game i've seen housing in, they're usually expensive. I'm wondering if zenimax will have more affordable housing. Some of these games need section 8 XD..
    Edited by kirk_lewis_ESO on January 15, 2016 1:43PM
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Is the CP cap being raised with Thieves Guild dlc?
  • cjddrumnub19_ESO
    cjddrumnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If you are disappointed that the PvP segment of the justice system is not coming please read and post in the below thread:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/241386/pvp-justice-system-canceled#latest
  • Valderis
    Valderis
    ✭✭
    "Longer term, expect to see information about systems like a character customization shop so you can change your character's gender, appearance, name, etc., player housing, and other systems that we'll announce in the future."

Player housing sounds cool. Having a guild oriented edifice we can purchase with guild monies would be sweet; Banners and trophies on the wall as the guild gains more achievements..or better yet, all the Inns/Taverns in Tamriel could be made designated by guild.

Also: Housecarl.

Here's me, jumping ahead and thinking of the future!
    Jone and Jode are in a dance. Who leads, you ask? There, lies the wisdom of my ancestors... - Ra'fiiq
  • petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the notion of separation of PvE and PvP zone also apply to the concept of dueling, announced in the ESO Live episode of last December?
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I've been reading the thread and I'm wondering if there will be an uptade for Cyrodill items in Q1 or before... since you push back to Q2 veteran rank removal.

And I'm also wondering if you are thinking about getting all the gear Lvl 50 and make them better at some point or if they will continue to scale upon veteran rank (now turn into champion rank) ? Logic would suggest all gear should be available at level 50 and some harder to get should be simply better but that's why I'm asking....

One last thing, if you are adding any new currency for thieve's guild such as ... I don't know any new type of currency, could you do a conversion board where you could turn AP to Cash, and Cash to Telvar, and Stuff like that, hopefull with a system of offert/demand where you could state how much you are willing to pay, or are much you are willing to sell ? The more of those things there is the harder it gets to follow :)

(Edit) Oh ! and I'm eager to read about the new racial modification and stuff !
    Edited by potirondb16_ESO on January 15, 2016 10:30PM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looks promising.
    Edited by Cody on January 16, 2016 1:49AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Galoriz wrote: »

You know what? This I thought to ask this question too, but then I forgot it somehow :). So I did not ask it :smiley:
  • Oliviax
    Oliviax
    I'm all for player housing as long as its not the current mess the housing in Final Fantasy xiv is.

I was fortunate in that I was able to earn enough to afford a private house in the game. Now there is more money around more ppl can afford them and there isn't anywhere near enough housing. Instead of creating more housing for other people, . they have told us we have to log in and if we don't within 45 days, our houses will be demolished.

I can see the reasoning behind releasing houses for people who no longer play the game and have no intention of returning. however, I'm hoping that ~ESO has a better system for housing in the first place. Instances for example.
  • PrimeSeptim
    PrimeSeptim
    ✭✭✭
    The Dark Brotherhood DLC game pack and update will come in the second quarter. It will be set on the Gold Coast of Cyrodiil (around the towns of Anvil and Kvatch),

More mixing PvE with PvP? -sigh- Or, is Kvatch and Anvil going to be a "safe zone"?

I can just imagine going questing there with all other players and getting
    ganked again and again and again.... worse than IC. Gold Coast will be the new Gank Central!

How about a PvP toggle for the PvE only crowd? I ask for others more than myself as I do like to
    PvP when I, the player, feels like it. - _ -
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭
    They should make a passive mode like in GTA V
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Dark Brotherhood DLC game pack and update will come in the second quarter. It will be set on the Gold Coast of Cyrodiil (around the towns of Anvil and Kvatch),

More mixing PvE with PvP? -sigh- Or, is Kvatch and Anvil going to be a "safe zone"?

It seems to me that it has already been stated that the Gold Coast, including Kvatch and Anvil, will be PVE only and not part of Cyrodiil.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Kalebron
    Kalebron
    ✭✭✭
    Good, I am changing to Breton or going all out and converting to stamblade from my high elf. Maybe I will alternate between the two or would there be a limit as to how many times you can change your race. HMMM. Excitement.
  • KhemSihr
    KhemSihr
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't read the full forum...

But what are they going to do with the 15/Attribute & Skill Points we gained from those 15/Ranks we achieve after Rank/1>Level/50. Are we going to gain more after a certain amount of Champion Points. Or are the 15/Attribute & Skill Points going to be removed entirely...?..
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't read the full forum...
    But what are they going to do with the 15/Attribute & Skill Points we gained from those 15/Ranks we achieve after Rank/1>Level/50. Are we going to gain more after a certain amount of Champion Points. Or are the 15/Attribute & Skill Points going to be removed entirely...?..
    @PsilocybirX They will be integrated into the 1-50 levelling.
    What will happen with those attribute points we got for veteran ranks?

You will now earn the extra attribute/skill points while leveling up from 1-50. Here's a quick chart to help explain it better

Level - Bonus Attribute/Skill Points
    5 - 1
    10 - 2
    15 - 1
    20 - 2
    25 - 1
    30 - 2
    35 - 1
    40 - 2
    45 - 1
    50 - 3
    Total 16

Note: This is different than what I posted in November last year. We've been iterating on the design for a bit now and this is a much more straightforward approach.
  • KhemSihr
    KhemSihr
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping we would get more. Say, once you get 10 Champion Points you would gain another Attribute and Skill Point. Allowing "Hybrid" built characters possible through later progression.

@Enodoc -Thanks for the info btw.
  • kirk_lewis_ESO
    kirk_lewis_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Somethings on my waiting list - Class lore, wyrd class (I got turned into a wolf and now i'm hooked), runes on the weapons that are visible, better visuals for different abilities (Eclipse is just a ball around the enemy), ability to see if my buffs are working (right now, it's like trying to figure out if they gave you chicken when you ordered beef), class armor motifs. The game is awesome as is but it has to become more to compete and keep people. I don't know about PVPers but little things can keep PVEer's happy like ability to add backstories to my crafted weapons.
    Edited by kirk_lewis_ESO on January 21, 2016 2:19PM
  • giinoz2011rwb17_ESO
    Hi I was told by a guild master that Jewellery crafting would become available with the next DLC.
    That now approaching will we finally have Jewellery crafting available?
    As no mention in DLC update for Q1 notes regarding this.

If the issue is about resource nodes just allow the dropped jewellery to be de constructed items yielding the mats required to make them.

A suggestion if there is an issue including Jewellery mats into the game.

To make the green blue purple gold mats to make jewellery if an issue use two eg one Tannin and one Tempering Alloy of green to make mat to craft green jewellery item say Necklaces then another two to make mat to craft rings.
    for gold jewellery have the drops as there currently are if have an enchantment or trait and or enchantment and increase gold drops of jewellery with no trait or enchantment, specifically either to enchant or de construct.

Also I notice comment about player guilds.
    Are you going to include a way for the guild to purchase extra member slots, say 100 more members at a time
    guild bank storage slots 100 at a time?
    And member sales slots being increased by 10.
    Please advise your player guilds plans.

Some of the guilds I am with are at breaking point due to the need for more members slots being available to expand the guild
    , and member sales slots.

Also the frustration of the Hirelings you have to log in everyday, ok but what time? It's annoying that if you log your character in that when you do nothing comes from a hireling, and you have to keep logging them in to get the dropped items via mail.
    The game should drop the hireling items into mail once a day if the character has been logged in that day.
    You may have to log out and when you come back the game is updating or whatever so you loose time when you get back in having to re go through all your characters to get the hireling drop again, and it may not drop so you have to do it all again.

As game now DL update 3:15Am my time I'm off to bed.
    Hoping that the update will fix my disrepair and frustration by having jewellery crafting in it.

Edit Nope not yet no Jewellery crafting.(Big ask as not DLC either yet....)
    Thinking of old game used to play now revamped for online, they actually tell you when an update is happening how long it will take maximum, and all issues bug fixes and improvements to the game in that update patch.. Unlike ESO.
    Thank you.
    Edited by giinoz2011rwb17_ESO on January 26, 2016 2:06PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi I was told by a guild master that Jewellery crafting would become available with the next DLC.
    @giinoz2011rwb17_ESO That guild master was misinformed. ZOS have said they are not working on jewellery crafting at all yet.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another year without spellcrafting?

ROFL.

Announce and release visuals for a much loved feature from the single-player games in 2014 which would go a long way to redressing the nigh unforgivable sin of classes.... and then throw it on the perpetual backburner. A feature which would not only make ESO much more elderscrollsy but also make it something unique in a market overcrowded with not terribly different games.

Spellcrafting is seriously the only reason I still look in on this game from time to time and update the client occasionally. Spend a week here and there doing the awful feed-my-horse-once-a-day business. But maintaining even a spark of enthusiasm for this long has been pretty hard. I think it may be time to retire my interest in the game or risk joining the ranks of embittered ZO haters.
  • giinoz2011rwb17_ESO
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @giinoz2011rwb17_ESO That guild master was misinformed. ZOS have said they are not working on jewellery crafting at all yet.

Hi thank you so much for the information.

I can now go and play another online game and devote less to ESO in a couple of days.

Only coming back to support my guilds every few days.
    After I Finnish learning my crafting 9th trait I may only come back once a week for the update downloads.

I'm happy I dropped my membership and I doubt I'll subscribe until they bring Jewellery crafting in I will not purchase any DLC's regardless of the spin given until such time this is implemented. Even though I would like to have a look around the new DLC's am getting more disinterested the longer nothing is done or lack of updates as to when things are going to be or likely done. A time estimate would be good.

I have created glyphs to use on Jewellery some don't work some do but a a far less capability than the created glyph is.
    Or you may get lucky and it be applied at the correct value however it's hit and miss for me so I don't do it much.

Thank you again Enodoc for your reply.

Edited by giinoz2011rwb17_ESO on January 26, 2016 4:20PM