The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO – The Year Ahead"

• Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a console V16 Master Crafter, can you tell us if we're going to be, for want of a better term, majorly screwed over if we commit to making new V16 gear using the holy-s*** ridiculous needed amount of V16 mats now? What's going to happen to all of the materials and gear made for Veteran Ranks when the VR system is removed? Are we all going to be shafted out of our time and money? Is it a waste of time, materials, and gold to spend on gear that will lose effectiveness or otherwise be outdated?

This is really urgently needed information, because it's already costing me half of my V16 business. Many people (myself included) are too scared to commit the massive gold and material cost into gear that will last only a month or two before it may or may not be rendered useless. Would it be prudent to just give up on making V16 gear and sell all of the mats before they're made extinct?

Last they said, and this may not be the case anymore, instead of vr requirements there will be cp requirements. So yes your v16 gear will be more valuable than v1 gear.

So if I were to make a full set of V16 gear, take it to yellow, and put yellow enchantments on all of it, I would not be getting shafted hard when the VR system goes kaput? Does anyone know what's going to happen to all of the crafting materials for gear above level 50? Is it going to be changed to affect weapon color or something, hopefully?

Instead of v16 gold it will be cp500 gold. Which would be better than a cp250 (v8) gold or cp500 purple. Along those lines.
    Edited by Stalwart385 on January 13, 2016 9:07AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trikki wrote: »
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    btw... after cheating the players who already reached v16 back to level 50 are you going to return the crowns spent on "Crown Experience Scrolls"?

because i only used it after level 50, so, it's better you return some crowns if you are going to remove 16 levels.
    This x10000000000000000000000000000. I've spent like 12000 crowns on scrolls
    And you got a boost to your earned Champion Points for it. The removal of VRs isn't going to take away any of the things you got from those VRs (the attribute points and skill points), just the numbers themselves.

As a console V16 Master Crafter, can you tell us if we're going to be, for want of a better term, majorly screwed over if we commit to making new V16 gear using the holy-s*** ridiculous needed amount of V16 mats now? What's going to happen to all of the materials and gear made for Veteran Ranks when the VR system is removed? Are we all going to be shafted out of our time and money? Is it a waste of time, materials, and gold to spend on gear that will lose effectiveness or otherwise be outdated?

This is really urgently needed information, because it's already costing me half of my V16 business. Many people (myself included) are too scared to commit the massive gold and material cost into gear that will last only a month or two before it may or may not be rendered useless. Would it be prudent to just give up on making V16 gear and sell all of the mats before they're made extinct?

Last they said, and this may not be the case anymore, instead of vr requirements there will be cp requirements. So yes your v16 gear will be more valuable than v1 gear.

So if I were to make a full set of V16 gear, take it to yellow, and put yellow enchantments on all of it, I would not be getting shafted hard when the VR system goes kaput? Does anyone know what's going to happen to all of the crafting materials for gear above level 50? Is it going to be changed to affect weapon color or something, hopefully?

Instead of v16 gold it will be cp500 gold. Which would be better than a cp250 (v8) gold or cp500 purple. Along those lines.
    Almost, except the plan is that VR16 gear will become 160 CP gear. Although I would much rather see other types of gear progression that did not restrict gear to how many CPs you have. There are so many different possibilities and opportunities for post 50 gear progression that do not need to tie gear into how many CPs you have. Tying anything into how many CPs you have as a hard requirement is counter to one of the principal reasons for removing VRs.
    Edited by Enodoc on January 13, 2016 10:27AM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Saturn wrote: »
    Bloodfang wrote: »
    Sidenote: The ~9 months between Nov 2014 and August 2015 was a pretty significant content draught for ESO, which will hopefully never happen again now that you are on track to releasing big content batches quarterly.

Update 5 -> November 2014
    Update 6 -> March 2015 (4 months)
    Update 7 -> August 2015 (5 months)

There was never 9 months of content drought.

March's update was Update 6, which besides the overhaul of how the game works only had the Justice system, which is "meta content", meaning it adds nothing new but expands upon existing things = we all f**ked around with it for an hour and then most of us got bored.

Don't speak for me.

@Dominoid

I don't speak for everyone, that's why I added "most of us".

When Update 6 came out I didn't know anyone who went, "Wow, finally I can steal things! I will do this for the next 5 months until actual content is added to the game!" It's a nice aversion to have in the game and fleshes out the universe, but most of us want things we can throw ourselves at over and over, to get better at it, to get loot (cuss RNG sucks) or for some other reason.

During the period between Nov 2014 and August 2015 is when the PC playerbase started dissipating rapidly, because there was nothing new to do. Obviously the quarterly updates are slowly making up for that now, but I feel like they did irreparable damage to the PC community during that long period of no content. New people are coming to the game still, but the majority of people who would be interested in ESO have already tried it and a lot of those people stopped playing actively during those 9 months. This was at least the case on NA. Perhaps it feels even worse since I'm on the lowest populated alliance.

Also, if ESO wants to keep its "top MMO" title in 2016 when there will be a lot more competent competition, then they cannot make that mistake again.
    Just look at Guild Wars 2, it didn't get its first expansion until three years after launch and how many players joined and left the game during that time? They won't get them back, because those people have long since moved on to other games. MMOs have to be frequently updated in order to stay relevant.
    So I don't speak for you, but I'm sure I speak for a lot of other people, when I say that going 9 months without proper content updates is not great.

Now they just need to stop taking away reasons to do things in the game, like removing weekly rewards and f**king up the leaderboards.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafting: So CP requirement will basically means that after you reach level 50 on one char you can all of the sudden wear a lvl 1000 armor? Because you use do play on another 1 to 7 characters? :(

I have a bad feeling that all of the sudden vr1-vr14 crafting materials will become very much worthless. Most of the old players that will want to level up will make no use of these items anymore due to CP. New players will also have not a big use for them. So what will become of crafting?
    Edited by deleted008293 on January 13, 2016 11:16AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nordmarian wrote: »
    Crafting: So CP requirement will basically means that after you reach level 50 on one char you can all of the sudden wear a lvl 1000 armor? :(
    That seems to be the suggestion. I said this just above, but I'm going to say it again; there are so many different possibilities and opportunities for post 50 gear progression that do not need to tie gear into how many CPs you have. Tying anything into how many CPs you have as a hard requirement is counter to one of the principal reasons for removing VRs.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • TayDibiase
    TayDibiase
    ✭✭✭
    Damn I was looking forward to crafting a flame antronach and a execution spell for my magicka dk
    Average is only the top of the bottom
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally Id just like to be able to get into the game. I get nothing but never ending load screens after logging in. I cant even get to character select. So while I appreciate the new content I would like to see these load screen bugs fixed so I can play again. Its been months since ive been able to login.
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    LearnThis wrote: »
    I know I read about the character customization but I did not see the word "race" in there. Was there a reason that was not spoken of or at least mentioned?

Race changes are part of the current character re-customization design.

Fantastic, thanks for this Info :D !!!....Ähm, but when the Race Change will be coming? With the next DLC, or do we have to Play another Year without this Option?
    Edited by Murmeltier on January 13, 2016 11:55AM
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice

[PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Reif
    Reif
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_MattFiror wrote:
    We will not be adding in the previously discussed PvP component of the Justice System.
    There is nothing to say about it. It's just a shame.
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Saturn your post say it all.

Most of the players want to explore new worlds, not grind stuff over and over. For that dungeons alone must be HUGE at least. Zones maybe too but now its kinda late for that. Unless those zones aren't on Nirn. If 4 DLCs a year might be or might not be enough we will see later.

Other content like mechanics update can come with DLCs or with patches. But they must be good to best and also rewardy. Adding small content like barber shop or housing might help players for a time but they will get bored fast if things won't improve. So again among all those small features what really matters is exploration.

Thing is if we are keep asking for small and useless features we might end up playing same game in 10 years with 10 more new zones at best. Balance issues costs heavily too. And for that alone I think its safe to say spellcrafting won't come anytime soon.
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, no catching thieves, and no crafting spells, just more DLC to buy? Sad, very sad.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need more abilities, more things to do, not more places to go to cast the same old spells in!
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nordmarian wrote: »
    @Saturn your post say it all.

Most of the players want to explore new worlds, not grind stuff over and over. For that dungeons alone must be HUGE at least. Zones maybe too but now its kinda late for that. Unless those zones aren't on Nirn. If 4 DLCs a year might be or might not be enough we will see later.

Other content like mechanics update can come with DLCs or with patches. But they must be good to best and also rewardy. Adding small content like barber shop or housing might help players for a time but they will get bored fast if things won't improve. So again among all those small features what really matters is exploration.

Thing is if we are keep asking for small and useless features we might end up playing same game in 10 years with 10 more new zones at best. Balance issues costs heavily too. And for that alone I think its safe to say spellcrafting won't come anytime soon.

Who told you, that most of the people want to explore new worlds? I want to develope my charakter. It is nice to see new zones and dungeons. But if I have nothing to achieve in therms of charakter progression, everything else is just not boring.
    Edited by SorataArisugawa on January 13, 2016 2:31PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • DanteVFenris
    DanteVFenris
    ✭✭✭
    I've been waiting for spell crafting. Decided I won't even touch the game until it's in. This is a majour feature guys.

Anyway thanks for the continued support. I'm just looking on updates until you have the game in your palms again. By the end of this year looks like you guys will be on a better path.

Also I hope there is new features not just new content in the upcoming dlc. If it's good I might try it.

Also sense your putting spell crafting on the back burning you should give us a new class to keep engaged.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I totally disagree with some of the guys here saying that what ZOS said now about spellcrafting means that we will never see it happen.

I would be more optimistic here.

And of course they first need to fix the lag in Cyrodiil, otherwise adding more spells would make it even worse. And the same here - "we are working on the fix" does not mean they do not care and gave up. It simply means, that they are still working on the fix
    Edited by altemriel on January 13, 2016 2:51PM
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For all of you complaining about removing vet levels and gear, our current understanding is that VR16 gear will become CP160 gear. See the 16 to 160 ratio? They're not so much removing vet levels as changing the way that you see them. People with level 50 toons will get the free 16 skill points and character points that they would have otherwise needed to experience up to VR16 to get. This applies to all of your new characters that you level up as well.

If you're a VR6 toon with VR6 gear, then they will try to scale that in the conversion so that you are level 50 with 60 champion points and CP60 gear.

If you're a VR15 toon with VR15 gear, then they will try to scale that in the conversion so that you are level 50 with 150 champion points and CP150 gear.

See the pattern?

They are not in fact changing how the game works, just changing the labels and descriptions on what you see.

This lets them add more VR levels by masquerading them as champion point caps, so the next level of gear *could* be CP300 gear, which would have required you to make a few million more experience (per catchup mechanics) and be the equivalent of VR18 (in the old system).

To put it simply, you're not losing anything, they're just making future gear levels (and the requisite grind requirements) much easier for them to put in place.
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    For all of you complaining about removing vet levels and gear, our current understanding is that VR16 gear will become CP160 gear. See the 16 to 160 ratio? They're not so much removing vet levels as changing the way that you see them. People with level 50 toons will get the free 16 skill points and character points that they would have otherwise needed to experience up to VR16 to get. This applies to all of your new characters that you level up as well.

If you're a VR6 toon with VR6 gear, then they will try to scale that in the conversion so that you are level 50 with 60 champion points and CP60 gear.

If you're a VR15 toon with VR15 gear, then they will try to scale that in the conversion so that you are level 50 with 150 champion points and CP150 gear.

See the pattern?

They are not in fact changing how the game works, just changing the labels and descriptions on what you see.

This lets them add more VR levels by masquerading them as champion point caps, so the next level of gear *could* be CP300 gear, which would have required you to make a few million more experience (per catchup mechanics) and be the equivalent of VR18 (in the old system).

To put it simply, you're not losing anything, they're just making future gear levels (and the requisite grind requirements) much easier for them to put in place.

Assuming they don't totally botch the conversion with the requisite patch/release. I'm thinking there's a potential here for one big s___ storm.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Romtim
    Romtim
    ✭✭
    We will not be adding in the previously discussed PvP component of the Justice System. The game's central concept of "PvP in PvP areas and be safe in safe areas" needs to stay the way it is.

Was waiting for this for two years, and now I'm officially quitting for good.
    Thanks for making this easy to do, Zenimax.

I officially name you, Elder Scrolls Cooperative (instead of Online).
    Edited by Romtim on January 13, 2016 3:58PM
  • Dual.sphereeb17_ESO
    I am honestly disappointed with this announcement . I really am.

Spellcrafting was one of the things I kept telling my friends about, as it would make the game feel really more diverse.

Then Justice System PVP....what. why? This was also a major selling point during Quakecon.

These additions for me meant a LOT to prove Zeni wanted more for this game other than being a generic MMO with a slight tweak to the combat.

I have no idea what they're thinking right now, cause this makes no sense. If someone want's to be a criminal, he get's pvp flagged, regardless of zone. It was their choice to do so.

Spellcrafting was meant to add lot's of cool new stuff to the game for the existing classes. Unless the ones we have will be getting a new skill line or we get an entirely new class, This year looks very -very- bleak in terms of character/class growth or innovation.

Players were promised a lot of things, but for -ME- these two were making me want to throw money at the screen for them alone. To come out a little before the DLC comes out with this announcements is just....wrong. There are little consequences to law breaking at the moment and that will remain. It almost makes me think they are unable to actually toggle PVP within same alliance ( Read : Dueling ).

Truly disappointed as I've defended Zeni a lot in the past.

(Fairness where it's due : Apart from CP Cap ; Werewolf/vampire bite . Those are still *** ).

• Dual.sphereeb17_ESO
    Crown wrote: »

See the pattern?

I said the same a couple months ago, was downvoted and insulted to oblivion so yeah.

Changing one system for the other is not the way to go, but they're too committed into this now to scrap the idea...
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is my .02 cents along with concerns and a few questions I've been hearing throughout my circles:
    MattFiror wrote:
    Welcome to 2016! 2015 was a crazy, busy, awesome year for us, which we've talked about more than a few times at this point. With the millions of players that joined the world of ESO in 2015, our player population is very strong, and we will continue to provide ongoing content and updates on a quarterly basis, and incremental patches as needed. To kick off this new year, I'd like to concentrate on where we are and where the game is going over the next year and beyond.
    This is great news and what it tells me is there is plenty of revenue (profit?) for development and QA. Is there any plans to expand ZOS' development team to correlate to the increase in player demand?
    MattFiror wrote:
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited is a game with a great player base and community, a good solid foundation, and a very bright promising future. We're not perfect; we have things to work on, but we are very happy with where we are.
    The community is great! In terms of where we are, I'm content knowing a new trial is coming very soon. I'm hoping the "very bright promising future" includes many more of them. Can we expect more than one trial in the next six months?
    MattFiror wrote:
    We've already announced our first two DLC game packs / Updates in 2016: Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood (Q1 and Q2, respectively),
    This is, well, what we already know....could you allow the team elaborate on the TG DLC seeing as it's right around the corner for PTS?
    MattFiror wrote:
    and will be working on much more in 2016, including a major change in how world zones treat player character levels.
    Personally I'm not one for going back to revise old content unless it needs bug fixes or whatever. IMO a more forward approach is what the game needs. But I can understand that players want to collect endgame stuff in their favorite zones too.
    MattFiror wrote:
    We will also be concentrating on fixes to Cyrodiil server performance,
    What can I say...you have your work cut out for you here. Again, the solution....hire more people. You're a small company with a big lag problem. Throw some money at it (talent) and I'd bet you'd see a hefty return on your investment.
    MattFiror wrote:
    •Looking for Group version 2.0, which will go live with the Thieves Guild update. This will fix some longstanding problems with our LFG system and allow players to create groups faster and more efficiently.
    I don't use the LFG tool. great for those that need to or prefer it.
    MattFiror wrote:
    •All future DLC will continue to use player level scaling to ensure that players of all levels can play in the same zone together, as we do with Imperial City and Orsinium.
    I think we can all agree this is the way it should of been from day one.
    MattFiror wrote:
    •Enable text chat on consoles later this year to help players – if they wish – to communicate zone-wide with other players, have easier access to emotes, and be able to chat with others using text instead of voice. This will be optional, and we will continue to fully support voice chat on console as the primary means of communication.
    ABOUT TIME....great news for consolers. It's a shame honestly that so many had to deal daily trolling here on the forums at console launch as they championed for this change. Some acceptance of error here.......kind of...not really.
    MattFiror wrote:
    •Work on a Looking for Guild system, as well as updates and fixes to make it easier manage player guilds.
    This would be frigging awesome. Good news for sure.
    MattFiror wrote:
    •From 50+, you will receive Champion Points as you gain Experience, which you can use to further augment your character via the Champion System. The character information window will be updated to show your level, plus your Champion Rating, which is the total number of Champion Points you have accrued.
    So this is tricky, personally, I think these games (mmos) spend all this time to offer unique titles, costumes, pets etc. and this "uniqueness" carries through to the leveling process. As one gets higher rank it reflects in a "rank". I'd hope you plan to differentiate players from lvl 50 and those with 500+ CPs. In other words, show the champion rating on the player nameplate. Additionally, the current info regarding how this occurs is convoluted. Please begin to hash out more clearly how you plan on accomplishing this goal. It's the kind of change you can't just slap us over the head with when we wake up in morning of the patch.
    MattFiror wrote:
    •We will continue to slowly raise the Champion Point cap over time as we add more content. The cap is currently set at 501 Champion Points.
    we know this already. could you elaborate? how much will you raise the cap and how often?
    MattFiror wrote:
    As we have already announced, we will be launching a big update, including the Thieves Guild DLC game pack, during the first quarter of this year - expect it on the PTS (Public Test Server) in early February. It is a lot of fun and introduces some new gameplay elements as well as the story content.
    The fever in game is already starting to build. Are there any plans for special PTS events like you've done in the past?
    MattFiror wrote:
    The update will also include a ton of updates and fixes to the core game, including support for 64-bit clients. Stay tuned for more details later this month.
    Finally!
    MattFiror wrote:
    The Dark Brotherhood DLC game pack and update will come in the second quarter. It will be set on the Gold Coast of Cyrodiil (around the towns of Anvil and Kvatch), and will contain some new gameplay elements and story content. We'll release more information about it when we get a little closer to debuting it on the PTS.
    We know! (already) more info pls, pun intended o:)
    MattFiror wrote:
    Besides the major DLC packs, other features we are working on include scrolling combat text (which will go live with the Thieves Guild DLC in Q1), character nameplates, the ability for console players to display their character name instead of their PSN ID/XBL Gamertag, among others.
    Awesome stuff...how about buff tracking for consoles?
    MattFiror wrote:
    Longer term, expect to see information about systems like a character customization shop so you can change your character's gender, appearance, name, etc., player housing, and other systems that we'll announce in the future. We'll have much more information about all of these as the year progresses.
    If you added one thing in the next 6 months....changing character names...I would give you my first born son :o seriously though please continue to focus time here as these things will provide longevity for the game when the content gets old. Player housing specifically, I hope, will include a crafting aspect much like FO4 implemented, but better!
    MattFiror wrote:
    Now that our launch year(s) are behind us, we are planning to host fan events and parties based around major game shows like PAX East, PAX Prime, and Gamescom. We're still working on our exact show schedule, so stay tuned for details and start thinking about travel plans to come meet your fellow ESO community members, meet members of the development and community teams, and attend panels and discussions by developers.
    I'm seeing some sort of future sweepstakes here, free travel for 100 lucky winners? ;) hint hint
    MattFiror wrote:
    •We will not be adding in the previously discussed PvP component of the Justice System. The game's central concept of "PvP in PvP areas and be safe in safe areas" needs to stay the way it is.
    IMO you need to do something else with the JS then...it's not immersive enough and doesn't carry the weight of repercussion/realism that it should. I often feel like the "affluenza teen", where I commit the crime and simply buy my way out of it lol.
    MattFiror wrote:
    •As I am a regular PvP player (Azura's Star, NA), I am fully aware of the server responsiveness problems that can result when too many players fight in one area and use too many AoE abilities. This is a problem that needs many fixes - but the main challenge we face is that we can only test these fixes on the live servers, as it is impossible to simulate live conditions on our test servers. As we obviously cannot risk introducing new problems and side-effect issues on the live servers, we need to do these changes incrementally. We have introduced many tweaks over the last two months, including recent experiments with some server physics changes. These have helped, but not enough to alleviate the problem. Our next round of changes is going in shortly, so stay tuned for details. We will continue working on this problem until it is resolved.
    As @Crown posted earlier, a PTS test stress "event" seems like the logical solution here. even the idea of a "test" campaign on the live servers would suffice. Desperate times call for desperate measures as they say.
    MattFiror wrote:
    •Spellcrafting is on the back burner for now. It is a fun and interesting system, but it is not in our current plans to bring it to you in the coming year. We really like the design and what it contributes to the game, though, so we will do what we can in the future to make it happen and do it right.
    I want this, but I understand it's a difficult task to balance. Waiting patiently to craft my combo overload/standard/negate ulti
    MattFiror wrote:
    No message like this should be written without acknowledging the tremendous impact that you, the community, have had on the development of this game. Thank you so much for your feedback, your passion, and your skill at totally pwning me on the battlefields of Cyrodiil. The ESO community has truly found a voice in 2015, which can be seen in many “best of" awards that ESO won recently, such as MMORPG.com's “Best MMO of 2015" and the community led “Reader's Choice Best MMO of 2015", among many others.
    Gratz to you guys! seriously it's an amazing achievement, legendary!

Edited by Cuyler on January 14, 2016 1:35PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • HerrRhodes
    So will there be a way to gain skill points by hitting certain markers in the cp system? If so how will it work and if not what happens to the skill points we earned in vr ranks plus potential ones we did not earn yet. It would be unfair to have someone who was vr16 and have more skill points than previously vr9 me
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im somewhat dissapointed that we wont be seeing race change etc in Q1. Also, no spellcrafting in 2016 was a big dissapointment to me. I hope the vet ranks removal will happen before Q2 is over.

Good luck with the coming DLC's tho, they do sound exciting, but not really pvp content...wich is severely lacking in this game.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but don't understand what's likely to happen with gear; can someone help please?

My main is a lvl 16 with level 15/16 self-crafted gear. However, I only have 100 cps per character. Does this mean that my gear will become unusable?

Would like to know before I craft anything else!
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would like to know before I craft anything else!

Noone knows anything for sure as of yet.

These 1 gear lvl = 10 CP is a rough estimate from Rich Lambert weeks ago and has never pretended to be "the final thing".

So if you want to craft things wait at least until tomorrow's ESO Live, we'll know more by then. Maybe.

• Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In regards to the Social Updates, to do with Player Guilds, I would LOVE to see some kind of calendar implemented. With this, perhaps a new tab to display it within the guild, and you can then set events into it. All the guild members are then able to see the date and time of a meetup or any guild event.
    Also, another great idea that was brought up to me recently was having guild message boards in towns. Similar to the boards for crafting writs, but on these guild ones; players are able to see announcements or messages from other guild members. These additions would greatly add to the social aspect of Guilds!
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Bogdan_Kobzar
    Bogdan_Kobzar
    ✭✭✭
    post removed.
    Edited by Bogdan_Kobzar on January 30, 2016 4:40PM
    "Being honorable might make you a good man, but it doesn't make you right. Be a better world if it did."
    Be mindful of Community Rules
  • Sixthly
    Sixthly
    Just look at Guild Wars 2, it didn't get its first expansion until three years after launch and how many players joined and left the game during that time? They won't get them back, because those people have long since moved on to other games. MMOs have to be frequently updated in order to stay relevant.
    So I don't speak for you, but I'm sure I speak for a lot of other people, when I say that going 9 months without proper content updates is not great.

World of Warcraft is another great example of a game which is bleeding subscribers due to lack of content. The last content patch (Hellfire Citadel) was released in June 2015. The next content patch (Legion) is expected in September 2016. 15 months with no new content. The current expansion has gone from 10 million subscribers at launch, down to 5 million subscribers. This could be even lower, but Blizzard has announced they will no longer report subscribers.

I doubt Elder Scrolls Online would last this long without new content because it has less replayability. We really need arenas, battlegrounds, and better PvE progression. Even if they keep old content relevant by upgrading the difficulty and increasing the rewards it will help a bit. How long is this new, single trial supposed to last? It will become stale without something else to do.
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully nameplates will have more than an on/off switch. I'd really like to be able to select from one or more of the following:

Damaged
    Enemy
    Group/warband
    Guild
    Proximity slider?

And hopefully health bars could be controlled by the same logic or tied to nameplates