Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO – The Year Ahead"

• Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pff. More stalling and bad excuses on PvP lag. Just remove the freaking AOE caps for a few days and see how it'll be.

No Justice system PvP either, meh. Can't ruin the carebears immersion.
    Edited by Jhunn on January 12, 2016 7:38PM
    Gave up.
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    What will happen with those attribute points we got for veteran ranks?

You will now earn the extra attribute/skill points while leveling up from 1-50. Here's a quick chart to help explain it better

Level - Bonus Attribute/Skill Points
    5 - 1
    10 - 2
    15 - 1
    20 - 2
    25 - 1
    30 - 2
    35 - 1
    40 - 2
    45 - 1
    50 - 3
    Total 16

Note: This is different than what I posted in November last year. We've been iterating on the design for a bit now and this is a much more straightforward approach.

So if you are already 50 you will get these points given to you?
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Not releasing spellcrafting is, in my opinion, a huge mistake. It would have given the game an Elder Scrolls feel to it and bring some diversity it truly needs. I hope that even if they do not release spellcrafting they take those spells that were supposed to be in it and give them to future skill lines like: TG, DB, College of Winterhold (if put into the game) and more.
    I think this is what irks me most. There was nothing on the list to really wow or make me go "Oh my god, THAT's coming? Whooooo!" Once I saw "Spellcrafting" listed, I got really excited... until shortly after that was the statement it's not coming.

Out of everything discussed in the list nothing is really new other than console text chat. No discussion about the game's faultering in-game economy (which has been nerfed into Oblivion thanks to everything being "Bind on Pickup"), no discussion of releasing older sets with VR16 eqv. to help spur in-game build variety (I'm really sick of relying on Agility, Endurance or Willpower sets. Wrothgar added a few, but build diversity is still nerfed from IC's release).

Lots of great information, but nothing to get really excited about.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by Dominoid on January 12, 2016 7:55PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tallowby wrote: »
    Justice System News is really disheartening....

With the initial release of the justice system I was pumped as many were that the game would get more dynamic instead it becomes more lack luster with the promise yanked from beneath our feet.

As it stands now there are people running freely with bounties in the millions who even come here and complain that they can't turn in a quest because of such and your reply is "You can't? we will get right on a fix for that"

Just remove the legal system and go back to how the game was at launch or grow a pair and implement some of what you have promised!

I have played this since Beta and all I can say is this change is a potential pivot point for me.

Very disappointed with the flip flop on the legal system

I'm actually on the other side and quite relieved that Justice 2.0 won't be implemented. I have ZERO interest in PVP.

That said, the way the Justice System stands now, is rather lackluster. Basically, now most everything is owned, so you have to steal if you want to find your own recipes, motifs, etc. And, if you get caught, just pay your bounty or wait for it to disappear. Speaking of which, can't someone with a bounty in the millions just wait for it to go down? Or maybe they just don't want to wait that long.

Perhaps they could have implemented some system whereby you didn't have to deal with Enforcers unless you skipped town without paying your bounty. If they gave players a chance to pay their bounty to the guards first, so that PVP was kept out of the towns. Or, if someone who had a bounty above a certain level, they'd then be a target for Enforcers.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You will now earn the extra attribute/skill points while leveling up from 1-50. Here's a quick chart to help explain it better

5 - 1
    10 - 2
    15 - 1
    20 - 2
    25 - 1
    30 - 2
    35 - 1
    40 - 2
    45 - 1
    50 - 3
    Total 16

Note: This is different than what I posted in November last year. We've been iterating on the design for a bit now and this is a much more straightforward approach.

So, players that have yet to reach veteran ranks, will they be compensated for the bonus skill/attribute points they missed out on? So a level 17 would be compensated 4 skill/attribute points.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad to read that spellcrafting is on the backburner.

Any news on player housing and guild housing?

I think we all look forward to learning more about the "new gameplay elements" which will be introduced with the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood DLCs. Also, any news about the DLCs which are planned for Q3 and Q4?

Thank you, ZOS!
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
  • p1nhead
    p1nhead
    ✭✭
    What about Molag Bal issue? (Imperial City Sewers, Azura, EU).
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5 - 1
    10 - 2
    15 - 1
    20 - 2
    25 - 1
    30 - 2
    35 - 1
    40 - 2
    45 - 1
    50 - 3
    Total 16

OK, either Rich is doing his math wrong, or I am.

Since VR1 is the same as Level 50, there's only 15 extra skill points that you get from VR2 to VR16, right? So shouldn't we only get 2 additional points at level 50, and not 3 additional?
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about crafting? From VR1 to VR16 there are quite a lot of styles gave by the material used in crafting. Will the crafting system be reworked to fit more in the lvl 50 area?
  • BllyDnsr
    BllyDnsr
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to the changes and additions this year. One thing that I was hoping we'd get for Cyrodiil/PvP is the ability to belong to multiple groups or at least have the chat function be able to cross-over to multiple groups. For example, if we have a "General" leading a siege group, they're capped at 24 members so they could have their lieutenants create spec ops groups and have those lieutenants be able to be in the General's group as well as their own special ops groups to communicate strategy without the noise of area chat. I'm fairly new to PvP but I think this would help and I'm sure people will tell me if I'm crazy to want this or not LOL. Either way, that's my wish for this year :smile:
    Guildmaster of Obsidian Covenant.
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    jeskah wrote: »
    Damn, the spellcrafting drop was expected, but still, im dissapointed somehow.

It hasn't been dropped, all they're saying is that we won't see it introduced in a LONG time.
    Edited by elias.stormneb18_ESO on January 12, 2016 8:24PM
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As part of the long term character customization options, might faction change be in the works? Especially as the world opens up more, it feels like a natural option.
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    What is a character nameplate exactly?

A floating plate above your head displaying the characters name.

The difference between that and our current "nameplates", is that our current nameplates only shows up when you hover over your target. Normal, ordinary MMO nameplates (Like the ones they're talking about) are nameplates that are fixed above all characters heads, no matter the guy you target.

Aka, if you have 20 people on screen, all those 20 people will have a big fat plate above their heads displaying their names, and it moves with them.

... I don't want them, and here is why:
    s10m69.jpg
    Screenshot is stolen from google, but as a former wow player I can 100% confirm this is how it looks like.

Just pointing out for those that didn't play WoW. That's a very exaggerated screenshot. The only time I ever turned that on was because an NPC was being body blocked, and that was the easiest way to click on it. Default just shows your name, guild, and title. Though in ESO it would likely just be name and title. Also, it's completely optional based on whether or not you want to see it. That screenshot is like that because the person taking it turned it on, not because other people made a plate appear over their head. Completely misleading others for your personal agenda. Shame.
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for finally adding text chat! Been begging for this since the console beta. Better late then never!

They will be default on right?
  • Decayed_Inside
    Decayed_Inside
    ✭✭✭✭
    Text chat and scrolling dmg numbers on console, thank you guys so much. Now i feel much better about ESO
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very underwhelming. Hardly anything new, mostly just a re-write of old information.

The only real news is that the second part of the justice system is scrapped and spellcrafting is on the back burner (and, I suspect, will probably be scrapped as well). Very disappointing, spell crafting was one of the few things I was looking forward to.
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
  • LearnThis
    LearnThis
    ✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    and will be working on much more in 2016, including a major change in how world zones treat player character levels.

This was the most important part to me. I hope this means that returning to older zones will now be beneficial i.e player scaling up or down and giving the entire game a more 'open world' Scrolls feeling.

Also thanks for the update on the plans for the year, you really answered pretty much all my questions ;)

When I read that part, I had the hope of armor sets actually mattering from those zones. There are some cool armor sets that I would like to use at max level. If that becomes a possibility then I would be very excited. It would be nice for people to run different gear and not have just a very few sets that "everyone" is using. PLUS, this would bring back the market place because people could farm some of those sets and actually sell them since they are not part of this whole Bind on Pickup poop.
    PSN: LearnThis
    Bosmer Nightblade (Master Crafting, everything researched)
    Dunmer Dragonknight
    Breton Nightblade
    Breton Mage
    Argonian Templar
    Norn Dragonknight
    High Elf Dragonknight

Champion Points are capped

~I have completed Cadwell's Silver six times and Gold four times... Please do not tell me about the experience of leveling.~
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will we hear anything about classes rebalance on friday ESO Live?
  • Prospering
    Prospering
    ✭✭
    I was not too happy with what I read as primarily a pvp player. They mentioned that they cannot add a pvp portion to the justice system, yet did not add anything in turn for it. Seeing that a majority of the forums is focused on pvp, I really hope zos directs their ambitions to that component of the game, otherwise they will lose a fraction of their playerbase due to the lack of pvp content. Not everyone wants to play in the same-old Cyrodiil for the next months, as it can get quite repetitive. Even imperial city was a fail, I can search through the entire city and sewers on the most popular server (Azura's Star) finding only 3-4 players. They should really start their focus on a pvp arena/battleground, as it should be immensely more simple to make and rewarding to their playerbase rather than the vast lengths of pve content (entire zones). They can literally reskin maelstorm arena to make a pvp arena, when it takes much more work to create a completely new and large environment for pve.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answers regarding spellcrafting. It sounds really awesome(Lennie as a fire mage? Bring it). But also sounds easy to break >_<.
    Manoekin wrote: »

The difference between that and our current "nameplates", is that our current nameplates only shows up when you hover over your target. Normal, ordinary MMO nameplates (Like the ones they're talking about) are nameplates that are fixed above all characters heads, no matter the guy you target.

Aka, if you have 20 people on screen, all those 20 people will have a big fat plate above their heads displaying their names, and it moves with them.

s10m69.jpg
    Screenshot is stolen from google, but as a former wow player I can 100% confirm this is how it looks like.

Just pointing out for those that didn't play WoW. That's a very exaggerated screenshot. The only time I ever turned that on was because an NPC was being body blocked, and that was the easiest way to click on it. Default just shows your name, guild, and title. Though in ESO it would likely just be name and title. Also, it's completely optional based on whether or not you want to see it. That screenshot is like that because the person taking it turned it on, not because other people made a plate appear over their head. Completely misleading others for your personal agenda. Shame.
    Only time I've seen things like that is when an expansion was released and something glitched. Thinking the alliance starting quest of Pandaria.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Drelkag
    Drelkag
    ✭✭✭
    The mere mention of player housing has made me look forward to the future of this game.
    @drelkag on the NA server
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drelkag wrote: »
    The mere mention of player housing has made me look forward to the future of this game.
    Long after players get tired of combat and fighting, things like player housing and other social aspects can help keep interest in a game long term. So yeah, definitely looking forward to that.
  • Navithra
    Navithra
    ✭✭✭
    Wanted to say that I- and several friends- are having a lot of fun after returning. Reading this has cemented several of us staying for the next year. Thank you for the update, and thanks for the game!
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

s10m69.jpg

Exaggerated?

Remember the times of 40 man raids? Or the famous Faction Leader achievements? Thats how it literally where when you turned on nameplates and healthbars, as the screenshot showcases.

Now imagen this in cyrodiil, two zergs of 24 guys as we delightfully know them, they will all crash together spamming all their wonderful AOE's that we all so dearly love. I have no single doubt that the ESO version of Nameplates, is going to look even worse than the screenshot above, thanks to the way eso is played in PvP.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Woodoochill
    Woodoochill
    ✭✭✭
    Some people here said justice system would interupt their peacefull leveling and questing... Well its true BUT its justice system, right from its name u should be able to guess what it should look like when u steal or murder something/one. So easily if you dont want to be hunted for stealing and murdering, just avoid it... Exploitable? If you would add time delay on someones head according how many eyes would see his crime I dont know how people would exploit it anymore... Anyway its definetly something that seems to me as CORE feature to thieves guild and dark brotherhood DLCs coming.

SpellCrafting... Im not happy to see pushing this away either...You can look on it as something that is definetly not common in mmo games so bringing this out would attract attention of many new souls aside of all its awesomeness.

and one more thing... Voice chat on PC... but this is not right topic for it
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about Horse Racing!! :D

Seriously, the postponement of spellcrafting is a disappointment, though I hope the length of time in its development leads to a truly refined and elegant system when it finally does arrive. I envision spellcrafting to be an extension of all the crafting specialties, post level 50. How many of us have reached level 50 in crafting, and do not gain benefits from researching materials any longer. I would like to see the spellcrafting as a means of bringing the intricacies of magical elements into our traditional crafting specialties, adding new, player-customized powers and effects.
    Edited by Caroloces on January 12, 2016 9:52PM
  • LearnThis
    LearnThis
    ✭✭✭
    Could someone please direct me to an article or explain the whole idea of spellcrafting and how it would look in this game?
    PSN: LearnThis
    Bosmer Nightblade (Master Crafting, everything researched)
    Dunmer Dragonknight
    Breton Nightblade
    Breton Mage
    Argonian Templar
    Norn Dragonknight
    High Elf Dragonknight

Champion Points are capped

~I have completed Cadwell's Silver six times and Gold four times... Please do not tell me about the experience of leveling.~
  • tyrianpimp
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Zos...i can not tell you what this means to me and a large portion of player base in sure. Please continue to give us future plans and current projects. Matter of fact I really wish you would keep players informed more over time instead of one massive write-up of plans. There are a few other small things (like templar charge...still) that I hope you are planning and wish you would give insight to. The write up you just posted has cemented my dedication and my wife's for this next year. My only complaint about the champion system is and will remain STOP GEAR GATING US, we are not playing a grind MMO. The small grind that's is needed is the grind to get new and interesting gear sets. I do not like outleveling old content like DSA, trials, craglorn, or the idea of outleveling wrothgar. Gear gating post level fifty through champion points takes away from theorycrafting due to not having as many options available. It also reduces the headache for you to not have to give more powerful gear, but more OPTIONS, that is what theorycrafting is, and that is what this game was about in the first year, when v16 was introduced, our options fell out the window, and forced us to regrind for gear we already grinded for...very off putting for a large majority of players...thank you for this write up and please continue to give us updates for the best mmorpg on the market! Maybe a few buddies will come back who I haven't seen in months!

long as it doesnt turn into gw2! sucks not having anything to grind for. i like the gear grind which is why i loved wow.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    LearnThis wrote: »
    I know I read about the character customization but I did not see the word "race" in there. Was there a reason that was not spoken of or at least mentioned?

Race changes are part of the current character re-customization design.

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post