The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PVP Lag - Fights unplayable

• sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Teargrants wrote: »
    PURPLE245 wrote: »
    i always see this why is pvp laby blah blah maybe pvp would nto bee so laggy is there was not 50+man group running arounf destroying the damn game i dont care what game or what engine it is if you have that many people button mashing skills you cant expect 60fps and 60 ping there is just no *** chance at all thats a thing maybe in 20 years when tech can handle it
    Or, maybe the future is 2 years ago. Behold, 2014!

Each of those videos feature an eso population that is 99.9% total noob. IMO, the command rate and CPU utilization per player are now MUCH higher.

I do buy the theory that security functions such as anti-bot may have reduced performance. I believe the AE cap changes introduced in 1.6 have also reduced server performance. But so too has the easy sustain gameplay introduced with 1.6 combined with a much more experienced playerbase.

"We wrote the code and now people are using it" - thats your version huh?
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Tali was back...

Brilliant that this has been necro'd at least once a year.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »

It's interesting thread. Ppl who posted here originally either left already or they sound actually more content now than they did back then. Probably already gave up hope for any improvment.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »

It's interesting thread. Ppl who posted here originally either left already or they sound actually more content now than they did back then. Probably already gave up hope for any improvment.

Yeah we were just saying in TS over the weekend how we actually get excited when ping is between 300-500... something seriously wrong with that picture. We've become conditioned to it like salivating dogs. When ping is between 600-1500 on average @ prime time, 400 doesn't seem that bad!

@Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert Get.This.Fixed.

Your product isn't going to have much longevity if the end game content runs like this.
    'Chaos
  • MountainHound
    MountainHound
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »

Yeah we were just saying in TS over the weekend how we actually get excited when ping is between 300-500... something seriously wrong with that picture. We've become conditioned to it like salivating dogs. When ping is between 600-1500 on average @ prime time, 400 doesn't seem that bad!

@Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert Get.This.Fixed.

Your product isn't going to have much longevity if the end game content runs like this.

You lucky ***.
  • Frostylt1987
    Frostylt1987
    Soul Shriven
    Teargrants wrote: »
    PURPLE245 wrote: »
    i always see this why is pvp laby blah blah maybe pvp would nto bee so laggy is there was not 50+man group running arounf destroying the damn game i dont care what game or what engine it is if you have that many people button mashing skills you cant expect 60fps and 60 ping there is just no *** chance at all thats a thing maybe in 20 years when tech can handle it
    Or, maybe the future is 2 years ago. Behold, 2014!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-BhwhwX38o
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bShN6OorF6U
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DV9TwsosyI

OMG!!! this is what we are talking about.. make skill restricts if you want, but lets us play in that big pvp group. Or shut down the game and it will be easier for us to quit :) no more complains, we win - save money and time, and you win - you will stop being giant ***, ZoS :)
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main issue's always been the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hyK9tLzG5o
    :]