The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PVP Lag - Fights unplayable

Malveria
Malveria
✭✭✭✭
As long as it's an issue, I'll keep making these threads.

We. Can't. Play. Just had a fight over BRK flags that was just two groups trying to our-lag one another.

When this game first released, the lag was fine, tolerable. Whatever they did with that first big patch broke it with the FPS issue.

Now we can't fight with triple locked pop and big fights. It's like fighting in a *** slideshow.

Stop distracting us with shiny PVE content. Fix your PVP servers. This is gonna kill your PVP game.
Edited by Malveria on October 29, 2014 2:58AM
Venatus
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in the NW tower at Chalman about 15 mins ago, red vs blue vs yellow and i couldnt get my ultimate to fire at all, every attack was delayed 10+ seconds, i couldnt even heal or potion when i started taking damage.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They've already driven away at least half the PvPers, they're trying to oust the rest of us. Lighting improvements= Cyrodiil slideshow. If they actually want to fix PvP, they should start by removing that. The management of this game is the worst of any business I've ever seen, not just for games.

rip decibel
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the broken animation bug I experience actually eliminates all the lag. On chillrend my whole group switched back over to Haderus because the lag was so bad but my framerate hadn't changed at all yet my animations are broken.

I'll be interested to see how things are after 1.5 when they supposedly fix this bug.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, after beta testing and non stop playing since early access, I am pretty much done for now. Sub runs out soon, havent bothered playing much the past week, and wont renew my sub. Cyrodiil is a complete joke. I still get 10 fps, crashes every 20 minutes, and endless loading screens.

As a person that really wanted ESO to succeed, I've pretty much given up.

It's like they put all of issues from the past 7 months, and put them into one big patch, resulting into an unplayable Cyrodiil.
    Edited by ThyIronFist on October 29, 2014 9:30PM
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
    Options
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logged in last night into thorn, started playing. Died very quickly last night, couldn't do a damn thing, so much lag.

Left Cyrodiil and did some questing. *yawn
    Edited by kijima on October 29, 2014 9:56PM
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a Siphon Blade Tank that I'm working on as an alt.

Must... Get... Siphoning... To... 38.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a Siphon Blade Tank that I'm working on as an alt.

Must... Get... Siphoning... To... 38.

have fun the next week with that:)
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blame the impulse monkey spammers. They contribute to this.
    Options
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a fight of about 20v20 yesterday evening, with no lag at all.

On the other hand a couple of days ago I was involved in a 70v80 siege which was pretty much a stop-motion experience.

So: If you don't want lag go don't go where the zerg goes.
    Options
  • capcody
    capcody
    ✭✭✭
    pvp is not playable. before i enter a battle im way over 80 fps, when get in a 10v10 + its a slide show. half the time i die is due to fps slide show below 20. overclocking gpu/cpu and sli. low graphix or ultra nothing helps. its eso sht pvp server. if its not that its the cluster ball of players lagging the server out with net spikes.
    Edited by capcody on November 1, 2014 4:16AM
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a few weeks break , then come back. It's shocking how bad the servers are 7 months in. Before my break I had gotten used to the lag and delay. Playing again tonight let me know it's not ok, it's a damn shame.
    Options
  • TRIP233
    TRIP233
    ✭✭✭
    Malveria wrote: »

We. Can't. Play. Just had a fight over BRK flags that was just two groups trying to our-lag one another.

When this game first released, the lag was fine, tolerable. Whatever they did with that first big patch broke it with the FPS issue.

Now we can't fight with triple locked pop and big fights. It's like fighting in a *** slideshow.

Stop distracting us with shiny PVE content. Fix your PVP servers. This is gonna kill your PVP game.

They did do something to fix this. They added a new campaign. What is the name of this mysterious campaign, you ask? Why it's called Azura's Star! Instead of complaining about it, why don't you go to Azura's Star where it's ripe for the picking.
    Options
  • Phaedrus
    Phaedrus
    ✭✭✭
    PvP is broken beyond belief. So bad and seems like no hope for improvement. 1.5 on Monday is breaking oils which will make it even worse.

Honestly does anyone see any chance of PvP improving?
    Phaedrus Wolf
    Options
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonight defending Arrius was just dumb..I could shoot venom arrow but not snipe..I'd aim up in the air...and wait...and wait...and wait..and by the time it went off my target had moved on..my buffs were gone.. I'm really surprised we defended Arrius successfully to be honest.
    Options
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TRIP233 wrote: »
    Malveria wrote: »

They did do something to fix this. They added a new campaign. What is the name of this mysterious campaign, you ask? Why it's called Azura's Star! Instead of complaining about it, why don't you go to Azura's Star where it's ripe for the picking.

Adding a campaign is not a fix for their servers not being able to handle their own freaking game.

rip decibel
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you like face rolling a skill over and over again, have at it. sorry it's causing lag. get over it. Monkey spammers unite! You only have your chromosomes to lose. Lol noticed you are from AD. Predictable. again, if you like to monkey spam, have at it. we will still deride that mindless play style.
    Edited by ZOS_MatM on August 7, 2015 12:05AM
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phaedrus wrote: »
    PvP is broken beyond belief. So bad and seems like no hope for improvement. 1.5 on Monday is breaking oils which will make it even worse.

Yeah 1.5. They are fixing oil. I'm sure the performance will still be god awful though...
    Edited by TheBull on November 1, 2014 7:19AM
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not impulse, it's the 24 bad players all stacked around spamming impulse that's doing it.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Content]

Edited by ZOS_MatM on August 7, 2015 12:54AM
    Options
  • Malveria
    Malveria
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as people persist in targeting and blaming a single ability - that everyone can use and is not actually the cause of the problem. People are too busy attacking one another rather than holding them accountable.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on bashing comments]
    Edited by ZOS_MatM on August 7, 2015 12:36AM
    Venatus
    Options
  • Aranweh
    Aranweh
    Yep
    Pvp is unplayable in this game that's why i stopped it :(
    Waiting for….. Xmas?
    Options
  • james_vestbergb16_ESO
    I play on Azura's star, and it can lag just as bad as Thornblade believe me. Funny thing is I can have horrible lag even when all factions are at low pop, and sometimes I have less lag when all factions are locked. Also sometimes my friends have no lag when I lag and vice versa.

Options
  • jkirchner71ub17_ESO2
    The server doesn't need to be population locked that is the sad part. Many keep suggesting players should move to another server, which may solve the issue UNTIL everyone converges on a location to fight in a big battle and then it is all downhill. Although it might put a band aid on the population imbalances it will not solve this lag fest we all get when we try and recreate one of those epic battles Zeni showed us in all those pre-launch shiny promo videos of Alliance War.

Moreover Impulse Spamming has nothing to do with it, I am seeing piles of Blockades being laid down now as players try to find the secret to the one shot damage bug/exploit on this skill. So tired of the "impulse spamming monkeys" comments, particularly by one player on these forums. And for the record I don't use the skill, let alone much of anything in Destruction Staff. But to blame one skill as the cause to any woes in Cyrodiil, which is what you do, is just pathetic. It isn't just AD either my friend, take off your blinders - my death recap tells me plenty are using it including your own alliance. Last night I died to numerous EP zergs with swarms and impulse but I'm not going to obsess over it as it is not the cause of the issue at hand, it is Zeni's failure to deliver the epic battles it showed us in pre-launch videos.
    Edited by jkirchner71ub17_ESO2 on November 1, 2014 2:50PM
    MAIN
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Torroch, VR14 Orc DK Rank 22, Officer in Maelstrom
    Once again looking for an organized PvP guild to join - viva la Venatus

NON-PvP Alts
    Ebonheart Pact
    Torach, VR12 Orc Sorcerer, GM House of the Tamriel Ten
    Torrach, VR8 Orc Templar, House of the Tamriel Ten (older brother of Torach)
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course people from AD are tired of the impulse monkey spamming comments. their precious skellie group is notorious for spamming it. They've infested EP now. EP used to be fun to fight.

Yes, as I've said many times, DC does it too. I call out my own factions when I see them impulse monkey spamming. friends don't let friends impulse monkey spam. Be human instead.
    Edited by Columba on November 1, 2014 5:29PM
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The server doesn't need to be population locked that is the sad part. Many keep suggesting players should move to another server, which may solve the issue UNTIL everyone converges on a location to fight in a big battle and then it is all downhill. Although it might put a band aid on the population imbalances it will not solve this lag fest we all get when we try and recreate one of those epic battles Zeni showed us in all those pre-launch shiny promo videos of Alliance War.

Moreover Impulse Spamming has nothing to do with it, I am seeing piles of Blockades being laid down now as players try to find the secret to the one shot damage bug/exploit on this skill. So tired of the "impulse spamming monkeys" comments, particularly by one player on these forums. And for the record I don't use the skill, let alone much of anything in Destruction Staff. But to blame one skill as the cause to any woes in Cyrodiil, which is what you do, is just pathetic. It isn't just AD either my friend, take off your blinders - my death recap tells me plenty are using it including your own alliance. Last night I died to numerous EP zergs with swarms and impulse but I'm not going to obsess over it as it is not the cause of the issue at hand, it is Zeni's failure to deliver the epic battles it showed us in pre-launch videos.

Again, its not directly Impulse's fault..However it is being used by the people lagging the server..It isn't someone DoSing the server, its a bunch of baddies standing all in one spot spamming AoE's..This has been proven countless times to be the cause.
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    Phaedrus wrote: »

Yeah 1.5. They are fixing oil. I'm sure the performance will still be god awful though...

Nope. They are breaking it. Oil was one of the few things that would help a small group fend of a larger attacking force spamming AoEs.

Everyone that loves to nightcap and PvDoor is going to love the change to oils because it will be much harder to repel an attacking force now and for no good reason? Immersion? "Oil Farming" that only noobs die to?

If you die to oils consistently you are either not paying attention or forgot where you put your purge button.
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    GJ bananas >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnqI9GM0E8Q

whereevery you go, there will be lag upon us. Although i can not understand how that is supposed to be fun playing
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its tons of aps ... versus other methods.. thats why people are doing it... I would say make aoe interuptable imo.. or increased cost after so many casts... damage brought down by 40% ....or all aoe is dot damage no instant....maybe put an aoe castable desease in one of the lines with an 30 sec limmunity after used...gtaoe blow up of 10 meters with a an increase of duration based off how many targets you hit 1 target .5 secs... up to 3 secs with 6 targets affected...

Edited by Durham on November 2, 2014 8:55PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Its tons of aps ... versus other methods.. thats why people are doing it... I would say make aoe interuptable imo.. or increased cost after so many casts... damage brought down by 40% ....or all aoe is dot damage no instant....maybe put an aoe castable desease in one of the lines with an 30 sec limmunity after used...gtaoe blow up of 10 meters with a an increase of duration based off how many targets you hit 1 target .5 secs... up to 3 secs with 6 targets affected...

I would put a cooldown on it to prevent monkey spamming. I would also reduce the output or impact.

Options
  • serenenightmare
    serenenightmare
    ✭✭✭
    Roebeck, first day of campaign, sealed the massive AD zerg inside, DC and AD running back and forth between the two flags for about 30 minutes. God Bless Lagblade.
    v14 Sorcerer: Aerendyl Merith
    Former Empress of Volendrung, first cycle.
    Former Empress of Thornblade, fourth cycle.
    v14 Templar: Aeren-chan
    v1 Dragonknight: Aelrindel Merith
    v1 Nightblade: Arendelle Merith
    No Mercy.
    Aeren Cartel, Best Drugs North America
    Options
  • omnii
    omnii
    Soul Shriven
    this is my 27th complaint about the extreme lag in pvp. It's a digital cluster *** of losing our Ultimate, not being able to engage in 5vs5/30vs30 combat. this is hands down the worst and best pvp I've ever played. if these ppl cared at all about there pvp play they need to address this ASAP. 100s of ppl are leaving pvp daily because this nonsense. I just became one due to the massive amount of frustration ive put up with . It's just to annoying. is anyone lIsting?
    Options