The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PVP Lag - Fights unplayable

• vichoi
    vichoi
    ✭✭✭
    Which platform are u playing?
    I've transfer from PC to PS4, i used to have lag and crash in PC, but PS4 version just a lot worst.
    Used to lag and crash when there are 20 players on the screen in PC, but in PS4 it start to lag when 10 players on the screen, the whole PVP experience is a nightmare.
    My guild used to have more than 100 ppl, now there's only less then 20 players online, half of them just rage and quit because the PVP part is unplayable. I'm also considering going back to PC version even that mean a waste of couple months of gaming hours.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thread necromancy, or what!?
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • JacksonCarter13
    JacksonCarter13
    ✭✭✭
    They are never going to fix it. It's obvious at this point is it not ?
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thread necromancy, or what!?

The irony is the OP started playing again the other night.
    - Mojican
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flawless necro
  • Frostylt1987
    Frostylt1987
    Soul Shriven
    Still impossible to play.... have developers even responded to us? what will they do? haven't hear any promises, do you?
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game is just broken
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still impossible to play.... have developers even responded to us? what will they do? haven't hear any promises, do you?

I believe they said they are looking into it.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's honestly disgusting that the game is left in this condition. I completely agree with everything you said. I'm currently in first for EP on Azura's and the fights there are literally NOT FUN AT ALL at primetime. Total slideshows - can't use my skills, can't swap weapons, can't heal, can't drop ultimate, can barely even dodgeroll to get out of things. Just end up lagging out and dying to enormous blobs of colors and not even knowing how it happened.

The time and energy it takes to get into a position where you can get emp, only to have it ruined by the fact that no one wants to play on that server in prime time is abhorrent. My guild doesn't want to play there, my friends don't want to play there, no one does. And now Haderus is on the fast track to becoming all too similar to Azuras. The common theme is not the people who play this game - its the game itself. We can constantly all run around and blame each other for lag and this and that but at the end of the day, ZOS just needs to fix their game or we're all about to be on the BDO/CU forums having a grand old time.

EDIT: You know what's even more disgusting is I just realized this was a necro'd thread and it's OP was OCTOBER 2014. SAME PROBLEMS IN JANUARY 2016. smfh
    Edited by Jules on January 10, 2016 9:24PM
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • PosternHouse
    PosternHouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only reason any of us are still here are because we have no other realm vs realm options at the moment. The moment there is a viable alternative to this, rest assured there will be a sudden interest at ZoS in fixing their server performance issues. This is not a consumer-oriented company, ala CD Projekt Red. This is purely business. If they are getting our money, they don't care. It's partially our fault for not just cutting our subscriptions and never spending another dollar on this game, because we're basically funding all of this.
  • Keiryan
    Keiryan
    ✭✭✭
    Lol @ the fact this thread is from October 2014 and the game is still just as bad @ZoS
    Keiryan / Yuluka / Keir Jong-Un
    Glorious Leader of North DC and The K-Hole
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    It's honestly disgusting that the game is left in this condition. I completely agree with everything you said. I'm currently in first for EP on Azura's and the fights there are literally NOT FUN AT ALL at primetime. Total slideshows - can't use my skills, can't swap weapons, can't heal, can't drop ultimate, can barely even dodgeroll to get out of things. Just end up lagging out and dying to enormous blobs of colors and not even knowing how it happened.

The time and energy it takes to get into a position where you can get emp, only to have it ruined by the fact that no one wants to play on that server in prime time is abhorrent. My guild doesn't want to play there, my friends don't want to play there, no one does. And now Haderus is on the fast track to becoming all too similar to Azuras. The common theme is not the people who play this game - its the game itself. We can constantly all run around and blame each other for lag and this and that but at the end of the day, ZOS just needs to fix their game or we're all about to be on the BDO/CU forums having a grand old time.

EDIT: You know what's even more disgusting is I just realized this was a necro'd thread and it's OP was OCTOBER 2014. SAME PROBLEMS IN JANUARY 2016. smfh

Whats even funnier is that id rather have the game in the state it was in when the thread was created then what we have right now. Its THAT bad....
    :]
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason any of us are still here are because we have no other realm vs realm options at the moment. The moment there is a viable alternative to this, rest assured there will be a sudden interest at ZoS in fixing their server performance issues. This is not a consumer-oriented company, ala CD Projekt Red. This is purely business. If they are getting our money, they don't care. It's partially our fault for not just cutting our subscriptions and never spending another dollar on this game, because we're basically funding all of this.

I'm certainly not spending another cent until they convince me otherwise. And tbh, so far they doing everything to prove me right on this one
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Couldnt agree more. We (well im not now but i did pay for few months of sub back in the days) are in fact enablers, we encourage incompetent, shortsighted development.
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can thank Crowns group for lagging out Azuras today. They need to run 2-3 24 people groups to do anything.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tomato wrote: »
    You can thank Crowns group for lagging out Azuras today. They need to run 2-3 24 people groups to do anything.

lol
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Tomato wrote: »

lol

The AD Zerg was big. And the lag did follow. I lol'd, too.
  • PURPLE245
    PURPLE245
    ✭✭✭
    i always see this why is pvp laby blah blah maybe pvp would nto bee so laggy is there was not 50+man group running arounf destroying the damn game i dont care what game or what engine it is if you have that many people button mashing skills you cant expect 60fps and 60 ping there is just no *** chance at all thats a thing maybe in 20 years when tech can handle it
    ↓♛The Fam♛↓
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    AD/High Elf-NB=Chip-D-I-P-S
    AD/High Elf-Sorc=Why Play
    AD/High Elf-Templar=Star Bucks
    AD/High Elf-DK=D-I-P-S
    DC/Orc-DK=Super Nub
    AD/Wood Elf-Templar=L M A O
    AD/Wood Elf-NB=ßoß
    AD/Wood Elf-sorc=Tarzan
    EP/Argonian-dk=Swimming Like A Shark
    PC☜═㋡630+cp ㋡═☞EU
    User ID=@PURPLE97
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    PURPLE245 wrote: »
    i always see this why is pvp laby blah blah maybe pvp would nto bee so laggy is there was not 50+man group running arounf destroying the damn game i dont care what game or what engine it is if you have that many people button mashing skills you cant expect 60fps and 60 ping there is just no *** chance at all thats a thing maybe in 20 years when tech can handle it

You must be new to ESO. It was not like this back in 1.3

• Stikato
    Stikato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what a game in maintenance mode looks like.

There are still some fun moments to be hard for sure, but I'm sure all of us find it difficult to believe any of this will ever get significantly better. Enjoy the good times, and try not to think too much about the game as whole.

Edited by Stikato on January 10, 2016 10:50PM
    Mordimus - Stam Sorc
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The reason we're still here is because we love what it used to be so much. You need to fix this ZOS, we're all hanging on like badly treated partners in a relationship. We'll end up leaving eventually.
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    October 2014...
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised we're still all so loyal.

The combat system and "Elder Scrolls" name make us stick around, but ZoS has clearly shown that...well, I'll get another forum warning if I complete that sentence.

feelsbadman
    Elong wrote: »
    The reason we're still here is because we love what it used to be so much. You need to fix this ZOS, we're all hanging on like badly treated partners in a relationship. We'll end up leaving eventually.

^ Oh, saw this after I wrote my post. Right on. This is exactly how I feel.

:disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:
    Edited by KenaPKK on January 11, 2016 12:11AM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Karamis_Vimardon
    Karamis_Vimardon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I came for the gameplay, I stay for the people. I honestly feel sorry for Wheeler as most of the stuff causing lag isn't in his department.

Come CU, BDO, Star Citizen, and others being released we'll truly see just how disappointed everyone is in this mockery called PvP and ZoS will be remembered as a company that promised satin and gave us s**t.
    PC NA

Karamis Vimardon, DC Templar (Magplar)
    Netara, DC Nightblade (Stamblade)
    Karamis, DC Sorc (Magicka)
    Hãderus, EP Templar (Healbot)
    Mr Twinkle-Toes, DC DK (Tank)

game
    noun: game;
    plural noun: games
    1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.
    2. an activity that one engages in for amusement.
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >see this thread bumped

>think Tali is back

>be sad

I8QlqUVh.jpeg
  • Frostylt1987
    Frostylt1987
    Soul Shriven
    Small comparison: Planetside 2 can handle it easy (many people, no lag). Eso - can't. The game play of elder scrolls online is really unique. It's fun to create your own character just like you want it, i don't know any other game that would have any thing like this. And pvp is amazing, it really is. And the only issue is the lag and persons that "are looking in to". Maybe developers consider selling the game to someone else, maybe then the pvp will be stable. You can take away Orsinium if you like, I would trade no lag pvp for it and pay a bit more even.

Making different servers just for pvp and scaling smaller people count maybe would salve the problem, but Zeni is probably busy taking 40 euro for rare motifs in crown store... give them money and you will have beautiful character, that can stay still and look good... Do we need that?... Doubt...
  • LazyLewis
    LazyLewis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Completely 100% agreed. I dint understand how their end game content can have such a lack of care. It okays though guys! They will probably release another trial!
    DC - Chunky Nurse - Chunky Ninja - Chunky Dragon - Fabulously Chunky
    AD - Chunky Nurse - Ashenn - Yorkshire Pudding
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting to get my $1 mil then i'm out.
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or, maybe the future is 2 years ago. Behold, 2014!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-BhwhwX38o
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bShN6OorF6U
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DV9TwsosyI
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Or, maybe the future is 2 years ago. Behold, 2014!

Each of those videos feature an eso population that is 99.9% total noob. IMO, the command rate and CPU utilization per player are now MUCH higher.

I do buy the theory that security functions such as anti-bot may have reduced performance. I believe the AE cap changes introduced in 1.6 have also reduced server performance. But so too has the easy sustain gameplay introduced with 1.6 combined with a much more experienced playerbase.
    Edited by zyk on January 11, 2016 10:11AM