The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Refine tempers, now!

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »
    Morozov wrote: »
    Mike0987 wrote: »
    What! just because there are 1000000000:1 --- Ta:Kuta in the game. What would you do without all those Ta... Someone actually bought a stack of Ta off the trader yesterday. They must be thinking that they would get good xp gains from such an amount (heh).

I think people undervalue the Ta's for what they truly are. People with new accounts/characters still need to level enchanting. Ta's are the best way to do this.

No they aren't. I use Denatas and Rekutas.

Agreed. If you use Tas to level enchanting, it's going to take quite a bit longer and will use up way too many potencies and essences. I'm only guessing here and this is probably WAY off, but it would potentially take 10-20x more runes per level if you used just Tas. That's 10-20 more potency and essence runes that you've wasted. Even using Jejotas would be better. I've got way too many of them as well.

Tas are really only useful for the writs, as the writs only want white glyphs and occasionally ask for Ta as the rune.

EDIT:
    llSRRll wrote: »
    If you have all these tempers laying around why not just make armor or weapons and sell them on the market? This is what Ive been doing so I gladly buy a lot of green and blue tempers. I'm on PS4 so maybe thats why selling armor and weapons is profitable but I cant see it being too different on the other platforms.

I'm on XB and can't really sell any gear unless it's traited gear that people are buying for research. Crafting specific set gear and selling it in the guild store is tricky, since you're gambling that you're crafting a set someone wants with the exact trait that they want.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on December 9, 2015 7:54PM
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Agreed. If you use Tas to level enchanting, it's going to take quite a bit longer and will use up way too many potencies and essences. I'm only guessing here and this is probably WAY off, but it would potentially take 10-20x more runes per level if you used just Tas. That's 10-20 more potency and essence runes that you've wasted. Even using Jejotas would be better. I've got way too many of them as well.

Tas are really only useful for the writs, as the writs only want white glyphs and occasionally ask for Ta as the rune.

Folks should just be glad that Enchanting got a super buff a while back. I burned through so many runes just making them and giving them away to level up, when enchanting was the hard skill to learn. I used everything I could find for months to get to 50. With the same amount of effort I could do it in a few days now.

Edit: dang quote mishap
    Edited by Casdha on December 10, 2015 6:03AM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Angel1ne
    Angel1ne
    100000000 ta:1 kuta? Yesterday I found 3 kuta and today I found 2 kuta just by walking around for half an hour... only found 10 ta or so both times. No idea what to do with kuta by now, but I keep them safe because they must be good for something in time...
    Ps4 EU server AD VR 15
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angel1ne wrote: »
    100000000 ta:1 kuta? Yesterday I found 3 kuta and today I found 2 kuta just by walking around for half an hour... only found 10 ta or so both times. No idea what to do with kuta by now, but I keep them safe because they must be good for something in time...

Where?! For the love of all that's good, where?

Lol, seriously though, I've only found rekuta, no kuta yet. Only my hirelings have brought me a few...

I would LOVE to find a kuta tonight.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • mrdankles
    mrdankles
    ✭✭✭
    Would be awesome. This is ZOS we talking about, they love to waste our time trying to get yellows and purples!
  • Angel1ne
    Angel1ne
    I am vet 1 at the moment and just went back to my starters island kenarthi's roost. That's where I found them. I can even tell which rune specific that gave me more than once a kuta ...
    Ps4 EU server AD VR 15
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angel1ne wrote: »

Where?! For the love of all that's good, where?

Lol, seriously though, I've only found rekuta, no kuta yet. Only my hirelings have brought me a few...

I would LOVE to find a kuta tonight.

I pick mine up in Craglorn, just because I know the routes like the back of my hand. When there are not a lot of folks there I pick up every rune as I go so it will have a chance to respawn as an Aspect rune, that way more of a chance finding one on my next lap. If there are a lot of folks there I don't waist my time because my next lap all I will find are essence anyway.

Edit: picked up 5 kutas and 13 rekutas in the last two days (about an hour or a little more a night).
    Edited by Casdha on December 11, 2015 6:05AM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Morozov
    Morozov
    ✭✭✭
    What! just because there are 1000000000:1 --- Ta:Kuta in the game. What would you do without all those Ta... Someone actually bought a stack of Ta off the trader yesterday. They must be thinking that they would get good xp gains from such an amount (heh).

I think people undervalue the Ta's for what they truly are. People with new accounts/characters still need to level enchanting. Ta's are the best way to do this.

to level enchanting? im hoping you're joking cause I have some property on the moon I want to sell you.

They may not give as much exp as a denata or rekuta, but from a cost standpoint I would resell the rekutas before leveling with them
    AD
    Victorem
    PC - NA - AZ
    Vr 16: Morozov - DK
    Vr 1: Zephyr Grimm - Sorc
    Vr 5: Sad_Bunnie - Templar
    23: Repressed-Canadian-Rage - NB
    Voted "Most likely to squirrel off the crown" PC-NA
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely garbage.

EDIT: Sorry, thought it said "define templars"
    Edited by Alucardo on December 11, 2015 7:07PM
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    i see some are agree some dont. the ideea was not to make all people having legenday gear, coz i dont think u can get 500 greens pretty easily and for 1 yellow when u need 8 for 1 gear, assuming u have 10 items all in blacksmithing 8x10x500=40.000, and maybe u need purple gear at level 14 aswell :D
    anyways the thing was that i could get rid of these items in a usefull way

PS
    oh and ive been farming aspect runes for days 40-50 nodes maybe and no kuta, remeber it was dropping more before the Orsinium patch

I seem to get Kuta's fairly often from enchanting writs, on console greens and blues sell reasonably well. 100 gold for a green 500 for a blue. I usually list some once I have a half stack (100).
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »
    i see some are agree some dont. the ideea was not to make all people having legenday gear, coz i dont think u can get 500 greens pretty easily and for 1 yellow when u need 8 for 1 gear, assuming u have 10 items all in blacksmithing 8x10x500=40.000, and maybe u need purple gear at level 14 aswell :D
    anyways the thing was that i could get rid of these items in a usefull way

PS
    oh and ive been farming aspect runes for days 40-50 nodes maybe and no kuta, remeber it was dropping more before the Orsinium patch

I seem to get Kuta's fairly often from enchanting writs, on console greens and blues sell reasonably well. 100 gold for a green 500 for a blue. I usually list some once I have a half stack (100).

Thank you for the info, insightful for you, to the guild store!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Trihugger
    Trihugger
    ✭✭✭
    This would be amazing.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

to level enchanting? im hoping you're joking cause I have some property on the moon I want to sell you.

They may not give as much exp as a denata or rekuta, but from a cost standpoint I would resell the rekutas before leveling with them

I use Rekuta only for lvling up in enchanting. Here is why, the v15 potencies I use to lvl up with cost double as much as a Rekuta, so it's cheap.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I level my alts too with denatas'n rekutas. What else you can do, when you have thousand of them? :mrgreen: Dumping to market would only crash the prices. Exactly what kind of property we talk about onna moon? Jove or Jode?

I like the OP idea. It's better than using Ta as senche litter.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beesting wrote: »
    I remember when rekuta sold for 850 gold and kuta for 3 k

Now rekuta sells for 300 and kuta for 10 k

Changes to hirelings never giving kuta anymore and probably to blame, using rekuta was a great way to level up enchanting on your alts fast, i guess now nobody bothers with this anymore

It is also has to do with the fact that now V15 and v16 enchants are separated and crafted gear is a pretty damn stupid grind. Everybody will make their set in freaking V16 using Kutas for the enchant since now the v16 potency are also costly. Before most people made more experimental sets and just used rekura and upgraded when and if they really wanted that little not very significant boost. Now it's kuta or gtf.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • zZzleepyhead
    zZzleepyhead
    ✭✭✭
    It sure would help me as a player craft more end game gear for myself. I can't see that bringing many negative things into the game Lets do it!
  • pala_the4th
    pala_the4th
    ✭✭
    Yeah, enchanting is way too hard to level up. You can see this in the guild traders because all people have for sale for glyph are veteran 14-16.
    Edited by pala_the4th on December 15, 2015 8:59AM
    EU XBone
    High Elf Sorcerer
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    Enchanting was so easy to level up in Skyrim and now it does take bit of time.
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diablo has this system
    It works well
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to greatly increase the number of lower-quality upgrade materials required during crafting. I personally feel that crafting a piece (with all the necessary skill points) should cost something like 12 green, 12 blue, 10 purple, and 8 yellow.

Additionally, EVERY material should have AT LEAST a 1 gold vendor value. They also need to nerf the drop rates for motif stones significantly.
  • pala_the4th
    pala_the4th
    ✭✭
    What would be a good hack for increasing enchanting level?
    Anything I purchase and break is too expensive and they are all lvl 14-16. Glphys dropped are not increasing my enchanting fast enough. Creation is slow because I dont have enough potency runes at my level.
    EU XBone
    High Elf Sorcerer
  • timmayyyboy
    timmayyyboy
    ✭✭
    What would be a good hack for increasing enchanting level?
    Anything I purchase and break is too expensive and they are all lvl 14-16. Glphys dropped are not increasing my enchanting fast enough. Creation is slow because I dont have enough potency runes at my level.

Create an alt and swap glyphs back and forth for breakdown and such. Thats what i did and it still took me 2 weeks lol
  • pala_the4th
    pala_the4th
    ✭✭
    So what is swapping glpyhs are gonna do? You are working with two characters instead of one to collect glpyhs? How is that helping?
    EU XBone
    High Elf Sorcerer
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what is swapping glpyhs are gonna do? You are working with two characters instead of one to collect glpyhs? How is that helping?

you get more xp for breaking down a glyph someone else made... i think its 3 x what you get for breaking your own down.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • pala_the4th
    pala_the4th
    ✭✭
    Cool :smile:
    EU XBone
    High Elf Sorcerer
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would support having a way to get tempers by converting lower ones into higher ones. Tempering alloy drop rates from refining have fallen to the floor. We need another way to get them that is a bit more reliable than refining so we can upgrade our V16 armor sometime before we die of old age.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC EU green to purple templars have completely lost their value. The only thing that can be sold for somewhat a small profit is grain solvent, but even that is going heavily down in price.

Green temper stacks of 200 have to be sold at max 50g above vendor price, to get it sold at all. Blue at 9g-15g per temper. Purples go for 25g-250g per temper.

Dreugh wax prices are on their way up again. After some the exploits that were exposed, dreugh wax prices fell so drastically on PC/ EU ....