The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do you think will be the next templar generic nerf?

usmcjdking
usmcjdking
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
We all know that non-healing Templars are the ZOS whipping boys. When the nerf darts come out, they play pin the nerf on Templar.
Edited by usmcjdking on November 30, 2015 9:22PM

What do you think will be the next templar generic nerf? 25 votes

Eclipse - This power provides a neat, blinding visual effect for the caster. Does absolutely nothing else.
12%
PersonofsecretsusmcjdkingMarkoravous 3 votes
Radiant Destruction - Introduction of inverse crit bug, causing damage to be reduced by your crit damage.
16%
BlackEarDaraughIdinuseRobbmrp 4 votes
Nova - Skill reworked into Black Hole. Inability to properly code a Black Hole leads to this skill doing nothing.
12%
Phinix1AnzrielThalmor-Nordmaster 3 votes
Puncturing Jabs - Renamed to Puncturing Jab, this skill now only hits once.
36%
SlurgNebthet78jcasini222ub17_ESOSoulScreamRajajshkadsalterHymzirtimidobserverKatinas 9 votes
Sun Shield - Remove shield component. WAI.
24%
MalthornePhatGrimReaperRaizinSpacemonkeyeliisraDHale 6 votes
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That first one may actually be an improvement.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know what to pick...

Eclipse sucks.

Nova costs too much ulti.

I don't see why they'd further nerf Puncturing Sweep/Jabs, since a simple immobilization by a smart enemy who also walks -through/in- you as you try to channel the jab at them, causing it to be very unreliable as you can't turn to face your enemy while they spam Talons on you, unless you keep breaking out of it, bla bla bla - and not to mention the fact that we can be CC'd while in mid-air; toppling-charging a target...

They'll probably nerf our healing next. :disappointed:
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next nerf? Removal of Templar class

Three classes FTW
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what to pick...

Eclipse sucks.
    Yeah, still waiting/hoping for this change I recommended in the old dev forums thread about fixing Templars...
    Reclassify Eclipse and its morphs as non-CC abilities that cannot be removed by Break Free. They could still be cleansed/purged. Increase the damage for Unstable Core by an extra 50%. Failing that, triple the damage done by the base ability and morphs when someone breaks out and gains CC immunity to make up for wasting magicka in order to give them instant CC immunity. Make them choose real damage or waiting it out.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Shelgon
    Shelgon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eclipse will only be cast-able on NPCs

Radiant Destruction now executes yourself

Nova now increases damage done to you

Puncturing jab is now a one shot but it has a .0001 x 500 meter rectangular range

Sun shield gets scaled to magicka, but the size begins to decrease the as your magicka increases.
    V16 Templar - Shelgon - DC
    V16 Dragonknight - The Secutor - DC
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will halve the damage per tick by Radiant Destruction but double the channel time, because of performance reasons.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, saw that sneaky little nerf, asses. I haven't had a chance to log on to see how bad it is yet, any Templars out there checked their DPS yet? I had just got my single target above 10K (what I feel is the absolute minimum needed for the elite content parts of the game) and then bam, you been nerfed.....
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • MMMBELD
    MMMBELD
    Pfft! Biased poll as it does not include the (re) broken charge, which should be changed to keep you in a Groundhog Day style time loop, rendering your character uncontrollable for 60 seconds as your life flashes before your eyes, allowing you to reflect on all of the poor decisions you have made throughout the course of your life.

Rename it existential toppling charge. Smoke a cigarette and pour a glass of cheap wine while you ponder it's meaning.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiant Destruction - Introduction of inverse crit bug, causing damage to be reduced by your crit damage.
    The next Templar Nerf will actually be Breath of Life.....50% healing reduction in Cyro...Pffft, you can steal heal with BoL so it will be nerfed.... :wink:
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nova - Skill reworked into Black Hole. Inability to properly code a Black Hole leads to this skill doing nothing.
    In fairness to ZOS, I don't think science has enough data for even the likes of Stephen Hawking to properly code a black hole.

At best we could simulate it's external effects. But what happens beyond the event horizon?

Your guess is as good as mine.
  • robkrush
    robkrush
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My God, will someone please post a "how to play templar" guide so these guys quit this circle jerking. Templars are plenty strong right now. Not OP, unless in the right hands (like every class), but plenty strong to hold their own.
    PS4-NA-DC
    PSN: robkrush

The game's central concept of "PvP in PvP areas and be safe in safe areas" needs to stay the way it is.
    ZOS, 1-12-2016
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why you're complaining. They increased the speed of your projectiles so they're now at a paced walk instead of a crawl.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    robkrush wrote: »
    My God, will someone please post a "how to play templar" guide so these guys quit this circle jerking. Templars are plenty strong right now. Not OP, unless in the right hands (like every class), but plenty strong to hold their own.

Where did the passively-aggressive "L2P" attitude come from? nobody said "Help, I can't play Templar's now." Simply mocking random nerfs, nothing too serious, I don't see any QQ.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eclipse - This power provides a neat, blinding visual effect for the caster. Does absolutely nothing else.
    Shelgon wrote: »

Radiant Destruction now executes yourself

It needs to purge your allies of their sins though.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been waiting for the repentance nerf.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    In fairness to ZOS, I don't think science has enough data for even the likes of Stephen Hawking to properly code a black hole.

At best we could simulate it's external effects. But what happens beyond the event horizon?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Character deletion perhaps? Would balance Templars TBH.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

*Repentance - Now summons an Aedric priest to provide words of encouragement to your team.
    *Removed all children and likeness to children from the game.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where did the passively-aggressive "L2P" attitude come from? nobody said "Help, I can't play Templar's now." Simply mocking random nerfs, nothing too serious, I don't see any QQ.
    Yeah, it seemed like a humor thing to me. But I really do wish they would fix Eclipse. It is a fun skill :)

• Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What an arrogance. I've played Templar only since March 2014, I've developed my way to play Templar out of sheer necessity. Are you seriously thinking yet another completely unmotivated nerf to one of the core Templar skills has higher priority than fixing all the numerous bugs still plaguing the Templar skills? "How to play a templar"? Really? Do you think @Joy_Division is circle jerking in regards to that the "Blazing Spear was most certainly not doing more damage than intended" before this latest nerf to it?

Edit* link to mentioned quote.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2481109/#Comment_2481109
    Edited by Idinuse on November 30, 2015 9:58PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Patch notes the week after the puncturing jabs nerf:

Puncturing Jab:
    Reduced damage (we won't tell you by how much though) since the jab was doing more damage than intended.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MMMBELD wrote: »
    Pfft! Biased poll as it does not include the (re) broken charge, which should be changed to keep you in a Groundhog Day style time loop, rendering your character uncontrollable for 60 seconds as your life flashes before your eyes, allowing you to reflect on all of the poor decisions you have made throughout the course of your life.

Rename it existential toppling charge. Smoke a cigarette and pour a glass of cheap wine while you ponder it's meaning.

This *** made me laugh so hard. Thank you!
    +1 awesome from me :smiley:
  • WolfingHour
    WolfingHour
    ✭✭✭✭

The animation for this skill has been reworked - you will stay in a casting animation for a length of time proportional to the amount of stamina returned.

Because of immersion. And server stability.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The animation for this skill has been reworked - you will stay in a casting animation for a length of time proportional to the amount of stamina returned.

Well, you have to provide the Aedric blessing to every single dead mob individually like a proper priest. Else how do they repent?

Realism.
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eclipse already got previously nerfed and is still somewhat useful , but pales in comparison to what it used to be, I dont see how it could get nerfed again (barring humor that is)

radiant destruction is already bugged and doesnt work properly half the time

nova already got nerfed and DOES cost way too much ulti to start off with, its only useful in PvE if you dont really need an ulti anyway.

puncturing jabs just got nerfed

Which leaves sun shield which actually still works decently, low cost, decent shield (very effective in PvE, somewhat useful in PvP) - so its definitly the one getting nerfed next. Probably going to end up only protecting vs magicka OR stam or will no longer protect at all, just burst at end to do dmg.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

Well, you have to provide the Aedric blessing to every single dead mob individually like a proper priest. Else how do they repent?

Realism.

And you have to do it before they actually die, you're expected to anticipate which enemies are close to death and pre cast it. As intended.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You did see patch note from they nerfed blazing spear damage. Does very little damage to begin with. Unbelievable.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, there's already no shield component really. But that last silver of 3k Sun Shield in PvP needs to go.

Also looking forward to next major patch. Unpurgable snare + heal debuff spam on templars without any mobility, broken gap closer, no working shield, cant avoid the siege rain. Will be fun. Sitting duck for life, perma snared and heal debuffed stuck in red circles with no tools to get the hell out. Because I doubt Purifying Ritual will do *** all.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    Ok, there's already no shield component really. But that last silver of 3k Sun Shield in PvP needs to go.

Also looking forward to next major patch. Unpurgable snare + heal debuff spam on templars without any mobility, broken gap closer, no working shield, cant avoid the siege rain. Will be fun. Sitting duck for life, perma snared and heal debuffed stuck in red circles with no tools to get the hell out. Because I doubt Purifying Ritual will do *** all.
    I don't mind the siege change so much if it affects only Purge, which is instant cast/requires no synergy to click. Would prefer it didn't affect Dark Cloak and Cleansing Ritual. The former is single target/caster only, the latter has synergy to activate.
    Edited by tinythinker on November 30, 2015 10:23PM

• pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Pucturing sweeps, because it heals to much...