Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

People are Quitting this Game: Suggestions: Console Player, Game Needs Improvements

DatNutrient
DatNutrient
✭✭✭
Hey all, just a few things I wanted to list here.
There are a lot of people quitting this game on Console and I am trying to keep the faith because I really enjoy it.

-We need text chat.
There is no buying and selling that is effective without text chat. Not all of us can be on the mic all the time we have families etc.

-*****Damage Meters*******
As a PS4 player I find myself extremely frustrated trying to Theorycraft and develop my own build (especially when people shame you for using PC builds..which is stupid) without damage meters.

-*****Buff Timers******
Content such as Maelstrom Arena also becomes challenging when you have to just guess, or count in your head when your buffs should be ending. It is super frustrating watching people do this content on PC and they can see exactly how hard they are being hit, when they need to rebuff, when their crystal frag proc is up, etc, and I am sitting here trying to figure out if Power Surge is still up so I can self heal.

-The bugs in Maelstrom (Toxic Shock round etc) are also quite frustrating but everyone is experiencing that so I will leave that to time.

Lots of people are quitting on console or moving to other games, I'm losing my core group of players, which really sucks. I am hoping ZOS will see some of these posts since not a lot of PS4 players post on this forum from what I have gathered.

Things really need work on the PS4 side to get us on PCs level, or even just to bridge the gap a little bit.

Thanks for your consideration.
Stormproof 1/7/16
V16 Magicka Templar
V16 DK Tank
V16 Stam Nightblade
V16 Sorcerer
V13 Stamplar

PS4 Player
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am getting the impression that ZOS probably would rather
    let the console version die instead of giving people text chat.

I am usually on voice chat with friends.
    This leaves me disconnected with all guilds and all other people.

With only one voice chat channel, you always have to leave people behind.
    Therefore, people feel disconnected and more isolated than in any other MMO.

ZOS, a MMO is a social experience.
    Without text chat, the social experience is not working.

Edited by BalticBlues on November 25, 2015 2:41PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly think about 3 people would use text chat on console for it's intended use. It would be aware of arguing and name calling.

Damage meters and buff tracks are a must, especially the latter.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I honestly think about 3 people would use text chat on console for it's intended use.
    C'mon, you know this is not true. Be honest:
    How often do you use PS4 text chat because there is no ESO text chat?
    Like asking a guy of your friends list to help with a dungeon?

However, the PS4 text chat is only a weak replacement for ingame text chat.
    It sucks to leave the game every time to read and write something.
    And it sucks that you can only read the PS4 text chat of people you know.
    The social experience on console is totally crippled.

Damage meters and buff tracks I do not need so much.
    After playing this game for months, most people know their damage and spells.
    I would not argue having meter options, but I probably would turn them off.
    But having no ingame text chat is killing this game as an MMO.

Edited by BalticBlues on November 25, 2015 3:10PM
  • DatNutrient
    DatNutrient
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Bluetooth keyboard waiting for text chat.

There's 2/3 people in here and the amount if people who ask for it regularly would surprise you.

Idk I would really like to see any and all of these implemented.
    Stormproof 1/7/16
    V16 Magicka Templar
    V16 DK Tank
    V16 Stam Nightblade
    V16 Sorcerer
    V13 Stamplar

PS4 Player
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scrolling Combat Text is coming. I think Buff Trackers are coming as well, but looking for mention of those specifically is downed out by references to the FTC and Srendarr add-ons.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Scrolling Combat Text is coming. I think Buff Trackers are coming as well, but looking for mention of those specifically is downed out by references to the FTC and Srendarr add-ons.

No text chat though, it's hurting the community, big time.

On pc every starter zone and town is filled with life, people trading items, advertising guilds, LFG etc.

Console is getting quieter and quieter by the day, considering it's a year newer it's worrying.

Daily pledges basically never happen on console, or dungeons in general, I've sat outside spindle clutch in peak times for nearly 2 hours before, not a soul came by, no one joined the group finder, no one in voice chat in all of glenumbra.

Went on pc today, posted *level 20 healer LFG spindle * had a group in 2 minutes, I could actually talk and communicate with them.

The sad thing is my friends on ps4 have all decided they won't ever be able to do dungeons, or much end games content, it feels like a single player game more than anything.
  • DatNutrient
    DatNutrient
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that we don't have buff Timers is honestly ridiculous. With the difficulty level of Maelstrom you need your buffs up... We don't even know when ours fade besides noticing were not getting heals or health bars arent dropping as fast, dying too quick etc
    Stormproof 1/7/16
    V16 Magicka Templar
    V16 DK Tank
    V16 Stam Nightblade
    V16 Sorcerer
    V13 Stamplar

PS4 Player
  • Psych32
    Psych32
    Jeez i hope not. Just bought 2 dlc worth in crowns
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well id hate to say it but....console is NOT the platform for longlasting games. People who regularly play console and not pc (as In they only use console for the gaming life) play a game for a few months maybe a year and move on...so what do you expect? I believe everyone on PC who'd been playing before console release had said it would NOT last. There's only so much you can do on a console with your two joysticks, MMO genre is not one of those things you can do and make last. Had a buddy who bought it for console, stopped playing after a month, then he came and saw me play on PC and was blown away by the difference. Sorry, console gamers are like squirrels, "OH SHINY"
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    what do you expect [...] console gamers are like squirrels, "OH SHINY"
    You obviously have no idea at all about consoles and console players.
    This statement ist "PC MASTER CRAP".
    Baconlad wrote: »
    console is NOT the platform for longlasting games. People who regularly play console and not pc (as In they only use console for the gaming life) play a game for a few months maybe a year and move on
    You could say the same about pc: With a steam sale every few months, some people have more titles in their steam library than they can ever play. They play a game for a few weeks and then move on. Fortunately, there are ALL KINDS OF PLAYERS on pc AND console, not only stereotypes.

A great game will always be played, on pc or consoles.
    Players come back to great games that are supported professionally, but:

The biggest problems on consoles is still having no text chat.
    Therefore, the social experience on console is crippled.

Many console players feel isolated instead of being part of a MMO community. Yes, there is a hardcore community that will stay, but newcomers do not see the light anymore without a text chat that shows them what is going on and being a simple way to meet other players. Some areas are already empty. Without a lively text chat to read and join while being in an empty area, many newcomers feel like playing a solo game. This is not how an MMO should be played. Therefore, many newcomers leave. Without newcomers who stay, the game probably will fade.
    Edited by BalticBlues on December 4, 2015 6:29AM
  • DatNutrient
    DatNutrient
    ✭✭✭
    I would take buff Timers over anything. Text chat is definitely necessary.

Trying to trade in area chat is rough on console. I can't do it often times. There are people screaming, running through town yelling to be funny, taking massive "water pipe" hits (no hate, to each is own), coughing, screaming children, angry wife aggro....

Meanwhile some of us just want to buy some tempers lol.

It's so loud. Like unbelievably loud.
    Stormproof 1/7/16
    V16 Magicka Templar
    V16 DK Tank
    V16 Stam Nightblade
    V16 Sorcerer
    V13 Stamplar

PS4 Player
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to all OP...

I'm tired of trying to do the daily WB in wrothgar.... waiting for a group is like...

maxresdefault.jpg

*Thinking* "Um.... hello? anyone else wanting to do this?"

If there was at LEAST a general text chat... finding a group for anything would be 10x easier and faster.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • DatNutrient
    DatNutrient
    ✭✭✭
    Still hoping for these improvements
    Stormproof 1/7/16
    V16 Magicka Templar
    V16 DK Tank
    V16 Stam Nightblade
    V16 Sorcerer
    V13 Stamplar

PS4 Player
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of people quitting this game on Console.

Not true.
    I'm on xb1.
    There is no population drop.
    If anything Tamriel has exploded with new players this fall.

It ain't easy being green.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I honestly think about 3 people would use text chat on console for it's intended use.
    C'mon, you know this is not true. Be honest:
    How often do you use PS4 text chat because there is no ESO text chat?
    Like asking a guy of your friends list to help with a dungeon?

However, the PS4 text chat is only a weak replacement for ingame text chat.
    It sucks to leave the game every time to read and write something.
    And it sucks that you can only read the PS4 text chat of people you know.
    The social experience on console is totally crippled.

Damage meters and buff tracks I do not need so much.
    After playing this game for months, most people know their damage and spells.
    I would not argue having meter options, but I probably would turn them off.
    But having no ingame text chat is killing this game as an MMO.

Only if they're not on eso. In game text chat wouldn't change that.

If they're on, they're in guild chat with me..
  • FloppyFrank
    FloppyFrank
    ✭✭✭
    PrinceBoru wrote: »

Not true.
    I'm on xb1.

can't tell if this guy is serious or not
    Xbone GT: x mech duck x
  • Ethona
    Ethona
    ✭✭✭
    It was a braindead move to not include text chat. ESO is the only social game without it which sends a strong message on a very large sky sign that reads: [TEXT CHAT IS FOR SOCIAL GAMES ONLY WHICH ESO ISN'T ONE OF] I'm a PC mmorpg player only but with your cause!
    Edited by Ethona on December 30, 2015 3:26PM
  • Saint314Louis1985
    Saint314Louis1985
    ✭✭✭
    PrinceBoru wrote: »

Not true.
    I'm on xb1.

can't tell if this guy is serious or not

xbox seems to be gaining population from what i can tell.

although its still relatively hard to find a group for dungeons unless you are a v16 sitting around in mournhold.

text chat would be awesome. and being able to see damage and buffs is a must.

sometimes it feels like im just a guy wandering around in a world full of obnoxious *** due to all the ignorance and extremely loud people on mics. and here i am just trying to find a group.

• QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's 2/3 people in here and the amount if people who ask for it regularly would surprise you.

how as a console player, can I type and use the controller which requires 2 hands? Why would I want to over voice? Educate me.
  • Saint314Louis1985
    Saint314Louis1985
    ✭✭✭

how as a console player, can I type and use the controller which requires 2 hands? Why would I want to over voice? Educate me.

You would want to if you have a house full of kids playing and need some way to communicate other than exiting the game, sending a message to a specific player, and hoping he reads the message and replies. Or would you rather me turn my mic on so you can hear my kids fight over the same toys and nothing else?

You would also want to if said kids were sleeping and you do not wish to wake them with your voice echoing throughout the house.

You would additionally want text chat if you use a mic, and are sick of having to repeat yourself because you keep getting drown out by some preteen jamming the "nae-nae" song and nobody responding simply because they cant hear you or leave the area.

Everytime i hear people advertising for groups and buying/selling over mic i think of the beer vendors at the baseball game. Its kind of lame really and not necessary since text chat would fix that real quick.
    Edited by Saint314Louis1985 on December 30, 2015 4:57PM
  • justz00tb14_ESO
    justz00tb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am not up to date with the current gen console development but I think it might be worth mention that in past generations some consoles would not allow for keyboard support and had specific libraries that had to be used for input devices and if they didn't it wouldn't get passed certification so Zenimax hands might have been tied from the beginning of development.
  • Mr.Hmm
    Mr.Hmm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say take pity and give them the text chat so we are free from their yapping :expressionless:
    If I die tomorrow I do not want to think of the game I could of played today, therefor I will play whatever I want today while securing a future to play in as well.

A true gamer will think of all the possible outcomes and execute the one that is the hardest to accomplish.
  • justz00tb14_ESO
    justz00tb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Looking at the sources it does look like work is being done on some of these things for console.

http://esodata.uesp.net/100012/src/ingame/chatsystem/console/gamepadchatsystem.lua.html
  • jebuspowers
    jebuspowers
    ✭✭✭
    I have no input since I played on ps4 and have already quit.
  • Varen_Aquilarios
    Wish all the new updates and features didn't require crown purchase

oh well.
  • timmayyyboy
    timmayyyboy
    ✭✭
    There are a lot of people quitting this game on Console and I am trying to keep the faith because I really enjoy it.

-We need text chat.
    There is no buying and selling that is effective without text chat. Not all of us can be on the mic all the time we have families etc.

-*****Damage Meters*******
    As a PS4 player I find myself extremely frustrated trying to Theorycraft and develop my own build (especially when people shame you for using PC builds..which is stupid) without damage meters.

-*****Buff Timers******
    Content such as Maelstrom Arena also becomes challenging when you have to just guess, or count in your head when your buffs should be ending. It is super frustrating watching people do this content on PC and they can see exactly how hard they are being hit, when they need to rebuff, when their crystal frag proc is up, etc, and I am sitting here trying to figure out if Power Surge is still up so I can self heal.

-The bugs in Maelstrom (Toxic Shock round etc) are also quite frustrating but everyone is experiencing that so I will leave that to time.

Lots of people are quitting on console or moving to other games, I'm losing my core group of players, which really sucks. I am hoping ZOS will see some of these posts since not a lot of PS4 players post on this forum from what I have gathered.

Things really need work on the PS4 side to get us on PCs level, or even just to bridge the gap a little bit.

Thanks for your consideration.

This! I have lost alot of friends who have stopped playing this game. I used to be able to hop on and run stuff withmy buddies. Nowi have to use group finder and hope i get a group within a 2 hour time limit
  • timmayyyboy
    timmayyyboy
    ✭✭

Correct me if im wrong but i would be that pc players dont stop mid fight to type something out. Which would be the only time anybody wouldnt really use it
  • Elder_Paul
    EU megaserver in orsinium is a lonely place during week days. i hung around mad urzaboth (or whatever) world boss for about 5hrs last night waiting for enough players to tackle him, the odd straddler went by but needless to say i didnt achieve my mission, will try again tonite
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elder_Paul wrote: »
    EU megaserver in orsinium is a lonely place during week days. i hung around mad urzaboth (or whatever) world boss for about 5hrs last night waiting for enough players to tackle him, the odd straddler went by but needless to say i didnt achieve my mission, will try again tonite

Can't your guild members help you achieve you mission