Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Best current way to acquire VR15/16 mats?

DannyLV702
DannyLV702
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm on PS4 so I still haven't had the chance to see what the dlc has to offer in terms of harvesting mats. Should I spend some time grinding TV stones since the price of materials was cut in half? How about their prices in guild stores? I still see them selling for about 500 gold a piece. Has that lowered? Any advice would be appreciated. I currently have just enough gold to buy all the material i need for VR16 gear, but it took me a whole week to acquire it so if TV stones is a better option, then i'll start farming.

Best Answer

• a_cylon
    a_cylon
    ✭✭
    Grind sewers. Deconstruct drops and use telvars to buy more. Over time you can open a vault. If you are lucky, sell items/motifs for gold. Go to guild traders and buy more.

Repeat process.
    Answer ✓
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been wearing blue VR11 gear for too long now and look forward to seeing how much better I'll do with all gold VR16 stuff!
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO the best way is to go to some Cyro cave that has several Heavy Sack spawn points and farm them. You will find 20 of raw materials very often. If you play AD then Pothole Cavern is probably the best choice.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »
    IMO the best way is to go to some Cyro cave that has several Heavy Sack spawn points and farm them. You will find 20 of raw materials very often. If you play AD then Pothole Cavern is probably the best choice.

I never knew heavy sacks always spawned in the same place. I'm gonna have to give that a try!
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    Jura23 wrote: »

I never knew heavy sacks always spawned in the same place. I'm gonna have to give that a try!

They do but not at the same time at all places. For example Pothole Cavern has 4 places where they spawn but 1 or 2 stay empty until you pick up those which are there, then they respawn in another spot.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any max level crafter will find VR15 mats in Orsinium. Doing the Writs there produces a decent amount of some things. Rubio Leather is currently the hardest thing to come up with.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PS4.

I hope Orsinium negates the need for sewer grinding.
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PS4 so I still haven't had the chance to see what the dlc has to offer in terms of harvesting mats. Should I spend some time grinding TV stones since the price of materials was cut in half? How about their prices in guild stores? I still see them selling for about 500 gold a piece. Has that lowered? Any advice would be appreciated. I currently have just enough gold to buy all the material i need for VR16 gear, but it took me a whole week to acquire it so if TV stones is a better option, then i'll start farming.

With Orsinium, besides the nodes if your maxed out, go hit delves and the public dungeons. You get a ton of things to decon in there.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    a_cylon wrote: »
    Grind sewers. Deconstruct drops and use telvars to buy more. Over time you can open a vault. If you are lucky, sell items/motifs for gold. Go to guild traders and buy more.

Repeat process.

This is kind of what i was thinking. I've been doing some sewer grinding for the first time and it's pretty fun so i may stick to this route
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Repeat process.

This is kind of what i was thinking. I've been doing some sewer grinding for the first time and it's pretty fun so i may stick to this route

Let us know how you feel when you get shanked and lose all your stones....
    I've only been in the sewers a few times... even in a campaign that my faction fills up... there are STILL those jerks that sit and wait for you.
    After tomorrow... i will most likely not be going in there again.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Repeat process.

I've only been in the sewers a few times... even in a campaign that my faction fills up... there are STILL those jerks that sit and wait for you.

Hmm must be the campaign, I literally have a corner in the city I grind. Haven't seen any player there in the past 4 days. Great grinding :)

Oh and now I know about the mat cost being cut.... wish I had known that two days ago. Does make my guildy even more awesome for hookin me up with 179 ancient silk last night.

Thank you!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Repeat process.

The past few days have been empty. But today IC is PACKED with gankers. So far 4 NBs and a Templar tried ganking me but they were solo and got whooped. I did get caught by one NB at first, but it's only because he waited until all my resources were drained, what a wuss lol. Didn't want to fight me when i was fresh and saw him earlier. Luckily he only took about 100 stones since i was just starting.