Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Where do you get the new V16 potency runes?

Syrani
Syrani
✭✭✭✭
Hey all,
Where do you get the new V16 potency runes? I have found several V15 ones in Wrothgar, but no V16. Are these only available in IC?

Thanks,
S.

Ps. I made some V15 glyphs thinking that I had to "learn" those before I would be eligible to find the V16 ones, but still haven't found any.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gank City, Tamriel

(Imperial City, Tel Var vendor)
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    They can be bought with Tel Var Stones from a merchant in the Imperial City Sewers Alliance Bases. Or harvested in Wrothgar at a lower chance than the V15 ones from Rune Harvest locations.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you dont have IC, you can buy them from other players. They are called Itade and Repora. But they CAN be found in Cyrodiil, I know that. So I suspect they can be found in Wrothgar as well.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have harvested hundreds of runes in Wrothgar and no v16 potency has dropped. Patch notes mentioned they are rare drops, but it was a false statement.

ZOS, you are behaving silly with these stones. Ten minutes in IC to buy one v16 potency - two weeks harvesting in Wrothgar with none. O_o
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    I have harvested hundreds of runes in Wrothgar and no v16 potency has dropped. Patch notes mentioned they are rare drops, but it was a false statement.

ZOS, you are behaving silly with these stones. Ten minutes in IC to buy one v16 potency - two weeks harvesting in Wrothgar with none. O_o

I haven't seen any either. Now they might just be very rare, and I don't seem to have any RNG luck, but I haven't heard of anyone getting a VR16 drop in Wrothgar.

Most zones seem to drop at their level plus one level lower. In Wrothgar we should be getting VR15 with occasional VR16 - and no Cura/Kude.

However, ZoS want to force people into IC (into buying IC).
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten at least one Repora from a node in Orsinium. Based on how many nodes I've looted I'd say it is pretty rare, perhaps 1:100 or more.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Syrani
    Syrani
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information guys. I guess I will just keep harvesting and hope for the best. At least now I know there is a slight chance I may get one......eventually. :(

Thanks again,
    S.
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plain and simple.... I, like many others, do not have the time to farm for those mats like that.
    RL > Eso farming. Not sure how people forget that.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I buy mine from guild stores. IC is still very profitible for those that haven't completely burnt out on it.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    I buy mine from guild stores. IC is still very profitible for those that haven't completely burnt out on it.

I've only been in there a few times and i already almost burned out on it.... literally all you do in there....
    -find a section where you can do big enough circles to get the enemies to respawn... kill them as you go around...
    -avoid the bosses because noone wants to do them...
    -try not to get shanked by a nightblade and lose all your stones.

At first it seemed fun... but now i see how little content was actually added.

Plus, if you want to buy the mats off the guild store... you'll need a million gold to buy what you need. it's stupid.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten at least one Repora from a node in Orsinium. Based on how many nodes I've looted I'd say it is pretty rare, perhaps 1:100 or more.

Great! We got first confirmations of Repora dropping a week after patch. During the week i think players have harvested slightly more than 100 runes. But all this is just silly. I had thousands of TV stones and nothing to spend them, so i bought a good stock of potencies. Nothing justifies the rarity. Really, ten minutes for guaranteed Repora in IC - horrible rng in Wrothgar. ZOS, shame on you.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only gotten Repora twice in Wrothgar, each time from the same specific potency node. After I got the first one, I mentioned it one of my trade guild guild chats, and everyone was surprised. They were convinced they didn't actually drop in Wrothgar. I came back to the same node later that day and got Repora again! But every time since those first two, it's only given me Kura or Kude. It could be only certain nodes have a chance to give v16 runes. If it's completely random, then I should have bought a lottery ticket that day!

Just so you don't think I'm full of crap, the node is at (60.80, 25.40), not far from one of the objectives you need for the new max health + recovery recipe quests. That's how I stumbled across it.