Tried updating to 1.6 yesterday and left the download running throughout the night. I'm in South Africa and we don't have the fastest internet connection, so even though I let the 13GB download run through the night it was still finishing up the download this morning. So I was there when it finished: and right as the download ended and it went over to "applying patch" error 1001 came up (Access denied). I decided to run repair. My understanding of repair is that it's meant to check the files in my computer and only repair those that it found an error with.
Right now, repair feels it's necessary to download 31 gigs of data.
This has happened to me before (every now and again when a patch comes up, I encounter some real trouble downloading it- it's the same issue over and over; "Access denied") and unfortunately is still happening.
My internet speed is about 200-310KB/s, so if I understand the data conversion between bytes correctly then it's going to take 27 hours minimum for this thing to download. That's if the download doesn't stall or web request failure comes up.
Is there a way for me to stop the Access denied to come up? I feel like right now there's no real alternative except for me to shlep through 27 hours of this thing downloading, but I don't want this to happen every time I download a patch like it's been happening up to now.
I have a MacBook pro version 10.10, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 processor and 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 memory.
I have switched off firewall before starting the initial download (and even if it was on, my firewall has been set to allow connections from the Launcher).
I'm not too familiar with what account is the "admin account" for my computer or how that jazz works, but I'm pretty sure a guy at the apple shop made sure the account I accessed my mac with (i.e. my account) was the admin account.
PvP Duelist and Small Scaler
NA and EU