Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I'm pretty irritated I'm being forced to use V15/16 mats for my writs

Icy
Icy
✭✭✭✭
I've got 55 total rubedite. The fresh writ I picked up today wants me to make various metal things. If I did, I would have no rubedite. To make a V16 dagger I need 100, so I'd rather save up.

To respec and go back to V14 crafting writs will cost me 14k gold. The only way to get glass recipe fragments is to do writs.

I think you can see where the irritation comes from.

To use an Australian phrase "NOT HAPPY JAN". >.<
Edited by Icy on November 3, 2015 9:33AM
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    But they are so much easier to get in Wrothgar, and you mostly need to only craft 1 item
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Suck it up, overall you need less materials for it and people who complain that the new Raw materials are rare are either lying or they are really bad at exploring the new area. You will find way more if you go off road.

I prefer the new one, 1 ruby ash fire staff 1 nightwood ice staff and 1 nightwood lightning staff is much better than 3 of each staff in nightwood. Just casually strolling though Wrothgar yesterday got me almost an entire stack of sanded Ruby ash, and I didn't even try.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't completed the v15 writs I picked up yet, but @paulsimonps may be right. I haven't found many v15 nodes, but mostly because I spent the first day exploring and questing. v15 nodes were more common than I thought they would be. Also, most loot drops are v15-16. so I am getting a lot of mats from decon. Maybe give this a little time and see if it works out. We've only had Wrothgar 1 day :) .
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Suck it up, overall you need less materials for it and people who complain that the new Raw materials are rare are either lying or they are really bad at exploring the new area. You will find way more if you go off road.

I prefer the new one, 1 ruby ash fire staff 1 nightwood ice staff and 1 nightwood lightning staff is much better than 3 of each staff in nightwood. Just casually strolling though Wrothgar yesterday got me almost an entire stack of sanded Ruby ash, and I didn't even try.

This is correct.

I've found that collecting VR15 materials isn't a problem in Wrothgar.

I don't even bother deconstructing dropped gear, it's just vendor trash :)

• Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    Also you don't need to make v16 versions for writs. Make the v15 ones normally takes 12-15 mats depending on what it is. Also, I've been getting a lot of survey reports from writs that gave me a ton on v15-16 ore to refine. First one gave me 60-70 ores which gave me around 50-60 refined mats. It's still luck of draw to get surveys but I do enjoy the good RNG chance for gold tempers for reward. Kind of makes up for it. Also, just by questing aroindaround wrothgar and stumbling on the rare ores on top of deconing the trash loot from enemies in orsinium. It's really easy to recoup your losses.
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    I haven't completed the v15 writs I picked up yet, but @paulsimonps may be right. I haven't found many v15 nodes, but mostly because I spent the first day exploring and questing. v15 nodes were more common than I thought they would be. Also, most loot drops are v15-16. so I am getting a lot of mats from decon. Maybe give this a little time and see if it works out. We've only had Wrothgar 1 day :) .

Yep, the matsare pileing up nicely. I think most of the ppl should be able to do write every 2 or 3 days max.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • eldermpsmithrwb17_ESO
    I have been playing Wroth for 3 hours in open world and only managed to accumulate 25 Rubedite (no nodes found) 30 ash( only 3 nodes found) and 10 Silk ( no nodes found) for the 100+ i need for dailes its too much, and for the 1000+ i need for a full set of gear it will be christmas with the amount i can play at the moment (only an hour or two daily). Most of my drops came from deconning gear drops, and you only get 1 per item.

Imo poor design choice, and tbo most of the crafted gear is average at best compared to Cyrodiil and Dungeon drops.
    Selcouth Nexus V16 Templar Magika Healer/Dps
    Mrs Schadenfreude V16 Magika Sorc Dps/off heals
    Malevolent Lust v16 DK Stam Dps/tank
    Mephala's Rage v16 NB Magika Dps
    Lara Nipplestorm v16 DK Magika DPS
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing Wroth for 3 hours in open world and only managed to accumulate 25 Rubedite (no nodes found) 30 ash( only 3 nodes found) and 10 Silk ( no nodes found) for the 100+ i need for dailes its too much

LOL you just need 12-15 per writ for dailies. That's not 100+.

• Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing Wroth for 3 hours in open world and only managed to accumulate 25 Rubedite (no nodes found) 30 ash( only 3 nodes found) and 10 Silk ( no nodes found) for the 100+ i need for dailes its too much, and for the 1000+ i need for a full set of gear it will be christmas with the amount i can play at the moment (only an hour or two daily). Most of my drops came from deconning gear drops, and you only get 1 per item.

Imo poor design choice, and tbo most of the crafted gear is average at best compared to Cyrodiil and Dungeon drops.

You need only one ruby v15 item for a writ.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »

You need only one ruby v15 item for a writ.

Listen to this guy^^... V15 rank for writs. I explored Wrothgar for 3 hours last night solo.. Cleared 4 delves, came out with 2 stacks of rubidite, 2 stacks of rubedo leather and 1 stack of ancestors silk. All kinds of recipes, including the ones for writs and a few pcs of the pahria set too. I'm not complaining. The new writs are fine
  • Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »
    Yep, the matsare pileing up nicely. I think most of the ppl should be able to do write every 2 or 3 days max.

And the first one I can do mid 2016 when I was able to finish my VR16 gear...ah no in half a year i might want to respecc and start from scratch...lol

I was questing in orsinium yesterday evening. In the time I was not rollbacked I was able to get mats to craft 2-3 VR15 items and enchant 1 of these. I think I killed about 100 mobs to get raw mats for med armor. I got ONE SINGLE raw mat. So I need to kill about 1500 mobs to craft a single VR15 item and 15000 mobs to craft a single VR16 item.

If someone is defending such a system he needs in my eyes professional help.
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have a problem with writs in orsinium requiring vr15 gear but the problem in my opinion is they are also requiring vr15 gear for the craglorn writs as well. even though the zone is scaled vr11/13 and none of the matts required for these writs drop there. I'm just waiting for these matts to show up in the clown store because that is the direction that this game is headed in.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of my toons hirelings brought me 10 rubedite ore to refine. Another one 1. So, hirelings are now worthwhile again.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember Cyrodiil will also now randomly drop v15/16 ore types like Wrothgar does too!

They had to add this design for people that have not bought the DLC otherwise it starts to become a P2W situation and we can't have that for ESO now can we :)
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of my toons hirelings brought me 10 rubedite ore to refine. Another one 1. So, hirelings are now worthwhile again.

They are? Most of my hirelings are bringing me one, yep, just one piece of Rubedite Ore. So at this pace I might be able to get enough ore to actually make one ingot in about a week :disappointed:

• James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »

They are? Most of my hirelings are bringing me one, yep, just one piece of Rubedite Ore. So at this pace I might be able to get enough ore to actually make one ingot in about a week :disappointed:
    I've been getting one raw type and one refined type but only one each... if I'm lucky!

I've completed a number of dailies using V15 items and the box opened to barely anything (one trait and one V15 item blue usually) so I wont be doing crafting dailies anymore, they have pretty much destroyed that daily. If the rewards are not worth it even after 7 days of dailies then the system has failed or simply does not work and therefore needs adjustment.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I believe the team need to re-look at rewards for the crafting dailies, if we are required to spend more work for less or the same as previous crafting attempts then it doesn't work. Max/Endgame crafters get no use from the inspiration gain so it really comes down to items that can be used for future dailies or assistance in their chosen craft.

The introduction of crafting dailies was great for new players but is lacking in the endgame department. I understand there is tons of things you are working on which we appreciate but crafting dailies need to be re-looked at.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Galbsadi
    Galbsadi
    ✭✭✭
    It's not the writs themselves that are a bad idea...actually, reducing overall materials was a good step on writs.

The first problem is the drop-rates of tier-10 materials. Even with maximum skill points, 1/3 (or less) of the materials are useless garbage that we've had for years now. The common workaround to get materials at your level before IC was to steal vendor gear and shard it....now vendor gear always gives the old useless materials, regardless of level. As such, materials are excessively rare, especially for clothier and enchanting. (To date, I have yet to EVER have more than 50 pieces of Rubedo or Ancestor Silk, despite saving other than for writs and two pieces of vr15 crafted gear [that's vr15, not vr16, even though my character is vr16].) Enchanting is even more borked...you can literally get the best enchanting materials now by doing old content...IC is better to farm enchanting than Orsinium. OLD CONTENT GIVES BETTER REWARDS THAN NEW CONTENT.

The second problem is the crafting requirements of v15-v16 gear. V15 gear itself isn't bad, but requiring over half a stack PER PIECE for v16 gear only benefits gold farmers. Crafted gear is meant to be how a character gets started preparing to do content for 'real' gear...now the crafted gear is harder to obtain than the aforementioned other gear. Enchanting gets this a bit worse, with the rare potency drops in Orsinium only working for v15 gear, and v16 potency runes having ZERO DROPS WHATSOEVER. The ONLY WAY TO GET VR16 RUNES IS TO DO OLD CONTENT. It's not just 'better'...it's THE ONLY WAY.

Go beyond crafting, and I've loved everything about Orsinium. Crafting, however, sucks now. I'm actually putting off playing higher-end content on characters so they don't level up and get nerfed by the gear requirements.