so wheres this "stam sorc" surprise in the 2.4 patch?

dsalter
dsalter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
so far i see no stamina surprise that we were told about that would be in the IC release.
unless the surprise was disappointment then in this case i found it.
PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the surprise was when they gave thundering presence the speed buff and double damage for the first few tics.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    I think the surprise was when they gave thundering presence the speed buff and double damage for the first few tics.

Geeh...
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The surprise is a lie...
  • Huggalump
    Huggalump
    ✭✭✭✭
    The surprise is that the patch notes say 300% damage on thundering presence, but in game it's only 200%

surprise!
  • Avonna
    Avonna
    ✭✭✭
    this post is funny.....there is no santa! no presents for you!
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The surprise is a djck in a box. Clearly
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The surprise is that ZOS doesn't understand how stamina builds work and took an important utility skills (which should be a magicka dump) and made it into a lackluster DPS.

But sorcerers still lack spammable class based stam DPS and some sort of stam return mechanic like all other classes have.
  • Weng
    Weng
    ✭✭✭
    The surprise is that you get new stamina options for sorc, but it is more gimped than ever.

I mean isn't that a surprise, is it?
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The surprise is that ZOS doesn't understand how stamina builds work and took an important utility skills (which should be a magicka dump) and made it into a lackluster DPS.

But sorcerers still lack spammable class based stam DPS and some sort of stam return mechanic like all other classes have.

I have to agree with this. What good is a 20% stamina regen passive, when all regen passives just got nerfed, LOL? My stamina regen is just as bad as it was before!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    The game designers made so many changes all at once without testing how they all would work together.

There is no real goal - they are just doing knee jerk reactions without any proper planning or testing / and ignoring feedback from the players who are arguably more expert on the game than they are since they play it all the time.

I learned long ago there is no magic patch in MMOs. Developers don't all of a sudden get smarter/better at their jobs. We've already seen the best they have to offer. Unless they hire somebody new - this is the best quality they can produce.
  • blur
    blur
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have read a lot of posts and threads.
    The best suggestion thus far has been from @Xael hands down. I have seen his streams and his videos and I know for a fact he is a good Stamina Sorc. In fact out of all the people who have been talking Stamina Sorcs only Xael and Fengrush seem to be PvP stamina Sorcerers and know their stuff. Both are very good at what they do.

I take no credit for this ( @Xael idea):

"Again, coming from someone that PvPs regularly on a Stamina Sorc (in the current v2.1 meta) all we need is Stamina morph of Crystal Blast that mirrors the Frag morph. This will also make use of the Dark Magic passives, something most Stam Sorc lack.

Crystal Blast:
    (Crystal Blast Rank IV)
    Cost - 2268 Stamina | Cast Time - 1s | Radius/Range 28m range (Enemy)

Conjure dark crystals to bombard an enemy, dealing [x] Magic Damage and knocking them down for 2 seconds.
    Casting other spells & abilities has a 35% chance of causing your next Crystal Fragments to be instant, doing 20% more damage, and costing 50% less Stamina.
    Chance to make ability instant cast.
    Now scales off Weapon Damage and Max Stamina.

Also a redesign to the Exploitation (Dark Magic) passive:
    Rank I
    Activating a Dark Magic ability grants Minor Prophecy & Savagery to nearby allies, increasing Spell & Weapon Critical by [x] for 10 seconds.
    Dark Magic Rank 39

Rank II
    Activating a Dark Magic ability grants Minor Prophecy & Savagery to nearby allies, increasing Spell & Weapon Critical by [x] for 20 seconds.
    Dark Magic Rank 50

Problem solved, Stam Sorcs now awesome. "

I remember him saying something on his stream about these proposed melee attacks, that we already use Wrecking Blow and get Empower from it. Thus adding another "melee" morph to Blast would be pointless, let alone inferior. He further explained (by demonstrating through BwB using frags with stam build) that you can cloak your frag proc through a Critical Rush. On impact from Crit Rush you loose your frag which gives you time to get your WB off in which case you follow up with a med/Execute weave for the "gg." This was one of the many examples shown. Dude really knows his stuff. @Xael feel free to chime in if I misquoted you.

Edited by blur on September 2, 2015 8:09PM
  • fred.thomsonb16_ESO
    blur wrote: »

I remember him saying something on his stream about these proposed melee attacks, that we already use Wrecking Blow and get Empower from it. Thus adding another "melee" morph to Blast would be pointless, let alone inferior. He further explained (by demonstrating through BwB using frags with stam build) that you can cloak your frag proc through a Critical Rush. On impact from Crit Rush you loose your frag which gives you time to get your WB off in which case you follow up with a med/Execute weave for the "gg." This was one of the many examples shown. Dude really knows his stuff. @Xael feel free to chime in if I misquoted you.

This, but power surge until frag proc, curse, frag, CR, WB-weave/Mines, Exec/Streak - Is a pretty potent combo in need of either stamina synergy or hybrid passive benefits, one day maybe... 2H DW Mag/Stam Sorc is SOOO much fun, it just lacks SOOO much sustainable damage, the undaunted sets are even hinting at this sort of build but the skills just aren't compatible with the gear.