The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So...Looking at the Axe Changes and the Maelstrom DW weapon changes

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will they learn to not put massive buffs to something, even if they think it's just one little skill...because they're usually wrong. Any DKs test their DoTs with this yet?

Take a modest buff amount (~300-500 weapon/spell damage) and have it apply to all single target DoTs and last for 5 seconds.

Also, make Flurry trigger Surge heals. It would get used a TON more

I tested it with Unstable Flames, it actually didn't do as much as the Axe Bleed did

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I misread it as "Left Axe Changes"... and had a chill... damn memories!
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »

:bawling:

Berserker.jpg

YOU HAVE MY AXE!
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Just for *** and giggles, i was curious..You can use it then cast Velcious Curse as a Sorc and get the bonus ;o)

That's actually a DoT.

I meant to say can't use it..not can

It doesn't work on Velcious Curse

Really? Eric Wrobel flatly said Curse was intended to be the sorcerer's DoT, the damage just happened to hit all at once. According to his philosophy, curse should count as a DoT.
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for *** and giggles, i was curious..You can use it then cast Velcious Curse as a Sorc and get the bonus ;o)

That's actually a DoT.

I meant to say can't use it..not can

It doesn't work on Velcious Curse

Really? Eric Wrobel flatly said Curse was intended to be the sorcerer's DoT, the damage just happened to hit all at once. According to his philosophy, curse should count as a DoT.

Also Tested it couple times.
    It's not working, super annoying :disappointed:
  • ZOS_aoliver
    ZOS_aoliver
    ✭✭
    You are correct Xsorus. We spoke a little too hastily before: we have an open bug on Flurry receiving this bonus when it should not. We are still working on that issue. As for the bonus duration: the bonus is consumed when the DOT is applied to the target, and should last the entire duration of that DOT. Our DOT effects do not currently recalculate their damage per tick, so any changes to your bonuses after a DOT is applied will not change their value. Penalties applied to a target however (reduced spell resistance for example) could influence the value.

As for Flurry counting as a DOT effect in general: this is feedback we are aware of and we’re still looking into how to best address it.
    Tony Oliver - Designer
    Staff Post
  • Furor
    Furor
    ✭✭✭
    You are correct Xsorus. We spoke a little too hastily before: we have an open bug on Flurry receiving this bonus when it should not. We are still working on that issue. As for the bonus duration: the bonus is consumed when the DOT is applied to the target, and should last the entire duration of that DOT. Our DOT effects do not currently recalculate their damage per tick, so any changes to your bonuses after a DOT is applied will not change their value. Penalties applied to a target however (reduced spell resistance for example) could influence the value.

Has someone tested this spell damage bonus with Nightblade's Cripple?

Also has anyone confirmed if this works with Magicka Detonation?
    Furor Darkblade - VR16 Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cripple should work, magical det should not cause it's aoe.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As for Flurry counting as a DOT effect in general: this is feedback we are aware of and we’re still looking into how to best address it.

All channeled effects currently are a dot in this case, my issue with removing flurry proccing it is then flurry goes back to being kind of blah. The bigger issue is going to be soul assault in my opinion, I can already see rapid strikes, knockdown, soul assault combos wrecking people.

• Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

All channeled effects currently are a dot in this case, my issue with removing flurry proccing it is then flurry goes back to being kind of blah. The bigger issue is going to be soul assault in my opinion, I can already see rapid strikes, knockdown, soul assault combos wrecking people.

Indeed. Invasion /Petrify--> Flurry --> Beam
  • Furor
    Furor
    ✭✭✭
    And I'm assuming the 20% bonus spell damage buff would also increase the proc? So, theoretically if you had 2.6k spell damage unbuffed, used flurry (2,600+3,715=6,315*1.2=7,578 spell damage for a single target DOT) that's pretty insane...
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

Indeed. Invasion /Petrify--> Flurry --> Beam

nah, What you'd want to do on a DK for example would be Rapid Strikes/Obsidian Shard/Beam

• Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_aoliver side note the flurry as a dot has ruined it as a combo with surge... I know off topic but this is something to consider with the flurry as a dot scenario.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    #RemoveSurgeCD
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Leifnier
    Leifnier
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_aoliver As for flurry being considered a dot, I would suggest counting it as a channel and adding all of the damage together. This would open up a lot of options for stanina sorcerers in particular to reduce the monotony of wrecking blow spamming to get heals and damage.

And thank you for the response, and the information on the mechanics.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Some clarification atm iirc:
    Jabs = channel > should not work, sadly. THo if it works with Soulassault then strange, bc that is also a channel. Seems we have to test all abilities bc ZOS does not know which skills are DoTs/Channels/instant lol
    Flurry= DoT > should work

And LOL if that works on DK DoTS, holy f.. will that be OP dps. Can sb show a pciture of the weapon with the newest patch?
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Jabs = channel > should not work, sadly. THo if it works with Soulassault then strange, bc that is also a channel. Seems we have to test all abilities bc ZOS does not know which skills are DoTs/Channels/instant lol

And LOL if that works on DK DoTS, holy f.. will that be OP dps. Can sb show a pciture of the weapon with the newest patch?

Flurry is a channel like Soul Assault...Pretty much all Channels are nothing more then DOTS.

The reason Jabs doesn't work is because its actually an AOE...and it specifies single target abilities.

But it'll work on Vampires Bane for example and cripple from nightblade...But yea..the scariest dot right now that it works on is the Axe Bleed Proc....
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Flurry is a channel like Soul Assault...Pretty much all Channels are nothing more then DOTS.

The reason Jabs doesn't work is because its actually an AOE...and it specifies single target abilities.

But it'll work on Vampires Bane for example and cripple from nightblade...But yea..the scariest dot right now that it works on is the Axe Bleed Proc....

Does it work with Oblivion's Foe?
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah
    and after the two light axe attacks Molag Kena will proc
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it work with Oblivion's Foe?

It works with Soul Trap (which is surprising since Soul Trap is AOE) but yes.. it should work with oblivions
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_aoliver Heads up...Two hander is currently bugged on PTS, 2 Handed Axe will proc its bleed 100% of the time on hit.

• Furor
    Furor
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_aoliver Heads up...Two hander is currently bugged on PTS, 2 Handed Axe will proc its bleed 100% of the time on hit.

I've honestly never tested bleeds before because they've been so weak. Do bleeds stack or is the duration simply refreshed each time it's re-applied?
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furor wrote: »

I've honestly never tested bleeds before because they've been so weak. Do bleeds stack or is the duration simply refreshed each time it's re-applied?

It won't stack, it'll keep resetting the bleed...But having a 9k bleed proc everytime is dangerous
  • Leifnier
    Leifnier
    ✭✭✭
    @Xsorus Wait, so the axe bleed is affected by your stam/ weapon dmg?
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leifnier wrote: »
    @Xsorus Wait, so the axe bleed is affected by your stam/ weapon dmg?

Yes
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I am finding just ridiculous is that Axes got buffed which was sorely needed but nerfed at the same time but Greatswords damage bonuses now applies to all stamina based skills.... Like really ZOS ????
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I am finding just ridiculous is that Axes got buffed which was sorely needed but nerfed at the same time but Greatswords damage bonuses now applies to all stamina based skills.... Like really ZOS ????

they used to in all of 2.1- and to magicka as well.
    afaik, all that happens now is fixed tooltips and similar behavior of dw.

thus, you'll see casters (who left dw for 2h swords) go back to d2, most probably.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Nexus66
    Nexus66
    Soul Shriven
    Derra wrote: »
    Docmandu wrote: »

:bawling:

Berserker.jpg

YOU HAVE MY AXE!

Battler and Malice axe if i remember corectly?
    nice :)
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dark Cloak is still going to be king and nb's will not have to worry about this. However anyone without purge is going to feel this one. I think these daggers are something i may need to grab >:)

Hello bloodcraze ive missed you.

However, isn't it true that blocking or having shields on mitigate 100% of DoT damage? Which makes these weapons useless to begin with?
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on November 1, 2015 1:23AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Leifnier
    Leifnier
    ✭✭✭
    @GreenSoup2HoT If you spend all of your stanina blocking tics, you'll be dead anyway. That's also one of the bonuses of caltrops+ meteor and just swinging like crazy, they'll burn like half their stam blocking