The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

So...Looking at the Axe Changes and the Maelstrom DW weapon changes

Xsorus
Xsorus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Axes got a decent bleed now

8400+ damage bleed over 6 second (8% chance) to go off per axe.

But its the Maelstrom DW weapon i'm looking at thats scarying me.

Your flurry grants an extra 3715 Weapon Damage or Spell Damage on the next damage over time (single target) attack used...

Now.....I'm pretty sure Biting Jabs would count towards this..

• Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flurry has to complete its animation I assume? Or its the first hit of Flurry which connects?
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Testing it right now...I know spamming flurry right now does a STUPID amount of DPS though.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I don't get it. Spamming Flurry was already dealing a ton of damage with the 2.2.2 values. Doesn't really matter wether you can cancel Flurry though, it's so fast it makes no sense to cancel it and wait for the GCD for Jabs anyway. Besides that I doubt it would help to use Jabs at all single target then, since you get the buff only on half your attacks that way.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the real question.

Does flurry qualify as a DoT?
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »

Yes.

• FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »

Which could deserve a change with current balance for how required maelstrom weapons will be to use flurry.

Second problem here is flurry being a DOT doesnt work with crit surge ...... :(

Stam sorcs literally cant switch into DW out of 2H until its addressed.

@ZOS_RichLambert is this the right guy? #WhereIsWroebel
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks an upgrade for DK from Master's Sword, not like I ever received a Master's Sword mind you.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tested it...Its wonky on what abilities it works on...

For example..It works on Flurry (Back to back Flurries)

But it doesn't work on Biting jabs

It does work on Vampires Bane though.

• ZOS_aoliver
    ZOS_aoliver
    ✭✭
    Hey folks, hopefully we can clear up a few things about this weapon. For the purposes of this enchantment a damage over time does NOT include channeled abilities such as Flurry or Radiant Destruction. It will work with abilities like Twin Slashes, Poison Arrow, Searing Strike, and similar abilities that place a damaging effect with a duration on the target directly.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on October 26, 2015 5:53PM
    Tony Oliver - Designer
    Staff Post
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey folks, hopefully we can clear up a few things about this weapon. For the purposes of this enchantment a damage over time does NOT include channeled abilities such as Flurry or Radiant Destruction. It will work with abilities like Twin Slashes, Poison Arrow, Searing Strike, and similar abilities that place a damaging effect with a duration on the target directly.
    Does the bleed effect works against shields?
    Because I can!
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It appears to be working on Flurry...Or maybe i'm just seeing things..I'll test it some more.

It works on the dots that's for sure.

Also maybe you can clear something up since its hard to test (I kill mobs so fast) is the bonus only for the duration of 4 seconds or will it last the whole dot?

Edited by Xsorus on October 26, 2015 6:01PM
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_aoliver Does that mean Channeled attacks like Flurry will now qualify for Critical Surge heals?

I would very much like to run DW/SnB instead of DW/2H on my Stam Sorc :)
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Xsorus
      Xsorus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yea just tested it again...Its working on Flurry
      Oh and its working very weird.

The the last hit isn't being increased in damage..Every other thing is
      Edited by Xsorus on October 26, 2015 6:11PM
    2. r.jan_emailb16_ESO
      r.jan_emailb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭

This would be quite surprising, the abilities you mentioned counted as DoTs since the launch of this game.
      Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
      playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
    3. Xsorus
      Xsorus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just for *** and giggles, i was curious..You can use it then cast Velcious Curse as a Sorc and get the bonus ;o)

4. Xsorus
      Xsorus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @ZOS_aoliver Also you might want to check the axe change..I don't recall seeing it proc yet..granted most things die super fast.

5. r.jan_emailb16_ESO
      r.jan_emailb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Xsorus wrote: »
      Just for *** and giggles, i was curious..You can use it then cast Velcious Curse as a Sorc and get the bonus ;o)

Does it also work on, let's say, batswarm?
      Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
      playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
    6. ToRelax
      ToRelax
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Well it certainly looks to me as if it was intended to be used with Flurry spam. Like, it's so obvious, Flurry wasn't used that much and yet the only strong stamina DoT everyone could access (aside from Poison Injection in execute range).

Now with these drastically increased values, it's gonna be a nightmare to balance. Do you think it would be okay if any stamina dualwield user could buff his Soul Assault by 3715 weapon damage?
      Such drastic knee jerk reactions only cause more problems. Someone finds a way to use the things in a way you didn't expect and suddenly it's rediculous OP.
      If some skills are underperforming, they need to either be changed directly, or even better, be made worth using by a meta shift (in the right direction obv.). Trying to use these enchants to balance the game is a very, very bad idea.

7. danno8
      danno8
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Your flurry grants an extra 3715 Weapon Damage or Spell Damage on the next damage over time (single target) attack used...

Biting Jabs is not single target.
    8. Xsorus
      Xsorus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      danno8 wrote: »

You know what..that might be why now that I think about it.

I don't know..i'll test that

actually i don't have to..its only single target attacks

it does work on Soul Assault though...that will not be fun to get hit by.
      Edited by Xsorus on October 26, 2015 7:35PM
    9. Miwerton
      Miwerton
      ✭✭✭
      Nice to see axes and flurry getting amped up, especially since flurry took a 8% nerf hammer twice without a good reason.
      But yes Biting jabs and Flurry is counted as dots and not signle burst
    10. Derra
      Derra
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      danno8 wrote: »

You know what..that might be why now that I think about it.

I don't know..i'll test that

actually i don't have to..its only single target attacks

it does work on Soul Assault though...that will not be fun to get hit by.

I already see the trollstamsorcs:

Flurry => Runeprison => Soulassault

Dead in breakfreeanimation.
      <Noricum>
      I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
      Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

11. Zinaroth
      Zinaroth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It should only work on proper DoT effects that aren't channeled abilities IMO.

So it shouldn't work with itself, Jabs, Soul Assault, Jesus Beam, Curse (which is just a delayed damage affect, not a DoT). No matter if they're single target or AoE.

What it should work with are abilities like Vampire's Bane, the DK single target DoT, Poison Injection, the dual wield bleed (Twin Slashes?), Destructive Touch etc etc. These are abilities that deliver true damage over time effects but aren't channeled.
    12. KenaPKK
      KenaPKK
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Bashev wrote: »
      Does the bleed effect works against shields?

This is the crucial question.

All "bleeds" should...but alas...
      Kena
      Legion XIII
      Excellence without elitism
      Premier small scale PvP

Legend
      NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
      Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
      Nightblade Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
      https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
      https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    13. Xsorus
      Xsorus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I will say this..you don't want to be on the business end of the Axe Bleed after this goes off.

Seen it crit for 8000

But yea...with mind you...2600 Weapon Damage and 35k Stamina I was able to get soul assault to crit for 8000 a tic or so after rapid strikes (normal is 5k)

But DWing 2 of these Maelstrom Axes will be actually quite nasty if you don't have a shield to purge the Bleed.

or you're not a nightblade who can just stealth.

Edited by Xsorus on October 26, 2015 8:14PM
    14. Leifnier
      Leifnier
      ✭✭✭
      @ZOS_aoliver I, too would like to know if it is true that flurry isn't supposed to be classified as a dot. Because on live it currently is, which means crit surge doesn't work from it.

Clarification here would be very appreciated. As a stam sorc, I would love switching to dw as my main bar, but losing out on the healing just makes it not worth it.
    15. Joy_Division
      Joy_Division
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

That's actually a DoT.
    16. Zinaroth
      Zinaroth
      ✭✭✭✭✭

That's actually a DoT.

Nah it's a delayed damage effect, just like Magicka Detonation.
    17. cschwingeb14_ESO
      cschwingeb14_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭
      When will they learn to not put massive buffs to something, even if they think it's just one little skill...because they're usually wrong. Any DKs test their DoTs with this yet?

Take a modest buff amount (~300-500 weapon/spell damage) and have it apply to all single target DoTs and last for 5 seconds.

Also, make Flurry trigger Surge heals. It would get used a TON more
    18. Xsorus
      Xsorus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

That's actually a DoT.

I meant to say can't use it..not can

It doesn't work on Velcious Curse