Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So... Paid race changes and name changes?

• AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nikkor wrote: »
    I'm sorry to sound impatient. It's not my style with games and features. But this feature needs to become a number one priority yesterday. Delay rosin I a month and get this feature to us nov 18th. Put orsiniumnout December 18th.

Thank you

Where is that LoL button when you really need it?
  • srs121
    srs121
    ✭✭
    I'm completely against allowing users to change Their race and class. Doing this would change the game play... Any time a change is made To a race, or class... Everyone would want to change their character to the class which is "better". Cosmetics make more sense, even though personally I make my choices very carefully and know that once I make this character there is no changing it... So you simply have to take the time to make sure you fully approve of how your character appears.

From everything I have looked at, tested, and discussed with multiple gamers about these racial and class passive/ability changes.. There is not one class that took a beating while the other became a god. If you would like a different race, or class style...simply create a new character and level them up. Just because you read this persons guide, or that ones and well they said this race and class are the best by far.., they are wrong. The group I play with has multiple characters, ranging from many races and class combos and are all highly effective, and able to complete all the hardest end-game content and pvp with ease.

Ok now onto my personal wish list

1. racial abilties (we have the passives...why not add some moves to further increase build diversity and complexity?)
    2. Some sort of 1handed Magic weapon (wand, etc..) and the ability to use an offhand item with this, something 'magic infused' (orbs, magically items). Which would act as a shield, however adds damage/buffs (replace the need for magicka users to duel wield swords
    3. Weapon Ultimates
    4. End of Dungeon damage meters (would display damage outputs of moves used, healing done, criticals, etc..). Basically an overall of your characters performance in that specific dungeon/fight.
    5. New weapon types
    Interested in joining a PvE focused clan? Feel free to contact me.

Alliance : Aldmeri Dominion
    Platform : Playstation 4
    PSN : srs121
    Server : North American
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to agree with the "better lighting for character creation" crowd. The Wailing Prison was okay in some respects, but having the option to change the lighting to "full bright white," "natural daylight," "natural moonlight," etc. would help a lot.

It may be too complicated to do, but being able to swap gear while in character creation would also be nice, so we can test changes with different motifs/equips to ensure we don't end up with an unsatisfactory result and have to buy another appearance change token.

Another random idea would be a "premium" appearance change that can unlock certain sliders beyond normal limits. For example, a 10% or 20% Taller-or-Shorter-than-normal option, so we can see those damned Undaunted eye-to-eye. :P Though this may result in some freakishly tall Altmer (yay, clipping?), unfairly short Bosmer (harder to target in PvP?), and I have no idea whether any of the other body sliders could be affected at all. So, probably not viable.

Finally, I would like to STRONGLY urge the developers to allow users to create an Appearance Template Key that saves all the slider settings, which we can then copy-paste in to restore appearance sliders to a certain state. For example, creating an alt in another faction for event purposes, to ensure their appearance is mirrored. Or, if you have a body or face type you favor, you can copy-paste that into a new alt.

Right now, I basically have to use screenshots to mirror a character's appearance. It's kind of a messy process.
          In verity.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    srs121 wrote: »
    I'm completely against allowing users to change Their race and class. Doing this would change the game play... Any time a change is made To a race, or class... Everyone would want to change their character to the class which is "better". Cosmetics make more sense, even though personally I make my choices very carefully and know that once I make this character there is no changing it... So you simply have to take the time to make sure you fully approve of how your character appears.

From everything I have looked at, tested, and discussed with multiple gamers about these racial and class passive/ability changes.. There is not one class that took a beating while the other became a god. If you would like a different race, or class style...simply create a new character and level them up. Just because you read this persons guide, or that ones and well they said this race and class are the best by far.., they are wrong. The group I play with has multiple characters, ranging from many races and class combos and are all highly effective, and able to complete all the hardest end-game content and pvp with ease.

Ok now onto my personal wish list

1. racial abilties (we have the passives...why not add some moves to further increase build diversity and complexity?)
    2. Some sort of 1handed Magic weapon (wand, etc..) and the ability to use an offhand item with this, something 'magic infused' (orbs, magically items). Which would act as a shield, however adds damage/buffs (replace the need for magicka users to duel wield swords
    3. Weapon Ultimates
    4. End of Dungeon damage meters (would display damage outputs of moves used, healing done, criticals, etc..). Basically an overall of your characters performance in that specific dungeon/fight.
    5. New weapon types

Virtually every magicka and stamina regen race is better than the other races since 1.6. Basically everyone not playing a regen race post soft cap removal got effed in the ay. So we should all just reroll. Bitçh please.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • slumber_sandb16_ESO
    slumber_sandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love a class change option either through in game means or through the crown store. I have spent so much time on this character, especially on crafting and leveling. I really dont want to do it all over again but I'd still want to try the other classes in end game etc.

Currently playing a dragonknight tank, am very curious if I could make a nightblade tank work but have no desire to go through the whole leveling process all over again. I'm a one character kind of player.
    It wouldnt give anyone any kind of advantage or pay to win feature, its just a class change.
    If its put in the crown store, along with other stuff like that, then ZOS can gain a steady stream of income which will help further development.
  • His Crayness
    I don't mean to sound irate, but I'm sick of people binding race change to class change.
    They are different.
    Class change on a whim has the capacity to ruin the game.
    Race change does not.
    How does it affect anyone else whether I have to grind for a week to get a new character up (based on a desire for a different race), or whether I can just drink a race-change potion?
    The way people personalise an issue that has zero impact on them is annoying.
    The discussion keeps getting dissolved by people who miss the point that diversity and customisation needs to reach a balance to keep people interested.
    The idea of penalisation based on some sense of duty to a "decision you made that you have to honour" is so far fetched it's ridiculous.
    This is a game.
    Race change will not break it.
    Race change will not break your immersion in lore.
    You want to stay bound to your initial choice? Good for you, you do that, don't buy the Race Change option.
    Don't enforce your beliefs on me.
  • Aoife32001
    Aoife32001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eiagra wrote: »
    I want to agree with the "better lighting for character creation" crowd. The Wailing Prison was okay in some respects, but having the option to change the lighting to "full bright white," "natural daylight," "natural moonlight," etc. would help a lot.

Star Trek Online did this very well. I would encourage the developers to look there for some ideas on character creation and post-creation editing
  • ferhestr
    ferhestr
    The whole system is still very much in the development phase, so your suggestions, ideas, and comments are noted and appreciated. :) Please continue to let us know what you'd like to see in this system!

My suggestion is to do it simple to have it as soon as possible. Something like the Dye Station but from the Crown Store. People has required this feature since the remove of the Soft Cap for the characters. So now ZOS have decide to implement I will suggest to have it easy and quick.
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dedhed wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Will there be an option to shorten Khajiit tails? I keep wanting to make and making Khajiit characters, but the way the last foot or so of the tail flops around is sssooo off putting that I just can't play them :(

/lol

I honestly laughed so hard.
    Edited by Xantaria on October 16, 2015 11:08AM
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GTech_1 wrote: »
    Cathexis wrote: »
    Price doesn't have to be low either I'd probably shell out about 50$ for this (its not like I'm going to do this all the time).
    Kwivur wrote: »
    This is needed. I'd pay $50 for this too.

I certainly hope you two are kidding ... $50 for this feature would be absolutely appalling.

1000crowns seems fair if its cheap enough ppl will do it a lot and zos makes money.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Prizax wrote: »
    The whole system is still very much in the development phase, so your suggestions, ideas, and comments are noted and appreciated. :) Please continue to let us know what you'd like to see in this system!

I would like to be able to change my racial passives but NOT my racial looks... ;)

That should only ever happen they day after they've removed Elder Scrolls from the game's title.

I tend to agree that this doesn't make a lot of sense to me, there should be some integrity to selecting a specific race.

That said I'm not against some sort of creative changes to the way races function. I have read on the forums interesting ideas about how to redistribute racials such that you have a maximum number of points you can put in among a larger pool of racial options. So there is that idea to consider.

Actually there's an ad quest where a dunmer turned into an argonian with a potion just saying it happened in the game so its kinda legit lore friendly.
  • Aoife32001
    Aoife32001
    ✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Prizax wrote: »

I would like to be able to change my racial passives but NOT my racial looks... ;)

That should only ever happen they day after they've removed Elder Scrolls from the game's title.

I tend to agree that this doesn't make a lot of sense to me, there should be some integrity to selecting a specific race.

That said I'm not against some sort of creative changes to the way races function. I have read on the forums interesting ideas about how to redistribute racials such that you have a maximum number of points you can put in among a larger pool of racial options. So there is that idea to consider.

Actually there's an ad quest where a dunmer turned into an argonian with a potion just saying it happened in the game so its kinda legit lore friendly.

The question is, was it a change of substance or only of accidents?
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're working on both along with a full suit of character re-customization options (what people often refer to as the "barber shop") but we do not have an estimated timeframe for their release. They will not be in for Orsinium, but know that we are actively working on this feature.

Cash shop or gold?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aoife32001 wrote: »
    Eiagra wrote: »

Star Trek Online did this very well. I would encourage the developers to look there for some ideas on character creation and post-creation editing

Perhaps this starts the idea for just stations no different that armor dye stations.
    It's why I really believe cosmetic changes should be free.
    Physical changes maybe should cost a little gold cause that's completely different

The race, class, name and gender are pretty much crownish now as I read more responses
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on October 17, 2015 3:44AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So IMO...if ZOS is taking feedback

The barbershop (step 1 to options) should offer anything on character screens 2 and on for a cost of free - 5k gold max.

I think it's screen 2 that has how fit, large and skinny you are

These would be stations similar to the dye stations and for simplicity, I'd place them cosmetically connected to any and all dye stations. The visual representation would be a glory looking arrangement of bottles, sacks, and boxes sitting on a very small table that will fit within the dye station space

Now within the UI when we click the dye station we would have additional pages (the exact pages from character creation) but we see this using the dye station lighting. It's all magical so that's the bags, box, bottles that are glowy and this to me seems to simplify the barbershop.

They could draw up he art and roll this out in 30-45 days as long as there isn't a save bug on character cosmetic changes.

The race, gender, name, class if all offered wouldn't be a part of the barbershop.

[img]https://www.google.com/search?q=glow+bottles+and+sacks&amp;client=safari&amp;hl=en-us&amp;prmd=sivn&amp;source=lnms&amp;tbm=isch&amp;sa=X&amp;ved=0CAgQ_AUoAmoVChMIwLT0x83IyAIVS8uACh308w6a#imgrc=49RiMZrSyDzSCM: [\img][/img]
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I want to know is if you plan on adding the barber feature to the cash shop or is there going to be a barber shop in the game where we can make changes for gold. Obviously, charging crowns for race change is fine I got nothing against that. @ZOS
    Edited by tordr86b16_ESO on October 17, 2015 5:10AM
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call me a dissenter but I am against certain changes under certain conditions:

- barber shop; all cosmetic changes including gender and height (gold)

- race / class change.......I'm personally against both of these but of they are offered they should be seldom and expensive (crowns only)

- name change......again against this but if offered you should only be allowed 1 name change per toon ever (crowns only)

- alliance change ...never ever ever should this be allowed.
  • Aoife32001
    Aoife32001
    ✭✭✭✭
    So IMO...if ZOS is taking feedback

The barbershop (step 1 to options) should offer anything on character screens 2 and on for a cost of free - 5k gold max.

I think it's screen 2 that has how fit, large and skinny you are

These would be stations similar to the dye stations and for simplicity, I'd place them cosmetically connected to any and all dye stations. The visual representation would be a glory looking arrangement of bottles, sacks, and boxes sitting on a very small table that will fit within the dye station space

Now within the UI when we click the dye station we would have additional pages (the exact pages from character creation) but we see this using the dye station lighting. It's all magical so that's the bags, box, bottles that are glowy and this to me seems to simplify the barbershop.

They could draw up he art and roll this out in 30-45 days as long as there isn't a save bug on character cosmetic changes.

The race, gender, name, class if all offered wouldn't be a part of the barbershop.

[img]https://www.google.com/search?q=glow+bottles+and+sacks&amp;client=safari&amp;hl=en-us&amp;prmd=sivn&amp;source=lnms&amp;tbm=isch&amp;sa=X&amp;ved=0CAgQ_AUoAmoVChMIwLT0x83IyAIVS8uACh308w6a#imgrc=49RiMZrSyDzSCM: [\img][/img]

+1
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    - race / class change.......I'm personally against both of these but of they are offered they should be seldom and expensive (crowns only)

5K crowns, all achievements, skillpoints, XP etc get wiped, and you start in the Coldharbour Prison at level 1. Alternatively, you keep skillpoints, etc, but can only choose one of the other two races in your alliance.

That's really the only two ways I can see it work.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zos slogan "soon" needs to be present
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should not be allowed to change your race, class, or Alliance.

Cosmetic only.

Everyone will be the FotM ... oh wait that means they'll spend more crowns...

well @#$!$%$c :'(
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Godspeed
    Godspeed
    ✭✭✭
    How some people could be against allowing race change is amazing. How does it effect your gameplay if someone changes the race of their character? Stop worrying about what someone else is doing and mind your own business.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not against it. I just don't see how they can do this on the back end of the game. Too much needs to happen with a race change. I can see them possibly adding cosmetic changes but a race change is basically resetting all of your skill points, removing the old race and replacing it with the new one. With the race change you would want to tailor the looks before "saving" the new race and that means somehow making the character creation engine available in game. I just don't see them doing this because that is a lot of moving code that needs to happen.

It's taking them quite some time to just work out the cosmetic change option or barber shop I think some are calling it. That is going to mean bringing that part of the character creation engine into the game so I wouldn't expect them to add race changes anytime soon if ever. Just being realistic from a coding standpoint.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Godspeed wrote: »
    How some people could be against allowing race change is amazing. How does it effect your gameplay if someone changes the race of their character? Stop worrying about what someone else is doing and mind your own business.
    If suddenly all the opponents in PvP are Imperial (example), and I am Bosmer (example), it may seriously affect how I set up my build for PvP, as I would need to take into account the sudden increase of opponents with more health and stamina due to the Imperial passives. That's a major effect on my gameplay.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Dedhed
    Dedhed
    ✭✭✭

Awesome :smile: I request

1 - Ability to adjust tail length for characters with them

2 - Ability to color tattoos and adornments

3 - More horn/antler options for Wood Elves

4 - More ear tuft options for Khajiit
    "This is like talking to breakfast cereal" -- Fredericks in Otherland talking about Wicked Tribe. Also a great description of zone chat.
  • Layght
    Layght
    ✭✭✭
    the possibility to change the classes would good !
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom What I would like to see is just being able to return to the initial creation screen so we can make different selections- including name change. We could select new race, new class, appearance, etc... instead of doing only individual changes, such as with 'appearance scroll', 'class scroll', 'race scroll', things like that. I'm not sure how ZOS is working to add these options to the game, but it would be nice if it were with an option to change multiple things at once instead of individually.
    CP: 1920 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****