Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Let's talk Wrothgar resource nodes

Rosveen
Rosveen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Crafting Node Scaling
  • Raw materials in Wrothgar will look like (and drop) materials based on the peak of your aptitude in the craft they are associated with. This applies to Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothing, Enchanting, and Alchemy Water in Wrothgar.
    • For example, if you have Metalworking 9 and Woodworking 1, you will encounter Voidstone Ore and Maple Wood in the wild since your Metalworking level is high, but Woodworking is of a lower level.
    • If your tradeskill mastery is sufficient to work in Rubedite, Ruby Ash Wood, or Ancestor Silk, you will have a chance at encountering them in the world.
  • Hide that is normally provided by an animal will scale to the Tailoring rank of the player character looting the animal. This is to ensure everyone gets materials they can use, at any level.
  • Player characters in a group with differing ranks in Tailoring will all get different levels of hide.

Now here's my situation: I have three dedicated crafters. One for equipment crafts, one for alchemy and enchanting, one for provisioning (used to also do blacksmithing before I realized I'd have to learn all motifs twice and moved the craft to the first char). Let's ignore provisioning because ingredients aren't level-scaled. This leaves me with two chars. None of my other characters put any points into the main crafting passives covered by my crafters. And why would they? It would defeat the purpose of having dedicated crafters. It worked perfectly - until Wrothgar.

In Wrothgar most of the characters I actively play will loot nothing but tier 1 materials. I'll drown in maple, iron and natural water. Harvesting will be almost completely pointless (I'll still get tempers from refining all that raw hide...). The only way to acquire high level mats will be focused farming runs with my crafters and deconstructing looted items. No more casual gathering while I'm out questing.

But here's ZOS's reasoning: "This is to ensure everyone gets materials they can use, at any level."
In that case, shouldn't resource nodes scale to character level, not crafting passives? I don't need wood my alchemist can work with because she will never be crafting any staves - but I could use materials in her level range so I can replace her equipment when she levels up, either with my own woodworker or by asking another player to craft something in a style I don't know.

Thoughts? Opinions?
Edited by Rosveen on October 6, 2015 12:15PM
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of like the way that they will scale the nodes. I think it is very clever.

However, I do see your point. I have 1 character that crafts everything, except potions (havent gotten around to grinding that one). I can just send her out to gather, but she is very weak. And did you notice the tidbit about the rate of one of the mats being tied to the number of chapters known?

Would be cool if it scaled to account high passive. This change may be deliberate though, to eat some skill points or actually play crafters.
  • timparr
    timparr
    Soul Shriven
    I agree with the above - account high passive would solve all the problems while still keeping to the spirit of the change. My question would be why limit it to the new zone. If we are going to to this then shouldn't ALL zones then scale in the same way?
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thats exactly the point, they dont want you to pick up v15-16 mats with chars that are rank 1 of the corresponding profession. Right now it takes very long to gather 500-600 v15-16 mats so I think its great that this has been made easier.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My only VR16 is also fully leveled in all crafts. I haven't learned all weapons and skill lines, but since I can only use 10/2 at one time, I have more than enough skill points to do crafting, have a large number of skills and passives, and still have skill points left over. Any reason your crafters can't do quests? And if you don't want to, I would guess they can still harvest in Orsinium, though that is not ideal or time-efficient.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    timparr wrote: »
    I agree with the above - account high passive would solve all the problems while still keeping to the spirit of the change. My question would be why limit it to the new zone. If we are going to to this then shouldn't ALL zones then scale in the same way?

Well gathering low level mats for alts or to sell would be more difficult if all the zones scaled.
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ourorboros My crafter is only vr1. Its convenient to get to craglorn.

I do plan on leveling my main, but wasnt going to max out the skill lines. But like you said, at max level the skill points are there to do it.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well you have 27 days to level your alts up to level 50 crafters in blacksmith, tailor and carpenter. Or you could do it while in Orsinium since you'll be getting low level mats until you do.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    My only VR16 is also fully leveled in all crafts. I haven't learned all weapons and skill lines, but since I can only use 10/2 at one time, I have more than enough skill points to do crafting, have a large number of skills and passives, and still have skill points left over. Any reason your crafters can't do quests? And if you don't want to, I would guess they can still harvest in Orsinium, though that is not ideal or time-efficient.

I have to admit I'm in the same situation - my only VR16 is a fully maxed crafter. And having declared my bias, I'm all for the way Orsinium is designed :)

Having said that, I'm not too sure that this is the best way forward for crafting (and the majority of crafters), but then again it's an improvement on IC.

Now, if only they'd do something about upping the writ requirements... and rewards.
  • CravenWaffles
    "This is to ensure everyone gets materials they can use, at any level."---um, that you can use to craft with yes..that you can actually 'use' at your character's level..certainly not. You could be level 40 picking up VR16 mats you won't be able to wear for ages.

Besides, some people just don't like crafting, so they provide mats to players that can, but now to get mats for their level they will have to craft and obtain enough skill points to invest in them or rely on deconstruction. There are plenty of places to get mats below VR15, so, I guess this will be more of an issue to those VR15+ people that don't craft and don't like IC or just haven't leveled it on their alts..not worth stopping to get some maple at VR16. Having the nodes scale to whichever is greater-character level or max craft level would be an option.
    EU AD- VR16 DK Tank, VR16 Templar Healer, VR1 NB In Limbo; EP-VR3 DK Crafter
    STAIRS?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm just gonna go ahead and cloak now. You can't hear me crying if I cloak!
  • rich.magab14a_ESO
    rich.magab14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Crafting Node Scaling
    • Raw materials in Wrothgar will look like (and drop) materials based on the peak of your aptitude in the craft they are associated with. This applies to Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothing, Enchanting, and Alchemy Water in Wrothgar.
      • For example, if you have Metalworking 9 and Woodworking 1, you will encounter Voidstone Ore and Maple Wood in the wild since your Metalworking level is high, but Woodworking is of a lower level.
      • If your tradeskill mastery is sufficient to work in Rubedite, Ruby Ash Wood, or Ancestor Silk, you will have a chance at encountering them in the world.
    • Hide that is normally provided by an animal will scale to the Tailoring rank of the player character looting the animal. This is to ensure everyone gets materials they can use, at any level.
    • Player characters in a group with differing ranks in Tailoring will all get different levels of hide.

Now here's my situation: I have three dedicated crafters. One for equipment crafts, one for alchemy and enchanting, one for provisioning (used to also do blacksmithing before I realized I'd have to learn all motifs twice and moved the craft to the first char). Let's ignore provisioning because ingredients aren't level-scaled. This leaves me with two chars. None of my other characters put any points into the main crafting passives covered by my crafters. And why would they? It would defeat the purpose of having dedicated crafters. It worked perfectly - until Wrothgar.

In Wrothgar most of the characters I actively play will loot nothing but tier 1 materials. I'll drown in maple, iron and natural water. Harvesting will be almost completely pointless (I'll still get tempers from refining all that raw hide...). The only way to acquire high level mats will be focused farming runs with my crafters and deconstructing looted items. No more casual gathering while I'm out questing.

But here's ZOS's reasoning: "This is to ensure everyone gets materials they can use, at any level."
    In that case, shouldn't resource nodes scale to character level, not crafting passives? I don't need wood my alchemist can work with because she will never be crafting any staves - but I could use materials in her level range so I can replace her equipment when she levels up, either with my own woodworker or by asking another player to craft something in a style I don't know.

Thoughts? Opinions?

You arent able to casual loot v15 and v16 mats currently. No matter what you feel about it, there is no denying that gathering these nodes will be better than what it is now.
    Loki Ironheart
    Loki Firespitter
    Gattica!!
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Based on the battle-leveling my Max Crafter VR6 was getting last night on PTS I see Wrothgar as a very lucrative harvest zone. I didn't have 10/10 turned on yet since IC and Crag were still too beyond my level so I was still only seeing Star Dew and Void/Shadow/Nightwood. But I'll turn it on today and see how it goes.

I had no problem running some of the dungeons last night and overland was doable as well. More doable than Craglorn on Live will ever be at VR6 w/o any Battle-leveling.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that the new resource node idea.

Because you won't have as many random farmers.

Just either play the character that can gather top shelf crafting mats.

Or the other one and ingnor the low level nodes.

I can't see the problem.

Plus any character can have some many skill points just from playing casually,

and if this is still a problem just save those "increase experience from deconstructing" items, send them to your lower alt, and your crafting skills go up very quickly. Apply perks, and badabing badaboom, you can collect them now! YAY!

You complaining/lazy people will just gotta work a little harder.

Thank Talos it's Fredas.
  • Stickleback
    Stickleback
    ✭✭
    After the latest (IC) patch, I've seen Craglorn turn from a node rich enviroment to a place that's overfarmed, making it very hard for crafters to find enough mats to do writs. The only place you can find enough mats to do your crafting is on traders. Which given the higher demand (due to the glass pages) is only logical.

Limiting the amount of people that can farm the nodes to dedicated crafters, is a nice boon for those of us who have slightly gimped our chars to max out crafting. But then ZOS seems to take away that boon when you pick up the 10/10 writ and read the requirements.

Seems like nobody wins..
    EU server / Ebonheart Pact

Vavara - Templar Healer
    Stickleback - DK Tank
    Stickle'back - Sorc DPS
    Chops - NB DPS
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After the latest (IC) patch, I've seen Craglorn turn from a node rich enviroment to a place that's overfarmed, making it very hard for crafters to find enough mats to do writs. The only place you can find enough mats to do your crafting is on traders. Which given the higher demand (due to the glass pages) is only logical.

Limiting the amount of people that can farm the nodes to dedicated crafters, is a nice boon for those of us who have slightly gimped our chars to max out crafting. But then ZOS seems to take away that boon when you pick up the 10/10 writ and read the requirements.

Seems like nobody wins..
    Craglorn overfarmed? Maybe, but not on the NA DC server. If anything, there are so many nodes in Upper Craglorn, I've been wondering if farmers are taking any nirn and leaving the rest. And one rarely sees farmers in Lower Craglorn, where nodes are plentiful. No doubt the later will change once nirn can be farmed throughout Craglorn.

Getting back to OP, I understand Orsinium will force players to make some unpleasant choices. Having crafting split among characters is suddenly a hindrance where previously it was a boon. But that is all overshadowed now that we have seen drop rates for v15-16 mats are very low. Unless this changes, crafters will have to choose whether they go max passives to farm new mats, or stay 9/10 in passives so as to not throw those hard earned v15 mats away on writs for a chance at glass fragments. If new mats stay this rare, I'll have to level a non-crafter to do writs in Craglorn while my main farms Orsinium, rarely (never?) doing writs there. So like OP, I'm not liking where Orsinium is forcing us to go.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like Crafting Node Scaling
    And it's like only one zone
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    timparr wrote: »
    If we are going to to this then shouldn't ALL zones then scale in the same way?

+1

PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

EXACTLY! AMEN! PREACH IT! Etc. :)

Furthermore consider this scenario. My husband has his main character as his master of all crafts, which he has maxed out. For him this means that as he gathers while playing in Wrothgar he will be getting the highest tier materials, the thing is.... he's only veteran 3, so he can only Use Kresh Fiber, Calcinium Ore, and Birch Wood - which he won't be picking up as he plays there, so he'll have to go somewhere else to obtain those if he wants new gear. It doesn't matter that he could craft with those higher materials if he can't actually wear that stuff (granted he could craft things for other people of higher levels, but...).

Since lots of people do tend to max out crafting on one character and not do it with others (which makes perfect sense to me, esp. given the rare motifs) the result is going to be more top tier mats, a flood of base mats, and not so much in between despite people having characters at those in between levels that they'd like to craft for. Of course you can still go back and harvest in the regular zones, so it's not like this is the end of the world, but the point is that it's extra time spent specifically going back to farm the existing zones that could have been avoided if one was gathering Useful materials while playing the new content. (The suggestion that this should be applied everywhere would be Disastrous! in that it would basically force everyone to level every craft on every character in sync with their character level in order to be getting the materials they need for the gear they are using. Please. No.)

The logic of the choice to base it off craft level just fails. The materials you can USE are the materials at your Character Level. Their statement there assumes that every character makes everything for themselves or only gathers for their own craft (which would be so inefficient!), AND more importantly that they keep their crafting levels exactly inline with their Character level. With a craft based system instead of a character based system, the usefulness of gathering is diminished if your craft is either above or below your level. The answer to this of course is 'gathering alts' where you have specifically leveled crafts to different levels on each of your characters.... which is a silly, time&resource consuming solution to deal with a badly thought out harvesting system.
    Edited by Aelthwyn on October 11, 2015 11:01AM
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scaling nodes to skill points is the only correct way. If you consider yourself a crafter, then you surely can invest the points. If you level your crafters to about vr3 and fetch Cyrodiil skyshards, you can have all profesions on them.

Having said that, i don't like the Wrothgar scaling and randomness of nodes at all. Writs and crafting at top level with multiple toons require hundreds of mats per day. Currently Wrothgar just can't supply that much because 10-20% of nodes actully give vr15+ mats and most give one tier lower. My results are here . That nightwood is just garbage now, effectively reducing node count by 80-90%.

Old zones should retain their mats, as all of them are still needed to make gear for levelers, and Wrothgar should provide plenty of vr15+ mats without scaling nor randomness.
    Edited by helediron on October 11, 2015 1:48PM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will stop non crafters from harvesting nodes and bringing prices of materials down..

I like the change and feel that it should be made like this in all areas..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    It will stop non crafters from harvesting nodes and bringing prices of materials down..

I like the change and feel that it should be made like this in all areas..

And then you will only ever be able to harvest the top level that your craft is at...or maple.
    Think about that for a moment.
    This means if you want to make stuff for any characters not at the same level as your crafter's unlocked passives you are out of luck. You would have to make gathering alts with their craft strategically leveled and then kept locked at that point so you can harvest that level of material, and then you will only get that material when you log in with that character.

This will not work. This is Utterly Senselss. Doing it in Wrothgar is one thing but it SHOULD NOT be done everywhere.

If you have your crafter at 9 out of 9 passives on the crafts, they will always be harvesting the high level mats. Then if you decide to level any lower alts and aren't simultaneously working all their crafting levels up, they will be gathering iron, maple, and jute forever, and your crafter will be harvesting nightwood, voidstone, voidbloom. You will Not be Able to pick up oak, dwarven ore, cotton, calcinium, mahogany, etc. for all the in between levels, unless the current zones remain as they are.

If you have to craft in order to obtain materials, this is going to encourage everyone to level crafts on all their characters. Sure some may ignore the crafts altogether as they already do, but I don't think this is really going to help the crafter's market much if anyone with a mild interest in crafting or a desire to pick up everything they pass by is being urged to go ahead and level crafting for themselves, on every single toon.

As a very dedicated crafter I really REALLY appreciate being able to harvest materials as I quest with All my characters rather than having to spend extra time farming only on my crafting characters. Doing a harvest run on one character and picking up materials for all the crafts is So much more efficient than doing the same run with three different characters to get the same amount of materials because they're passing by all the nodes that they don't personally use - but I as a Player will Use. Such a change will push people not to specialize, but instead to do everything on everyone, and that really doesn't make sense for role playing and making Unique characters!
    Edited by Aelthwyn on October 13, 2015 12:50AM
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a note as of the latest patch 2.2.1 PTS.

(Posted to PTS forum)
    Did the patch change the Orsinium Writs/Material Leveling again?

I just pulled a Clothing Writ from the Orsinium City board and received a Writ for Belkarth, Craglorn.

ORwrit.jpg

The character is VR6 with L50 Clothing Skill with 10/10 material passive. I thought the writs were still tied to material skill levels with Orsinium. Did today's patch add back in a character usable check as well?

Or is the writ board not accepting that I have access to Orsinium as a VR6 character with battle leveling.

If the writ board in Orsinium is going to use requirement tables all the way from Veteran 14 to Veteran 16 we will have to jump all the way back and forth between Craglorn and Orsinium.

If the Orsinium writ board has the same character level check as Craglorn does for VR1 then that should be noted in the patch notes or add a notice to the writ board that you will still only receive VR14 material writs unless you are character level VR15.

There appears to be some extra checks on the Orsinium writ board that even if you collect the V15/16 mats you may or may not get V15/16 writs.

Any actual V15/16 character do an Orsinium Writ yet?
    Edited by SpAEkus on October 13, 2015 12:37AM
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aelthwyn wrote: »

And then you will only ever be able to harvest the top level that your craft is at...or maple.
    Think about that for a moment.

Remember back even before when high level provisoners couldn't get low level recipes anymore from containers.

Edited by SpAEkus on October 13, 2015 12:43AM
  • pelennor_fields
    pelennor_fields
    ✭✭✭
  • winterbornb14_ESO
    winterbornb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If they make it so we can not have low character level but max crafting level alts then we are done, screw that crap! The reason we stopped leveling that character is because we didn't like it and turned it into something useful a crafting alt.

Are they going to give us a refund for all the mats, motifs and money invested? Sounds like more ZO$ grinding mechanics to me.

Is ZO$ trying to beat EA at its own reputation?
    Edited by winterbornb14_ESO on October 13, 2015 6:10PM
  • AFrostWolf
    AFrostWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a dedicated Crafter. There are enough skill points in the game that you can max out all class skills, 2 weapon lines, all crafting, all racials, and then some. The DLC will add more quest line Skill points, More skyshards, ect. It's possible to do everything many times over on all characters except research and motifs, which wouldn't matter anyways as long as one character has them. (Account-wide please?)

This update doesn't effect me because I've put time and effort gathering all the skill points I can. If you do the same on every single character then this doesn't effect you at all.
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFrostWolf wrote: »
    I have a dedicated Crafter. There are enough skill points in the game that you can max out all class skills, 2 weapon lines, all crafting, all racials, and then some. The DLC will add more quest line Skill points, More skyshards, ect. It's possible to do everything many times over on all characters except research and motifs, which wouldn't matter anyways as long as one character has them. (Account-wide please?)

This update doesn't effect me because I've put time and effort gathering all the skill points I can. If you do the same on every single character then this doesn't effect you at all.

I realize this is an old post but I just started playing again after many months hiatus and I'm starting to see the ramifications of this whole Wrothgar mess with harvesting. Why should players be forced to level up multiple characters in the same crafting skill just to harvest materials? This is lacking any sort of logic and for those of us that already set in stone which characters have crafting skills long before this update occurred this is seriously disruptive.

Prior to this change I had two main characters set up like this:

NB - I had little desire to use this character for anything other than DPS and wanted to focus on bow mostly (with one or two alternate weapons like daggers and 2H). That made this character ideal for learning the bulk of my crafting skills since I didn't need much flexibility for combat.

-max blacksmithing
    -max clothing
    -max woodworking
    -max provisioning

Templar - Although I primarily wanted to heal on this character I wanted more flexibility to tank and dps so would need more skill lines potentially for combat which is why I only added a couple crafting skills to this character. Since this character was doing alchemy I decided this would also be my harvesting character so I put points into keen eye on all crafts for when I was out to harvest.

-max alchemy
    -max enchanting
    -added provisioning as well because it was easy to level
    -3/3 in keen eye for all crafts

This arrangement worked *great* and I was very happy with it. Because I was using this arrangement I started getting most of the crafting achievements (refining and making things) on my NB and the harvesting (and treasure chest) achievements on my Templar.

Now after Wrothgar:

There is no efficient way for me to harvest materials. If I harvest with my NB I have to pass up certain nodes because they aren't maxed or I have to level up crafting in alchemy and enchanting on a second character. Even if I do this it totally screws my achievements up because I already built up a huge amount of points for that on my Templar.

If I harvest on my Templar I again have to either pass up the majority of nodes because they are worthless level 1 nodes or I have to level up 3 duplicate crafts and spend 30 duplicate skill points just to harvest nodes. This is beyond stupid. I find it hard to believe they couldn't come up with a better solution than this.
    Edited by EQBallzz on January 31, 2016 11:24PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    I realize this is an old post but I just started playing again after many months hiatus and I'm starting to see the ramifications of this whole Wrothgar mess with harvesting. Why should players be forced to level up multiple characters in the same crafting skill just to harvest materials? This is lacking any sort of logic and for those of us that already set in stone which characters have crafting skills long before this update occurred this is seriously disruptive.
    agree.gif

Even though i'm not affected personally since my VR16 PvP character is now level 50 in almost all crafts it's still a huge roadblock for everyone who has dedicated crafting characters.

I have 3 dedicated crafters, one for blacksmithing/provisioning, one for woodworking/enchanting and one for clothier/alchemy.
    dry.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on January 31, 2016 11:32PM
  • Teflondon75
    Teflondon75
    ✭✭
    Just going to add my useless post here hehe. It is in fact Very worth it to get all your characters, eventually, to 50 in all crafts. The amount of goodies you get everyday is incredible. The ESO+ craft bag business CANNOT come soon enough though :) first world problems here.
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem I am having is even with everything maxed out in blacksmithing I only find maybe one V16 node for every 15 void stone nodes I come across. And seeing it takes 150 ingots to make one armor piece I am finding this to be really annoying. And to be honest if they this intentionally it will be the first and last dlc I buy. I am not going to spend nearly 2 months farming to craft one set only to have them turn around and increase the vet cap again.
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »
    The problem I am having is even with everything maxed out in blacksmithing I only find maybe one V16 node for every 15 void stone nodes I come across. And seeing it takes 150 ingots to make one armor piece I am finding this to be really annoying. And to be honest if they this intentionally it will be the first and last dlc I buy. I am not going to spend nearly 2 months farming to craft one set only to have them turn around and increase the vet cap again.

Yeah, this is a double whammy. It's bad enough that 90% of the nodes are the same nodes you would see in Craglorn or the V12 zones but then that is also compounded by the fact that you won't even see that if you don't have skills maxed. The farming would at least be more bearable if you were able to harvest the zone as you traveled around the zone working on quests but that isn't possible unless you spend huge amounts of time/gold skilling up duplicate crafts on all your characters.