Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

V16 mats still rare as rocking horse poop in Orsinium compared to V14 mats.

angelyn
angelyn
✭✭✭✭
I think that this is affects many people,so feedback should be allowed for the wider players (not just those on PTS.) I'm putting this here, because I'm not sure people are aware that crafting materials will still be rare and a grind to obtain after Orsinium hits.Tjis post is not about whether I agree with node scaling or not, it is to highlight how rare materials will be, when most people were expecting Orsinium to alleviate the situation.

So, for all you crafters out there, have a look at the following and pop your thoughts down. Although this post is about crafting materials, it is also about the grind being implemented in each subsequent DLC, so please (ZOS) , don't move this to the crafting sub forum :smiley:

This is why crafting mats will be even harder to obtain in Orsinium, unless it is changed:
angelyn wrote: »
They have already added 3 things to increase rarity, compared to V14 materials:

IC DLC ( V16 mats compared to availability of V14 mat availability )

Systems that increase rarity:
*You need 10 times as many mats to craft V16
*Deconstructing items will give you 1 piece only
*Hireling seem to send 1 piece every now and then
*No V16 mat nodes

Systems that decrease rarity:
Crafting writs don't require V16 materials

Orsinium DLC ( V16 mat availability compared to V14 mat availability )

Systems that increase rarity:
*You need 10 times as many mats to craft V16
*Deconstructing items will give you 1 piece only
*Hireling seem to send 1 piece every now and then
*Crafting nodes will now only drop those materials, if you have the passives invested.
*Even if you have the points invested, it isn't guaranteed that higher level materials will drop from nodes in DLC, they also may drop lower level materials
*Writs will now use the new materials(?)

Systems that decrease rarity:
*V16 nodes have been added (but will still result in less mats than V14 node availability )

Is it really necessary to increase the rarity yet again with this DLC?"Do V15/V16 materials still feel rare?" From the above they will be even more rare.I swear if V16 V15 crafting mats end up in the crown store after the above(already got malachite and gold scale incoming) ...I will self combust. I only say this becuase lately, items that have been introduced with more grind than they had before (motifs, style materials) ..seem to end up in the crown store...

Suggestions for improvements
EDIT: I could possibly see that they are introducing scaling in order to reward crafters. However, crafters will still suffer with the rarity increasing exponentially from V14 to V16. If rewarding crafters is the true intention, then I have the following suggestions if the rarity is being increased yet again.

*Increase the amount of V16 that the nodes drop/or increase the amount of nodes.
* Ensure that all nodes in DLC will drop the highest material that crafters can craft. (Ie no chance of low level mats).
*increase the amounts of V16 that hireling send. Current level is pitiful.
*increase the amounts of V16 mats (not style materials or traits) that crafters can get from deconstructing V15/V16 drops. They already have skill points invested into this- however it doesn't seem to affect V15/V16 drops? You only get one piece no matter how many skill points invested into increasing decon loot.

In fact if you check out the following link you will see that people have farmed for hours, resulting in a meagre amount of mats:
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/222451/official-feedback-thread-for-crafting-node-scaling/p4

People have also noted, that there are far fewer crafting nodes, which is yet another system to increase rarity.

Edited by angelyn on October 9, 2015 8:29AM
  • MikeB
    MikeB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing IC since release and the MOST I can craft in V16 is two pieces. If this doesnt increase drastically with the release of Orsinium it will be ridiculous. You will run off those on the fence waiting, hoping they will be able to craft V16 when Orsinium hits. This has me very discouraged, I agree good gear should be hard to get but don't we already have that with the RNG in dungeons? Crafting gear to do the dungeons should not take just as long, if not longer, to make than getting gear from said dungeon.
    Edited by MikeB on October 8, 2015 8:30PM
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    MikeB wrote: »
    I've been playing IC since release and the MOST I can craft in V16 is two pieces. If this doesnt increase drastically with the release of Orsinium it will be ridiculous. You will run off those on the fence waiting, hoping they will be able to craft V16 when Orsinium hits. This has me very discouraged, I agree good gear should be hard to get but don't we already have that with the RNG in dungeons? Crafting gear to do the dungeons should not take just as long, if not longer, to make than getting gear from said dungeon.
    Yes, I was so excited to hear that there would be nodes in Orcinium, but when I see there are less nodes, high level mats only drop if you have passives AND that doesn't even guarantee V16 mats-actually - You only get A CHANCE to get a V16 drop from a node....

Coupled with everything else..I'm starting to want to give up on crafting. And I've maxed all crafts,researched nearly all traits.Crafting used to be fun. Now it's just grind. :/
    Edited by angelyn on October 8, 2015 8:35PM
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait, wait, wait. Isn't it a good thing to need the passives to get the new v16 mats? Won't that prevent everyone from running around picking up mats they can't craft with to sell or horde and trade? Doesn't doing it this way also eliminate people running around, collecting the mats and sending them to alts for crafting? Personally, I will be nabbing all the wood, ore, cloth, and runes I can on my main and crafting up a storm.
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafted vs dropped gear needs to have a balance in acquisition. BiS for most setups is often a mix of crafted and dropped gear. So while I think 10x mats need for VR16 vs VR15 is a bit much. At the same time, I don't think the mats should be as readily available as VR14 mats are.

Why should max level crafted gear be so much easier to obtain? Particularly when it's often not a starter set to dropped gear, but a companion to it.
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait, wait, wait. Isn't it a good thing to need the passives to get the new v16 mats? Won't that prevent everyone from running around picking up mats they can't craft with to sell or horde and trade? Doesn't doing it this way also eliminate people running around, collecting the mats and sending them to alts for crafting? Personally, I will be nabbing all the wood, ore, cloth, and runes I can on my main and crafting up a storm.

I'm not disagreeing with node scaling :) (I'm still undecided ), I'm highlighting how rare crafting materials will be. Many people were hoping that Orsinium would alleviate some of the rarity.
    dday3six wrote: »
    Crafted vs dropped gear needs to have a balance in acquisition. BiS for most setups is often a mix of crafted and dropped gear. So while I think 10x mats need for VR16 vs VR15 is a bit much. At the same time, I don't think the mats should be as readily available as VR14 mats are.

Why should max level crafted gear be so much easier to obtain? Particularly when it's often not a starter set to dropped gear, but a companion to it.
    I can see your point about dropped gear vs crafted gear :# .However, what I would like to point out is that with IC and Orsinium, crafting has been completely changed from what it was since launch, into something that has multiple layers of grind coupled with multiple layers of RNG(some implemented in order to fuel crown store sales). It would be understandable for people to have liked the system before and not like the new system.

Edited to include 2nd response
    Edited by angelyn on October 8, 2015 9:01PM
  • deadlock007
    deadlock007
    ✭✭✭

WTF? I didn't take the time to look at the writs when I was on the PTS. Hopefully they increase the rewards for max writs if they are going to require the new mats.
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm not disagreeing with node scaling :) (I'm still undecided ), I'm highlighting how rare crafting materials will be. Many people were hoping that Orsinium would alleviate some of the rarity.

Ah, gotcha, re-read and now I'm up to speed. Sorry, long day. I'm still trying to bank a bunch of mats from deconning drops myself. The best avenue I've found is to trade the ones I don't need for the ones I do with guildies 1:1. I don't really do alts though, and my main is currently in all heavy. I can imagine the grind is real with multiple toons to gear in multiple styles.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one will be able to do daily max level writs. Would would need thousands of refined mats just for one day.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭

Ah, gotcha, re-read and now I'm up to speed. Sorry, long day. I'm still trying to bank a bunch of mats from deconning drops myself. The best avenue I've found is to trade the ones I don't need for the ones I do with guildies 1:1. I don't really do alts though, and my main is currently in all heavy. I can imagine the grind is real with multiple toons to gear in multiple styles.
    To be fair to you, I didn't explicitly state that in my original post :smile: So, I have edited to include that. For me, crafting is starting to become a chore and if it continues in this direction I will probably stop. I just don't find this artificial grind imposed very enjoyable. Of course, everyone has their own opinion and I dont represent all players :smiley:
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭

WTF? I didn't take the time to look at the writs when I was on the PTS. Hopefully they increase the rewards for max writs if they are going to require the new mats.

You'll be interested in this comment from @Hagebutte ( @Hagebutte hope you don't mind me sharing your comment :) ):
    Hagebutte wrote: »
    So I went to Wrothgar again today, gathering V15/16 mats just to complete one writ and see whether the rewards are as useless as they are on live. All in all it took me about 3-4 hours of gathering mats. Woodworking writ cannot be completed due to the bristlecone thing that is required and after all the time I spent gathering mats I was still missing 3 refined ore to complete the blacksmith writ (since I'm on a template character I can't just use what I already have). However I was able to complete the clothier writ and if they don't do anything about droprates/number of new nodes I will never ever do one of those writs again...

Here is what I got

vn7scw2f.jpg

So I used about 50 ancestor silk, will get one back from deconning that white item. There's the dreugh wax and let's just forget about the sardonyx.

So at current prices (PC/EU) 50 silk are worth roughly 30-35k gold, dreugh wax is about 2-3k gold. Doing those writs seems like one of the biggest wastes of money available in game. Sure, I could have gotten a survey and gotten some mats back but I wouldn't rely on that. I've been doing writs for a very long time on multiple characters now and the chances of getting surveys are just too low to make it worthwhile. Glass motif fragments are also only worth about 10k anymore so even if one of those had been in there, it would still have been a waste of money.

As a level 50 crafter I don't need the inspiration and 600 gold quest reward is not even close to anything that would feel rewarding.
    Edited by angelyn on October 8, 2015 9:11PM
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium is another place of supply for those Vr15-16 mats so with time when the market is more full with them it should be easier
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax need to get out of their "must have stuff rare to annoy our customers" bubble.
    Edited by Maotti on October 8, 2015 9:12PM
    PC EU
  • deadlock007
    deadlock007
    ✭✭✭

You'll be interested in this comment from @Hagebutte ( @Hagebutte hope you don't mind me sharing your comment :) ):
    So I went to Wrothgar again today, gathering V15/16 mats just to complete one writ and see whether the rewards are as useless as they are on live. All in all it took me about 3-4 hours of gathering mats. Woodworking writ cannot be completed due to the bristlecone thing that is required and after all the time I spent gathering mats I was still missing 3 refined ore to complete the blacksmith writ (since I'm on a template character I can't just use what I already have). However I was able to complete the clothier writ and if they don't do anything about droprates/number of new nodes I will never ever do one of those writs again...

Here is what I got

vn7scw2f.jpg

So I used about 50 ancestor silk, will get one back from deconning that white item. There's the dreugh wax and let's just forget about the sardonyx.

So at current prices (PC/EU) 50 silk are worth roughly 30-35k gold, dreugh wax is about 2-3k gold. Doing those writs seems like one of the biggest wastes of money available in game. Sure, I could have gotten a survey and gotten some mats back but I wouldn't rely on that. I've been doing writs for a very long time on multiple characters now and the chances of getting surveys are just too low to make it worthwhile. Glass motif fragments are also only worth about 10k anymore so even if one of those had been in there, it would still have been a waste of money.

As a level 50 crafter I don't need the inspiration and 600 gold quest reward is not even close to anything that would feel rewarding.

Well now.....thats just sad :disappointed:
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has crafted his own gear sets since the beginning all I can say is this has become quite tiring.
    And when a game becomes tiring...
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭

Here is what I got

vn7scw2f.jpg

Well now.....thats just sad :disappointed:
    I'm sorry :/ , but hopefully if enough of us post feedback, things may change.
    As someone who has crafted his own gear sets since the beginning all I can say is this has become quite tiring.
    And when a game becomes tiring...
    Same here :/

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akrasjel wrote: »
    Orsinium is another place of supply for those Vr15-16 mats so with time when the market is more full with them it should be easier

It's a very poor supply. You only have a chance of encountering the new mats. Only about 1 in 7 nodes are the new mat level, in my personal experience.

In fact, running normal ICP or WGT is probably a faster way of getting the new mats than trying to farm Orsinium. Especially once it goes live and there's a lot more people in Orsinium competing for resource nodes. At least farming the dungeons for decon loot, you aren't competing against other players.

When I heard about the mats being harvestable in Orsinium, I had planned to sell my stash before the price drops. I don't intend to do that any more, since, with the way things are looking, I'm expecting the price to either hold steady or even increase.
    Edited by code65536 on October 8, 2015 9:42PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow that picture of the writ reward was a bit of a shot to the gut. That's not even remotely worth the effort. The mats alone to complete it or worth what, 10 times that? At least if you get nothing good in a writ now, it's all good because you can make a lap around craglorn and have mat's for a months worth of writs.
  • Falhael
    Falhael
    ✭✭✭
    I'll quote myself from the thread @angelyn mentioned concerning topic:
    In the german forums @ZOS_KaiSchober answered questions about the node scaling/number :
    JCHunsi wrote: »
    Ist es eigentlich beasichtigt das man, bei ausgelevelten Handwerksfähigkeiten, auch die V10 - V14 Materialien findetet oder sollte man nur die neuen Materialen finden?
    Konnte dies in den Patchnotes dies bezüglich nichts genaueres finden!
    Habe bis jetzt nämlich nur das Glück gehabt die die V14 Materialien zu finden bis auf 2 Rohe Ahnenseidevorkommen.
    Ja, es ist Absicht, da die Handwerk9-Materialien noch für die Dailies gebraucht werden, Das Verhältnis dürfte bei ca. 4:1 zu Gunsten der VR10-14 Mats liegen.

Roughly translated, he says that you still find V10-14 mats because they are still needed for dailies. The ratio should supposedly be 4(old):1(new).

I asked which dailies he's referring to, since the writs definitely require the new mats. Moreover the ratio is far from 4:1 in my experience.

I hope Kai responds soon. Somehow it feels like they never tested the system themselves.
    Edited by Falhael on October 8, 2015 9:47PM
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll quote myself from the thread @angelyn mentioned concerning topic:
    In the german forums @ZOS_KaiSchober answered questions about the node scaling/number :
    JCHunsi wrote: »
    Ist es eigentlich beasichtigt das man, bei ausgelevelten Handwerksfähigkeiten, auch die V10 - V14 Materialien findetet oder sollte man nur die neuen Materialen finden?
    Konnte dies in den Patchnotes dies bezüglich nichts genaueres finden!
    Habe bis jetzt nämlich nur das Glück gehabt die die V14 Materialien zu finden bis auf 2 Rohe Ahnenseidevorkommen.
    Ja, es ist Absicht, da die Handwerk9-Materialien noch für die Dailies gebraucht werden, Das Verhältnis dürfte bei ca. 4:1 zu Gunsten der VR10-14 Mats liegen.

Roughly translated, he says that you still find V10-14 mats because they are still needed for dailies. The ratio should supposedly be 4(old):1(new).

I asked which dailies he's referring to, since the writs definitely require the new mats. Moreover the ratio is far from 4:1 in my experience.

I hope Kai responds soon. Somehow it feels like they never tested the system themselves.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't understand :p

Yes , I've read some people stating that 90% of what they farmed was lower stuff and only 10% dropped V15 mats..

AND - people can always farm V14 nodes in Craglorn or 4th and 5th Cadwell's. So there is no need for them to be in Orsinium. All the nodes in Orsinium should drop highest level mat you can craft.
    Edited by angelyn on October 8, 2015 9:54PM
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So ZoS is now adding RNG to crafting nodes... I'm not happy about this.

Is RNG like the dev lazy design or what? Can't figure out a creative way to make something difficult to obtain so we'll slap it behind an RNG-Wall(TM).
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thread.

Maybe some of you can offer your opinion as I'm a bit bewildered and have limited mats:

If I plan to NOT buy Orsinium...

Is it better to make a VR16 set (Kagrenac's Hope) now, or should I just settle for VR15, and wait for Orsinium craftable sets?

If I don't run dungeons, is my only option to get a new gear set to find a crafter to make it for me?
    Edited by k2blader on October 8, 2015 11:01PM
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one will be able to do daily max level writs. Would would need thousands of refined mats just for one day.

You do realize that you can get away with crafting the lowest possible level for an item in that material, right?

Or have you been crafting v14 stuff this whole time :D
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    So ZoS is now adding RNG to crafting nodes... I'm not happy about this.

Is RNG like the dev lazy design or what? Can't figure out a creative way to make something difficult to obtain so we'll slap it behind an RNG-Wall(TM).
    Well, from what I understand I'm not sure it's exactly RNG , but pretty darn close.(I know that you are probably fully aware of this as I've seen you comment in the PTS thread :#) just making sure that no one seeing this thread gets confused- aside from ZOS'S confusing response anyway :p ) I think that @code65536 probably explained it pretty well:
    code65536 wrote: »
    Akrasjel wrote: »

It's a very poor supply. You only have a chance of encountering the new mats. Only about 1 in 7 nodes are the new mat level, in my personal experience.

k2blader wrote: »
    Good thread.

Maybe some of you can offer your opinion as I'm a bit bewildered and have limited mats:

If I plan to NOT buy Orsinium...

Is it better to make a VR16 set (Kagrenac's Hope) now, or should I just settle for VR15, and wait for Orsinium craftable sets?

If I don't run dungeons, is my only option to get a new gear set to find a crafter to make it for me?
    Thank you :) . I'm not sure what to say here :/ I was waiting to make a V16 set. With the drop rates in Orsinium, even that will be a push. I'm certainly giving up writs, since the mats are so valuable,the reward pales in comparison. It's just a massive money waste.

Scyantific wrote: »
    You do realize that you can get away with crafting the lowest possible level for an item in that material, right?

That is true , V15 can probably be used for writs. However, even obtaining enough to make V15 stuff, will be a task,based on some people's feedback( @Vandercat & @Sordidfairytale hope you don't mind me quoting you to illustrate this point):

Vandercat wrote: »
    [*] Is it clear that crafting nodes are scaling to the passive, and do you find that more enjoyable that scaling to your level?

Yes, it's clear and I do enjoy it to a point.

[*] Do Veteran Rank 15 and above materials still feel rare?

Too rare. I harvested almost 300 Voidstone ore and less than 10 Rubidite (?) ore. I found 1 Ruby Ash node, no Ancestor Silk and it seemed like I harvested plenty Rubedo, but it was gone from my inventory when I went to refine it. More VR14 Potency runes than I know what to do with and no VR15/16 runes.

I did get a very few mats from my hirelings, but at the rate they arrive there I will be able to complete 1 crafting writ a month.

[*] Do you feel you could obtain the Ancient Orc and Akiviri chapters and style items fairly reasonably?

No. Spent 3 hours in one of the areas and didn't get a single page. Still none of the style mats. Haven't had a chance to check out the Akaviri.
    This is the official feedback thread for crafting node scaling found in Orsinium. Specific feedback the team is looking for includes:
    • Is it clear that crafting nodes are scaling to the passive, and do you find that more enjoyable that scaling to your level?
    • Do Veteran Rank 15 and above materials still feel rare?

After a little over 3 hours this is my initial observation.
    • I prefer it scaling to my crafting passive, and it is clear.
    • Too rare. Only located 2 Silk nodes out of 123 nodes night one and one wood node 88 out of nodes on night two. This is while I was on a blacksmith/wood/clothing maxed crafter with all passives maxed.

Seriously..crafting just = grind now. It's quicker to farm mobs in IC,but even that is a mindless grind. For those that don't have IC... :/

Who at ZOS thought that replacing a functioning crafting system that had existed since launch, with system incorporating multiple layers of grind and RNG, would be considered "fun"? Sure, any system can always be improved but this?..

If V16 mats end up in the crown store(everything else suddenly changed to have a massive grind is ending up in there-motifs,style materials), I'll probably uninstall.

Edited by angelyn on October 9, 2015 8:35AM
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »

at least for me the v15 items did not count for completing my crafting writs on the PTS ... and the v16 would also match more the current live writs in the amount of needed mats. the problem though is that the rubedite ressources are still extremly scarce - with the infrequent spawn of possible nodes that could as well be destroyed by players not having the proper crafting skills...
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you :) . I'm not sure what to say here :/ I was waiting to make a V16 set. With the drop rates in Orsinium, even that will be a push. I'm certainly giving up writs, since the mats are so valuable,the reward pales in comparison. It's just a massive money waste.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the thoughts. After posting I realized I didn't quite phrase my concerns clearly or in a way that can be answered (oops, lol). I think I'll just hold off from making a VR16 set til more info comes out. I didn't expect Orsinium til maybe first quarter next year, heh.
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Evergrinding playerS Online...
    Edited by Legedric on October 9, 2015 9:08AM
    Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The increased V16 mat supply is not only due to the nodes but also due to the fact the you can now farm mobs for decon gear.. This of course means that the drop rates will either be nerfed in which case the zone will be empty or the zone will be a lame pve zergfest.

The V15 writs are on the hand.... Just lol. The writs were already something that was to much of a boring chore already .
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Writs with V15 mats that award the same rewards we already get with the void writs? Seriously, who on staff thought this was a good idea? Who would spend 30k+ in mats for maybe a shot at 15k in rewards (glass fragment + temp alloy + survey). There is 0% chance you'll make your investment back and a small chance to get half back. Am I missing something? How did this get past anyone in alpha testing? It shouldn't have gotten past the thought process much less actually been coded to start with.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With the v16 stuff requiring the huge jump from 15 or so per item to 100+ makes no sense at all. Why the huge jump in required number of mats? Then on top of that make the mats rare.

No sense at all.

I'll stick with v15 max - sensible number of mats in a sensible gathering rate. I won't be wasting my effort on v16 due to utter ridiculous.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Love the title change for thread, OP. I stepped in some rocking horse poop the other day.....smelled like oak and cedar :D .

I'm really hacked off that I maxed passives on my crafter to handle IC mats, and now with Orsinium, the only character I've been using for equipment writs and a chance at glass fragments will have to do writs with rare/valuable mats or respec back to 9/9. There is no way I'll do writs with v15 mats with current drop rates.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)