Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No gamepad support for Mac, or a typo?

Pomaikai
Pomaikai
✭✭✭✭✭
The base-game patch includes long awaited features such as gamepad support for PC, subtitles, LFG system improvements, and more. We encourage everyone who owns the PC/Mac version of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited to join us in Orsinium for testing!

Y'all use the PC/Mac combo everywhere in this blog post except when it comes to gamepad support. Are we getting gamepad support with the new content in November, or not? If we're not, then why not, and when should we expect support for gamepads for Mac users?
  • decompiler
    decompiler
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Pomaikai, I too am on Mac and was wondering the exact same thing.

I've been playing with a PS4 controller since beta using ControllerMate, and love my set up. The next logical question for me is - how customizable are the built-in controller settings going to be? If I can recreate my set up with native menu support, I'm all about it! Otherwise, I'm probably going to continue with my tried and true layout.

I guess we'll be able to find out as soon as PTR maintenance is done. I keep checking the launcher for updates every few minutes... :tongue:
    @decompiler
    Councilor of The Moot
    This space intentionally left blank

• LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    Well this was in the PTS patch notes:

Gamepad mode is not supported on the Mac game client even though the option is visible and accessible. You can switch back to the regular form of gameplay by pressing the Escape key, then navigating through the keyboard Settings to turn it off.

'Capability' or 'unwilling to make the effort for Mac users'........you decide

I would have thought that if a freeware emulator developer can include full game pad support on a Mac it shouldn't be beyond the capacity of a major publisher.
    Edited by LaucianNailor on October 5, 2015 9:38PM
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On ESO Live they said that for the Mac it was tied to the 64-bit client. I don't think there has been any hint at when that might arrive...
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably the day we can finally complete Molag Kena.
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »
    On ESO Live they said that for the Mac it was tied to the 64-bit client. I don't think there has been any hint at when that might arrive...

this. I guess they are working on it. Soon (TM)
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • stevenbennett_ESO
    stevenbennett_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Official hints, no. But reading between the lines, I've been expecting it to be released either with Orsinium or the next major update. Orsinium is coming out a month earlier than I expected, without the 64 bit client, so I'm thinking the next major update is the likely one to include this.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Official hints, no. But reading between the lines, I've been expecting it to be released either with Orsinium or the next major update. Orsinium is coming out a month earlier than I expected, without the 64 bit client, so I'm thinking the next major update is the likely one to include this.

I wouldn't expect an all-new, 64-bit client to go live before it has been tested extensively on the PTS for both PC and Mac platforms (given the nature of the common code base, it's more or less 64-bit either for all or none). This wouldn't necessarily have to be tied to any one content/DLC update to the game itself, so it might as well happen before or (more likely) after anything that's next in the pipeline after Orsinium.

Edited by KhajitFurTrader on October 14, 2015 7:46PM
  • Marques
    Marques
    ✭✭✭

That would be awesome if we can get the 64bit Mac client still during this year. That is currently one of the major limitations of this game on OS X and would ensure its performance and development in the present and future. Currently one of my top wishes/hopes in ESO.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to ressurect a dead thread but... did Controller support ever come to the Mac version of the game?

If not, would any of you Mac players have a profile for a PS4 controller for ControllerMate that I could use?