The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Vet Fungal Grotto nearly impossible with the beam bug

Conquers
Conquers
✭✭✭✭
I was running fungal grotto yesterday, and the first major boss has that tethering move. My group had to give up, because it was too time consuming playing the boss and dying from tethers. Yes, there is a slight glow from the head, but you have no idea where to run during tether. we had the boss down to 10%, and then I (the tank) immediately died from a tether with a dps standing next to me. we had no time to realize this tether was even there until too late, i was taking damage from boss anyway so i didn't realize i was being damaged as well by a tether.
VR 16 Orc Stamina Dragonknight

We need a loot currency system in this game!
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/230549/currency-system-for-dungeons#latest
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if that was the group I tried to heal last night. It was even more frustrating as the healer since I could perfectly see the beams and the people refusing to budge while I was smashing my BOL button in disbelief. :D
    This fight was a bug fest since day one though. Once they fix it the only thing left to do is wait and see how will it break again. It's like a game within a game.
    Edited by PBpsy on September 30, 2015 1:06PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • Conquers
    Conquers
    ✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »
    I wonder if that was the group I tried to heal last night. It was even more frustrating as the healer since I could perfectly see the beams and the people refusing to budge while I was smashing my BOL button in disbelief. :D

Nah it was Ps4 Na, and i was technically tanking as a dps (i was med armor with 2 hand, using inner fire)

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/230549/currency-system-for-dungeons#latest
    Options
  • Steel_Brightblade
    Steel_Brightblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meleeing dps should have pulled out a bow then you can spread out with just the tank at the boss and the tether problem goes away. He may have done a bit less dps but sometimes slow and steady wins the race.
    Options
  • Conquers
    Conquers
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meleeing dps should have pulled out a bow then you can spread out with just the tank at the boss and the tether problem goes away. He may have done a bit less dps but sometimes slow and steady wins the race.

yes we tried everyone spread out, but for obvious mechanic reasons (boss likes to chase random players when taunted, melee has to free ranged from sacrifice, etc) we still might have the tether problem

Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When you glow blue just back up, everyone form a square around the boss and who ever glows just walks backwards, easy. it's more fun at the Spawn of Mephala you cannot see that beam at all only the red circle, good luck spotting it if anyone uses nova.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    The bosses hand glows purple for a second or two before she casts it on you. If you can, dodge roll to avoid getting hit with it. Stacking on her is usually a bad idea because of this mechanic. You have to adjust. :) Good luck.
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
    Options
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bosses hand glows purple for a second or two before she casts it on you. If you can, dodge roll to avoid getting hit with it. Stacking on her is usually a bad idea because of this mechanic. You have to adjust. :) Good luck.

This, dodging it is your best bet. The boss also pulls her hands together in a specific animation. Dodging it is always better than having to split.
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did vet Fungal Grotto last night with 4 dps and an off-heal just for last boss. Just practice either staying spread out for that fight or make sure to run like hell from the guy you're tethered too and it's not nearly as hard as you'd think. It's just one of those bosses where some of the mechanics can't be ignored.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    Did vet Fungal Grotto last night with 4 dps and an off-heal just for last boss. Just practice either staying spread out for that fight or make sure to run like hell from the guy you're tethered too and it's not nearly as hard as you'd think. It's just one of those bosses where some of the mechanics can't be ignored.

The point of the thread is that there is a bug that makes the beam not appear for some people.I haven't experienced this directly but people in groups said they do not see it. The fight and the mechanics are indeed easy but that has nothing to do with this thread. People not seeing the beam is indeed a problem and even if there are 1000 workarounds for the bug it would still be a problem.
    Edited by PBpsy on September 30, 2015 2:04PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • Hope499
    Hope499
    ✭✭✭✭

No, he doesn't have to "adjust"

They need to fix the damn bugs man...stop with that crap.
    Tripped over my friends bra.....
    ..she is always setting booby traps!
    Options
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First I've heard of said bug. Not saying it doesn't exist, just that I haven't heard of it.

I'll pretend that every group I've been in had this bug. That's the only way to explain the "WTF!" people cry.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of visual effects are bugged in the dungeons since Imperial City update. The invisible Gamyne beam is one. A lot of ground-based fire effects are bugged or invisible, too. Like Valkyn Skoria's fire fountain is visible, but the spokes of fire that emanate from it are often invisible. The fire shapers during the vet Hiath battle in DSA often have invisible fire lines, too.
    Options
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nine9six wrote: »
    First I've heard of said bug. Not saying it doesn't exist, just that I haven't heard of it.

I'll pretend that every group I've been in had this bug. That's the only way to explain the "WTF!" people cry.

I've seen it, lots of beams around this game missing. Radiant, Soul Assault, all kinds.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
    Options
  • symonator
    symonator
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously the bug is quite annoying, but it's run alot in our guild and it's finished all the time.
    Wait till you get the "unable to target" problem... that's when something can't be completed XD
    Edited by symonator on September 30, 2015 2:52PM

v16 - Imperial - DK Tank
    v16 - Redguard -NB Dps
    v16 - Breton Templar - Heals
    Guildmaster of the witchers (PS4 eu) - 500 members trading guild in craglorn.
    Options
  • Conquers
    Conquers
    ✭✭✭✭
    symonator wrote: »
    Obviously the bug is quite annoying, but it's run alot in our guild and it's finished all the time.
    Wait till you get the "unable to traget" problem... that's when something can't be completed XD

That happened to us too, first attempt in FG boss jumped down, we couldn't target, and she just massacred us.

Options
  • symonator
    symonator
    ✭✭✭
    @Conquers yep very annoying! but it happened to us on the last boss too, i tweeted out to @zos but no reply.

v16 - Imperial - DK Tank
    v16 - Redguard -NB Dps
    v16 - Breton Templar - Heals
    Guildmaster of the witchers (PS4 eu) - 500 members trading guild in craglorn.
    Options
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try to notice if she casts a blue ball at someone, that person will be targeted for the blue thread and has to step back from the group ..... but if that blue ball is not even visible, then I don't know :/

Damn this sounds like an annoying bug, I haven't experienced it yet though. I hope they fix it soon :(
    Options
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DO not worry OP, ZoS will have a temp fix come Orsinium, they dont believe in fixing bugs of this degree (or exploits for that matter) until the next update.

Now if you can find a way to get crazy amounts of XP because of the beams missing, then you better believe them beams would be back in a heart beat. ZoS loves FIXING fast ways to get xp, but dont care so much about fixing other things.

Sad, oh so very sad, but true
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good news and bad news, OP:

This and many others have been reported in the known issues for last major patch. (First found on PC)

It does make this one damn near impossible to complete.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options