The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Currency system for dungeons

Conquers
Conquers
✭✭✭✭
So something that works for both hardcore and casual players alike- currency.
This was probably mentioned before, but here is what i believe

Each boss should drop tokens used to purchase v16 gear. each standard set piece of gear costs between 400-500 tokens, based on the piece (chest will cost more than hands etc). the set pieces can have any trait you chose for it

the drop rate differs on tiers of difficulty
Normal dungeons on vr levels - 2 star bosses drop 1 token, 3 star bosses drop 3 tokens, thats it
Normal wgt and normal icp - 2 star bosses drop 4 tokens, 3 star drop 7 tokens
Vet dungeons tier 1 - 2 star bosses drop 5 tokens, 3 star bosses drop 10 tokens, final boss drops 20 tokens
Vet dungeon tier 2 (wgt, and icp) 2 star bosses drop 10 tokens, 3 star drop 15 tokens, final boss drops 30 tokens
MSA- 5 tokens per arena
VMSA - 15 tokens per arena, final arena drops 50

now for special pieces, like monster helms and MSA weapons, we need a special token to buy them. The tokens drop off the final boss only. same % chance as monster helms and weapons now, but these tokens can be redeemed for ANY helmet/weapon available to that tier (a token from Vwayrest sewers can buy the helm from vet fungal grotto, but not helm from wgt, etc)

this includes undaunted chest, they drop a shoulder token to exchange for any shoulder with a quartermaster. oh yeah, that quartermaster actually has a purpose now!
Edited by Conquers on November 11, 2015 8:23PM
VR 16 Orc Stamina Dragonknight

We need a loot currency system in this game!
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/230549/currency-system-for-dungeons#latest

Currency system for dungeons 16 votes

Yes have currency drop for dungeons.
56%
ColoursYouHaveConquersOlysjaJitterbugQizaxazoriangamingTholian1DuxesEDS604 9 votes
No, the loot system is perfect as it is.
25%
kwisatzahstin2001nub18_ESOCirithValariaCyrusArya 4 votes
I have my own opinion, but the loot system definitely needs a change.
18%
sebbandwtdwtdwtrobkrush 3 votes
  • Conquers
    Conquers
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe this system would be a great way to cater to both casuals and hardcore.
    Although it will take longer, casuals can get all the gear they want too!

Some possible changes to my suggested token system
    Last bosses on all difficulties would have a very very small chance to drop an armor token to buy any piece you want
    All specI'll tokens are tradeable, but the gear they buy is not
    You can sell gear to quartermaster for a 40% refund of tokens
    Monster helm special token can be bought with a large sum of 800 tokens

Both pledges give tokens (along with chest key) 30 and 60 a day, respectively

You can spend 150 tokens on platinum key from undaunted. This key guarantees a v16 set item, or even maelstrom weapon or monster helm, but exact piece or trait is unknown. These items cannot be refunded to vendor, but can be traded to players

For 50 tokens you can buy a reset for a new random trait on any item from platinum chest

Tokens can also be used on potions/food (similar to cyrodil) as well as new motifs, costumes, polymorphs, pets, etc

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/230549/currency-system-for-dungeons#latest
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos has purposely avoided this and near launch of the game I think I recall hem basically saying it will not happen.

Exit: considering everyone gets drops there is no reason for currency. Also, it will not work as you may think. With currency there is always tiers and the top tier gear requires comms from the hardest content so casuals will be left out to a big degree.
    Edited by idk on November 11, 2015 9:34PM
  • Conquers
    Conquers
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos has purposely avoided this and near launch of the game I think I recall hem basically saying it will not happen.

Exit: considering everyone gets drops there is no reason for currency. Also, it will not work as you may think. With currency there is always tiers and the top tier gear requires comms from the hardest content so casuals will be left out to a big degree.

Considering there's no difference in quality of monster helms from each dungeon (other than the set bonus YOU want) the currency would only have 1 tier
    Also I separated molag Kena and Lord warden tokens from the rest