Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about Forum Profile

agegarton
agegarton
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Perhaps a stupid question, but.....

On the forum profile page, can anyone tell me what the information at the top is for? Some of it is obvious, such as the date I joined.

But what about points? What do I do with those? And role..... What's that, then?

Curiosity is killing me!

Best Answers

• Blackwolfe5
    Blackwolfe5
    ✭✭✭
    Points I think, are pointless. As for roles, I suppose that is if you are an admin or whatever.
    Answer ✓
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen any regular posters with a role yet, but that may change if they add MVPs.

Points reflect a total of all your Agrees, Insightfuls, Awesomes and LoLs, along with any additional achievements you get for hitting milestones. Points result in ranks, which are (as I recall), as follows)

1 star= 0 points
    2 stars= 100 points
    3 stars= 250 points
    4 stars= 500 points
    5 stars= 1000 points
    ----
    Murray?
    Answer ✓
  • Blackwolfe5
    Blackwolfe5
    ✭✭✭
    Mouse over their post, click quote :)
    Answer ✓
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Makes sense......cheers.
  • nez
    nez
    ✭✭✭
    gimme moar points!
    Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na Batmaaaan
  • Blackwolfe5
    Blackwolfe5
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think stars are purely based on points as I have 3 stars but only 130 points.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, where'd you get that from? It's a great answer.....just curious. Couldn't find any info anywhere.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think stars are purely based on points as I have 3 stars but only 130 points.

Then I mixed up the required points for ranks. But I assure you I got rank 5 at 1,000 points.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭

Then I mixed up the required points for ranks. But I assure you I got rank 5 at 1,000 points.

And that would be because there is no disagree option so people lol you. Ignore option would be a blessing also.
  • Blackwolfe5
    Blackwolfe5
    ✭✭✭
    I use Lol for two reasons, if something in genuinely funny.. or if someone said something really stupid. Personally I don't use lol as a pure disagree button :)
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Lol for two reasons, if something in genuinely funny.. or if someone said something really stupid. Personally I don't use lol as a pure disagree button :)

I kind of hate "LoL" as an abbreviation, so I refuse to tag a post as LoL unless I actually laughed out loud. If you get an LoL from me, you earned that.
    ----
    Murray?
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, one more question...... How do you quote someone else (where the post says "Mister Thingy wrote...."

I know. Noob. :'(
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ahhhhhh. I see. Am on an iPad, hence I couldn't figure out how to make that work! Cheers though - really helpful.
  • Blackwolfe5
    Blackwolfe5
    ✭✭✭
    Did my previous post go invisible? I can't see it :P No idea about quoting, and on my android phone I prefer desktop mode instead of the mobile forum due to it's lack of features.
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    made a thread about points and stars and how to get them a while back, i'll link it for you hopefully everything you want to know is covered in here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list/p1
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiyamel wrote: »
    made a thread about points and stars and how to get them a while back, i'll link it for you hopefully everything you want to know is covered in here:

Nice. I hadn't noticed the bit about LoLs not actually being worth points. For some reason I thought they'd counted for me, but looking at my point total, they definitely don't.
    ----
    Murray?
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tiyamel wrote: »

Really helpful, thanks. Sated my curiosity nicely. Top effort!
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey @nerevarine1138 I really appreciate your answers - thanks. If only all forums were this helpful. :smiley:
  • Seamonkey001
    Seamonkey001
    ✭✭

I kind of hate "LoL" as an abbreviation, so I refuse to tag a post as LoL unless I actually laughed out loud. If you get an LoL from me, you earned that.

Have you tried LQTM?
    XBox Live GamerTag: Sea Monkey 001
    Main Character: Kelach, High Elf, Sorcerer, Level CP 275
    Guild: Fathers of The Dominion

Twitch: SeaMonkey001
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Have you tried LQTM?

Funny guy....... :)
  • Seamonkey001
    Seamonkey001
    ✭✭
    I try :smiley:
    XBox Live GamerTag: Sea Monkey 001
    Main Character: Kelach, High Elf, Sorcerer, Level CP 275
    Guild: Fathers of The Dominion

Twitch: SeaMonkey001