Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafters should be able to change gear traits

Crown
Crown
✭✭✭✭✭
RNG seems to favour well-fitted on a lot of the new VR16 dropped sets.

I'm sure that @ZOS_GinaBruno can look up stats on how many people actually use this trait, though I'm certain that the grand majority (if not every single one) only uses it because they've not gotten a better trait on their gear.

At this point in the maturity of the game, with an average of 160 hours of grinding (based on data collected from about 30 people) needed to get a single dropped set with optimized traits, I believe that something needs to be done in order to allow players to do what they WANT to do in game, and not feel the need to just keep on grinding.

It should be relatively simple to integrate as an option for crafters. Spend a few materials, and even 10 traits of the one you WANT in order to change existing gear to that trait.

On another note, the drop rate for sets in the Prison and Tower are abysmal. As a PvP player, I don't want to have to spend a solid month grinding in order to let me get back to what I WANT to do - which is PvP. Many will see this as just another QQ'er complaining about something, though I truly believe that this is a valid issue that could easily be addressed to make a LOT of people MUCH happier in game.

Have a nice weekend!
Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well said sir. If we can overwrite enchantments, we should also be able to overwrite traits!
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ This, all day long.

With the exponential increase of mats per crafted item and nearly everything related to v15+ put inside this DLC. The need to artificially increase repeatability though random trait drops is redundant. How's about we do something about it?

Sooner, rather than later please.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But that would like... reduce grind times by a gazilion times?! We can't have that.What is next you are going to ask for motif changes on dropped gear? We don't need none of that making sense cool stuff around here.
    Edited by PBpsy on September 26, 2015 8:50PM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, it would make the game a better and more enjoyable experience. ZoS only implement things that either add to the grind and benefits the crown shop. That's when they're not too busy nerfing the hell out of everything.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Almost everyhting I get has impenetrable trait.
    Tell me about useless traits.
    Being able to change trait would be awesome. ZO$ really must do something about that awful rng.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Being able to change trait would be awesome. ZO$ really must do something about that awful rng.

Impenetrable isn't too bad.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got an awesome for stating something that should have been from the beginning.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Thymos
    Thymos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could get behind this. Even if they made it so that you had to spend another 3-4 skill points in order to do this.
    The Older Gamers Recruitment Thread
    Always accepting new members for NA and EU server. PvP PvE RP all welcome. Must be 25+ yo to join.
    http://www.theoldergamers.com/
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Allowing anyone everyone to change traits or make other major crafting changes would also significantly change the game. It would be more interesting to introduce a quest, or series of quests, that grant higher level crafting abilities to Level 50 crafters who complete the quest(s). They would become sought after in-game for having these abilities. ZOS would then be fulfilling it's promise of making crafting valuable, while also introducing some diversity into the crafting economy.
    Edited by Ourorboros on September 26, 2015 10:45PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm certain that we would also all like to see more regular responses from the community managers and public relations people. One of the most common complaints I hear about is the lack of communications from official representatives. I know you have your meeting with some of the guilds, though minutes from these meetings and any public mechanism to discuss them would also help player-satisfaction. @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - would you please respond to concepts, requests, and ideas like this with something along the lines of one of the following:

1. That's an interesting idea that to my knowledge has not been considered. I'll bring it up with the xyz design team and we'll see what they think. It'll probably be a while (a major patch or three) before we see anything along these lines, though I agree that it sounds like it should be done!
    2. While I'm sure many people would agree with you, this is not something that we are intending to do because .... well thought out reasons ... if you'd like to debate our ... well thought out reasons ... then please do!
    3. This is something that is currently being worked on. I can't make any promises when you'll see it, though I believe it'll likely be in the next major content patch slated for ... general time frame X.
    4. You're a processed-food-excreting-sphincter and we hate you, so will not *feed the trolls* by posting anything publicly!

It's rare that we see anything from you guys unless someone makes a very big deal about an issue and gets a few hundred people to submit tickets on a concept.. Please change this!
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree it would significantly change the game

For the better

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Spamming]
    Edited by ZOS_Racheal on September 26, 2015 10:48PM
  • DirtySmeegs33
    DirtySmeegs33
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Overwrite enchants. Overwrite traits.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just allow a new purple material to have a chance to be found from refining material that you can use to refit armor. This way, there's still a grind and you can't do it overnight, and perhaps changing certain things requires X amount of purple materials (which you can then refine into a gold mat). This keeps the grind and something of a challenge, but also gives crafters new material to sell.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My point (at least one of them) is that it doesn't need to be a grind. Getting something reasonably in 1 try per day for a few days, or even a week or two is reasonable. Requiring hundreds of runs is not.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    My point (at least one of them) is that it doesn't need to be a grind. Getting something reasonably in 1 try per day for a few days, or even a week or two is reasonable. Requiring hundreds of runs is not.
    It doesn't need to be a grind, but there should still be a reasonable challenge to it. If it wasn't challenging everybody would instantly have the perfectly tweaked gear to whatever setup they needed. I'm not saying it should be the eqv. of what it takes to make VR16 gear (which is anti-player) but be on par with needed, say, *a* gold temper mat.
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is something that exists on Diablo 3 with some differences but is like the proposed idea. However, any trait change should make the gear "bind on account".
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »
    Anhedonie wrote: »

Impenetrable isn't too bad.

Only training is worse.
    Edited by Anhedonie on September 26, 2015 10:03PM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring in reforging for style while you're at it. Can transmute bound gear to imperial, why can't we do it to anything else?
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm slowly but surely grinding my way through the research for the Blacksmith, Clothier, and Woodworking skill lines, and I am getting increasingly frustrated with the fact that I get the same traits over and over again, especially on Staves, Bows, and Shields. Even searching countless Guild Traders has been fruitless. An increase in loot drop diversity, or the ability for crafters to change traits for an item would be a welcomed addition to the game.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Completely agree.

Give them the ability to change traits on gear, which will make crafters viable. Make it cost a few more stones if you want to.

It will also help others who get crappy drops but aren't crafters... they can just send it to a crafter buddy (as long as it's not bound) and have them change the trait. Win-Win.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CGPsaint if you need any items for research, just send me a stack of cheap mats and a list - happy to craft you stuff. I'm 9/9 in everything.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enchants... are just spells cast on a item. They should be easy to swap... much like, say, changing the arrows for your bow from broadhead to armor piercing bodkin.

Traits on the other hand... are worked into the item itself. Sharpened, weighted... that's structurel, and should not be just "overwritten".

That being stated...

...it -should- be possibe to reforge/resew/recarve an item for a new trait! Take that old sword, fit a new pommel to the old blade, and suddenly its better weighted for faster swings! Replace the heft of that old axe with a new one made from some specially treated wood and it will take higher charged enchantments! That sort of thing...

It should take quite a bit of materials, and have a destuction chance just like temper improvements that can be averted by using even more materials but... it ought to be possible!
  • Treasure_Goblin
    Treasure_Goblin
    ✭✭✭
    lol, yet another reason why Diablo 3 is superior to E$O
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Crown - I would love to take you up on your generous offer, however I am not one of the Master Race. I'm just a lowly Console Peasant, however at least I'm on Xbox One instead of PS4. :p
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • psychojudge
    psychojudge
    ✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    @Crown - I would love to take you up on your generous offer, however I am not one of the Master Race. I'm just a lowly Console Peasant, however at least I'm on Xbox One instead of PS4. :p

I am a member of the cross platform guild trait share initiative. They have a facebook page and everything.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/199126/eso-trait-share-initiative

Check it out if you want :wink:
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump because... a friend just spent 10 million AP spent and finally got a shield.. with the Prosperous trait.

He asked me to use some of my AP to help him get one with a usable trait - and I refused.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not crafters - that's too easy.

Master crafters - ones who know all the traits - bring some value back to crafting!
  • nml
    nml
    ✭✭✭
    I recall some of the first few things I thought about when joining this game was "wow, the music is excellent... wow, crafting is basically worthless compared to other games"

Make "Legendary Crafters" a thing, and allow them to make armor better than that which is dropped.

I also support the idea of making them able to change traits.
    -NML
    Imperator, Ars Imperatoria
    North American PC/Mac, Trueflame
  • nml
    nml
    ✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    RNG seems to favour well-fitted on a lot of the new VR16 dropped sets.

I'm sure that @ZOS_GinaBruno can look up stats on how many people actually use this trait, though I'm certain that the grand majority (if not every single one) only uses it because they've not gotten a better trait on their gear.

At this point in the maturity of the game, with an average of 160 hours of grinding (based on data collected from about 30 people) needed to get a single dropped set with optimized traits, I believe that something needs to be done in order to allow players to do what they WANT to do in game, and not feel the need to just keep on grinding.

It should be relatively simple to integrate as an option for crafters. Spend a few materials, and even 10 traits of the one you WANT in order to change existing gear to that trait.

On another note, the drop rate for sets in the Prison and Tower are abysmal. As a PvP player, I don't want to have to spend a solid month grinding in order to let me get back to what I WANT to do - which is PvP. Many will see this as just another QQ'er complaining about something, though I truly believe that this is a valid issue that could easily be addressed to make a LOT of people MUCH happier in game.

Have a nice weekend!

Agreed with Crown. I am also a PvPer, and I do not like having to grind dungeons endlessly to get a decent set of gear when my time could better be used to serve my alliance in Cyrodiil... which is the only part of the game I care about really.
    -NML
    Imperator, Ars Imperatoria
    North American PC/Mac, Trueflame
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And motif