Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Items Available in the Crown Store - 9/24 (All Platforms)

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hello everyone!

Today, we'll be updating the Crown Store on PC and console with three new items for you to purchase:
  • Mages Guild Pack - This costume pack includes some of the most commonly-seen Guild uniforms, including research robes, legging outfits, and formal robes.
  • Glass Style Item: Malachite (pack of 10)
  • Glass Armor Motif

306c7408d588ce65c80e1880962eab.jpg
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on September 22, 2015 9:25PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The price of glass armor motifs and malachite just got a big smackdown.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where was that picture taken?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lordrichter I think it's by the forge in the Hollow City.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

That is what I originally though, but the sky is so blue and there is no "snow"
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that can happen. The sky is lightest late in the afternoon, and there are a few times in the weather cycle where there are no ash storms in the city.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many crowns is the Glass Motif? Anyone know off hand? I'm at work....DOH!
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Garret_Masterson
    Garret_Masterson
    Soul Shriven
    glass motif is 5000 crowns
  • Soriana
    Soriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't that picture in Malabal Tor, Velyn Harbor?
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadly the glass armor doesn't even look good enough for what they charge...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glass Armor Motif: 5000 crowns, including 10 style material (cheap!!! buy now before they realize they made a mistake!)
    Malachite: 500 (pack of 10)
    Mage's Guild Pack: 700 (3 costumes)
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wasn't it so that the environment of the Hollow City got lighter and more friendlier the more people the player rescued in the course of the quest line? The hostess seemed to appreciate her little pocket filling up with life and (potential) worshippers.

Love the Mages Guild outfits, btw. Dress up, go to any guild hall, /read, /juggleflame, or just /sitchair. Boom, instant RP. ;)
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weberda wrote: »

I think malachite shards will drop in price. The crown price is not very high. But $50 for the glass motif? That is a lot of money. I think with a price that high, the vast majority of players will continue to buy glass motif pages with gold.
  • CaliberSH
    CaliberSH
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

I think malachite shards will drop in price. The crown price is not very high. But $50 for the glass motif? That is a lot of money. I think with a price that high, the vast majority of players will continue to buy glass motif pages with gold.

Actually $40, and even then you get 5,500 crows, so you have some left for the Malachite.

• OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    CaliberSH wrote: »
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

Actually $40, and even then you get 5,500 crows, so you have some left for the Malachite.

I'm very thankful for this. I was getting tired of completing writ after writ since 9/15 everyday and only ever receiving 1 fragment.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new motif hasn't even been out for a month...and Telel just now managed to get all but 1 of the recipes.

Normally Telel doesn't like to complain but this really does irk them. If they're going to add them to the crown store so soon they need to do it when the new stuff is first added, or wait three months or so.

Had they done it right away Telel would have purchased it. Now they're just annoyed.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »
    Normally Telel doesn't like to complain but this really does irk them. If they're going to add them to the crown store so soon they need to do it when the new stuff is first added, or wait three months or so

Accountants, hot on the trail of a coin, do not like to be kept waiting.

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damnit, now I have to buy more crowns...

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally Telel doesn't like to complain but this really does irk them. If they're going to add them to the crown store so soon they need to do it when the new stuff is first added, or wait three months or so

Then why wait at all? Like Telel said, it should have been put in the crown store the first day if they weren't going to wait a few months to add it.

Now this one is very unlikely to purchase anything in the crown store just out of annoyance over these methods.
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then why wait at all? Like Telel said, it should have been put in the crown store the first day if they weren't going to wait a few months to add it.

Now this one is very unlikely to purchase anything in the crown store just out of annoyance over these methods.

Like us, the accountants are likely frustrated by how long it takes the developers to implement things. Daily meetings. Checkpoints. Accountants picketing in front of ZOS offices. It has taken this long for ZOS to comply with the demands of Accounting, and believe me, I think Christmas Card Lists are shorter this year. For Orsinium, I bet Accounting wants that stuff in the store TWO WEEKS before the DLC ships, or there may be some different chestnuts roasting over the open fire.

:smiley:
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bah humbug! XD

• Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The price will stop most from buying it. I want it. But not for 5,000 crowns. I'll keep going for those pages.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soriana wrote: »
    Isn't that picture in Malabal Tor, Velyn Harbor?
    I don't think so; the architecture in the picture definitely rings of Nibenese; Velyn Harbor is Altmeri (and doesn't have a huge cathedral).
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is definitely Hollow City, but not the one that I see in the game. I went there and stood at that location, or as close as I could get due to a tent being there and an anvil not being there.
  • RaistlinMING
    when will the Xivkyn style on crown store?
    All my life, I was my own person. The choices I made, I made of my own free will. I was never held in thrall by anyone or anything; not even the GOD herself! Bow to others in reverence and respect, but never in slavery.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is definitely Hollow City, but not the one that I see in the game. I went there and stood at that location, or as close as I could get due to a tent being there and an anvil not being there.
    Maybe using one of the "portable crafting stations" that were datamined?
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when will the Xivkyn style on crown store?

^
    This one would like an answer for this question..

• gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The new motif hasn't even been out for a month...and Telel just now managed to get all but 1 of the recipes.

Normally Telel doesn't like to complain but this really does irk them. If they're going to add them to the crown store so soon they need to do it when the new stuff is first added, or wait three months or so.

Had they done it right away Telel would have purchased it. Now they're just annoyed.

I figured you would have followed the forums a bit better there was data mining done a few months back that showed these items going to be in crown store. I made a killing on the guild trader selling these off....
  • Balthyzar
    Balthyzar
    ✭✭✭
    Where's the zyvkyn motif now?
    Balthyzar,
    Heir to House Dagoth & last of the Aundae
  • Leondis
    Leondis
    With the glass style motif, will I be able to wear glass style armor at VR7? And is it just armor? Or is it weapons and shields also?
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    Was it intentional for the dye system to produce incorrect colors on Glass armor? Are we basically being told that even tho we earned those dyes, we can't have them on our awesome, expensive, shiny new armor? Yeah if you haven't already noticed, the colors on the dyes for Glass armor are all off.
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."