Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I don't know anymore :(

JankH
JankH
Hey guys, I've got a bit of a problem with my High Elf sorcerer (wearing full light armour). I love to PvP but I find that my character and my stats aren't good at all, so far I've been having problems with my magicka regen and my spell damage - I've done my best to improve them both but alot of the gear I need either costs alot of gold or I need to farm quite a bit in pve. so back to where I was with my spell damage and magicka regen, my spell damage is very very poor. I currenty have 1269 spell damage and 1277 magicka regen and for a VR 12 thats a laughable amount. I just need to find a way to sort it out but I feel like I'm making no progress.

The Current gear I'm wearing is 5 piece Necropotence and 3 piece magnus. I know with the magnus set I can just get the 4th magnus passive for spell damage but I've only just fixed up my max magicka and if I get the 4th passive for the magnus set I'll have to sacrifice magicka which I need (I'm currently at 28063 max magicka). What I'm finding with all my gear is that if I change something I'll have to make a sacrifice to something but I really cannot afford to sacrifice much at the moment. I just feel trapped because I can't afford more gear and no matter what I change I'll have to make a sacrifice to something.

The thaught I've recently had to fix my magicka regen is to reset my champion points and instead of having a bunch of points in reduce magicka cost I thaught I would use those points for magicka recovery (I have 13 points in reduce spell cost and 13 points in magicka recovery) . Although, I'm not sure if thats a good idea or not so I guess I'll just wait for more knowledgeable players to cover that for me.

For spell damage I was thinking of switching my mundus stone from the mage to the one that increases spell damage (can't remember the name of it) but again, I'm not sure if thats a good idea.

If you guys wanna know what glyphs I have on my gear then I have increased max magicka, reduce magicka cost and magicka recovery. The reason as to why I've not talked about pve much is because I think PvP in this game is more interesting to me and I just can't find the motivation to do pve for some reason, if he only way to fix my characters problems is to do pve then I guess I'll have to do it.

I've heard of a bunch of armour that you can craft but I have none of the stuff needed to craft that stuff so crafting is also a dead end for me, the only reason I have magnus is because a friend made it for me.

EDIT: After reading this back I've realised that some people might just say "just l2p" or something but I've done what I can to help myself by watching youtube videos and such but everything I've tried hasn't really helped me, which is why I'm turning to you guys now. :)

Thanks guys for any answers and if I've missed anything about my character that I should of mentioned to narrow things down please tell me and I'll get back to you. :)
Edited by JankH on September 22, 2015 7:25PM
PC EU
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    v12 martial knowledge cost 300-400g per armor piece, it is cheap and not costable, you can get 4 items of this for spell damage.

Adroitness necklace is costy, but if you do Crypt of Hearts veteran a couple of times, when it becomes the daily pledge - you should be getting a necklace, and some armor pieces, all you need is 2 pieces though, the necklace and one armor.

2 rings of your choice, find a set that boosts you in any way.

3 Torugs Pact, 2 armor parts and weapons. This set can be crafted. Make 1 piece heavy armor, 1 piece medium armor (choose between these parts: chest - head - legs).
    Choose the Atronach as your mundus stone.
    Spend 10-14 attribute points into health, slot Strucktured Entrophy to gain 8% more health.
    If you wish to have a even more sustained build, grind till you're v13 and wear 5 Healer, 4 Martials, 2 Torugs Pact.
    All this will of course be at expense of your maximum magicka, but since you have very little cp, it might be worth trading for that, specially since you are only v12 and prefer pvp.
  • tactica
    tactica
    ✭✭✭
    I like the above advice.

You might consider Apprentice if you are going for Spell Damage boost now... Autronarch for recovery is good in PvP likely if you are doing long fights with the new reduction to damage though... hmm...

If you have limited access to crafting, the only other thing I can think of from your write up and the above info is focus on max magicka and infused on the main pieces of gear you are wearing (head, chest, legs)... look at mundus bumps on the non essential pieces (arms, feet, shoulders, waist).

I would start working on crafting... just break down the stuff you find. Its an easy way to level up your skills. At vr12, you should be 50 in wood, blacksmith and clothier easily. Its just a matter of skyshards and points with learning some key traits. When you get to 4 traits learned on the gear you need (light armor, maybe one piece of heavy and one piece of medium for undanted) and staves - then you are good to go for most adequate builds you will need.

For a jewelry sets that are affordable / attainable, warlock is probably not an option for you... so, might look for Syrabane, Soulshine, maybe something in IC that can drop... whatever you can find that works as a set and is affordable boosting total magicka and spell damage preferrably. I personally like to avoid magicka Regen and let my attribute points handle that.... your milage may very of course, and depending upon how quickly you deplete, you'll have to gauge... weaving light / heavy attacks is going to be required of course.

Good luck, report back on how it goes and where you land if you get the time.
    NA, PS4, vr13-DE Maj DK, vr9-HE Maj Sorc, vr1-Kaj Stam NB
    Knowledge is Power