Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to fun (class-discussion)

FluffyMeowington
Hey guys,

I've been playing this for around 2 weeks now and re-rolled multiple times, and so far my highest classes are: DK (24 dps, 12 tank), sorc (22 dps), NB (2h/bow 15) and Templar (healer 12). Normally in MMOs I play tanks or healers if they're involved. For instance, in WoW I played a monk tank, in Wildstar I was an Esper healer, etc.

I like classes that have "more" to them, so I can't master them in a week. My favourite Dota heroes are meepo & invoker. You get the idea.
So far, I've been struggling massively with having fun playing anything other than stormcaller sorc. Melee/Tank DK seems dull as hell (haven't tried magicka dk, that looks cool), NB could be challenging as a DW melee build in pvp maybe...and healing was an entirely replaceable experience.

tl;dr: I thought tanking could be interesting in this game because it's so different, but that didn't turn out to be true (for me), so I ask you: what is the most advanced spec in the game? What do you find the most fun? I need ideas for stuff to try out, because right now dps sorc seems like the way to go.
DC4lyfe
stamplar, magplar, magdk
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    I am still pre-50 but one thing I will say is that the classes mature much later than your levels attained.

Also, what are your "goals" for fun?
  • FluffyMeowington
    Oh yeah, I'm sure they do, but between playing to around 20 and looking up gameplay/guides for specs and stuff, I generally have a pretty good idea of what's in store for the classes I tried^^

As for goals for fun...that's of course totally subjective, but I was hoping other people who like the kinda chars I like might post what they enjoy the most. Didn't have any particular goalposts in mind. I just want something to play that has so much to it that there's room for error.
    DC4lyfe
    stamplar, magplar, magdk
  • NinjaMyk
    NinjaMyk
    ✭✭✭
    A stamina based sorc is a bit different but is reasonably strong and I love playing mine. You can use you magicka pool for just buffs and the teleport and then hit hard with your stamina weapon of choice as dual wield, two handed and bow all offer options. Just make sure to pick up surge asap morph it to crit surge and raise your weapon to crit to 50% plus as at that point you heal yourself for a decent amount
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well ....

Tanks and healers are ment for group play in ESO, not solo questing. If you quest a lot then focus on a dps build regardless of what class you play. You can switch gear and respec for group play.

There are three types of dps:
    *Magicka
    *Stamina
    *Hybrid between magicka/ stamina

*Magicka builds in general are less bothersome, as you will not be having to pvp to get certain skills, such as caltrops for endgame content.

*Stamina builds are more bothersome, but just as valid for endgame content.

*Hybrid builds are great for group dungeons, but far from as glorious as a pure magicka build dps, or pure stamina build dps.

That being said, given that your armor is good, you get these options:
    *Magicka build dps can do healing as well in group dungeons, and doesn't need to change armor.
    *Stamina build dps can do tanking, but must change some armor parts, and at least slot 1 taunt skill.
    *Hybrid build can tank&heal, dps&heal, or dps&tank.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on September 20, 2015 7:21PM
  • FluffyMeowington
    Thanks for taking the time to post, but kinda completely missed the point.
    DC4lyfe
    stamplar, magplar, magdk