The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Should the Werewolf Ultimate be a toggle?

• CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iduyenn wrote: »
    Dont you guys find it strange, that noone from Zos gives us answers? (After half a year of begging and asking... Again..)

With the next ESO Live this week and werewolves becoming a topic again I think if enough of us ask for developer feedback and provide our own experience and expectations we may be able to get somewhere.
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devour would be better as an execute style attack, if target dies from it push the timer to full. Would solve a lot of problems PVP and PVE :) as devs have stated toggle is impossible, although not why.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not impossible, it's an excuse. It's bugged out before where I haven't reverted to human form and has happened to others. Also, you can stay in werewolf form indefinitely in the Hunting Grounds.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not impossible, it's an excuse. It's bugged out before where I haven't reverted to human form and has happened to others. Also, you can stay in werewolf form indefinitely in the Hunting Grounds.

Or by the shrine, or while feeding (timer stops during the animation). Or you could disable the timer from ticking down, or gain a second every second, effectively doing the same. It is an excuse unless they provide a real reason.
  • Sha_dow
    Sha_dow
    CP5 wrote: »

Or by the shrine, or while feeding (timer stops during the animation). Or you could disable the timer from ticking down, or gain a second every second, effectively doing the same. It is an excuse unless they provide a real reason.

!00% agree with this
    We all want to play the game in the way we want which is WHAT we were promised a game with very few limits and using your own play style

I want to be be a were wolf all the time or atleast (at night all the time 4 hours were wolf 4 hours human when light etc)

make devour add 5 minutes instead to make it more managable

I can stay in werewolf form but its not exactly EASY on say boss fight on adds yes but main fights no,

Also I jsuit came back and STILL 14 out of 20 werewolf transforms were bugged... I cannot belive you havent fixed this yet :(
  • Sparky617
    Sparky617
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I see no reason why WW form should not be a toggle, especially considering that Vamps get 100% of their "utility" 100% of the time; as well as, their weakness. I think the same should apply to WW. On an individuality basis... I think WW should skills should be "weapon" skills and we should still be able to use class skills while in WW form
  • Taz
    Taz
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be fine with WW not being a toggle only IF there was no WW timer. So that way you can't use an ultimate and then switch to werewolf (you'd have to regain ultimate to switch to werewolf) but you don't have to keep pushing your group to move faster.

The ideal thing I'd like to see is a toggle, though. Just above all I want to see the timer gotten rid of. They've made so many improvements. I don't have an issue sustaining werewolf while in constant solo combat and ultimate isn't so hard to get, but there's so many things I cannot do. When I'm a werewolf, I can't respond to the group. I can't pace myself with the group. I have to keep pushing, I have to keep eating, and I can't even type anything while I eat because it interrupts my devour.

So.

TOGGLE. NO TIMER. Yes please.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think WW should be a toggle, but NOT an Ultimate toggle. Why should WW have to sacrifice an Ultimate? Vampires don't.

Werewolf mode should simply be a keybind, just like the "H" key is for horse riding mode. The werewolf would simply hit a key to morph in and out of WW mode whenever he felt like it. This is by far the simplest solution, and werewolves wouldn't feel gimped in any way.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    ✭✭✭
    Yes the WW should be a toggle. Plus the stats for all weapon damage is wrong, you don't get 18% from passive, plus both RRIV 20% and HRIV 10% do not give the correct amount. Wish DEV's would read these forums like they say they do.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a compromise that would be easy to do, A werewolf costume that only werewolves have access too. Keep the ultimate how it is now but have the options to use your regular skills and be seen as a werewolf. Would be great for the RP aspect of it and would not change game mechanics.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes it should be like overload
  • Suhxtob-yu
    Suhxtob-yu
    ✭✭✭
    Bad dogs. Stop begging.

• Suhxtob-yu
    Suhxtob-yu
    ✭✭✭
    For real though, WW is still in a pretty bad spot. I think doubling the timer would be an easy enough fix.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 toggle
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taz wrote: »
    I'd be fine with WW not being a toggle only IF there was no WW timer. So that way you can't use an ultimate and then switch to werewolf (you'd have to regain ultimate to switch to werewolf) but you don't have to keep pushing your group to move faster.

The ideal thing I'd like to see is a toggle, though. Just above all I want to see the timer gotten rid of. They've made so many improvements. I don't have an issue sustaining werewolf while in constant solo combat and ultimate isn't so hard to get, but there's so many things I cannot do. When I'm a werewolf, I can't respond to the group. I can't pace myself with the group. I have to keep pushing, I have to keep eating, and I can't even type anything while I eat because it interrupts my devour.

So.

TOGGLE. NO TIMER. Yes please.

I also think it would be the best compromise, since we stop generating any ultimate while in WW form. And while Devour wouldn't generate any duration anymore, maybe it could give us a Major Savagery and/or Brutality after we devoured for something like 30sec?
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on the Overload idea, how about a hybrid between toggle and a timer:
    When you transform, your ultimate counter essentially becomes a timer, ticking down. The more ultimate you had stored before turning, the longer you can remain in the form. You can transform back(and save any remaining ultimate) any time you want. There is a minimum ult required before you can turn into WW form.

Basically an overload, except the ulti counter will go down with time instead of with light/heavy attacks.
    Edited by Sharee on May 16, 2015 9:21AM
  • Shadow
    Shadow
    ✭✭
    I say keep the cost were it is, but remove the timer. This would keep anyone from just switching forms at any given time, while still giving werewolves the toggle that they should have. and yes change devour to give us something. Damage, speed, etc for x amount of seconds after devouring a corpse.
  • AegisWolf
    AegisWolf
    ✭✭
    I think werewolf would be just a bit OP as a toggle. However, I think both the werewolf timer pool and the time gained by Devour should be doubled.
  • AegisWolf
    AegisWolf
    ✭✭
    I think werewolf would be just a bit OP as a toggle. However, I think both the werewolf timer pool and the time gained by Devour should be doubled.

Alternately I like the idea Sharee brings up, but the time gained by Devour would still deserve a double.

(Oops, hit Quote instead of edit :/ )
    Edited by AegisWolf on May 21, 2015 11:56AM
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting concept... what if we turned the timer around? Hear me out. As in you cannot transform back until your bloodlust is quenched.

-As you fight as a human you build up ultimate... no human werewolf buffs (yet)& weakness to poison(in human form).

-Once you gain enough ultimate you can transform... and the timer starts 5 min.

-until the timer depletes you can't not turn back into a human.

-Devour drops time down. And grants a stackable long term buff 10 min increase stamina regeneration and health regeneration by 15% this can stack up to an hour Depending on how much you ravage. buff transfers over to human form for remaining duration.

-You can stay in werewolf form as long as you want with no penalty. Except that you are now attacked by guards in pve

Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Stormy13
    Stormy13
    Soul Shriven
    Iduyenn wrote: »
    Dont you guys find it strange, that noone from Zos gives us answers? (After half a year of begging and asking... Again..)

I agree, been waiting for a response from Zos on all the feed back from the community, but all has been quiet on their end.

I wish they would make it a toggle for the WW, I don't think it will happen but will continue to have hope they will do it or explain this technical issue on why they can't and do something else for the community.

So I canceled my subscription this month and will play f2p off and on until I see something worth coming back on WW update. They won't see any more money from me till they do something for the community in regards to the WW.
    Edited by Stormy13 on May 30, 2015 8:40PM
  • Magma_Claw
    Wish there was more freedom being a WW :( Like I want to run around as a WW but as its an ultimate, I have to charge it up then use it when I absolutely need it... sucks
  • tyran404_ESO
    tyran404_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Having Toggle like overload should definatly be a good idea and have each of the skills cost ultimate, but feeding can increase your ultimate a bit so you can get some sustainability.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY!
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • Sha_dow
    Sha_dow
    Think of all the threads we have asked for nothing more than the ability to play the class we love and yet even myself sending emails to mods on forums and asking in here for the "developers" to participate in the discussions threads we have heard nothing apart from the first inital post

ESO is a truely epic and beautiful game with rich story but ZOS/BE have let us down over and over

bugs never getting fixed even after 12 months
    requests to fix things that are not right
    requests to make the game better by adding tiny small things

int the end I dont think we will get
    1: the skin changes
    2: the freedom to play w/w how we like
    3: fixes for known w/w bugs

sad to say my werewolf will never become more than a glorified helper monkey for 30 seconds
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here is a long shot... Keep the timer in play..... but make it a togglish.

1. First fix the 18% weapon damage not applying to WW apon activation in form from savage strength passive.
    2. Build up ultimate to transform 300ish or more
    3. Apon activation we gain damage mitigation 30% (possibly poison and Fighter's Guild abilities ignore the damage mitigation)
    4. Apon depletion of timer you remain in form and lose the damage mitigation.
    5. Increase detection range of werewolves and allow stealth.
    6. Werewolf form is a crime and punishible by gaurds in towns
    7. Make feral pounce a taunt
    9. Profit
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Prothwata wrote: »
    Here is a long shot... Keep the timer in play..... but make it a togglish.

1. First fix the 18% weapon damage not applying to WW apon activation in form from savage strength passive.
    2. Build up ultimate to transform 300ish or more
    3. Apon activation we gain damage mitigation 30% (possibly poison and Fighter's Guild abilities ignore the damage mitigation)
    4. Apon depletion of timer you remain in form and lose the damage mitigation.
    5. Increase detection range of werewolves and allow stealth.
    6. Werewolf form is a crime and punishible by gaurds in towns
    7. Make feral pounce a taunt
    9. Profit

1. I'm pretty sure this part is working fine, when I transform I get a weapon damage bonus (note : the value can vary depending if you have a weapon passive increasing weapon damage or not, like S&B or DW, since you loose your weapon passive when switching form)
    2. I don't get that part.
    3. Not a bad idea, but I think it would just be easier if they just removed the timer, make it last until toggle off and prevent any ultimate generation during the transformation (like its currently the case). This way, the WW transformation invulnerability frame and AoE fear can't be abused.
    4. /
    5. Agreed, WW are hunters tracking their pray from the shadows before striking them remorselessly with the killing blow.
    6. Agreed.
    7. If it only affects Feral Pounce and Brutal Pounces main target gets its damage scaled to Pounce than I'm ok with it.
  • brtomkin
    brtomkin
    ✭✭✭
    I think that the two most viable ideas that I have heard are 1) make transformation a toggle like overload and 2) make Blood Rage add time based on damage taken AND damage dealt with light attacks.
    PS5 NA: Pickmans__Model, CP 2000+