Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

IC new healers gear

ryra4
ryra4
hi, does anyone know if the healers habit set will be at VR16? if not which new set do you think will be excellent for healers?

Thanks!
  • ryra4
    ryra4
    thanks, do you think that would be more useful for PVE then the healers set for healing?
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even though its encouraging "bad healing" aka healing ppl when they are at full health I do see it as the set ppl will use since it will make the dps stronger, and in large group fights like in PvP or in Trials there will be those that take no dmg and others that do so when you do big area heals some of them will get the bonus of the set while you heal the others so yea I say it will be the new "must have"
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a PVP perspective, with the way healing works, heals automatically go to the LOWEST health ally, not the full health ones. So the only time you could get this benefit is immediately before main fights as all heals after that will go to those losing health. From a PVP perspective, I think people will want a different set for healing as the 5th bonus isn't going to apply 90% of the time IMO.

For PVE this could be a very good set as you would cast this at the first of every mob/boss fight when everyone is at full health. If you also are able to keep your team at full health all the time, this could be a very useful set.

For me to ever use it, the bonus would have to Proc at 85% health IMO. Then it would be viable for both PVE and PVP.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • ryra4
    ryra4
    whats your thoughts on the scathing mage set for healing in PVE? would a seducer set still be useful even with these new sets out?
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AoE Heals like healing springs does not directly go to the lowest health target, it will go to the ppl in the area of the heal first obviously then lowest in that area. Sure in pvp its either a bit more spread out or super stacked but I can still see this work, less so in PvP but in PvE. In PvE any good healer will keep the group at top 90% of the time. And sure the effect only lasts for 3sec but when its constantly being reapplied I don't see the problem. In AA, Hel Ra even some times in SO, the DPS are almost always at full health since there aren't much the tank can't pick up, especially during boss fights.
    Edited by paulsimonps on August 31, 2015 3:04PM
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ryra4 wrote: »
    whats your thoughts on the scathing mage set for healing in PVE? would a seducer set still be useful even with these new sets out?

Scathing Mage requires you to deal crit damage. It doesn't work with heals sadly.

Healer's Habit does not scale to v16.

And Spell Power Cure is a bad set, because it rewards "overhealing" which is considered a bad habit.
    Edited by Anhedonie on August 31, 2015 3:19PM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • ryra4
    ryra4
    would the combats physician be worth while to take a look at? or is the damage shield not worth it ? it seems healing wise.... seducer and healers habit would still be good to use? even with these new sets...
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    would the combats physician be worth while to take a look at? or is the damage shield not worth it ? it seems healing wise.... seducer and healers habit would still be good to use? even with these new sets...

As long as "overflowing damage" bug exists, CP set is a death sentence.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks, do you think that would be more useful for PVE then the healers set for healing?

In PvE this will be required in Trials from at least 1 healer....anywhere else it is a dps loss for the group...
    Edited by hedna123b14_ESO on August 31, 2015 3:34PM
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a NB healer I like the following set-up: Max spell dmg with controlled procs:

4 Overwhelming Surge (basically an upgrade to Martial Knowledge)
    • (2) + Max Magicka
    • (3) + Spell Dmg
    • (4) + Spell Dmg
    3 Willpower Jewelry (you want these due to the 50% boost to stats they have)
    • (2) + Max Magicka
    • (3) + Spell Dmg
    2 Molag Kena (Medium and Light piece)
    • (1) + Spell/Weapon Dmg
    • (2) + Spell/Weapon Dmg on proc
    2 Torug Pact (Heavy chest plus staves)
      (2) + Spell Dmg

*This set-up allows you to get full benefit from the 6% stat boost from the undaunted passive and allows you to control your burst and resources by giving you control over the Molag Kena proc. I would suggest using the apprentice or mage mundus and running cost reduced jewelry enchants and then switching to spell damage as you get your resource management under control! This would be my recommendation for most healers to as you can use use two quick light attacks for molag kena proc for when you really need burst heals!

This set-up will also allow you to swap to a dps role as needed, given that all healers really need to be hybrid dps in this game to maximize your groups effectiveness!
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having one healer in a trials group run spell power cure is going to be mandatory in competitive groups. Since it does not stack with another set of it, only 1 person per group should be wearing it. As a magicka nb, I will wear this set when I dps if for some reason we don't have a healer running it since I will be healing people with funnel health constantly.
    Combats physician will be nice if you find that your heals without it are not strong enough to keep a sub-par group up. Honestly, there aren't any fights in PVE where you need these shields with a decent group.
    If you want to be able to pull as much dps as you can while healing (which is the healer meta right now) Then doing something like @Kerioko said is going to be the best.
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
    Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
    Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
    Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
    Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
    Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
    Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
    Vet Maw 4/5

• Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Combat Physician looks nice in theory, but with the shield only lasting 8 sec. and the cool down 6 sec., you can only have 1-2 shields active on your group at a time. Also given that crit on gear is sub-par to actual stats, dmg, and regen, I would prefer a set with better 3 and 4 piece traits.

Spell Power Cure is probably the best set if your main focus is 4 man groups, as you will be the only one wearing it. If the set is able to proc on the caster, that would make it even better!
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good candidates are obviously Max Magicka/Spell Damage stacking sets:
    4x Martial Knowledge, 4x Overwhelming Surge, 3x Willpower, 2-3x Torug's Pact, 2x Stygian, 2-3x Adroitness etc.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »

And Spell Power Cure is a bad set, because it rewards "overhealing" which is considered a bad habit.

I disagree, this set gets procced by HoTs and those keep ticking even when you're full health. Also, if you use Healing Springs or other AOE heals the last ticks will often hit full health players thus buffing their damage. Overhealing is bad but that happens regardless if you want it or not, this sets buffs the group by a mechanic that happens anyway.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    @omfgitsbatman I found another great set for Healers is 5 Kagrenac's Hope. This set is crafted in the earth forge!

Screenshot_20150902_115145_zpshtgg7ngs.png

This set with 3 willpower jewelry and 3 piece torug's pact will give you a nice magicka with decent spell damage and regen and let you resurrect people like mad!
    Edited by Kerioko on September 2, 2015 3:56PM
    Cor-Leonis
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kerioko wrote: »
    @omfgitsbatman I found another great set for Healers is 5 Kagrenac's Hope. This set is crafted in the earth forge!

This set with 3 willpower jewelry and 3 piece torug's pact will give you a nice magicka with decent spell damage and regen and let you resurrect people like mad!

I guess

Looks better for bad healers with the resurrection +

jest jokin

everybody dies.. I know people who run with this and its all good

I'm aiming for the gear sets mentioned by @Kerioko personally
    Edited by BRogueNZ on September 2, 2015 6:46PM
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    If the spell power set bonus last longer than 3 seconds maybe. The set does encourage bad/over healing which may bite you in the a** cause your constantly casting heals draining Mana when you could have save that one or 2 heals that you have left to use when team mates need heals. If it's damage increase you desire. Why not run a healer/dps build. So instead of buffing one person for 3 seconds you can make that up with dealing damage yourself. I run a healer/dps build and it makes killing things alot faster for my team without running risk of draining my Mana so I can heal when it's needed. The way I do so is cast else drain on enemy and heavy attack weave/force pulse. I barely lose any Mana that way with dps and have plenty of heals to spare. And when enemies health gets low I just Jesus beam. I'm able to pull 15-18k dps on boss fights doing this with right gear and rotation.
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRogueNZ wrote: »
    Kerioko wrote: »

I guess

Looks better for bad healers with the resurrection +

jest jokin

everybody dies.. I know people who run with this and its all good

I'm aiming for the gear sets mentioned by @Kerioko personally

Kagnerac looks like it is going to be the cornerstone of my Heavy Amor-based Magicka Tank-DPS NB build. 5pc Kagnerac+5pc Footman+2pc Monster for PvE. For PvP, there's a lot more variability, but I think I'm going to start with 5pc Kagnerac+2pc Torug+2pc Monster+3pc Healer Habit and see how that goes in terms of a nice compromise between damage, survivability, and sustain.
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on September 2, 2015 7:11PM
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kagnerac looks like it is going to be the cornerstone of my Heavy Amor-based Magicka Tank-DPS NB build. 5pc Kagnerac+5pc Footman+2pc Monster for PvE. For PvP, there's a lot more variability, but I think I'm going to start with 5pc Kagnerac+2pc Torug+2pc Monster+3pc Healer Habit and see how that goes in terms of a nice compromise between damage, survivability, and sustain.

I am currently running mt argonian as a tank NB. I run 5 Kagnerac/5 Armor Master/3 Willpower with the Armor Master 5 piece on my SnB bar and the Kagnerac 5 piece on my duel wield bar. In PVP, I can instantly switch from turtle mode to high dps mode, and its made for a great attrition/survivability build for 1VX.

Its even worked well for tanking the new dungeons as well.
    Cor-Leonis
  • Leon119
    Leon119
    ✭✭✭✭
    Healer 5 piece spell power cure 5 piece and master resto on springs bar double swords torugs other bar ☺
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    This one is OP for PvP Healer, that comboined with Templar+Battle Ressurection Lv2 > ressed in 0.5s
    Edited by Alcast on September 9, 2015 10:44AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot