Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Locked out of Prison

Clyemne
Clyemne
Last night i went to the new IC Prison dungeon with two friends, all three of us for the first time. A guildy joined to make the party complete. I believe he had been there before.. he also was higher VR rank (15 or 16, against our VR 6-8) and he first tried porting in from Cyrodiil.

We never got to see him in our group! After using wayshrine, porting to us inside the dungeon, we could see his icon with us on the map.. but never saw his character 'in person'.
He tried porting from a different wayshrine, out of cyrodiil. We tried signing to the same campaign he was in (non three of us was set to a campaign before). We disbanned group and all tried porting in again with each new try. Always with the same result - a party of 3 visible characters inside the dungeon, the guildy only to be seen as a mark on the map.

Is this a known issue?
Anyone know the reason/a solution?
"Do not go gently into that good night,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I 've experienced that a few times since Imperial City was released.

We tested a few things, and just as when our blood was about to boil, I came up with this solution:
    1 - he must port out the dungeon.
    2 - when he is out of dungeon, he must leave group.
    3 - he must change his dungeon mode to whatever the group's intended dungeon mode is. In case it is the same, he must change it 2-3 times slowly.
    4 - invite him to group again.
    5 - he must enter the dungeon from a wayshrine.

This method should work.

Warning: rant
    When people group up, the dungeon mode sometimes doesn't change for certain group members, and in case they have dungeon mode set to normal - while the leaders dungeon mode is set to vet, if the leader changes mode to normal, the dungeon mode for the other member changes to veteran.

In case of a vet invites a lowbie to group to downscale dungeon, the vet must have dungeon mode set to normal BEFORE he invites the lowbie - otherwise when he gives lowbie leadership, dungeon mode might change to vet.

I could rant about this forever... but I wont, instead I will throw a meme: ZOS PLS FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    /rant

angry_o_184448.jpg
  • Clyemne
    Clyemne
    Thanks Failkiwib!

The reason i gave those details were because we figured the reason might be in them somewhere.
    Maybe it has to do something with him coming from a certain campaign?
    Maybe it has something to do with phasing (seeing he had been there before and might have done some pre-quests)?
    But we couldnt figure out what exactly.

From your reply i take it it's probably just some random bug..
    I'll sign your rant then! :3

Thanks, i'll try your method next time!
    Looks like a lucky find! :P

"Do not go gently into that good night,
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
    Dylan Thomas
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the campaigns don't affect the two group dungeons, you can be in 2 different ones and still group up and walk into the dungeon from each your own sewer or wayshrine. The problem is the dungeon mode you've got when you join the group.

Group tools are total poopcake.

>.<

• RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a similar situation but outside of PvP, not even at a dungeon no vets a friend wanted to meet me at the vampire shrine and I went to the crown but he was not there and I was right at the crown. he also complained about it being a nudist resort there but everyone I saw was showing absolutely zero skin same alliance same server. @ZOS_GinaBruno or whoever is in charge of this why is this happening it is like we where in 2 separate zones? (PS4)
    Edited by RAGUNAnoOne on September 8, 2015 5:31AM
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Shinra
    Shinra
    ✭✭✭
    I had a similar situation but outside of PvP, not even at a dungeon no vets a friend wanted to meet me at the vampire shrine and I went to the crown but he was not there and I was right at the crown. he also complained about it being a nudist resort there but everyone I saw was showing absolutely zero skin same alliance same server. @ZOS_GinaBruno or whoever is in charge of this why is this happening it is like we where in 2 separate zones? (PS4)

You were in two different zones, yes. More correct, in two different instances. To avoid that, make a group and use the "port to player"-function. Hopefully that works on PS4 the same way as on PC.

For the main topic, I call that a desync problem, which, with the new patch, can appear in appearently any group-dungeon, when your group is "out of sync" (in detail, it will be normalmode for one or two players, and veteran for the rest. the dungeon itself, the group window won't show it properly at that time)
    To avoid it, first form the group, get everyone out under the sun (No player should stay in any dungeon, outlaw hideout or house) Then the leader switches the "mode" of dungeons at least two times. After that, each player checks if it is the desired mode. If you want veteran mode, every player has to give word that his group window is showing the correct icon. Only after that preperation, everybody can port into the dungeon.