Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina nerf

MudcrabsRus
MudcrabsRus
✭✭✭
Can anyone explain what the nerf has done in full to stamina builds now and why their not as effective as before?
Thank you :)
  • I3irchy
    I3irchy
    There still op they. In sick of the focused aim spammers=game killer.
    Oh and the sorcs that just take no damage, ridiculous
  • MudcrabsRus
    MudcrabsRus
    ✭✭✭
    I know how OP sorcs are in PvP but I've heard that stamina builds took a real hit with this nerf.
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several things that hit Stamina builds this patch. Most of them hit all builds, but affect Stamina builds a bit more.

1) If you block an attack, your stamina regen gets set to zero while you continue to block. Given how this was done, and how regen is calculated, if you are near the end of a regen tic (2 seconds) and block, you might not get any Stamina back for close to four seconds.

2) Dodge roll penalty: if you dodge roll once, any further dodge rolls within a certain time frame are increased in cost by 50%.

3) Older sets got lower values for set bonuses, including some weapon damage and weapon crit sets. this also impacted spell damage and spell crit sets, though.

4) There was a bug that was affecting armor penetration effects, where they were multiplicative instead of additive, which meant that things like sharpened maces ignored 100% of enemy armor. Fixing this lowered weapon damage if you were making use of this bug.

5) Nirnhoned armor traits got lowered in value to what they were supposed to be in the first place. This means that almost everyone that was using these is going to take more damage from spells than before, giving casters higher relative damage.

These and several other things affect Stamina users, even though there was no direct Stamina-user nerf. Just a lot of small things that add up to a nerf on Stamina users over magika users when put together.
  • MudcrabsRus
    MudcrabsRus
    ✭✭✭
    This was the reply I was looking for ;)
    Thanks man.
  • mistermutiny89
    mistermutiny89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aett_Thorn kissed every "nerf" on the cheek and gets an insightful from me (they are hard to collect okay!!).

BUT if you have been almost a stamina wielding noob so far not spamming dodge rolls or relying on blocks like my solo console self you are pretty much getting a boost.

Everyone is crying about these changes and I'm just like??? So nothing changes? Just play the game as you would a Normal open world like the Witcher?

Cool.
    Edited by mistermutiny89 on September 4, 2015 6:54PM
    Guild Leader : Defenders Of Miley
    XB1 EU
    EP | VR16 Breton NB -mistermutiny
    AD | VR16 Dunmer DK - Grigori
    AD | VR16 Altmer Sorcerer - Isvoleet
    AD | VR16 Imperial DK - Leonidas
    AD | VR16 Bosmer NB - Hood
    AD | VR16 Breton Templar - Dante
    AD | VR16 Redguard Sorcerer - Raiden
    AD | VR7 Khajiit Templar - Ike'ilyew
    DC | 160 Breton NB - Vergil

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar