Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

World chest and items shouldn't disappear after being looted

GhostMatter
I don't see the point in items and chest being first-come first-serve. It feels like a throwback to MMOs from the early-2000s. If you don't manage to open a chest the first time, someone is gonna come and get it. I love being competitive but not thus way, I believe chests, and maybe runes, should be instanced.
  • FoleyX90
    FoleyX90
    ✭✭✭
    ....no?
  • Foxhunt
    Foxhunt
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree and don't think it needs to be changed.
  • GhostMatter
    Why do you disagree?
  • Caran
    Caran
    ✭✭✭
    Where's the real Problem? There are enough runes, they respawn quickly enough and the same goes for chests.
  • CodingSquirrel
    At the very least, chests in dungeons should be instanced. Either that, or when someone unlocks a chest in a dungeon it should allow everyone else to loot it. That would be just like when you kill something in a group everyone is able to loot it.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not seeing a problem with them going away. What spawns in that location is random it isn't always the same object.
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you disagree?
    cos free will o:)
  • GhostMatter
    Because people can take the runes and chest while you're trying to get them. Maybe they should stay for a few seconds after the last person took them then. That would be a good compromise.

It really sucks going through a quest or exploring and finding all the enemies empty and no chests.

Also, the forum really needs a General Discussion and Suggestion sections.
    Edited by GhostMatter on April 4, 2014 9:31PM
  • Metella
    Metella
    ✭✭
    I would probably mind less if I could get the hang of the lock picking minigame, I think. So far I've managed a total of two tumblers. Not locks. Tumblers.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Because people can take the runes and chest while you're trying to get them. Maybe they should stay for a few seconds after the last person took them then. That would be a good compromise.

It really sucks going through a quest or exploring and finding all the enemies empty and no chests.

Also, the forum really needs a General Discussion and Suggestion sections.

Actually if you are there within a certain range of a chest that is picked for a long enough duration the chest remains and you get to loot it also.
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I am sick of in these games is competing for crafting nodes. It's stupid. Every node should just let you collect it every so often, not have the chance taken by somebody getting there just before you.
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • BambooScramble
    Totally unfair. Everyone should have to work to open the same chest on their own. Skyrim. This is stupid. I don't get anything from higher levels hogging simple chests.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, we've been playing like this for a long time now, it works fine as is. It can seem like it doesn't at first, but there are more chests and node spawns b/c of this, if they were instanced, they would just end up making them extremely rare. You don't get to have both tons of spawns (if you don't see them, you aren't looking hard enough) and instanced.

Also, when the game launches, especially starter areas there is more competition for that stuff, but as people get spread out it's not as bad. I hardly ever have to compete for nodes or chests anymore except maybe nodes in upper craglorn.

-- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the point in items and chest being first-come first-serve. It feels like a throwback to MMOs from the early-2000s. If you don't manage to open a chest the first time, someone is gonna come and get it. I love being competitive but not thus way, I believe chests, and maybe runes, should be instanced.

No. They respawn and the respawn timer is shorter the more people are in the area.

Having everything instanced would take away from the fact that this is a MMO.
    It's not a single player game ...
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on June 11, 2015 6:14PM
  • MadMontyMN
    Kemono wrote: »
    Why do you disagree?
    cos free will o:)

So you're being a facetious prick for the same reason. Good to know, you facetious prick.
    "There will be a slight ringing in your ears. Fortunately, you'll be nowhere near them."
  • Sparda10
    Sparda10
    Foxhunt wrote: »
    I disagree and don't think it needs to be changed.

pachulo awebao
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Thread necro -- nothing to see here folks :smile:
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on September 3, 2015 5:48PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Metella wrote: »
    I would probably mind less if I could get the hang of the lock picking minigame, I think. So far I've managed a total of two tumblers. Not locks. Tumblers.

Huh... I find it tedious and easy. I keep wondering why it exists in the first place, because I don't see anyone walking away having failed to get in. I'd just as soon they scrap it and let people just open chests.

Maybe it's your mouse settings or something? The other day when my trackball was gunky it was really hard to hover right over the tumblers.