Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are veteran ranks still the same as before Tamriel Unlimited?

Morthur
Morthur
✭✭✭
Hi

I quit the game shortly after release. The reason was that I had reached level 50 and realized that now I was expected to quest for an extra 100 levels ( = 10 VR levels) without any other means to level my character. Since I already found the grind from 1 to 50 a fairly mediocre experience the idea of grinding 100 levels was utterly unappealing for me.

I didn't follow the games further development in the past 9 or 10 months so I'd like to know if veteran ranks have been removed and/or if the grind from level 50 (VR 1) to VR 14 (or whatever max level is now) has been improved (in other words: the game not forcing me to play through recycled and generally boring quest content for hundreds or hours). The answer will determine if I'll even consider buying the DLC.
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion its just as bad.
  • Morthur
    Morthur
    ✭✭✭
    So VR ranks were still not removed? And PVP still is massively slower then grinding quests? And there is still a gap in content for VR ranks 10-14 (especially for solo players)?

That pretty much kills the game for me. Oh well...
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morthur wrote: »
    So VR ranks were still not removed? And PVP still is massively slower then grinding quests? And there is still a gap in content for VR ranks 10-14 (especially for solo players)?

That pretty much kills the game for me. Oh well...

Well the IC patch that just hit reduced vet exp per level to 850k, increased max vet to 16.

Also a lot of exp buff's were brought in, 50% extra vet quest exp, craglorn got 20% overall (the vet quest exp also apply's here) , dungeons got 2x more i think.

You don't have to quest too 16, do a bit, mix in some pvp, some dungeons, some pledges and a bit of grinding and it won't get boring.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm afraid this is not the game for you to return to, we just got a new patch 2-3 days ago where we can level to v16, and we got Imperial City which is a PvP are with PvE content......

Levelling veteran ranks is as easy as drinking water, compared to trying to get high Champion Point numbers.