Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Restoring light passives

batetolast1
Hey everyone! I'm playing solo most of the time and I'm looking into healing options for my templar. I'd like to know if passives from Restoring Light skill line can apply to myself or is it a bonus for healing others only?
  • fractalknight
    fractalknight
    ✭✭
    Good question. A lot of the restoration magic is not clear about affecting yourself. I wish it was more clear too since I play mostly solo.
    Tarkus Aquila - Imperial Templar
    Klaaz - Khajit Nightblade
    Fractiz - Altmer Sorcerer
    Jonsir Vheti - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Kills-With-Grin - Argonian Dragonknight

Myrddin the Mystic - Breton Warden

PS4 ESOTU Adventurer since June 2015
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking into healing options for my templar.

The only option you need is Breath of Life.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Even though healing abilities say they apply to allies, they are also self-heals. This goes for any heal in the game, not just Restoring Light heals.
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on September 2, 2015 10:59PM
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm I don't know, didn't read the passives after patch. However for solo questing you really don't need your heals to be OP at all.

Make sure you level up your active skills though, in case you should want to do any group activity further up ahead. For single play Breath of Life is the only skill you will ever need from this skill line.

These are not all the skills in Restoring Light tree, it's just the most useful ones for magicka builds. Some of them are rarely used, but good to have levelled in case of emergency - others are in heavy demand in group play.
    Rushed Ceremony - get the morph Breath of Life.
    Restoring Aura - get the morph Repentance.
    Cleansing Ritual - both morphs are good, my favorite is Extended Ritual as I haven't encountered any groups that needed more than that, and its duration is longer..
    Rune Focus - Channeled Focus.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on September 2, 2015 9:15PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep breath of life slotted for my solo play. From what I have experienced, if you're alone, you are considered your own ally. So anything that says "heals allies for XX" really will heal you if no one else is around (or even if other people are but you are the one needing it most)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • batetolast1
    Thanks guys, that helped a lot :)
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    While leveling my templar I rarely needed to use any heals really. Spam jabs and you do good damage and it gives you a self heal. Making my templar toon the easiest to level and grind to max. If you do find yourself with low health one breath of life would keep you alive easily. If you have structured entropy. Pop that at beginning of fight for the spell damage increase, small dot damage and small heal over time as well as buffing next attack by 20% with the passive.
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium