Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Molag Kena Crashing

jluceyub17_ESO
jluceyub17_ESO
✭✭✭
Crashed two straight times when she used the "lightning lawnmower" ability, the big bar of lightning that spins slowly. Right as she dropped it I crashed.
  • Jeth
    Jeth
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Crashed a few times during fight. Group was nice and wiped a few times - 3rd time they held dps till 10% until I could get back in.

What do you guys need for crash dumps?

Edit: corrected typo
    Edited by Jeth on September 2, 2015 6:58PM
    -Jeth
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Please be sure to submit a ticket using https://help.elderscrollsonline.com so that our customer support team can properly assist and track these issues!

Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jluceyub17_ESO @Jeth
    1. What platform are you on?
    2. Which server?

I had the same issue last night @ZOS_MollyH @ZOS_GinaBruno. MAC-NA.
    Edited by Cuyler on September 5, 2015 2:05AM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • adarkartist
    adarkartist
    ✭✭
    Molag Kena keeps crashing sometimes i would crash 10 seconds after the fight started and a few times when the boss was down to like 30%. Not sure but each time I crashed she was casting that long lightning aoe on the ground, took a screenshot when the crash reporter popped up and can see the red bar right before its caste. My group finally killed it (i was healer) when i managed to log back in after the crash my screen showed me as dead, but i couldn't revive myself or be revived because they all said i wasn't dead. Also couldn't use the wayshrine option. and when i tried the /stuck command it charged me the 146 gold for the port, but didn't port me anywhere. when i rebooted the game again i was alive and able to loot boss, but the dungeon quest said to enter the white gold tower(after boss dead) and nothing happened no one was there to turn in the final quest. it did give the the achievement for finishing it as well.
    Also after the first couple of crashes i turned every setting down to minimum that i could, and turned off everything that didn't have to be on(anti-aliasing, ect..)

Here is what came up in the window after one of the crashes, took out my name and ip stuff. only thing i know is wrong on it is the character name it says wasn't the character i was doing the dungeon on.
    [reporter]
    version = 0.01

[extra]
    ProductName = eso
    UserComment =
    Version = eso.live.1.5.7.1103452
    char.account =
    char.alliance = 3
    char.name = Auena <-not the character i was logged in with
    client.executablebits = 32
    client.mode = inworld
    client.renderertype = OPENGL
    client.session_start_timestamp = 2015-01-31T23:34:48.714Z
    client.time_since_load = 894
    client.timestamp = 2015-02-01T00:05:00.975Z -frme 76686-
    client.uptime = 1812.0
    computer.name =
    computer.user =
    cpu.count = 4
    data.depotid = 4000
    data.dir = /Applications/ZeniMax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online/game_mac/
    data.syncm = databuild
    data.version = 0.win.0.live.1103452
    exe.buildnum = 1103452
    exe.opt = release
    exe.reltype = public
    exe.type = client
    gfx.description = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M OpenGL Engine
    gfx.deviceid = 0.0.0
    gfx.driver = 2.1 NVIDIA-10.0.43 310.41.05f01
    gfx.vendorid = 0
    globby.address =
    globby.port = 24505
    loc.wloc = 43 272367 31825 271445 201.23
    loc.world = Cyrodiil
    loc.worldid = 43
    loc.zone = Cyrodiil
    login.address =
    mem.current = 2361
    mem.peak = 2405
    mem.physical = 24576
    os.platform = mac
    os.version = 14B25
    realm.depotid = 0
    realm.id = 4000
    realm.name = NA Megaserver
    reportfield.ver = 3
  • Archire
    Archire
    I'm having the exact same problem. I heard this has something to do with using SSD (and the defragmentation that the launcher uses on your HD), but I have no technical knowledge to say that for sure.

I have made a fresh install, erasing every single file from the game and downloading everything again - I recommend doing that over the night hahaha - and I have gotten no problems yet.

Just that annoying ui scale resetting bug, which ZOS is already aware of.
    "We commend to Aetherius and thee, Auri-El Blessed Eagle, the soul of the beloved before us. May she find eternal light and warmth in Your blessing, and may she be welcomed into the home from which she has been so long denied."
    —Altmer saying

Arcariel - Altmer Sorcerer - Tank
    Dominii - Altmer Templar - Healer
    Braylinn - Altmer Nightblade - DPS
    Calandriel - Altmer Sorcerer - DPS
    Aldmeri Dominion - North America

Grievance - Family, Honor & Loyalty
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi @adarkartist !

Have you submitted a ticket regarding your crash? We can take a closer look if you're able to submit the following in a ticket to https://help.elderscrollsonline.com :

To provide our agents with vital information about your system, please submit a screenshot of your system overview along with a copy of your system information report. To collect these, please use the following steps:

Step 1: Click the apple icon in the top left of the screen, and choose “About this Mac”
    Step 2: Take a screenshot of the Overview page that comes up.
    To Take a screenshot of a window –
    • Press Command (⌘)-Shift-4. You'll see that your cursor changes to a camera pointer.
    • Press the Space bar.
    • Move the camera pointer over the window to highlight it.
    • Click your mouse or trackpad. Or to cancel, press Escape (esc) before you click.
    • Find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop.

Step 3: To generate a System Profiler report, follow the instructions below:

• Open a new Finder window.
    • Go to Applications, then Utilities and Terminal.
    • Type the following:
    • system_profiler>~/Desktop/Report.txt.
    • Wait for the next line to appear in Terminal (This shows the file is finished).
    • Locate the Report.txt on your Desktop .

Please attach the screenshot and Report.txt to your reply.
    Staff Post
  • adarkartist
    adarkartist
    ✭✭
    i did submit a ticket @ZOS_MollyH , and just sent the report.txt file hopefully it will help figure it out
  • jluceyub17_ESO
    jluceyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Archire wrote: »
    I'm having the exact same problem. I heard this has something to do with using SSD (and the defragmentation that the launcher uses on your HD), but I have no technical knowledge to say that for sure.

I have made a fresh install, erasing every single file from the game and downloading everything again - I recommend doing that over the night hahaha - and I have gotten no problems yet.

So a fresh install fixed the Molag Kena bug for you?
  • Hootnannius
    Hootnannius
    ✭✭
    The exact same issue happened to me tonight after investing 2 hours of my night running this White gold dungeon. I started crashing over and over again during the Molag Kena fight. I turned off every add on, and rebooted, and I would either crash after 2 seconds or after 90 seconds, but crash and crash and CRASH.

And yes, I'm submitting a ticket with all the info you requested in two file attachments. It happened on a Macbook Pro Retina playing NA PC server, AZ.

It would be nice if you could warn us that the White Gold dungeon is broken instead. It's one thing if this was a fluke that happened only to me due to some unusual hardware issue. Obviously, a lot of people are experiencing the issue if it's at the top of the ESO forums.

Any chance you'll provide compensation? Like some gold, a skill point, gear, or something?

• Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_MollyH ticket submitted 150904-003449
  • jluceyub17_ESO
    jluceyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tried a fresh reinstall - Crashed the second time she summoned the lightning lawnmower.
    Deleted ShaderCache.cooked - Crashed the second time she summoned the lightning lawnmower.

Is this issue being looked into? Half the new PvE content being unplayable is a pretty big issue.

Ticket - #150904-003722.
    Edited by jluceyub17_ESO on September 5, 2015 12:34AM
  • Saddiq
    Saddiq
    ✭✭✭
    Oh--this is news? I thought this was well known by ZOS. Whenever I run the dgn we try a couple times before realizing half our party members are crashing.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert @chris.dillman @murcer @ZOS_BrianWheeler

see crash report in spoiler
    [reporter]
    version = 0.01

[extra]
    ProductName = eso
    Version = eso.live.2.1.4.1206229
    char.account = Cuyler
    char.alliance = 1
    char.name = Yiihle
    client.mode = inworld
    client.session_start_timestamp = 2015-09-04T22:48:35.371Z
    client.time_since_load = 2255
    client.timestamp = 2015-09-05T01:53:59.474Z -frme 492789-
    client.uptime = 11124.4
    computer.name = xxxxxxxx-MBP-2.home
    computer.user = xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    cpu.count = 4
    data.depotid = 4000
    data.dir = /Applications/Zenimax Online/Launcher.app/game_mac/pubplayercli
    data.syncm = databuild
    data.version = 0.win.0.live.1206229
    exe.buildnum = 1206229
    exe.opt = release
    exe.reltype = public
    exe.type = client
    gfx.description = AMD Radeon HD 6750M OpenGL Engine
    gfx.deviceid = 0.0.0
    gfx.driver = 2.1 ATI-1.32.25
    gfx.vendorid = 0
    globby.address = 198.20.200.24
    globby.port = 24503
    loc.wloc = 579 128296 80173 71516 223.38
    loc.world = White Gold Tower
    loc.worldid = 579
    loc.zone = White-Gold Tower
    login.address = 198.20.200.24
    mem.current = 996
    mem.peak = 1320
    mem.physical = 4096
    os.platform = mac
    os.version = 14F27
    realm.depotid = 0
    realm.id = 4000
    reportfield.ver = 3
    Edited by Cuyler on September 6, 2015 3:44AM
  • jluceyub17_ESO
    jluceyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Got the generic "patch to be released shortly will fix this" message in response to my /bug ticket. Any info on whether this will be in 2.1.5 or an estimate on which 2.1.x it will be @chris.dillman ?
    Edited by jluceyub17_ESO on September 6, 2015 12:50PM
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS I've been in contact with tech support and its been real slow going to get any response here. This is DEF slowing progress for players including me. Prob your new best in slot armor (molag kena set) and ppl who are having this issue are not going to be able to get it until this is resolved. @chris.dillman
    Edited by Cuyler on September 6, 2015 3:45AM
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For many people (especially with only 2GB GFX cards or lower) significantly decreasing graphics settings (including the resolution) seem to solve this issue.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    For many people (especially with only 2GB GFX cards or lower) significantly decreasing graphics settings (including the resolution) seem to solve this issue.

I'm on minimum and still crashing. I'll try playing with the resolution.
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    2013 27" iMac - OS 10.10.5 - 3.5 GHz i7 - nvidia GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB VRAM - 500 GB SSD (348 GB free) - 24GB RAM (which means nothing to this game) - all addons turned off - all video settings at minimum (which is 9 kinds of ridiculous) - Just crashed half dozen times in Molag Kena fight. Happened everytime she cast the red line going across the platform.

Seems the PTS was an Alpha and this DLC is Beta and in the meantime we're falling behind on gear upgrades.
    Edited by Delsskia on September 7, 2015 2:42PM
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • LOWE
    LOWE
    Soul Shriven
    Same Problem here.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick question. Are people that are experiencing this problem Mac users? My friend last night expereinced this same issue. He mentioned he was on a mac and I joked that was probably the reason but at least a few people here have specifically mentioned that as well.
    Edited by redspecter23 on September 7, 2015 5:27PM
  • Saddiq
    Saddiq
    ✭✭✭
    Mac for me, but other than the lip-syncing a couple months back, there's never been Mac issues. Not sure if the person who also crashed when I did at Kena was also a Mac.
  • Falhael
    Falhael
    ✭✭✭
    This annoying bug already existed on PTS. I bug reported it several times, send about 50 crash reports and there was also some talk on the forums about it.
    Client instacrashed as soon as the red line that marks where the lightning thing will be pops up.

For some reason I had hoped this would be fixed on live, but oh boy, I was so wrong. It seems "half-fixed". I only crash now if Molag Kena casts this ability when lower than about 20% health. The line can appear several times earlier on in the fight and nothing happens. I can continue playing just fine. But whenever this aoe is cast at low health of the boss, I crash instantly.

This is super frustrating, especially since I'm playing a healer and my group doesn't always manage to finish the boss off alone. At least for some magical reason I could still complete the quest and sometimes I can even loot Molag Kena. However I decided not to do that dungeon again till this issue is fixed.

I'm truly sick of sending more bug reports, it doesn't seem to change anything. My crash report log is usually completely emty saying something like "no report found" so no point in sending this to ZOS either.
  • jluceyub17_ESO
    jluceyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    New patch notes are up and it looks like this issue won't be resolved this week, any ETA @chris.dillman?
  • radicalb21
    radicalb21
    ✭✭✭
    Since 2.1.5 Patch Notes were just posted and this issue wasn't listed I assume that means we have to wait even longer for stuff to get fixed so we can finally do content when this should have been a priority.
  • adarkartist
    adarkartist
    ✭✭
    If anyone runs it and doesn't crash , after the patch, post here. Maybe was fixed and they just didn't put it the patch notrz
  • Hootnannius
    Hootnannius
    ✭✭
    Magical thinking adarkartist ?
  • radicalb21
    radicalb21
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a copy from the ZOS Crash Reporter:

[reporter]
    version = 0.01

[extra]
    ProductName = eso
    Version = eso.live.2.1.4.1206229
    char.account = radicalb21
    char.alliance = 3
    char.name = Shadowstalker Dedlit
    client.mode = load
    client.session_start_timestamp = 2015-09-03T07:23:24.610Z
    client.time_since_load = 67
    client.timestamp = 2015-09-03T07:25:54.164Z -frme 7898-
    client.uptime = 149.2
    computer.name = v1ru5s-iMac.local
    computer.user = v1ru5
    cpu.count = 4
    data.depotid = 4000
    data.dir = /Applications/Zenimax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online/game_mac/
    data.syncm = databuild
    data.version = 0.win.0.live.1206229
    exe.buildnum = 1206229
    exe.opt = release
    exe.reltype = public
    exe.type = client
    gfx.description = AMD Radeon HD 6770M OpenGL Engine
    gfx.deviceid = 0.0.0
    gfx.driver = 2.1 ATI-1.32.25
    gfx.vendorid = 0
    globby.address = 198.20.200.162
    globby.port = 24502
    loc.wloc = 579 128994 80153 70744 80.86
    loc.world = White Gold Tower
    loc.worldid = 579
    loc.zone = White-Gold Tower
    login.address = 198.20.200.162
    mem.current = 1620
    mem.peak = 1620
    mem.physical = 12288
    os.platform = mac
    os.version = 14F27
    realm.depotid = 0
    realm.id = 4000
    reportfield.ver = 3

Here is also a copy of my incident # 150908-001242. When I sent the email I also enclosed a system profile report. Also some more information I tried playing both with and without any addons and it didn't change anything still crashed multiple times.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hello all!

Thanks for letting us know about this! There's currently a bug logged for our engineers, and they are actively working on a way to resolve this. While I don't have an ETA on a fix, it is prioritized and as soon as we know, we'll be sure to update the community!
    Staff Post
  • Hootnannius
    Hootnannius
    ✭✭
    Thanks for providing this update. At least now we know not to try this dungeon until the fix comes out.
  • Archire
    Archire
    Archire wrote: »

So a fresh install fixed the Molag Kena bug for you?

Actually, I was able to give it a try just once, without any problems. Can't state for sure that its a fix with such a minimum sample space, but I do recommend doing the fresh install if you're running a SSD.
    "We commend to Aetherius and thee, Auri-El Blessed Eagle, the soul of the beloved before us. May she find eternal light and warmth in Your blessing, and may she be welcomed into the home from which she has been so long denied."
    —Altmer saying

Arcariel - Altmer Sorcerer - Tank
    Dominii - Altmer Templar - Healer
    Braylinn - Altmer Nightblade - DPS
    Calandriel - Altmer Sorcerer - DPS
    Aldmeri Dominion - North America

Grievance - Family, Honor & Loyalty