The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Molag Kena Crashing

• Hyperplexed
    Hyperplexed
    ✭✭
    Apparently this next week there's no schedule maintenance or patch, and we all know what that means right?
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, we know. Sadly.
    I'm forced to use my Windows for this dungeon. I hate Windows, I hate the 3-day download, but this bug is even more frustrating :/
  • radicalb21
    radicalb21
    ✭✭✭
    Another week goes by and yet it still hasn't been fixed. Great job ZOS. No patch this week so I guess we go another week without being able to do this dungeon.
  • Cadelay
    Cadelay
    ✭✭✭
    Our tank on a Mac had this happen on the last boss fight on normal tonight, three times in a row. He ended up not getting the kill or the achievement/quest as a result. Very frustrating for him and us having to 3-man it.

Please fix this.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol everyday that goes by here without a fix I wonder to myself @ZOS_Molly_H and @chris.dillman, how does your MAC QA team not catch a bug this large?

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_Alex on October 1, 2015 3:46PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Fyaal
    Fyaal
    ✭✭✭
    So yup. Just crashed twice in this fight after having done it without issue previously. Seems to be some level of randomness to it, but always around 23% ish on molag kena.
    Fyaal - EP Stam DK Grand Overlord
    Invictus
    Nexus Haxus
    Hijinx
    IR
  • Jeth
    Jeth
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    Hey all,

We understand and appreciate the frustration regarding the Molag Kena crash. Chris has been working hard to get it resolved. The process for what seems like a simple bug does occasionally take time on the back end before it shows up on the live servers. Things have to be tested fully to ensure it doesn't break anything else, and that they are in fact a FIX not just a temporary solution.

So far we do see that a resolution has been put in place and should be making its way to the live servers in an upcoming patch. We are unable to provide an ETA on that, as it depends on a number of factors, but if it passes all of its checks along the way it should be resolved soon.

Thank you again for your patience!

I see the "Insightful" "Agree" and "Awesome" options I'm expected to use... Where are the options that are actually accurate and useful? You don't understand and appreciate the frustration. How could you since this was on the first PTS for this release of the game and you're still taking money from people who can't complete one of the two 4-man instances you bothered to put in? You presume too much when you thank us for our patience.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Bashing comments]
    Edited by ZOS_MatM on October 5, 2015 12:25PM
    -Jeth
  • Hootnannius
    Hootnannius
    ✭✭
    Edited per our rules on "Bashing"...

Edited per our rules on "Rude and Insulting"...

This issue existed since PTS. Threat has been open since 8.31.2015. No updates, no ETA on fix, no refunds or compensation or offered. Zenimax response to player frustration = edit.

Interesting customer relations strategy.
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited per our rules on "Bashing"...

Edited per our rules on "Rude and Insulting"...

This issue existed since PTS. Threat has been open since 8.31.2015. No updates, no ETA on fix, no refunds or compensation or offered. Zenimax response to player frustration = edit.

Interesting customer relations strategy.

Well, they broke their own in-game bug reporting feature and never bothered/refuse to fix it, and they refuse to answer their tech support phone lines as well. What else did you expect from them?
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_MollyH

What's the update on this? Still no fix in today's patch. Are you guys ever going to fix this?

Our group has been on hold in completing this vet dungeon because of this stupid bug. It's a bit ridiculous how long this has been broken.
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
  • adarkartist
    adarkartist
    ✭✭
    Yay another week with no fix
  • Hyperplexed
    Hyperplexed
    ✭✭
    Very disappointed at today's patch notes... in all fairness this is what you should do/have done:

1. Fix it
    2. Failing to fix it, just disable the ability all together until you do with an Hot Fix

You also did it for the Rearming Trap exploit:
    The Minor Force bonus granted by this ability, which was previously disabled to address an exploit, now functions as intended again.

Its not even an ability which makes the encounter harder or easier... it just appears, plenty of time to move out before doing any dmg, and rotates oh so slowly... but, it prevents us from being able to do this boss.

I'm wondering... Orsinium announced to November, a month from now... will the fix be on Live when the new content gets released? making it... less relevant?

There is a limit to patience, and its running out... Specially knowing that you were willing to Hot Fix an exploit, but not a game breaking bug, that actually prevents players from playing the content that ppl are paying/subscribing for.
  • Archire
    Archire
    I know everyone is upset about this issue, I sure am myself.

But it doesn't make a constructive criticism only ranting about the problem. I feel that people think the forums are your personal psychiatrist, but they are not.
    Very disappointed at today's patch notes... in all fairness this is what you should do/have done:
    1. Fix it
    2. Failing to fix it, just disable the ability all together until you do with an Hot Fix

You also did it for the Rearming Trap exploit:
    The Minor Force bonus granted by this ability, which was previously disabled to address an exploit, now functions as intended again.

Its not even an ability which makes the encounter harder or easier... it just appears, plenty of time to move out before doing any dmg, and rotates oh so slowly... but, it prevents us from being able to do this boss.

I'm wondering... Orsinium announced to November, a month from now... will the fix be on Live when the new content gets released? making it... less relevant?

There is a limit to patience, and its running out... Specially knowing that you were willing to Hot Fix an exploit, but not a game breaking bug, that actually prevents players from playing the content that ppl are paying/subscribing for.

Comments like this really gives us some opportunity to discuss with the developers what they can do.

But others like "oh, what a bad customer service you're providing us" doesn't help at all. And surely I don't want to defend ZOS for the bugs in their own games, but certainly I want the fix as soon as possible, and trying to help in any way is the best path to get everything working properly as intended.

Afterwards, we can submit an email asking for a partial refund since they did not comply to all the clauses of our gaming contract. But, for now, we can only but wait and try to help with anything possible.
    "We commend to Aetherius and thee, Auri-El Blessed Eagle, the soul of the beloved before us. May she find eternal light and warmth in Your blessing, and may she be welcomed into the home from which she has been so long denied."
    —Altmer saying

Arcariel - Altmer Sorcerer - Tank
    Dominii - Altmer Templar - Healer
    Braylinn - Altmer Nightblade - DPS
    Calandriel - Altmer Sorcerer - DPS
    Aldmeri Dominion - North America

Grievance - Family, Honor & Loyalty
  • radicalb21
    radicalb21
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry ZOS I'm losing my patience on this issue. It has persisted since PTS and as of today still hasn't been fixed. When are we Mac users going to see this fixed. I don't want this to turn into another Dark Cloak issue. We are unable to do half the content as far as dungeons go because of this. We know you hot breaked trap beast and just fixed it this week. Why can't you do the same thing with the Molag Kena fight. I would really appreciate a developer posting on this maybe things can be made clearer and a better line of communication with the community could be established.
  • Hyperplexed
    Hyperplexed
    ✭✭
    @Archire

Not really sure if you are saying that I was ranting or not on my last post, cause I don't think I was... I mean... I am tired of all the problems I've been having yes, and seeing that this issue has been dragged now for over a month, just makes me think... Is this worth it? Am I spending my time and energy to allow myself to get frustated while doing something that its supposed to be enjoyable and entertaining instead?

In all honesty, I'm no longer upset... I'm just... exausted...

I think tomorrow I'll go over the PTS which already has Orsinium content, just to see if I can try Molag Kena. If this issue is not even fixed on the PTS, is safe to say, we will have at least another month of waiting ahead of us (for those willing to wait ofc)

And while this statement is rather speculative, its not hard to get to that conclusion just by looking at the last patch Pre-IC vs IC launch dates:

Last pre-IC patch: PC/Mac Patch Notes v2.0.15, released August 3
    IC Release: PC/Mac Patch Notes v2.1.4, released August 31

The Orsinium release is due to November 2, I sincerely dont see this situation getting fixed anytime soon, since ZOS focus will be towards Orsinium, and nothing else.

If you guys are willing to join me on the PTS, check first if I'm around the NA Megaserver. Also assuming that we can do cross-faction groups ofc, since its one of the new announced features. My @ name is the same as here at the forums.

EDIT:
    Worth also mentioning, the v2.2.0 PTS Patch notes, don't mention about anything Mac related other than:
    Gamepad mode is not supported on the Mac game client even though the option is visible and accessible. You can switch back to the regular form of gameplay by pressing the Escape key, then navigating through the keyboard Settings to turn it off.

(I couldn't care less about a controller anyway...)
    Edited by Hyperplexed on October 6, 2015 2:50AM
  • Archire
    Archire
    @Archire

Not really sure if you are saying that I was ranting or not on my last post, cause I don't think I was... I mean... I am tired of all the problems I've been having yes, and seeing that this issue has been dragged now for over a month, just makes me think... Is this worth it? Am I spending my time and energy to allow myself to get frustated while doing something that its supposed to be enjoyable and entertaining instead?

In all honesty, I'm no longer upset... I'm just... exausted...

I think tomorrow I'll go over the PTS which already has Orsinium content, just to see if I can try Molag Kena. If this issue is not even fixed on the PTS, is safe to say, we will have at least another month of waiting ahead of us (for those willing to wait ofc)

And while this statement is rather speculative, its not hard to get to that conclusion just by looking at the last patch Pre-IC vs IC launch dates:

Last pre-IC patch: PC/Mac Patch Notes v2.0.15, released August 3
    IC Release: PC/Mac Patch Notes v2.1.4, released August 31

The Orsinium release is due to November 2, I sincerely dont see this situation getting fixed anytime soon, since ZOS focus will be towards Orsinium, and nothing else.

If you guys are willing to join me on the PTS, check first if I'm around the NA Megaserver. Also assuming that we can do cross-faction groups ofc, since its one of the new announced features. My @ name is the same as here at the forums.

EDIT:
    Worth also mentioning, the v2.2.0 PTS Patch notes, don't mention about anything Mac related other than:
    Gamepad mode is not supported on the Mac game client even though the option is visible and accessible. You can switch back to the regular form of gameplay by pressing the Escape key, then navigating through the keyboard Settings to turn it off.

(I couldn't care less about a controller anyway...)

I'm sorry if I dint make myself clear... I was complimenting your ideas, actually :)
    Edited by Archire on October 6, 2015 9:42AM
    "We commend to Aetherius and thee, Auri-El Blessed Eagle, the soul of the beloved before us. May she find eternal light and warmth in Your blessing, and may she be welcomed into the home from which she has been so long denied."
    —Altmer saying

Arcariel - Altmer Sorcerer - Tank
    Dominii - Altmer Templar - Healer
    Braylinn - Altmer Nightblade - DPS
    Calandriel - Altmer Sorcerer - DPS
    Aldmeri Dominion - North America

Grievance - Family, Honor & Loyalty
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

I have also been playing the game since its launch on the mac with no real issues, yet I must admit this 'bug/crash' has been going on for over a month now. I sincerely trust that there will be a fix for the Mac community...I hope they keep in mind that most games are not mac compatible and TESO is greatly appreciated within our market sector.

To conclude, I have been systematically inviting people to replace my role just after the Fire Atronach boss and I thank my guild for their patience, but I must admit paying for unplayable content from a client's point of view is not on and we should have an ETA for a fix as soon as possible.

PS : A sorcerer in my group placed a negate each time Molag would do her famous attack and I did not crash for quite some time (He forgot to place it at the end at around+/- 10% of the boss's HP and I did crash, but still looted and completed the instance when I relogged)

Thank you,

Freya Hailstrom-Sorne V16 Templar Magicka - EP
    Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on October 8, 2015 9:31AM
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    I just found this thread.

I've been commenting/following this other thread:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2323233/#Comment_2323233

We should combine these threads so all posters can be fully informed.
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Falhael
    Falhael
    ✭✭✭
    This is so frustrating. My group and I went in there again yesterday and of course it crashed over and over. We tried hardmode since someone said it wouldn't crash then... well, that didn't work out so well.

I tried putting my graphic settings to a minimum, still crashing.

The funny thing is that sometimes the client crashes as soon as Molag Kena starts the attack, sometimes I don't crash when she does it three times in a row. But the last time she will do it, I will definitely crash. Just can't see the pattern. We tried a couple of things to keep me from crashing (like turning away from her, or opening the champion system so I don't "see" the special effect. Didn't work. Probably not a smart idea either from a person who knows programming point of view, but we just got creative :disappointed: )

Good thing is that vet hard mode is actually not too hard, so after the third or fourth attempt my group could kill Molag Kena without me. We call it the superhardmode now, since they have to kill her without a healer. If I think the crash effect will appear soon, we come together, I give my group a barrier and then they're usually on their own.

Please just tell us why fixing it is taking sooo long. I guess many players (including me) wouldn't be half as bitter and frustrated if they understood why fixing this is taking so long. I understand that it might be hard to give us a timeframe but every little piece of information would be appreciated.
  • Jeth
    Jeth
    ✭✭✭
    Jeth wrote: »
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    Hey all,

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Bashing comments]

@ZOS_MollyH

When you and yours bother to post, keep it honest and you won't receive criticism from me. Fact still remains this crash was known prior to going live with the DLC and now you have another DLC on PTS with the same crash. Testing and Quality are very poor and customer service is slightly below that. Genius responses like telling the Mac community to open support tickets on the issue when the ticket creation system is more broken than Molag Kena is insulting. Is it that your players know more about the game than the support community responsible for help and maintenance?

I unsubbed. Can't play the PvE content I tested for you for FREE and have been paying for; XP bonus is useless after next release; research reduction times aren't needed; inspiration bonus, gold bonus, crowns for XP scrolls are as useless. This crash was one more bail of straw on the already strained camel's back.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Discussing Disciplinary Actions]
    Edited by ZOS_Alex on October 10, 2015 7:58PM
    -Jeth
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    I concur. The problem has to do with lightning/excessive lighting effect onscreen. Macs have always had this issue with ESO. Even on lowest settings, it is a bit better, but the crashing continues. It happened a lot in:

PvP Cyrodiil battles when everyone uses healing, etc;

Arx Corinium dungeon during the heavy lightning battles;

Tight quarters. ie. in the IC sewer corridors, or any area in which a lot of lightning, healing lighting effects are used;

Molag Kena fight involves a lot of lightning; so does the new Maelstrom dungeon in Orsinium.

I have heard that one of the new upcoming dungeon expansions ( vet version?) might be Arx Corinium ( that won't help matters much for Mac users)

Unless ZOS specifically acknowledges and actively addresses this very known problem. Much of the new DLC content, new gear sets, etc will be unobtainable for many Mac users.
    Hagebutte wrote: »
    This is so frustrating. My group and I went in there again yesterday and of course it crashed over and over. We tried hardmode since someone said it wouldn't crash then... well, that didn't work out so well.

I tried putting my graphic settings to a minimum, still crashing.

The funny thing is that sometimes the client crashes as soon as Molag Kena starts the attack, sometimes I don't crash when she does it three times in a row. But the last time she will do it, I will definitely crash. Just can't see the pattern. We tried a couple of things to keep me from crashing (like turning away from her, or opening the champion system so I don't "see" the special effect. Didn't work. Probably not a smart idea either from a person who knows programming point of view, but we just got creative :disappointed: )

Good thing is that vet hard mode is actually not too hard, so after the third or fourth attempt my group could kill Molag Kena without me. We call it the superhardmode now, since they have to kill her without a healer. If I think the crash effect will appear soon, we come together, I give my group a barrier and then they're usually on their own.

Please just tell us why fixing it is taking sooo long. I guess many players (including me) wouldn't be half as bitter and frustrated if they understood why fixing this is taking so long. I understand that it might be hard to give us a timeframe but every little piece of information would be appreciated.

― Louise L. Hay
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixed today! ......hopefully

"Mac Client
    General
    •Fixed an issue where your game could crash while fighting Molag Kena in the White Gold Tower."

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/223733/pc-mac-live-patch-notes-v2-1-9#latest
    Edited by Cuyler on October 12, 2015 4:51PM
  • Fyaal
    Fyaal
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone tested the fix yet?
    Fyaal - EP Stam DK Grand Overlord
    Invictus
    Nexus Haxus
    Hijinx
    IR
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    @Fyaal @Cuyler @ZOS_MollyH @chris.dillman

WOOT! Finally!!! I ran WGT last night (post-patch fix) and to my great surprise, i managed to complete vet mode AND the entire Molag Kena last boss fight WITHOUT any lag or crashes!

Thank you, ZOS Support Team for not giving up on us Mac players and for good follow through and staying in touch on this thread. I will be running WGT & ICP vet mode a few more times later today, so I will report back here.

Anyone else get a chance to run WGT yet? Results?

Cheers, keto

― Louise L. Hay
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @keto3000 ;)

I actually purchased a new PC gaming rig when this first occurred as I didn't want to be behind the rest of my team when it came time. So no longer playing on my mac (and telling players to avoid it actually). But I'm super happy for all that this is fixed and you had success last night!

GL everyone and keto hmu if you need a deeps >:)
    Edited by Cuyler on October 13, 2015 4:11PM
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I'll have my revenge this week, finally.
    I can't wait to killing her again and again >:)
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers, @Cuyler! Thanks, man. Good luck with your new rig, I was also tempted to do the same, but, I am stoked that ZOS is working to improve the game for its Mac user base. I hope that they make a 64 bit client soon!

Chat you in game soon.

― Louise L. Hay
  • DearLady
    DearLady
    ✭✭
    Sweet can't wait to try this now. If anyone is EP and needs a dps or healer let me know! @dearlady