The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Molag Kena Crashing

• chris.dillman
    chris.dillman
    ✭✭✭
    Got the generic "patch to be released shortly will fix this" message in response to my /bug ticket. Any info on whether this will be in 2.1.5 or an estimate on which 2.1.x it will be @chris.dillman ?

No.

-- ESO -- Lead Mac Programmer...
    Staff Post
  • chris.dillman
    chris.dillman
    ✭✭✭
    Archire wrote: »
    I'm having the exact same problem. I heard this has something to do with using SSD (and the defragmentation that the launcher uses on your HD), but I have no technical knowledge to say that for sure.
    f.

In theory a patch could get applied incorrectly and game data damaged.

But this has nothing to do with having a SSD or not on a mac.

Staff Post
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alway the same problem, but it don't seem to crash during the hard mode, were her spinning attack spin faster than in normal mode.
  • DearLady
    DearLady
    ✭✭
    I feel like such a noob now for not knowing about this. I've experienced this 3 times in a row now... actually more considering how many times I tried to come back after crashing over and over and over again, but technically 3 different groups. Every. Single. Time. First Molag Kena was about 20ish % then it'd crash. Then it'd crash sooner and sooner every time I tried to come back. I have repaired my game, run the game console, I'm now re-installing because I heard that might help but seeing these forum posts now I doubt it. I had no idea it had been an issue since PTS. Wtf? Seriously?

I sent in all my reports and got the same reply... "Here's the forum -- we're looking into it."

I hope reinstalling helps. At least it's not VDSA, and normal mode goes by fairly quickly, but it's frustrating getting a group together only to tell them you're crashing every second on the last boss. AND as a healer (which I am)! It sucks for the entire team!

I noticed throughout the posts a lot of people seem to be healers as well... Could that have something to do with it? The animation glitching together?

Hopefully this finally gets resolved. I've never had problems with crashing the year and a half I've played this game on my Mac (which is another reason I have barely used the forums... hardly any problems) but this IC junk is really just that... junk. It sucks. It's ruining one of my favorite games.
    Edited by DearLady on September 14, 2015 5:59AM
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a dps, I've tested it with my tank, and still crashing. It's not a healer problem.

Is someone on the NA server can try if the fight is still impossible for us ?
  • Archire
    Archire
    Actually I have never been there with my healer, only with my DPS. And never to the hard mode (casuals are struggling to get the gear updated heh) version. I tried imperial prison several times with both toons and everything went smooth. But I'm really afraid of going to the white gold tower and frustrate my fellow guildies by saying I cannot finish the dungeon because I'm crashing on the last boss lol
    "We commend to Aetherius and thee, Auri-El Blessed Eagle, the soul of the beloved before us. May she find eternal light and warmth in Your blessing, and may she be welcomed into the home from which she has been so long denied."
    —Altmer saying

Arcariel - Altmer Sorcerer - Tank
    Dominii - Altmer Templar - Healer
    Braylinn - Altmer Nightblade - DPS
    Calandriel - Altmer Sorcerer - DPS
    Aldmeri Dominion - North America

Grievance - Family, Honor & Loyalty
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Last night I crashed over and over on the last boss and ended up just quitting the dungeon. It was SO annoying and my whole group lost out because of it. Such a pain! I do hope it is fixed soon...
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • radicalb21
    radicalb21
    ✭✭✭
    When is this going to get fixed ZOS? I would love to complete this dungeon without crashing. It's been a couple of weeks now and nothing about it in the last two sets of patch notes.
  • Archire
    Archire
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Hey, Gina, do you know if the updated recently patched has fixed this? I mean, it's horrible to not be able to complete the dungeon, but it's far worse to not having the certainty of not being able to play the dungeon at all - and having to risk a whole group just to see if you can.
    Edited by Archire on September 14, 2015 6:18PM
    "We commend to Aetherius and thee, Auri-El Blessed Eagle, the soul of the beloved before us. May she find eternal light and warmth in Your blessing, and may she be welcomed into the home from which she has been so long denied."
    —Altmer saying

• Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    Hello all!

Thanks for letting us know about this! There's currently a bug logged for our engineers, and they are actively working on a way to resolve this. While I don't have an ETA on a fix, it is prioritized and as soon as we know, we'll be sure to update the community!

Hey @ZOS_MollyH @chris.dillman what's the word? any update on this bug fix? It's been almost 2 weeks.
    Edited by Cuyler on September 14, 2015 6:23PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • DearLady
    DearLady
    ✭✭
    This happened to me the last 3 days (all in a row) so it's definitely not something that's been fixed. Maybe with this patch today *crosses fingers*

I also have no problem with the IC Prison... And I don't even have a problem with the rest of the WGT dungeon (last time we played a boss did magically reset when we got down to the last %... but haven't had that happen before) it's JUST the Molag Kena boss that crashes my entire game.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hey folks! Just to update and let you all know, this is being actively investigated for a resolution. We are unable to provide an estimate with when it will be pushed, but it is known by our developers and they are looking to resolve it as soon as they are able.

Thanks again for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Archire
    Archire
    Hey folks! Just to update and let you all know, this is being actively investigated for a resolution. We are unable to provide an estimate with when it will be pushed, but it is known by our developers and they are looking to resolve it as soon as they are able.

Thank you for sharing the info! At least we do know there's a bug and you are working on solving it! :smile:
    —Altmer saying

• Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the update!
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, still not find the problem ? At least, you are working on it. Thanks for the new, it's appreciated :)
  • Hyperplexed
    Hyperplexed
    ✭✭
    In other news, today's vet pledge is ofc White-Gold Tower

Are the mac players going to be compensated in anyway over this issue? considering that from a PVE player's perspective its about 50% of the IC content that I'm unable to play? and yes its just a game and I'm aware that the issue is being worked on, but I already lost my patience when I got replies from the support telling me to report the bug through the game interface (which was what I did) or to printscreen... how do I printscreen a crash? or does the dev team needs to see my lovely desktop wallpaper in order to fix the crashes?

/rant over
  • DearLady
    DearLady
    ✭✭
    In other news, today's vet pledge is ofc White-Gold Tower

Are the mac players going to be compensated in anyway over this issue? considering that from a PVE player's perspective its about 50% of the IC content that I'm unable to play? and yes its just a game and I'm aware that the issue is being worked on, but I already lost my patience when I got replies from the support telling me to report the bug through the game interface (which was what I did) or to printscreen... how do I printscreen a crash? or does the dev team needs to see my lovely desktop wallpaper in order to fix the crashes?

/rant over

You're definitely not the only one. After being here since Beta I'm kinda at the point of not wanting to even bother anymore. It's ridiculous... AND now Mac users have this particular issue? I told them when I sent my report in I'm 'bout ready to quit. IC has so many issues anyway that don't even have to do with the crash, I know a ton of people who have quit because of IC... Maybe it's just time. My PS is calling me anyway, I guess. It just sucks having played a game for so long only to have it end up like this. Forcing people to DLC that doesn't work and having all the drops be absolutely ridiculous to upgrade your gear and whatnot... It's the messiest upgrade I've ever seen. It's like, here's the new DLC play it or you can't play anymore because you can only get to V16 through it and you're obsolete if you're not V16 btw the DLC barely works have fun! :|

Edited by DearLady on September 16, 2015 8:52AM
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After some tests, I see something during the fight. EACH attack of Kena except the close combat one (the first thunder at the beginning of the fight, the spark around the arena and some other) bring my ping over 9000 1200. When I am on the area, I have 350 ping. When I am outside (the rest of the tower, and on nearly all area in the game), I have 120-150 ping.
    Perhaps it's linked, in any case if my testing is useful I'm happy.
    This bug just block us for nearly all the pve content of the maj (because everyone want Kena, overwelming, thief essence…), and I have to admit that even my patience begin to disappear.
  • Hyperplexed
    Hyperplexed
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure its not that Roy, network issues dont cause crashes, at most they would cause a disconnection. I'm sure it has something to do with either graphical issues and/or the render engine, it only happens after the warning telegraph, when the spell effects should start appearing.

anyway... its the waiting game now...
  • chris.dillman
    chris.dillman
    ✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    I'm a dps, I've tested it with my tank, and still crashing. It's not a healer problem.

Is someone on the NA server can try if the fight is still impossible for us ?

Hi

It seems you are running Mac OS X Yosemite v10.10.1.

Have you tried updating to the newest OS version yet? ( 10.10.4)

A lot of your crashes happen a lower memory usage then expected.

Staff Post
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't upgrade my computer to 10.1.4 for the moment, but I'll try this week end.
    Thanks for the answer !
  • DearLady
    DearLady
    ✭✭
    I thought that updating my operating would help but it still crashes just like before.
  • Saddiq
    Saddiq
    ✭✭✭
    I can support the observation that the crashes happen on very specific attacks by Kena. That was my experience as well.

I'm 'encouraged' (sorry for your annoyance DearLady) that DearLady's updating the OS didn't solve the problem, as I really don't want to update my OS to solve this issue. It would negatively effect too many work-related programs on my computer. I hope the solution they come up with doesn't involve OS updates (I'm currently OSX 10.9.5).

Thanks ZOS for letting us know you're working on it. Hey, BTW do you mind finally updating the lip-syncing you gave to PCs that you were so happy about updating for them for us Macs? I was in IC the other day and it was like the NPC just gave up and looked at me, no mouth movement at all, while I heard the dialogue.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saddiq wrote: »
    Hey, BTW do you mind finally updating the lip-syncing you gave to PCs that you were so happy about updating for them for us Macs?
    Implementation of FaceFX will become possible when the engine switches to OpenGL 4.1. The currently used OpenGL 2.1 can't support it.
  • DearLady
    DearLady
    ✭✭
    Ha I wondered why the lip syncing in IC was so terrible. I didn't realize it was a mac thing they didn't do.
  • adarkartist
    adarkartist
    ✭✭
    so what are the odds that tomorrow could be our lucky mac problems fixed finally day?
  • Hyperplexed
    Hyperplexed
    ✭✭
    *lurks*
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing in this morning's patch notes concerning the Molag Kena issue.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delsskia wrote: »
    Nothing in this morning's patch notes concerning the Molag Kena issue.

I take this to mean they're still developing/testing a fix for this.

In the meantime, have you tried to set the particle system sliders to their respective minimum? Just a shot in the dark, I keep hearing that crashes in this encounter may be caused by excessive use of lightning.
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I had ALL settings on minimum for 2 of my crashes.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia