Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Making my Templar into a Paladin

AngryNord
AngryNord
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So, my Stamplar isn't as optimal as it was anymore with today's update. After disccussing with guildies, I've been recommended to go for a magicka build.I'll go for a Paladin-type Templar in full heavy armour with a two-hander axe - I've only fully leveled the Heavy Armour skill line, and the Two-handed weapon skill line. Light and medium armour are both below 10, as are other weapons skills, except one-handed and shield, which is at 24. All class skill lines are maxed, all racial passives unlocked. One guildie suggested using Vampire's Bane and Dark Flare as primary skills. In addition to that I'll probably go for Brawler from the 2-handed skill line (to tank while regenerating magicka), the "jesus beam" to have an execute, and likely extended ritual for an "oh ***" self-heal, or to help out the main healer. Probably Solar Disturbance (Nova Morph) or Flawless Dawnbreaker as ultimate, unless someone has a better suggestion?
Second bar will be 1-handed + shield,open for suggestion as to which skills+ultimate to use there.

Armour - I've been thinking of 5 pieces Seducer + 3/4 pieces Eyes of Mara, Kagrenac's Hope or Magnus' Gift (Divines trait on minor pieces, Impenetrable on main). Helm, greaves and cuirass enchanted with increase max health glyphs.

Weapon - Sharpened still the trait to go for?

Attributes - Currently I have Stamina + Health in a 2:1 relation. Obviously this will have to be changed, a bit uncertain as to wether to go for equal distribution between health, stamina and magicka, or a 1:1 between Magicka and Health, or something else?
  • redcloud1187_ESO
    Divine shield + hearthstone all the way ;-)
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Forgot to say: Troll posts will be reported
    Edited by AngryNord on September 1, 2015 5:13PM
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What is this for? If PvE, what are you gaining by being a heavy armor dps over light?
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally went the magic route with an "infinite magicka" build.
    Not really much firepower, but the sustain is fantastic, trading in quality for quantity.

I use 1h and shield (twice), as a 2 item offensive option is best for crafted item sets.
    5/5 Willow's Path
    4/5 Seducer
    Jewels with Magicka regen (Arcane Trait would be best for extra magicka).

Together with a magicka drinks you should end up at around 2.9K magicka regen.
    Using the Magicka returning focus increases it even more, making it so you can keep up magicka skills without much problems.

I use 7/7 heavy armor, so even with that i still have a nice regen.
    (I'm an Argonian)

Edited by Fizzlewizzle on September 1, 2015 6:06PM
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is this for? If PvE, what are you gaining by being a heavy armor dps over light?
    I've only fully leveled the Heavy Armour skill line, and the Two-handed weapon skill line. Light and medium armour are both below 10
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not really much firepower, but the sustain is fantastic, trading in quality for quantity.

I use 1h and shield (twice), as a 2 item offensive option is best for crafted item sets.
    5/5 Willow's Path
    4/5 Seducer

Using the Magicka returning focus increases it even more, making it so you can keep up magicka skills without much problems.

(I'm an Argonian)

1 - how did you distribute your attributes? All into Magicka?

2 - what mundus stone do you use?
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »

5/5 Willow's Path
    4/5 Seducer

(I'm an Argonian)

1 - Generally i throw all my Attribute points into magicka, to boost the damage i do with Puncturing sweep/ my heals.
    2 - Atronach stone, for more magicka regen.

The Attribute points can be distributed on stats which you prefer, as your magicka regen is generally enough to keep up skill spam without running out of magicka.
    Do note i use Restoring Aura on my bar for the Minor regen buffs. You can still use pots or other tools to boost your magicka regen further (mostly the major regen buff).

Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »

5/5 Willow's Path
    4/5 Seducer

(I'm an Argonian)

1 - Generally i throw all my Attribute points into magicka, to boost the damage i do with Puncturing sweep/ my heals.
    2 - Atronach stone, for more magicka regen.

The Attribute points can be distributed on stats which you prefer, as your magicka regen is generally enough to keep up skill spam without running out of magicka.
    Do note i use Restoring Aura on my bar for the Minor regen buffs. You can still use pots or other tools to boost your magicka regen further (mostly the major regen buff).

OK, thanks. Tempted to perhaps go 50-50 health/magicka to have a bit survivability, or maybe divide equally to at least have _some_ stamina for using 2-h weapon...