The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Honor the Dead "buff"

Cinbri
Cinbri
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Just wanted to show fellow templars some info:
ZOS promised to buff currently unusable Rushed Ceremony' morph Honor the Dead. So morph was buffed with triggering mana proc from 50% to 75%(with new PvP meta it is hard to call it a buff).
However playing the last days of 2.1 PTS and fount something interesting:
Compare this screen of Live(left) and PTS(right)morph(same Attributes/naked/no CP):
1113.jpg
Not sure where this increased magicka cost came from, butI think just like me you won't notice any big difference however look more carefull and you will see that 15%-18% mana return from live transformed into 12%-15% mana return on pts. It means that full return now loosing 12% of mana return - from live 72% to new 60%. And since i didn't found anything in patchnotes - ninja-nerf.
So, result: while buffing morph, ZOS also nerfed it. I not surprised, that long-awaited buff to useless morph also accompanied with ninja-nerf. Nuff to add, just:

#Nerfplars
Edited by Cinbri on August 30, 2015 3:17PM
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More burst-heal at the cost of Magicka expense is not a nerf.
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »

More heal? Where?
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4432 -> 8435.
    But it said that the bigger healing is due to his stuff.
    It should be interesting to see the base value (naked without any buff) in live and pts.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More cost means bigger numbers on return. Even if it's 15% now. From the first glance looks balanced.
    Edited by Anhedonie on August 30, 2015 2:40PM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    More cost means bigger numbers on return. Even if it's 15% now. From the first glance looks balanced.

He already said that the cost and healing value is based on different gear.
    What logic is this that higher cost means higher return? So should it cost 10k magicka so you can get a whopping 1.5k return?

Less % returned means less % returned.
    The OP has a perfectly valid point that this change should at least be documented in the patch notes if it is intended.
    Edited by Kaliki on August 30, 2015 2:47PM
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it really too difficult to read the OP before posting?
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My fault, edit post with more accurate info with same Attr/naked/no CP invested. Seems something weirds in mechanic also coz mana cost slightly incresed on pts.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More Templar nerfs not noted in the patch notes?

In other news, the sun rose this morning...
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I know: they also changed word "target" to "ally", so know you can proc mana return on ally only ;) (unlike rest info, this is joke)
    Edited by Cinbri on August 30, 2015 3:35PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still a useless skill in any PvP.

If it always healed you + 1 other target it may be more useful, but just 1 target that might not even be you? Absolutely terrible since BoL can do 3x the healing.

The only situation this is better than BoL is if you are running 100% solo in PvP, and actively looking to avoid any allies at all.

Edit:
    Cinbri wrote: »

I know: they also changed word "target" to "ally", so know you can proc mana return on ally only ;) (unlike rest info, this is joke)

Oh lol I just read this, now the mana return won't even work on you if you are running solo. So much for my "1 viable scenario" lol. (unless this is not the case, and ally still means "you" also.)
    Edited by danno8 on August 30, 2015 5:04PM
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at the bright side, with all these templar changes like eclipse and honor the dead, ZoS can now let us know they are infact looking at templars.

I just wish i could agree with the changes they do =/
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

If it always healed you + 1 other target it may be more useful, but just 1 target that might not even be you? Absolutely terrible since BoL can do 3x the healing.

The only situation this is better than BoL is if you are running 100% solo in PvP, and actively looking to avoid any allies at all.

Edit:

Oh lol I just read this, now the mana return won't even work on you if you are running solo. So much for my "1 viable scenario" lol. (unless this is not the case, and ally still means "you" also.)
    Ally seems to be the general term for "every one who doesn't turn red when you look at them".
    Should still trigger on you from what i understand when it comes to ZOS terminology.
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Edit:

Ally seems to be the general term for "every one who doesn't turn red when you look at them".
    Should still trigger on you from what i understand when it comes to ZOS terminology.
    Ye, it is still triggering on you, i just joked about it. Still new description is misleading.

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Edit:

On seriuos note, HtD still proc on you, but Mutagen has "allies" word in it and 20% hp burst heal works only on allies, not on you.
  • Springt-Über-Zwerge
    Springt-Über-Zwerge
    ✭✭✭✭

Everywhere it says ally you are also affected by the buff. Like in the rapid regen tooltip. It says heal up to 2 nearby allies but it still applies to yourself
    PC,EU, EP
    Der-über-Zwerge-springt (Argonian, Magplar), Surtur Velothi (Dunmer, Magdk), Jaqene H'ghar (Imperial, Stamblade), Puppyslayer (Orc, Stamdk), Dagoth Era (Dunmer, Magblade), Æthmon Trevas (Altmer, Magsorc), Der-Zuletzt-Lacht (Argonian, Magden), Sir-Lanzeflott (Redguard, Stamplar)
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Everywhere it says ally you are also affected by the buff. Like in the rapid regen tooltip. It says heal up to 2 nearby allies but it still applies to yourself
    I know as i said i just joking. But still ally not always mean you coz
    but Mutagen has "proc on allies" word in it and 20% hp burst heal from Mutagen works only on allies, not on you.

• F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaliki wrote: »

More heal? Where?
    It's funny how the image was accidentally updated shortly afterwards. Thankfully someone noticed already:
    RoyJade wrote: »
    4432 -> 8435.

• AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love that the reduction in magic returned change was not in the patch notes. #Nerfplars indeed