Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you serious? Scorers' applying only 1 shield a time?

• Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at 40k health and shields. You do know to get high shield you generally have to go high magika and low health right? Maybe in non vet they have 30k but not in vet. The reason they can absorb so much dmg is they keep reapplying the sheilds
    Edited by Sithisvoid on September 1, 2015 1:28AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sithisvoid wrote: »
    Lol at 40k health and shields. You do know to get high shield you generally have to go high magika and low health right? Maybe in non vet they have 30k but not in vet

Yes, but we have to let people who can't fight sorcerers vent
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Sithisvoid wrote: »
    Lol at 40k health and shields. You do know to get high shield you generally have to go high magika and low health right? Maybe in non vet they have 30k but not in vet

Yes, but we have to let people who can't fight sorcerers vent

I suck at fighting a sorc on my stamina NB so what i do is wait them out and gank them lololol. Getting on your horse for a ride? Snipe>snipe>snipe>snipe
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Funny because everyone here also fails to take into account that Sorcs have the lightest-weight armor and NEED the extra protection. Thankfully they boosted Light armor in the update, but it is still the weakest of all armor yet, because of the passives, are pretty much required by Sorcs. So no, I don't think being able to stack shields is a bad thing for those who are wearing the least amount of protection.

If you want to play a tank, then play a tank...
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Funny because everyone here also fails to take into account that Sorcs have the lightest-weight armor and NEED the extra protection. Thankfully they boosted Light armor in the update, but it is still the weakest of all armor yet, because of the passives, are pretty much required by Sorcs. So no, I don't think being able to stack shields is a bad thing for those who are wearing the least amount of protection.

sorc aren't a tank.

The only physical shield they have is hardened ward and magically despite the cryers belief isn't a 20k shield. It's a 12k-14k.

Thats 12k-14k doesn't have any armour value so when you hit for those 12k wb's and 12-18k snipe that takes out the shield.

Sorc seem tanky because they constantly need to re apply shield if it drops they have low hp and die.

Now if they can't stack shields what are they meant to do vs magicka nb's who have high burst with the ability to infinite cloak and are now stupidly hard to pull out of cloak.

Or against magicka dk's who reflect 80% of a sorc's skill set, including the sorc main dmging ability. Who then can heal when they feel like, cast undodgable, unblockable skills and use a soft cc root?.

Or templars why have jabs which you can't do anything about of spam their jesus beam or dark flare?

Sorc's need the extra shield because the shield is the only thing that keeps us alive.

Dk's have reflect + GDB
    Nb's can stealth when they want. Magicka also have dodge chance. Stamina can roll and have vigor + rally now (some of the best heals in the game)
    Templars can out heal any dps in the game.
    Sorc had 1 class shield (for physical) and 2 shield for magicka.

So in this forum the bad puggers who cry the most zos seems to listen too, i see.

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

sorc aren't a tank.

The only physical shield they have is hardened ward and magically despite the cryers belief isn't a 20k shield. It's a 12k-14k.

Thats 12k-14k doesn't have any armour value so when you hit for those 12k wb's and 12-18k snipe that takes out the shield.

Sorc seem tanky because they constantly need to re apply shield if it drops they have low hp and die.

Now if they can't stack shields what are they meant to do vs magicka nb's who have high burst with the ability to infinite cloak and are now stupidly hard to pull out of cloak.

Or against magicka dk's who reflect 80% of a sorc's skill set, including the sorc main dmging ability. Who then can heal when they feel like, cast undodgable, unblockable skills and use a soft cc root?.

Or templars why have jabs which you can't do anything about of spam their jesus beam or dark flare?

Sorc's need the extra shield because the shield is the only thing that keeps us alive.

Dk's have reflect + GDB
    Nb's can stealth when they want. Magicka also have dodge chance. Stamina can roll and have vigor + rally now (some of the best heals in the game)
    Templars can out heal any dps in the game.
    Sorc had 1 class shield (for physical) and 2 shield for magicka.

So in this forum the bad puggers who cry the most zos seems to listen too, i see.

The answer to your question is to....remarkably....stay behind the tank. Problem solved.

Taunt mechanic in PVP doesn't work though, which is why they can't balance this game no matter how hard they try.
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brantleyx wrote: »
    This thread should be closed cos it's all toxic BS.

Oh my bad, Where should I re-open this to discuss combat and character mechanic issues?

It would still be toxic. You're spreading rumours and getting people's backs up because you're spreading information that you can't or won't back up.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they honestly considering - nerfing sorcs where they can only apply 1 shield "at a time"?! What the hell.. So not only is there literally a Shield breaker set, Where every other class can hit our health directly. But another downgrade where only one shield can be summoned per break? Almost forgot, On top of having shields crit-able. Whats the point of even playing this class?

Wait. You mean they are considering to balance the game so sorcerers are no longer unkillable tanks and glass canons at the same time? Is this for real? Where do I sign up?
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they honestly considering - nerfing sorcs where they can only apply 1 shield "at a time"?! What the hell.. So not only is there literally a Shield breaker set, Where every other class can hit our health directly. But another downgrade where only one shield can be summoned per break? Almost forgot, On top of having shields crit-able. Whats the point of even playing this class?

Wait. You mean they are considering to balance the game so sorcerers are no longer unkillable tanks and glass canons at the same time? Is this for real? Where do I sign up?

Unkillable? - not at all, if people took the time to actually learn that would be great.

Glass - yes soon as shield is down is easy to kill a sorc.

Why is is impossible for people to figure out you need to burst a sorc not just spam all abilities you have or in the case of most stamina builds that one ability you use.

PS4 EU DC

• Brantleyx
    Brantleyx
    ✭✭
    wraith808 wrote: »

Oh my bad, Where should I re-open this to discuss combat and character mechanic issues?

It would still be toxic. You're spreading rumours and getting people's backs up because you're spreading information that you can't or won't back up.

Spreading information?.. What. So every single thing I've stated is rumors? Crit-able shields was a rumor?.. There is no set called "SHIELD BREAKER SET" right? This never existed, I made that up.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    didint read all the posts but i never heard this shield thing anywhere from any source before now. Until zos says something it doesnt matter. Also, from what I know they retracted the critable sheilds. lastly, how dare they give a set to counter shields. you know the only counter shields have.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    didint read all the posts but i never heard this shield thing anywhere from any source before now. Until zos says something it doesnt matter. Also, from what I know they retracted the critable sheilds. lastly, how dare they give a set to counter shields. you know the only counter shields have.

sets to counter shields is fine, just it needs balancing first.
    PS4 EU DC

• FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spreading information?.. What. So every single thing I've stated is rumors? Crit-able shields was a rumor?.. There is no set called "SHIELD BREAKER SET" right? This never existed, I made that up.

I can't tell if you're a troll. Shield breaker set exists, so do stackable shields, critable shields don't. What exactly are you not understanding? You sound really mixed up. People just want links to where you got the info. Aside from that you have an inflammatory way of coming across. Probably best you don't post at all.
    PC | EU
  • Brantleyx
    Brantleyx
    ✭✭

I can't tell if you're a troll. Shield breaker set exists, so do stackable shields, critable shields don't. What exactly are you not understanding? You sound really mixed up. People just want links to where you got the info. Aside from that you have an inflammatory way of coming across. Probably best you don't post at all.

Excuse me super nerd, "Inflammatory, provide links, etc" You're in the same forums as I am, Play the same game as I do. If you're any type of "Pvp" Player since you're in the combat section; You would have heard this from multiple people. I came here to ask a simple question, and sort out a valid answer. Obviously stack-able shields is a thing, The question I'm asking (Or wonder if anyone has heard this as well) is if eliminating the ability to stack shields in the makings.
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭

See... you still didn't talk about where you found the main point of the thread. The best lies are the ones that are supported with a modicum of truth.

I'll repeat the question, just so you can try to wiggle out of it again.
    Are they honestly considering - nerfing sorcs where they can only apply 1 shield "at a time"?!

That's the first line of your thread starter. Where are you getting this information from? Link? Something?
    Almost forgot, On top of having shields crit-able.

Again, where are you getting this information?

You answer those two questions, and you might have some merit. Until then, it's just spit and wind.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    I've said it plenty of times. Shield stacking sorcs are weak and have no skill learn to survive like the rest of us.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excuse me super nerd, "Inflammatory, provide links, etc" You're in the same forums as I am, Play the same game as I do. If you're any type of "Pvp" Player since you're in the combat section; You would have heard this from multiple people.

Yet, YOU are the only one here saying they've heard about this... and still you haven't provided ANY links to where ZOS has actually discussed this... whether it be in ESO Live or here in the forums even after being repeatedly asked to provide corroborating information.
    Edited by ADarklore on September 1, 2015 12:45PM
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Junglejim82
    Junglejim82
    ✭✭✭
    You wanna see real tears OP check out my stamblade. 15% stam Regen reduction , no ww buff , roll changes , block changes . Yeah sorcerers just got tampered with though
    Jungleim
    Stamblade extrordinaire (for now)
    Mass Terror /elders of anarchy ps4 e.u
    Daggerfalls finest

Always looking for serious pvpers not afraid to mic up. See below
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/181697/massterror-ps4-eu-daggerfall-are-recruiting#latest
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

We ignoring the 50% shield reduction, the 50% healing reduction, healing ward is the sorc only class heal... xD

id like to make some points, though i apologies if I'm incorrect:

@leepalmer95 You neglected to mentions damage was also getting reduced by 50% so i was lead to believe in these forums from other topics? ergo these reductions really mean little other than resource management is more key and TTK is reduced, hopefully yes this will reduce the glass cannon sorc's sustain further and we may see more variety in sorc playstyle. I expect if this first change has this affect the later changes will not be introduced.

sorcs say there is a cast time to frags, agreed, but once you cast the first it seems very easy to get the purple hands off death to instant cast the next, and that instant cast crystal frags counts as casting crystal frags so the instant cast can reoccur.
    in otherwords you could cast CF 1 time and have it l instant cast crystal frags thereafter. This comes with reduced cost and 20% damage buff. but the downside is you are not in control of when you get the purple hands. its high potential damage vs risk of it not being up when you need it. so i have no problem with this

shield stacking is a pain. but the shields tend to have different effects, so i would have thought only similar affects would cancel out the others. eg harness magicka only shields agaisnt spells. i have no problem with this stacking hardened ward. but healing ward should not stack on top of hardened ward imo, nor bone shield.

there is a bug where when a shield breaks all armour is ignored for the damage above that which broke the shield. eg 1000 Hp of shield being broken by 10k of damage means 9k of that damage goes onto the target without accounting for armor. as far as i know this bug has not been fixed and ought to be before implementing a 1 shield at a time rule.

finally, it is said sorcs have to have shields because they wear light armor, dont you think i would love my DK to use light armor and get all those passives including regen/reduced cost, yet i cant because my play style means I die too quickly without my heavy armor. sure i could do like a sorc and use healing ward but i have no additional shield to stack with it but the paltry igneous shield which really isnt much. i have to use warlock/magnus 5 piece combo with a shield and it works but at reduced damage/sustain that id get from light armor so its a trade off on play style. why should it be different for sorcerers? risk vs reward this change may never come if the other changes do enough to drain sorcs resource pool and if it does come its no different to many other classes, i think this "uproar" is a little uneccessary

edit:
    forgot to say i would also like to know the source of 1 shield at a time statement. because the mechanics would need to change. Else you may get someone giving you a shield such as igneous shield and healing ward canceling out your more powerful shield, So it would have to be only self applied shields that cannot be stacked
    Edited by willymchilybily on September 1, 2015 1:26PM
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    Many newbs lurk in this thread, you may not see it, because they all look to be using cloak. xD
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Blame all the Sorcs running with multiple shields for this. If @ZOS would have stopped shield stacking from the start this wouldn't even be a topic for discussion. With the changes they've made to shields for IC, it may be fine as it is now. Shields have been reduced a lot and people can actually be killed.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Robbmrp wrote: »

Blame all the Sorcs running with multiple shields for this. If @ZOS would have stopped shield stacking from the start this wouldn't even be a topic for discussion. With the changes they've made to shields for IC, it may be fine as it is now. Shields have been reduced a lot and people can actually be killed.

by multiple you mean 2 right?
    PS4 EU DC

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

We ignoring the 50% shield reduction, the 50% healing reduction, healing ward is the sorc only class heal... xD

id like to make some points, though i apologies if I'm incorrect:

@leepalmer95 You neglected to mentions damage was also getting reduced by 50% so i was lead to believe in these forums from other topics? ergo these reductions really mean little other than resource management is more key and TTK is reduced, hopefully yes this will reduce the glass cannon sorc's sustain further and we may see more variety in sorc playstyle. I expect if this first change has this affect the later changes will not be introduced.

sorcs say there is a cast time to frags, agreed, but once you cast the first it seems very easy to get the purple hands off death to instant cast the next, and that instant cast crystal frags counts as casting crystal frags so the instant cast can reoccur.
    in otherwords you could cast CF 1 time and have it l instant cast crystal frags thereafter. This comes with reduced cost and 20% damage buff. but the downside is you are not in control of when you get the purple hands. its high potential damage vs risk of it not being up when you need it. so i have no problem with this

shield stacking is a pain. but the shields tend to have different effects, so i would have thought only similar affects would cancel out the others. eg harness magicka only shields agaisnt spells. i have no problem with this stacking hardened ward. but healing ward should not stack on top of hardened ward imo, nor bone shield.

there is a bug where when a shield breaks all armour is ignored for the damage above that which broke the shield. eg 1000 Hp of shield being broken by 10k of damage means 9k of that damage goes onto the target without accounting for armor. as far as i know this bug has not been fixed and ought to be before implementing a 1 shield at a time rule.

finally, it is said sorcs have to have shields because they wear light armor, dont you think i would love my DK to use light armor and get all those passives including regen/reduced cost, yet i cant because my play style means I die too quickly without my heavy armor. sure i could do like a sorc and use healing ward but i have no additional shield to stack with it but the paltry igneous shield which really isnt much. i have to use warlock/magnus 5 piece combo with a shield and it works but at reduced damage/sustain that id get from light armor so its a trade off on play style. why should it be different for sorcerers? risk vs reward this change may never come if the other changes do enough to drain sorcs resource pool and if it does come its no different to many other classes, i think this "uproar" is a little uneccessary

edit:
    forgot to say i would also like to know the source of 1 shield at a time statement. because the mechanics would need to change. Else you may get someone giving you a shield such as igneous shield and healing ward canceling out your more powerful shield, So it would have to be only self applied shields that cannot be stacked

dmg is already at 20% so it's an increase of 30%.

you can't proc frags by casting frags, go read the tooltip.

Healing ward is a heal... yes the shield is there but a good sorc always casts this last so the heal actually heals... thats also received a double nerf so a sorc only heal is being nerfed...

Dk's have a class heal, can reflect all projectiles, do have a class shield. Thats why it's different for sorc. I know because i have a magicka dk in light armour.
    PS4 EU DC

• willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    @leepalmer95 i guess i just see it in a different light to you
    dmg is already at 20% so it's an increase of 30%.
    okay, thanks
    The Battle Spirit buff has been adjusted and now has 30% more damage reduction, 35% less healing received, and 50% less damage shield strength.
    you can't proc frags by casting frags, go read the tooltip.
    Lol. ill try not to feel too patronised, you either didnt read or misunderstood. once I cast my first crystal frag I can use my other abilities normally only 2 or 3 abilities and i proc the instant cast reduced cost +20% damage crystal frags. When i fire my instant cast frags, i can then use another 2 or 3 other abilities and i once again can instant cast crystal frags. it only needs one cast is my point. After that you can keep procing a new instant cast off of the last instant cast (yes by using other abilities in between as the tooltip says). I was only making this statement as few players seem to try out other classes to know this and Sorcs often state CF cast time making it easy to dodge/block/reflect when defending its power, when the reality they can chain the instant casts together quite happily. but this is off topic
    Healing ward is a heal... yes the shield is there but a good sorc always casts this last so the heal actually heals... thats also received a double nerf so a sorc only heal is being nerfed...

Dk's have a class heal, can reflect all projectiles, do have a class shield. Thats why it's different for sorc. I know because i have a magicka dk in light armour.
    all healing is being nerfed. The only healing sorcs use and the only healing sorcs have are not one and the same. They use healing ward because it heals and gives a shield to stack with their other shield and a nice shield/heal as it scales off magicka/ missing health. The fact both shields and healing got hit by the nerf in PVP is true for all classes using healing ward. I dont use resto staff but i would imagine rapid regenaration and grand healing also heal your character?

Edited by willymchilybily on September 1, 2015 3:25PM
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumper45 wrote: »
    Because stacking shields and only casting 1 attack spell to do 17-20k is too much. clearly.... Running around with spammable 40k hp + with that kind of dps is overkill. youre angry because? its a nerf in your direction? Its being abused heavily right now. So they will attempt to nerf it.Whats new about that.

People seriously just need to learn how to kill sorc before they cry about them, 40k hp? lmk where you get that from, 20 frags huh, you must not be blocking or dodging, it's so blatently obvious when people fire this thing...

Were is the magicka nb heal.

Sorc were never a problem on my dk.

One although shileds were reduced so too was the damage. So shields take less damage as well as give less damage. Two, healing ward with hardened ward was a problem and still can be. The issue here is by the time someone gets hardened ward down heal ward has healed them to full health. The reduced damage helps to even out the reduced shield. The reduced healing helps stop a full health bar from happening. That said, healing ward still heals hard and sorcs can still stack hardened over it and have healing ward heal before it is down. Worst case scenario a sorc streak once tk help mitigate damage. This 8s where shield breaker comes in.
  • mikwin
    mikwin
    ✭✭
    What's the problem, sorcs can spam shield and the rest of you spam way better heals or go invisible.
  • Tdroid
    Tdroid
    ✭✭✭
    mikwin wrote: »
    What's the problem, sorcs can spam shield and the rest of you spam way better heals or go invisible.

Only if you're geared towards it. Magicka Nightblade balance issues aside(Cloak also need to be nerfed through giving all other classes more reliable counters), pretty much only dedicated tank-builds have that level of survivability. And this is simply because most other DPS character do not have defenses that scale of their main damage stat. If the Dragonknight had just so awesome self-preservation in form of class heals, you'd see a lot more DKs run around in nothing but robes like the Sorcs can.

But what about the Sorcs? Since Hardened Ward scales of the same stats as your damage spells do, there is no sacrifice comparable to the other classes when it comes to the choice between survivability and DPS. You get both at the same time.

There are really only 2 answers to this. One would be to make Conjure Ward and its morphs scale of health, to put it on par with the shield spells of other classes. And the other is not letting Sorcs stack damage shields.

If ZoS are planning to do the latter, you should consider yourself blessed, because then you still have the most reliable damage shields of any DPS character. Sure, maybe you need to mix in some heavy armor to help with survivability. But guess what? Stamina builds have had to consider the necessities of such mixing all along. And don't complain about light armor being so weak. It just got its defensive stats doubled.

If I had my wish, they'd go with the former of the 2 solutions. That way, Sorcs could be free to stack all the shields they want to, but they'd have to go for a more tank-y setup, like the rest of us, to have that level of defense.

Both of these solutions are aimed a one goal: To make it so that dedicated damage sorcerers cannot match tank-y builds in how much punishment they can take. The same thing a lot of other damage builds faces in this game.

My overall point? Having a class that does both survivability and damage great at the same time is bad game design. Force them to choose between survivability or damage like the rest of us.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc tanks are real! I exist! (And we are more than viable)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt mind if shieldstacking was removed, im a sorc, id actually welcome it, but that would mean *** like shieldbreaker would need to get toned down considerably.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • hardcore_gmr
    hardcore_gmr
    ✭✭✭
    *gets popcorn*

I encourage anyone who is interested in a good laugh to actually put their own character aside for a second and read the comments here from the first post (which Btw is an obvious troll...on a related note, very well done sir, you managed to stir the pot without being obivious. You still haven't said where or how you came into this information that has got these folks all fired up, but you've managed to get people to fight like Zoe added it to the patch notes) to these words I write now. Comedy! So much butt hurt and angst, so much "why can't I beat this class that just stands there and cast shields and cfrags." My sides hurt, his is too good. I've invited others to view this thread so we rational folks can point and laugh at the level of immature BS being spread with each new commenter. Oh well....carry on, just wanted to let you all know that we are here....watching!

*gets chair....this is gone be gooood!*